/40krpg/ 40k Roleplay General

"Learn to love Phosphex" edition

For all your questions on Dark Heresy (1st and 2nd Editions), Rogue Trader, Deathwatch, Black Crusade, and Only War.
Not the wargame, not Chapter Master, not Space Hulk. Inquisitor is okay, but not many people know about it.

Not sure between starting Dark Heresy 1e and 2e? Pick 2e.

>Who's making the new 40k RPGs?
ulisses-us.com/in-development-wrath-glory-for-warhammer-40000-roleplay/
Ulisses-Spiel, very well known in Germany. It's set post Gathering Storm, uses a Shadowrun-esque D6 dice pool, and is a unified line with Marines, Humans, and Xenos all playable in the core book.

Book Repositories (If you're planning to download any Rogue Trader materials, read the .txt file in the RT directory)
mega.nz/#F!Pl0UgbJa!vDtTXMKnvZ26fUbuw4X9tg

There is a new Homebrew Megafolder option in above MEGA directory containing several things.

40K RPG tools, a site that contains stats or references for almost all weapons, armor and NPCs/adversaries. Not updated past DH2 core.
40krpgtools.com/

40k RPG Combined Armory (v6.48.161023), containing every piece of gear in all five lines. Now includes all DH2e books.
mediafire.com/folder/i3akv9qx9q05z

The Good, the Bad, and the Alpha Legion (v1.1.2) (Total Conversion Deathwatch into the Horus Heresy)
mediafire.com/file/25l7bq3xcqczm81

Mars Needs Women! (v1.3.5) (Mechanicus Skitarii and Taghmata for Only War)
mediafire.com/file/5klpqgbo2hp5dam

Fear and Loathing in the Eastern Fringe (V1.6.4) (Playable Xenos for Rogue Trader)
mediafire.com/download/fjhddohpscx1d7x

The Fringe is Yours! (v1.8.16) (More Xenos, Knights, and Horus Heresy gear for Rogue Trader)
mediafire.com/file/cu99mwnw75sw9y9

Prev: What's your support crew like? Are there any friendly faces you can count on for assistance or at your home base / ship?

Other urls found in this thread:

wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Astropath
wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Navigator
wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Sanctioned_Psyker
mediafire.com/file/bkh1982f96mzs9v
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Since I came in after the last thread hit bump limit:

Hey /40krpg/ need some tips. We just finished our first mission in Deathwatch and my character, a Rune Priest ending up getting schwacked by an Alpha Legion seeker just before mission end, our apothecary managed to get my progenoid though. I'm rolling up an Iron Hands techmarine this time and I'm looking for some advice and what talents and such to pick where I get how much XP I have to spend. Stats:
>42 WS
>50 BS
>52 STR
>45 T
>47 INT
>48 PER
>46 WP
>35 FEL

See Basically get cybernetics, max toughness, and then laugh as you become mobile cover for the rest of the kiltleam.

>What's your support crew like? Are there any friendly faces you can count on for assistance or at your home base / ship?
I mean, our ship is a strange, soul-eating, pre-fall Eldar ship that really just needs the command crew to function. We keep people around as emergency power, boarding repellant and ground ops, really. haven't really established any notable NPCs there yet.

Gotcha, thanks, and I always forget about agility, haha, it's 41. I was also going to take Omnissah's Calling to get Talented (techuse) and get an exceptional bionic of choice.

Rules question regarding first edition Dark Heresy... Well it's for Adeptus Evangelion 2.5 but it's supposed to use the same rules so sue me for asking it here.
In AdEva 2.5, there's this sentence that says "A body part only takes critical damage if that specific body part has already lost all wounds."

So do different body parts have separate wound pools?

I always lived (and played) with the idea that a player has a single pool of wounds and damage is substracted from that total. Once that total is reduced to under zero, you start to take critical damage.
This would mean that if you took, say, 9 damage out of 10 wounds on your left leg, you would be hurt, but since you still have 1 wound left from your total you would effectively be left unscathed.
If you were to take 2 damage after that to your right arm you would be at -1 wounds, thus you would roll a critical effect on your arm.
In other words: It's not the size of the hit nor the place of the hit but rather WHEN you take the hit that determines wether or not you will be fucked up.

