Sci-Fi Triumph Brainstorm

I am designing an extremely overpowered sci-fi faction that will have their pride handed to them on a platter.

I won't give details about the above, but basically, I want to brainstorm the kind of enemies that this faction HAS beaten and therefore give them a history that justifies their overconfidence.

Said faction builds ringworlds regularly as if they were bridges. They have built multiple multi-star-core dyson ships. An ancient treaty by elder gods has granted them the gift to eventually master all physical phenomena. Reality cannot be bent against them, but it works both ways. They have colonized multiple galaxies. They're not as powerful as Time Lords or Daleks yet, but if it weren't for the final boss, they would reach there.

As a starter, this is the kind of enemies they've beaten, all through sheer conventional naval power - and they have managed to do this without breaking a sweat:
* Intergalactic devouring swarms not!Tyrannids
* Intergalactic infectious parasites not!Flood
* Extradimensional galactic-scale demonic invaders
* Sentient harvesters who use evolution as an experiment to find an answer to synthetic-organic wars not!Reapers
* Unwanted assimilators not!Borg
* Generic genocidal space nazis
* Rogue mining bots []not!BETA
* Kaiju

TL;DR: I need a resume for an overpowered faction that will get their shit kicked in. I would like help brainstorming the several kinds of enemies they've faced in the past and have made them hubristically overconfident.

Other urls found in this thread:

worm.wikia.com/wiki/Entity
spacebattles-factions-database.wikia.com/wiki/Photino_Birds
reddit.com/r/respectthreads/comments/34ydft/respect_supreme_commanders/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>sci-fi faction
>pact with eldritch gods

/thread

Bump for interest.

Bump of saving the thread.

Stand by for the actual comment.

This ship is bigger than that image is tall.

They lose to Entropy, so all their great accomplishments are rendered moot.

Peak sci-fi.

>multiplie galaxies and multiple dyson core ships.
Well, my interest is dropped. have fun with your thread, OP.

OP not only you are faggot but you are a retard too. Unless your players are at least elder demi-gods what's the fucking point of a premise like this? Comic relief? Megalomania? Screaming how more awesome your powers are then the powers of the described by the previous 5 year old in the playground?

Worldbuilding because reasons.

Here's two options for things to could totally just show up and hand them their pride.

worm.wikia.com/wiki/Entity

And

spacebattles-factions-database.wikia.com/wiki/Photino_Birds

Here's an insanely overpowered enemy they could have beaten in the past.

reddit.com/r/respectthreads/comments/34ydft/respect_supreme_commanders/

They're destroyed by an enemy of the mind.

civil war

Reminder that Disney Star Wars' "Mega Star Destroyer" is 60km long, far larger than anything there

Like I said, peak Sci-Fi.

My question was not "what kind of enemy would absolutely destroy them and hand to them their pride." Thanks regardless for ideas on how to design such enemies. My question was, "what kind of enemies have they faced in the past that have made them arrogant."

You don't need anymore of those.

You do not break hubris by presenting a stronger enemy, nor by having him beat your players. Just think of all th eplayers that stroke themselve on the thought they might encounter a dragon.

What you need is Cardboard Bob, Tuckers Kobolds or Steve the Intern. Some enemy that would not be an threat if the players woulnd't sit on their high horse and keep their wits together.

having someone battle crazy veteran crippled by orbital strikes will only feed his rage, even if he has to crawl into combat. Having said veteran just tased by Steve , who thought he was an armed robber, that's going to hit his pride.

Of course this assumes that there isn't too much difference between the personal power of people. If you play something like Starfinder wit levels and where high level players are demi-gods, well you are in trouble now.

Agree with this one.

Planet Trade Organization

This.

The term you're looking for is "victory disease" - and it can come from kicking a lot of small enemies, or kicking one big enemy's ass. Having it both ways at once is totally redundant.

Basically, they already kicked so much ass, and got so big, they don't believe anyone will ever be able to beat their fuckhuge high-tech fleet of ass-kicking badassitude.

Might be an unliked example here, but think Solarian Union in the Weber's Honorverse.

Is that the First Order's? How the fuck does a backwater remnant of the near bankrupt Empire gets the funds to build both a planet sized Death Star AND a dumb as fuck hueg ship that couldn't scream "sabotage me" any louder to everyone in the galaxy?