/wfg/ Warhammer Fantasy General

Resistance edition

Upcoming Content: Total War: Warhammer 2, WFRP 4e, unnamed hack'n'slash genre Warhammer vidya, Vermintide 2, Doomwheel

> Resources (Crunch, Lore and Warhammer Fantasy Role-play)
WFB: pastebin.com/8rnyAa1S
WFRP: pastebin.com/0e6RuQux
Novels: mega.nz/#F!9Lw1WIRZ!eKxkOlAQwuZO3_8pHOK-EQ

> We're looking for these novels for the archive
pastebin.com/TSQhemJR

> Alternative Warhammer Miniatures and Manufacturers
pastebin.com/CvGaNyrk
the-ninth-age.com/lexicon/index.php?lexicon/462-the-9th-age-miniature-library/
tabletop-miniatures-solutions.com/13-the-9th-age
Tomb Kings Alternative: indiegogo.com/projects/tms-undying-dynasties-army-release#/
Bretonnia Alternative: indiegogo.com/projects/tms-kingdom-of-equitaine-army-release

> The 9th Age
the-ninth-age.com

> Warhammer Wikis
warhammerfb.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Wiki (most complete)
whfb.lexicanum.com/wiki/Main_Page
warhammeronline.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Online_Wiki

> Warhammer Video Games
Total War Warhammer: store.steampowered.com/app/364360/
Vermintide: store.steampowered.com/app/235540/
Mordheim City of the Damned: store.steampowered.com/app/276810/
Bloodbowl 2: store.steampowered.com/app/236690/
Man O' War: store.steampowered.com/app/344240/
Return of Reckoning: returnofreckoning.com/
Snotling Fling: itunes.apple.com/us/app/warhammer-snotling-fling/id901638145?mt=8

Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

gitzmansgallery.com/wfrp-maptools.html
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ!JVw20QKC
humblebundle.com/books/warhammer-rpg-books
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I would consider myself an Oldhammerer by rules and attitude but I really liked most of the sculpts in the last edition. I think they were some of the best models GW ever made.

Why is Malekith such a hothead?

He's still a mommy's boy.

I want to run my players through the Lure of the Liche Lord adventure. However, that is set in the Border Princes and they are currently in Erengrad. For fluff reasons you can't really move the Tomb and further north, so how do I get my players that far south quickly?

WFRP 4e will be good and mostly backwards compatible with 2e. If we all believe it hard enough, it will be true.

I wish Cubicle 7 would post some goddamn info about it instead of retweeting these assholes taking pictures of their LOTR roleplay books as if they actually play the game.

What do you guys expect out of 4e?

It will be good, C7 have a pedigree.

I'm hoping they rework the wounds into a damage threshold mechanic. Other than that, probably going to be very similar.

2nd edition but with better editing and more sourcebooks for the other races and nations.

I'm hoping careers unique to elves would be covered and that there will be rules made for Orc, Goblins and Ogre characters with the Beastmen characters being balanced as well.

>pc swordmaster of hoeth
Can't wait to deflect bullets with a parry.

It could literally be a carbon copy of 2e with more splatbooks and I'd be perfectly fine with it.

is 4e coming this year?

No idea. Cubicle 7 hasn't posted anything about it since the announcement.

Why were beastmen PC's so crazy? Gors had toughness 50 on average with tons of bonuses.

I think they were meant to be used entirely as NPCs rather than players just like vampires. Though, even with that consideration they went too far since every single one of them had Frightening as well as impressively high starting stats.

I'd also want High and Dark magic to be represented. A generic dark lore without daemon summoning for dark magic while the high magic discipline has 1 spell from each lore for its spell list and 2 spells that don't seem to fit in any of those. I think that the greatest strength of high magic should be in its rituals rather than any other area with High Magic allowing the use of rituals that are usually only fitted with a single lore or powerful rituals that draw on multiple ones.