That kind of conclusion sounds a bit silly but not more silly than going all "Oh no, my left leg is almost busted. Better start tanking hits with my other body parts!"

Separate wound pools for body parts are specifically an AdEva invention, and it applies to evas only.
So no, you were playing right all along.

Oh thank the Emperor. I thought I was going crazy.

I'd skip Omnissiah's Calling, personally. You only get one Deed, and while cybernetics are nice, if your GM isn't stingy with Requisition you can rack them up pretty fast taking one every mission or two - there aren't many in Deathwatch, though once you hit Forgemaster I suggest petitioning your GM to let you grab mechadendrites from other gamelines if you want some more flavor to your servoharness. You can get Talented (Tech Use) down the line from Forgemaster for 500xp; if you don't expect the campaign to last then may as well go for Omnissiah's Calling for immediate payoff, but I'd grab something that grants you stuff you can't get any other way and boost Tech Use early on by just buying Intelligence advances. Battle Damage is always a FANTASTIC Deed; for 300xp you get any single Armour History of your choice, even if it's from a table you already rolled on. Agility is the god stat that governs Dodge, Initiative, and Movement but which Techmarines pay through the nose for, and you can get +5 to it and +1 to Initiative for a piddly 300xp. You could also snag an extra Fate Point, a point of the Fear trait, or +5 to BS and WS alike at the cost of a Command penalty - on a Techmarine, who isn't very personable to begin with. Look over the Deeds and Armour Histories.
What pattern armour did you roll? Corvus is the best with +10 to Agility and two Histories, but Maximus' 3 Histories make it pretty fantastic too despite the reduced protection even if its Fellowship bonus most likely won't matter on an Iron Hands Techmarine. Also, what Histories? They can fundamentally change how your character works, like Bring Death from Afar encouraging shooting on the move, so building around them can be a good idea. If you haven't rolled for them yet, I strongly suggest reading the tables carefully and choosing which to roll on before buying your Deed so if there's a particular History you'd like, you can pick it up with Battle Damage.

What is the most heretical thing you have done / seen?

This morning's Deathwatch session. One of my Battle-Brothers gave a rough summary of it towards the end of last thread.
I have seen worlds consumed by the writhing flesh of the damned and stars bathed in unholy energies that drain their essence to unimaginably foul entities' service, but the desecration of Astartes remains and equipment is a special kind of heresy.

in game?[deathwatch]
once threw a a tech priest into a weird necron spire thing to see if it would kill him.he disobeyed my order to inspect it closer.DM dident even make me roll for it.

Thinking about rolling a voidmaster but I can't think of any neat concepts for one. I realize there's only so much crunch creativity you can have but I can't even think of something that isn't generic navyman or piratedude

I made two Dark Eldar hold hands.

hot

Not counting all the countless acts of chaos that Lord Doomfist has committed in the name of Khorne I would would say it would be Claus detonating an Atomic on Scintilla in order to frame his associate Tech-Priest and his followers as a terrorist cult of hereteks.

That and maybe murdering an interrogator because his lord is a rival to Claus' inquisitor and may be catching on to the fact he just detonated an Atomic on Scintilla.

Inquisitor Navar was not pleased by that

I unironically love the new Primaris models.

>play nids
>chad gaunts never
>just more body horror

Now I'm not 100% sure how long our game will go on, as not everyone seems into it. But I did go with Omnissiah's Calling, I did choose Corvus armor but I wasn't aware I get two histories. I chose the strength be legend.

I once saw a Plague Marine release a virulent epidemic aboard a Slaanesh vessel, before accidentally possessing a few thousand armsmen with Plaguebearers, himself becoming possessed by a Great Unclean One.

Papa Nurgle was VERY happy that day.

YOU SICK FUCK
I made a Voidsman once. A lean man in a skintight leather bodysuit with racing stripes, arrogant fighter ace who spends most of his time lounging around charming women with his good looks and embellished war stories.
You can do a lot with it besides "generic armsman ascended through the ranks," "generic navy officer," or "pirate." Hell, he could be a voidcraft salvage expert; maybe he ended up stranded and the RT recognized his skills and hired him rather than gunning him down over salvage rights.
Armour patterns are in Rites of Battle. Each has different stats; Corvus, aside from being fuckawesome beakie gear, gives you two Histories (RAW, these must be rolled on separate tables - RoB adds three more tables, and you may choose which to roll on) and +10 to Agility, aka +1 to Initiative and Movement and +10 to Dodge, which is amazing even without going into having more histories than Aquila and Errant patterns do and makes it hands-down the best armour at doing armour's job of keeping you alive & unhurt. If your GM is letting you choose histories, though, then you've got fun times ahead, but I'd skip Thy Strength Be Legend - it's basically +10 Strength not subject to your Unnatural bonus, and you have a servoarm for STRONK times that has better Strength than you and still gets your Unnatural multiplier applied to its base Strength of 75 for SB14. I strongly recommend taking Histories that will do things you can't get otherwise; Last Survivor gives you an extra Fate point, or A Hero's Shame gives +5 accuracy and -5 Command. There's 40 different Histories across the four tables; if you're allowed to choose instead of rolling, choose carefully, with a mind to both fluff and how your Techmarine feels about his armour's storied past and crunch with how it improves your build.

How heretical is phosphex

Exterminatus-ed a Shrine World on a holiday dedicated to a saint interred within a sacred crypt on that very same Shrine World (after looting the crypt and stealing his skull, an arm, and his gear).

>We were sent to oversee negotiations between Captain Vibius' RT friend and a RT considered overly friendly to the Tau.
>He showed up in his flagship instead of the light frigate he agreed to come in.
>His officers blatantly carried pulse pistols, though that's somewhat acceptable for RT personnel.
>He had an honour guard of robots clad in Astartes Power Armour and containing self-destruct meltabombs at the negotiations.
>He had a lift PILED HIGH WITH DETPACKS in the hidden elevatus shaft from the meeting room after we went apeshit on his false Marines.
>Then he started throwing more Robotstartes at us, and then spammed Tau gun drones.
>Then he tried to vent an entire deck to space by blowing up bulkheads to get rid of us, but we burned & drilled through its reinforced ceramite ceiling into the top decks, and smashed our way out of officer's quarters to find A MEDBAY FILLED WITH THE BUTCHERED CORPSES OF OVER A DOZEN ASTARTES, SOME STILL WARM, ALL WITH THEIR PROGENOIDS EXPERTLY EXTRACTED AND THEIR ARMOUR PILED IN THE CORNER

Some guy botched his psyker roll really badly and summoned a greater daemon.

Were they all deathwatch marines, marines from a single chapter, or a mix?

Players were all Deathwatch marines from different chapters.
As for the victims there were a few unmarked pauldrons, two Deathwatch ones and others from different chapters

I would imagine that would put the RT on the shitlist of every loyalist astartes chaper and being declared excommunicate traitoris at the very least.

How do I get my friend who isn't into scifi to try this Veeky Forums?
The rest of my group is open to pretty much everything but he REFUSES to play anything but DnD 5e.

Kill him

No

You are now tasked with coming up with an interesting background for a new character.

ReadySetGo.

Based on personal experience, Dawn of War 1, the prologue parade of Lord Inquisitor, a Deathwing gameplay video with an explanation of what was going on, and even gifting the new introduction book from GW which comes with a easy to build Primaris marine worked every time with an equal number of friends.
You may try to use all of this on your friend.

That sounds like a legitimate plan

Three villains have been party member relatives

adepta sororita who became a slaneesh devout
her fetish is rape and tentacles

There's always one of you, uh.

>Corvus, aside from being fuckawesome beakie gear, gives you two Histories
I can't actually find this anywhere.

Wait, is that what "Rolls on History Tables" means on page 151?

Is "a veteran guard, in his 30s, who served in a Sentinel squad and after a successful campaign against a Tau expansion sphere, capted the attention of an Inquisitor who wanted him as a bodyguard" too over the top?
Also, do we have any stat for Sentinels in Dark Heresy?

I don't believe so, but you could probably recycle from OW

it's far too modest actually

what's so special about him?

My priest has 60 corruprion, 40 insanity, two mutations and blaming others for being spoiled psychos with no love for Emperor and questionable life styles.

Enemies Without. They're civilian models compared to the OW version.