Bump for ideas

Sup tg, I am about to undertake my fourth(!) 3000 points whfb army and am so indecisive about where to go with it!
I already have the holy trinity of Skaven, Gobbos and Dwarves locked in an battle with one another and want this new force to compliment those nicely.
My thoughts are ogres (as in they have just crossed the mountains and are wading through the fight) or Empire (coming in to assist their Dwarven comrades).
Are there any other forces that would fit fluff-wise that I have missed?
Secondly, I have thought up a solid ogres list but am uncertain with the Empire one. All I know is that it WILL have Khal on Deathclaw (what compliments him?).

Are there any decent Warhammer (or WH inspired) tokens to use on Roll20?

> Steam tank style carrier
> Magic
> Pegasis
> Skaven?

>Orc, Goblins
Maybe in d&d where pixies pick flowers but not in my old world your not.

I was going to say chaos dwarfs or ogres, but ogres would definitely fit better in the crossfire between all 4 factions
Empire armies are a little less 1 dimensional than most ogre armies but maybe at 3000pts you could do some cool stuff

I'd say High Elves or Empire.

gitzmansgallery.com/wfrp-maptools.html

Some good ones in there.

The army I have in mind for ogres is two hordes each with character accompaniment, mounfang unit, twelve leadbelchers and an ironblaster. One dimention is all I need. Chaos dwarves I thought about but decided I couldn't be bothered with 3rd party or FW.

High Elves I didn't think about because I didn't think they ventured out to the World's Edge Mountains and think Dwarves would work with Ogres before Elves.

I was thinking about it and, who and where the hell will be in TWWH 3? Ogres and daemons battle it out in the chaos wastes?

I'd personally like there to be 4 daemon chaos factions or god-devotees and whoever wins in that section spills out into the real world and can sort of warp around and fight any faction as incentive for people to encounter them and want to grab the other titles

I imagine the Empire would come to help their dwarven friends in the battle against gobbos and skaven. Personally I love Wissenland, but Averland would work well.

Is it against canon for a Tomb King to be able to open magical portals, or teleport? Is that just a Chaos thing?

>he doesn't wanna bash some 'eads wit da boyz
u wut m8

You could easily justify a Bretomnian force too. The Gray Mountains have Dwarfs, Bretonnia has lots of Greenskins, and they have a persistent Skaven problem.

Alternatively, why not go crazy and field a Tilean or Estalian army? You have 3 giant canon armies, why not do a custom job on #4? There are a ton of third party parts and even models to spruce up the army

You could probably handwave a magic portal, as long as it's connected to some ancient temple or something. I just don't see why it would connect to the Border Princes or Erengrad.

Personally, I'd just make up the story of some Tomb King that cast a spell that was supposed to free his people from the curse of undeath, but instead rocketed his whole city around the world. Set it up as a mythical lost kingdom.

Who are your PCs? An old friend might call them south.

Erengrad is known, like Marienburg and Mousillon, as a place where anything can be bought or sold. Perhaps they find or buy something Nehekharan?

1.) Condense skills. There are a number of skills that should be blended into 1 or 2 at most.

2.) Review career entries and exits. A number of careers could use entries or exits into logical points.

3.) Tweak careers. Some careers need mild tweaks. Trollslayers need to be a bit more robust to be viable, which is a fair tradeoff considering they'll be in the career a while and will be fighting naked even with some talent/advance lovin'. Witch Hunters do not natively have access to Torture (!?!) or Gunpowder (!?!) and Targeteer has no Gunpowder path. There are others like these.

4.) Improve combat. All weapon options should have some niche they do well. This doesn't mean they need to be 'equal,' but players should have incentive for choosing them.

5.) A bestiary on launch. One of 2e's big weaknesses at go was that it didn't have one of these.

6.) Elf splat. Dwarf splat. These should be the first two done, then an adventure path somewhere new - Lustria, Araby, Nehekhara?

How does Mousilion even work anyway? Sometimes it's presented as degenerate but still legitimate, other times it's a hive of scum and villainy that's really only a birthplace of evil. Trade ships still apparently come up the River Grismere to Gisoreux despite the place being so damned.

Here's a thought: the PCs will be attending a high society ball in a session or two, perhaps there is a visiting "Arabyan" noble who is actually an envoy of a Tomb King? He might be looking for a worthy group to loot a tomb or something, bit secretly wants to free his Lord?