Great , will talk to GM, thanks.
Not much. I was thinking he would catch an inquisitor attention with a glint show of intelligence. Maybe during his time in the sentinel squad he studied the T'au culture, lenguage, equipment and vehicles and wrote about it for his squad as intel. They were given not much briefing about the enemy but he tried to solve the shortcomings for ensure more survival, not just to brag about knowing to much of the xeno.
Also he hates them and humans who fell for them.

And this what I came up to right now. I thought it was too much because of other reasons, I didn't want to play the oc donutsteel of the group, is my first time playing DH and I only know one guy of the team from playing 40k.

Tell me about your games

no, tell me about YOUR game because this is super rad

My players included an Ultramarine Squad leader who would not stop talking about the codex until shit got real and he got even realer, a Blood Angel scout who got head hunted into the Deathwatch right after he got his final implant, a really tired and bitter Space Wolf Long Fang, a Dark Angel who was a native american brave but also a monk but also a knight who loved shitting on everyone, and a Black Templar who loved two things: killing shit and spreading the word of lord and savior the God Emperor.

Shit hit the fan when they were sent to retrieve an Inquisitor from a city under heavy Tyranid attack and they found a small family who begged to be saved. Everyone but the BT was willing to ditch them because lol who gives a fuck about civilians. The BT, on the other hand, said it was their job to save humanity and they did that by saving humans. Over the course of the next couple sessions trying to escape the city the family got whittled down until it was just a little girl, the space wolf lost his shit when a gaunt horde looked like they were going to kill her. Keep in mind that he fucking hated the idea of bringing along the civilians more than anyone else including the the Inquisitor.

So I'm looking at creating a Only War Character for the first time.
Is there anything I should keep in mind as a new player?

Your primary purpose is to kill the enemy.

Ballistic Skill, Toughness and Agility (Dodge in particular) are the only things you need. Everything else is a dump stat, unless you're making a melee character (don't do without Unnatural Strength) or a psyker, which need Strength or Willpower respectively in addition to the rest.

Spend early requisitions on grenades and don't stop using them.

I'm making a 2e DH character - first time. Concept is a Guardman, but more the "get you a case of amasec for a pair of web grenades" wheeler-dealer backroom guy. Any tips? Character creation looks pretty opaque.

That's entirely a valid archetype. There's a talent for increasing your logistical rating representing your ability to trade for stuff like that.

Does niche protection fuck me over?
DM is using the "choose world, background, role" thing and not point buy.

That is the standard way to make characters.

Oh boy. Are the worlds balanced? From a glance there are trick choices in the roles. Guardsman lets you pick between fieldcraft (about 8 skills) and leadership (one terrible skill).

To an extent. The three splat books all expand on character creation options.

Bored at work, doodled my party in DH

Dizzy is a frontier world guardsman, talks like a cowboy and shoots good. Has a reputation for squirreling away weapons.

Bea is a humble ecclesiarchal functionary. She's known for questioning the mission sometimes. Her first inquisitorial outing she punched through a man's skull withher bare hands

Auto is our techpriest. He is often miserable, being our smart guy and resident chew toy. May be committing tech-heresy right now

Thorin is our leader, a sanctioned psyker. He picks up the slack. Duelist, chirugeon, whatever. He does it

Matthew is scum. Our investigator is quite mercenary, looking out for number one. Has party record for most friendly fire incidents

There. I wanted to do some of the former members too, but these things take much more time than I thought

All this and throwing in Inquisition/Space Marine/War politics is what makes the ultimate Deathwatch Campaign...

That and maybe a Tau commander who acts like an anime hot-blooded hero.

As for the rest of the team, the smurf was pretty ok with the mortals once the BT put his feet in the dirt and helped convinced the team to go with what the BT said. During the mission he talked to the kids in their down time about their civic duties as well as the teachings of Gulliman. As the family began getting picked off it got to the point that the little kid he wanted to send back to Ultramar for gene testing died. He swore vengeance in this life or the next upon the entire swarm.

The Blood Angel was 19, still going through hypno therapy for his training, and so very human. Was a giant goof to the family even as the teenage daughter not to subtly flirted with him. He ended up doing a lot of scouting duty and acting as overwatch so people could move safely under fire. Never once lost his shit to the red thirst too.