But does it make sense that he could open a portal? That seems like Chaos magic

No Fate points ever, except Bray Shamans which are ridiculously powerful.

>But does it make sense that he could open a portal? That seems like Chaos magic

The only teleport spells that I remember are a Skaven one (so chaos) and a lesser magic one in Tome of Corruption that explicitly ISN'T dark magic (but has short range).

There's a teleportation mutation too.

Besides that, the Old Ones had teleportation networks.

I'd like a more robust magic system. 2ed is an improvement over 1ed, but it deserves a revamp.

What kind of additions are you looking for?

1. Less whiff
2. Drop basic skills, and move the more useful ones to advanced. Digging through the entire list just to tell someone to roll at half their fellowship when bartering was silly.
3. Figure out how to make a musket not completely outclassed by a peasant's hunting bow.
4. Bestiary included.

More marriage between the core game and the magic system. Both 1ed and 2ed felt like their magic systems were worked on seperately and then just wedged into the game.

Something like using WP to cast and relying on degrees of success and having spells causing different levels of effect based on that.

Hmmm, so there is a precedent for non-Chaotic portals? That might be enough for me. Yes, I think that will work.

>Some careers need mild tweaks.

This right here. My dreams of being an Engineer were fucked when I realized he's got almost none of the shooty skill, or general skills, that other gun-related careers do.

What sort of stats should a merwyrm have as an RPG encounter?

Depends on whether or not you want your players to beat it.

Use the base dragon stats and use less Strength and give it more Agility.

They're nowhere near the size of a dragon, though, are they? Going by the other art and the model, they're what, about the size of a manticore?

Depends on the dragon, I guess, but I imagine a sea creature would be really tough if it can stand the pressure of the deep ocean (I don't count jellyfish or whatever). They could probably rival a Sun Dragon on a good day, but would get squashed into paste by a Moon or Star Dragon.

Normally I'd just gauge based on the statline, but it's all in Smegmar stats now, and I have no frame of reference there.

Jesus, if you translate that to the RPG with the usual 'multiply by 10' rule you're talking something which really IS directly comparable to a dragon in direct stats. It's faster, even.

M2(16 in water), WS 56, BS 0, S 59, T 65, Ag 78, Ws 19, Int 25, Fel 10.

How often does orion fight major demonic threats to athel loren?
And by major I mean lead by actual demons not beastshit.

Hard to say, but probably whenever it has the chance to pose a threat to Athel Loren. Ariel will scry and if daemons are on the horizon Orion will be there with his giant abs.

interesting. Have some banter.

The book about it seems to suggest Mousillon's problem is partially that it's a just-barely High Middle Ages technology level city in a goddamn swamp with a population near as big as some medium-sized Empire towns, so it's water is gross and it's sewer is literally nonexistent leading to a fairly revolting city atmosphere and aroma.
Despite this it's got a port that's easy to smuggle shit into and even more importantly has very few Bretonnian lords around to tax the shit out of you for being a peasant with actual money so foreigners come to trade there a lot.

The swamp around it is WAY worse though.

Orion has the most awesome smack-talk in all of the factions so far.
Even his "polite and friendly faction" interactions are rude and sarcastic as shit.

yep, even at the best of times he is full elf in terms of looking down on other factions.
However his smack talk with enemy factions is god tier.

This is a pretty good putdown of nekharans and bloodsuckers in general.

>"It is good you come to me on your knees...oh, my pardon. Those are your feet. An easy mistake to make."

holy fug

I feel like doing another Wood Elf campaign, what interesting things should I do, since I almost always end up just turning Norsca into Santa Orion's Winter Wonderland.

His banter with the undead is solid too.
>you call yourself immortal? You stand before a god in mortal form.
and we are allied.
The best thing about orion is that he is able to back up his banter with his fighting ability.

I am using a mod that basically makes wood elves have a more tradional building system and gives you a lot of amber. Now I am saving the world from chaos and killing demons while living inside comfy athel loren.

After all, he's the avatar of Kournos, god of the hunt, nature and sick bantz.

He bullied this nurglefag so bad that his entire army routed.

>>Nurgling walk
>>Orion stride

total war games in general are gold mines for reaction images.

WAZZOCK

I get that that's pretty heavily modded, but why does Mousilion not have its usual Ducal symbol? That didn't need to be changed at all.

Could you also explain what the heck happened to Artois? Why are there Skullsmasherz there?

The map is one of the few, extremely weak parts of TW: WH.

I hope when III comes out, they release tools to modify the campaign map. Custom campaigns and mini-campaigns would be cool as hell.

I am using a mod that changes all the icons of the factions to more ornate ones.
I am using all the vampire mods on the 1d4chan mod list. So mousillon becomes a different faction with mutants fallen damsels and spirit ghots. At the same time Templehof is ordo draconis and they are basically Blood Angels in fantasy and play like space marines in terms of their faction feel. small groups of extremely elite unbreakable undead champions that can go toe to toe with grail knights and chaos chosen is a fun way to play the undead.
Finally I am using a conquer anywhere mod to see how it functions. The orcs snowballed and destroyed louen. Now mousillon declared war on the orcs and took over northern bretonnia. Estalia and southern bretonnia got overrun by beastmen and is now part of greater Athel loren.

Bretonnia is now engaged in a civil war against the undead with the orcs holding on to castle artois. I am sending an army to support the bretonnians who are now my allies. Chaos is invading from the north and the norscans are on the backfoot because the combined might of kislev and kraka drak has stalemated them.
Orion is leading an army to keep chaos at bay.
This is my realm now. I am using house rules to keep myself in check.
They won't.

I want a Napoleon mini campaign set in the Border Princes. Choose a race, a starting location, and a set of traits to base your Prince on and then fuck everyone over because why not.

It's not quite fitting with the lore, but that doesn't really explain the thing about Mousilion. Could've shrunk down the Empire and squeezed room in Bretonnia for all the dukedoms, but I can understand why they didn't do that on some level.

Anyone got a scan of the old Monstrous Arcanum? I'll be damned if I'm dealing with scribd and their fucked up shitty version.

Should I be speccing Louen as a buff type lord, or more of a "1v1 me fgt" combat monster?

you should be playing as the empire.
Beaquis + hp pool make him a pretty good 1v1 lord. Spend rest on knight buffs.

Am I the only one who is pissed off that whenever I go to search so.ething Warhammer related nothing but Total War comes up? Like right now I am searching for Empire tacticd but every page is TW:WH so I am stuck to here and 1d4cha. Grrrr.

Pretty buff but couldn't take on more than a few dozen at a time. But 1v1 me fggt is where he truly shines.

Do you mean Old World Bestiary?
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ!JVw20QKC

yes.
now kys.

You mean in T:WW? I tend to go a little bit of both - he's not indestructible or anything, but he's unbreakable and heals over time, and can be very useful in supporting a charge or a line of infantry's defense. Most of the Bretonnian buffs are generally useful as well, so it's almost criminal not to focus on them a little.

Swords of Chaos vs The Immortalz

The Swords win by virtue of being super heavy cavalry.

buy my mixtape

I've never managed to use Foot Squires well - which is weird, since Greatswords don't seem all that difficult to use themselves.

That's such a retarded NPC thing to say.

It isn't retarded, it's desperate. Fitting with Tilea trying desperately to be relevant.

I don't think many people start a conversation with 'I'm not X but...'

'Hey you should go out with me, I'm not as cool as your last boyfriend David but my dick is about the same length.'

Tilea and Estalia are weird. Especially after the Chaos invasion they seem to get a lot more active. Oftentimes in my games Tilea takes over the Border Princes; Estalia has an annoying habit of taking Brionne if it gets left in ruins for any reason, and then going up to take chunks of what was once the Empire. I almost always eventually declare war on them half because of that.

He's back baby!

Is this artwork for Age of Crud?

Holy shit!
humblebundle.com/books/warhammer-rpg-books

It is not, no.

For one thing, the main colours in the human troops are red and white, which was the Empire's thing. Second, the two beasties in the foreground are demigryphs, which AoS doesn't have. Neither the Griffin seen in the background, which actually looks to be Karl Franz and Deathclaw.

Thirdly, there's not a single Sigmarine in sight.