The Dark Angel gave no shit about the mortals the entire time, but did protect them because honor demanded it. Lost count of how many knife kills he got because honor demanded he scalp a mother fucker, even if the scalping victim was a god damn lictor.

this is pretty cool, especially interesting to see almost-human BA, that's a very cool concept.

I plan on starting up a Black Crusade campaign for a group of my friends. I know I'm going to have them do Hand of Corruption, but I don't want to get into that immediately. How should I lead into it?

Please tell me the Space Wolf died while holding the little girl's hand.
>Old man dies. Little girl lives. Fair Trade.

Also, that Dark Angel sounds cool as shit.

I'm doing Black Crusade right now. The players were on their way to forge an alliance with a champion of Khorn who commands an army of killbots, when things got real. The melee-oriented psyker who pushed his powers every single time he used them finally had it catch up with him, and wound up possessed by a goddamn Bloodthirster. I had to pretty much call the session there, as the other player is now effectively serving a greater demon that's wearing his pal's old body.

Only two sessions in, here's the party so far:
>Mitsuyoshi the chainsword wielding samurai assassin. Humorously macho and dramatic
>Adam the sniper assassin, shoots hostages
>Nilrem the sanctioned psyker, pic related. Twitchy and likely a drug addict
>Techpriest chucklefuck #1 (not a robot)
>Techpriest chucklefuck #2 (party healslut)

also for unrelated reasons, is romancing a fellow acolyte heresy?

So in the last thread I had some questions and ideas about different Radical Inquisitors to make my players investigate, so I guess I'll ask here: What's a good background for an Oblationist? What would motivate a character to go that route?

Found a problem in Mars Needs Women

The secutarii kyropatris generator says it rerolls dodge results of up to zero degrees of success. Only War doesn't have zero degrees anymore, it starts at 1 degree of success

i dont understand imperial psykers
arent they allowed only to communications and warp navigation?
what use could they have in combat?

wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Astropath
wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Navigator
wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Sanctioned_Psyker

Are you implying that that's not extremely fitting to Black Crusade? You're not one of those autists that thinks that Slaanesh isn't extremely lewd, right?

Detecting warp demons, psychic meat shield, etc.

"political" in my campaign boils down to "I'll kill him if he keeps asking too many stupid questions"

You're not one of those autists that think Slaanesh is all about being lewd, right?

>:^)

>willpower is a dump stat
user, play the game before you tell others how to do it.

Stop treating DH2e like it's 3.PF, user, you don't need to worry about optimizing yourself lest you be completely useless.

Fear is too niche to invest into and doesn't come up all the time like Agility and BS do, and even if you max it out your odds of success are rarely going to be higher than 1/2, and that's for a shitton of experience. Only do it when you have literally nothing else to spend experience on.

My Dark Heresy party is a wreck of well-meaning heretics.

> Heronicus who is our Prime and a techpriest, has to come up with increasingly Machiavellian plans to keep our party from getting blammed and keep people from finding out he's working for the logicians

>Quintes, A Null Assassin who is a complete sociopath but also absolutely loyal to his superiors and follows the techpriest like a lost dog. Wouldn't hesitate to kill the entire party if he knew they were all heretics.

> Finn, The mindcleansed psyker who has most of her memories wiped and functions as a automated informant of our party to our boss due to braintampering. recently re-cleansed due to a encounter with a tau-aligned spyker who seemed to know her. Super easy to befriend.

>Uriah, Also a psyker, has been haunted by several deamons, been getto-exorcised and had his family and arm blown up on seperate occations, he seems to be the most unlucky person in the sector.

>Shanaka (Me) Our cleric whom is a ex-cult leader which was taken into service of the inquisition after they servitor-ed all her cult-members, recently found her escaped second in command (and best friend) and even more recently found out that one was the one that turned her cult super heretic and betrayed the current group mid-mission.

We also had a few one-shot geust characters and our assasin's former character was basically the punisher as a guardsman who (for now) escaped the inquisition after his adopted-by-crime stopping spree-proxy daughter was a psyker and his wish to retire with our interrogator's help.

Our interrogator is a untouchable which unnerves our psykers and our inquisitor brings progressivly heavy weapons to treaten us with to our de-briefings.. but we are on her good side.. for now.

Fear may be scarce, Suppression less so, especially in OW

Suppression leaves you with even worse odds of success at max investment with average stats, because the modifiers for the pinning test are usually -10 to -20. It's just not worth sinking experience into while you still have better things to spend it on.

>Fear is too niche to invest into
You sound like one of those guys that think that acrobatics and Leap Up are a waste of time.
Fear can and will kill you by crippling you in the face of foes before your Agility and BS can do a damn thing for you.
This isn't getting into how many things can call for a willpower check, besides fear/suppression tests. Enemy psykers, man. Like I said, play the game, you sound like you played 2 sessions and theorycrafted the rest of your characters.

But I'm telling you that even with max investment, your odds of success are shit, therefore it's not worth investing into. Are you going to argue that point, or are you going to keep ignoring it?

You are saying that since you can't assure success in something that rapidly scales up in threat based on how hard you fail, that it isn't worthwhile to look in to.
I'd like to see how far that takes you the moment the GM makes you take a fear test because Xeno (most of whom have a fear rating), you fail and either bug out, go catatonic, or flee in a random direction to be cut down by fire because you left cover.
Like I said, you are trying to mathhammer; you are doing it objectively wrong.

Yes, I'm saying that it's not worth it because even with max investment you're extremely likely to get affected anyway. You're not rolling fear every fight, let alone every round like you do with BS and Agility, so it's not worth putting experience into WP before you're done with those.

If Fear had a skill to work off of, like Psykers get a special skill for their powers, it'd be worth investing into because the gains would be meaningful. But a raw attribute check? It's just not going to make a difference without absurd starting stats and similarly absurd experience expenses.

>my mathhammer declares this, it must be true!
Have you taken in the fact that your repeated failures at fear and corruption tests absolutely eliminate your character from the game?

Have you not thought about how many non-combat fear checks you need to fail by 3 degrees of failure before insanity becomes a problem? Yes, you don't get insanity from failing Fear in combat. So even if you get the max amount of insanity out of every failure (roll a 5 on a 1d5 every single time), you'll need to fail 20 of them by 3 degrees of failure or more to be eliminated from the game. You are delusional if you believe that this will ever come up.

Like, before you type out another furious post calling me a mathematician or some shit, use your head for just a minute.

>you need to fail by 3 degrees of failure before insanity becomes a problem?
Ignoring the fear results that give you insanity points, entirely eliminate you from being able to defend yourself in combat, or can even kill you outright.
Do fear checks not come up in the games you have been in? Do you expect the lifespan of a character to be so short that looking into long term survival and viability doesn't matter to you?
I am disputing your outrageous advice to ignore willpower, when those failed willpower tests put you at the mercy of psykers and worse, rapidly escalate the march to inescapable character death (or faster, fail a malignancy/mutation test and watch the commissar have a few words for you), and cost you considerably in regular play by taking you out of action when you are needed.
No, fear checks are not omnipresent, but they can be crippling in ways a failed BS or Dodge check could not hope to be, and yes, there are degrees of failure (heh) attached to the roll. Failing by 1 or 2 dof and rolling the shock table with a +10 is a far cry from rolling on the shock table at a +30 or 40, which will guarantee you either passing out, shooting your comrades, or being unable to take any action at all.

>Ignoring the fear results that give you insanity points
None of them do.

The problem with the rest of your post is that it clearly assumes that Willpower investment is a guarantee of success on Fear checks, which it is not. In fact, it's the opposite of that - it's a marginal increase to your odds even with max investment. Which is what I've been saying, and you've been vehemently denying without any cause. You're spending too much for too little. Realistically and practically speaking, it's not going to be worth your money.

All in all, no matter how much you fume and moan about it, Willpower just isn't worth investing into for the sole purpose of Fear checks or succeeding on raw Willpower checks for other situational shit, and I would appreciate if you didn't trick new players into thinking otherwise. If Suppression is a concern, which can actually come up with some frequency depending on the type of enemy you're facing, get Nerves of Steel. It has literally no prerequisites. I'm hesitant to recommend Fearless because its downside basically relies on GM interpretation and can get pretty obnoxious in the worst cases, but that's still a much better solution to Fear than investing into the one trick pony stat that is Willpower.

No, I'm assuming that investing in WP increases your odds against absolutely crippling circumstances.
Imo, every character should get their WP to at least 40, and from there use talents to bolster their odds. I also believe every pc should have the Big 5 Skills at least trained, and tech use besides.
That's my long experience with nearly all the game lines if you want a character to survive and succeed. You can have your opinion, and user asked for them. I offered mine, you disagree, and there is no real compromise to be had here because you vouch to disregard willpower, while I say it's not a priority, but something to be kept in mind. I'd push for at least a 30 at chargen.
Now I'm leaving this argument, it's run it's course, as should you.

Just finished with session zero for a campaign in the Karybdis Abyss. From top to bottom.

>Captain Valerus Cyprian Flavius Aphelion Morgan IV: High minded idealist that plans to usurp his way to the top of the dynasty because he thinks his dad (Captain-Solar Antonios Bastian Roboute Morgan III, the dynast) is a tyrant. Does not have much of a plan (yet) how to do it beyond swashbuckling.
>Master of the Ship Larkin Whoreson: Former void-whaler and smuggler that's 90% tall tales and swear words. Most of the (contradictory) tall tales revolve around how he got his bionic peg leg. Has a large collection of bionic peg legs because he constantly misplaces and/or gambles them away.
>Dragon Prince(ss) Idalia / Scylla (nom de guerre): Daughter of the Queen of Icenhof and exiled Dragon Prince(ss). Became exiled because she fed a suitor to her dragon in a fit of bashful embarrassment and as punishment was exiled until she has regained her honor or died in glorious battle to regain her place in Space Valhalla. Rides a space dragon in power armor and belongs on a power metal album cover.

Together, these three plan to take over the Morgan Dynasty having but a single cruiser and a measly 15 PF and somehow be pulp heroes. First adventure I'm having them run through to introduce the region and campaign is centred around acquiring a macguffin that's allegedly connected to a place called the Vault of Hades (Not!Treasure Planet), while a Wild Hunt themed Corsair Prince and any other captain of ambition and repute is also out for it. Will turn out the macguffin actually was a map and to a Necron Tomb World, which will of course be awakened when everyone realises that its not the Vault of Hades.

I suspect some shivers will be fucking timbered after that.

>No, I'm assuming that investing in WP increases your odds against absolutely crippling circumstances.
It does so extremely marginally and it's not worth the cost of doing so. That's my whole point. You're spending too much for practically nothing. You have said nothing to prove this wrong. "It might help once in a blue moon" doesn't make it worthwhile when the chances of it actually helping are miniscule.

>muh opinions
I'm trying to be objective by backing my points with actual facts, and you're deflecting them with raw opinions, anecdotes, paranoia and feelings. Don't bother replying unless you have a point worth considering.

>keeps arguing, tries to bait
Have a good night, user.

So im running BC specifically the Hand of Corruption campaign. Anyone have any advice on it, I've read about half way through it. I heard it was tough on the 3rd act cause of Necrons.

What kind of party?

This is the important question right here. A party of marines might have combat capability to fight it out. A group of humans on the other hand, probably won't.

I fix, one moment

Fixed now, as well as a couple other things

Mars Needs Women! (v1.3.7)
mediafire.com/file/bkh1982f96mzs9v

Changelog
-Typo fix in Servo-Automata Entry
-Kyropatris Field Generators Degrees of Failure fixed, now triggers of 1 or more Degrees of Failure rather than 0 or more.
-Kataphron Battle Servitors have an extra wound state now, Healthy, Lightly Wounded, Heavily Wounded, and Ded, mirroring the original "Praetorian" frame they were built from.

I know that the ultramarines chapter master has a backpack ammo supply that feeds to two weapons, but are there any examples of other users of such? I'm just wondering if double-feed backpack ammo supplies will have to be custom jobs or not.

You're thinking navigators and astropaths. The Imperial Guard often makes use of sanctioned psykers to HURL BOLTS OF LIGHTNING AT THE FOE, and Astropaths' telepathic abilities can be very useful to dilomats who wish to outmaneuver their opponents.

>I'm just wondering if double-feed backpack ammo supplies will have to be custom jobs or not.
yep, that's a unique thing