Warhammer 40.000 General /40kg/

Last Old school edition

>Daily Duncan
youtube.com/watch?v=asu5OuAckIE

>GW FAQ (1.1):
games-workshop.com/en-US/Rules-Errata

>FW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/15/new-and-updated-forge-world-faqs-july16gw-homepage-post-2/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Thanks Chart-user!)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

>Death Guard codex (thank you Vladimir)
>Epub
mega.nz/#!9hkg0LgL!_Y53qiTD0VDA641V4NBQtnZ8hTGLA_VE-CkTPh9YQzE
>PDF
mega.nz/#!p0tzAIya!DEVmw60_jOLXCdvWqoKBDx8_BW-wxbV6KD4CpB5WbvY

Other urls found in this thread:

games-workshop.com/en-US/Warhammer-40000-dark-imperium-eng-2017
games-workshop.com/en-US/40k-know-no-fear-2017-ENG
games-workshop.com/en-US/40k-first-strike-2017-ENG
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Orkz
>In power armour

Nobz?

Iskander Khayon?

More like Iskander Not-canon!

first for the durp

>Faux-Cyrillic

How would you build a Blood Ravens army around FW's Gabriel Angelos? Looking for hints and suggestions to improve my army more than just throwing all the Primaris Marines I got from two Dark Imperium sets along with Gabriel Angelos at my opponent.

Do expect Elder, IG or Tyranids to get anything new in their release?

>tfw AM codex sucks

Did they not want me to spend a bunch of money on a fun new army?

We don't know yet.

Post stats.

I'm aware, user. I'm asking if you expect one of them to get something new. It doesn't seem likely, as far as i can tell.

OI
AdMech Codex in the Mega when?
Also, do the shops always have the English version of the Codex?

Well no, would be the answer right now. But we don't know anything beyond that they are getting codexes yet.

They want you to buy space marines or evil space marines.
Everything else is just lip service.

I don't think the codices we're getting atm are proper releases, they're just trying to get stuff pumped out so people have to buy another book on top of the index.

Here ya go.

Stratagems continue to have a couple recycled from 7ths formations.
Any guesses/hopes for which of your army's 7th formation rules gets pulled forward?

when it's actually released next week

I'll try one last time. What's stopping my opponent from killing my Pulse accelerator drone turn 1? Feels like a waste of points if the range increase never goes into effect before it is gone.

Deepstrike him with some other assault units, like SS/TH termies and assault squads, i guess?

Any ideas for AdMech lists yet?
Must haves for mine, regardless of FW:

- at least 3 dragoons in a unit
- still onagers
- 2 batallions for CP

I'm not sold on ryza yet, plasmaphrons are buffed, yes, but the random shots plus 4+ to hit are not too good..

Any more ideas? I don't own any electropriests, but they look good.

You hiding it behind terrain

Riptide Wing :^)

Fair point, but other than that it will get sniped as soon as someone has LoS I feel.

>Chaos Lord is equivalent Captain
>Exalted Champion is equivalent Lieutenant
>Sorcerer is equivalent Librarian
>Dark Apostle is equivalent Chaplain
>Abaddon is equivalent named Chapter Master
>Chaos doesn't get a Chapter Master equivalent
>only Black Legion can get the CM equivalent
>other named HQ are all basically named Chaos Lords
>except Huron being a named psychic Chaos Lord
>and Fabius the only Chaos Apothecary
I just want to make my dudes /my dudes/
I guess there's the Daemon Prince but that's a bit different.

Whoa, user. Let's not go using actual game experience to make listbuilding decisions, that would be crazy. The mathhammer says the pulse accelerator drone is great, and that's what matters after all.

Play a game that doesn't reward one player for going first. stop playing on a flat table with no terrain

Well of course shit will die in your army
Expect nothing else

Because loyalists totally have named apothecaries too amirite

The more 'supportive' daemon primarchs may have full re-rolls, or at least you can hope

So terminator spam and pray for the best?

Brother Corbulo of the Blood Angels.

Whether or not he survived to the modern Dark Imperium in the current lore remains to be seen until their new Codex is released.

>using a special chapter character as an example
Comeon man you can do better than that. By that logic you should have named Ahriman as a named Chaos sorcerer too.

I'm looking at finally getting into the actual game after years of lurking around the fandom. Any advice on getting started (preferably on the cheap, at least for 40k)?

Loyalists get apothecaries.
Chaos gets Bill.
Bill doesn't even heal anyone but himself and buffs some of your dudes while killing others.
Maybe my dudes don't want Bill, maybe I want my own Chaos Apothecary who actually heals my dudes.
So far they haven't.
I guess Lorgar might if he ever gets rules.
I did just realise Chaos is supposed to be about individualism to counter the Imperium's rigid structure.
But then our individuals aren't that much stronger anyway unless you use named characters.
Is Daemon Prince supposed to be a Chapter Master equivalent? Giving up all rerolls for better stats and a psychic power?
Because Chaos Lords are the ones with the better Invul save.

Ahriman IS a named Chaos Sorcerer/Lord.
Because Thousand Sons don't work normally so everyone is kind of a psyker.

Chaos doesn't do the whole healing dudes thing. You have ex-apothecaries like Plague Surgeons and you have plenty of other units that buff your guys though.

>tons-of-eyes chaos spawn and a tzaangor-ish spawn using the bird head from the kit for my Thousand Sons/Tzeentch army
Do I do it?
Also, what are some good ideas for things to run as/convert into Tzeentch spawn? I have some ideas of my own like greenstuffing a giant screaming fire blob onto a base or running the Ogroid, but I'd love to see what you guys might think of.

What armies interest you?

>tfw waited a long time for Custodes
>got guardians in 40k
>no hqs
>terminators 30k only
>cool vehicles and dreads 30k only
>30k is going to get a constantin valdor mini before 40k gets a generic hq
feelsbadman
at least they'll look nice on my shelf

Death to the false emperor on mortarion's reaping scythe seems a little strong? Am I just reading it like a WAACfag or is he supposed to generate an additional three to hit rolls when dtfe triggers?

Take your pick.
games-workshop.com/en-US/Warhammer-40000-dark-imperium-eng-2017

games-workshop.com/en-US/40k-know-no-fear-2017-ENG

games-workshop.com/en-US/40k-first-strike-2017-ENG

We do actually do the healing thing, but it's limited to Warpsmith healing Vehicles.
Other than Chapter Master and Apothecary we've basically got the whole thing, but for those two specific units we have to use Fabulous Bill the Selfish or play Black Legion and take Abaddon.

There actually are Chaos apothecaries, they are just rare as no Legion really cares for helping the wounded. Either they are strong enough to survive or they die.

The Emperor's Children uses the most of them, and even then it's for flesh crafting and making noise marines, most of the time.

And now of course, Plague Surgeons are a thing.

pick an army, get a Start Collecting! box or if you're not sure what you want get one of the small boxes with like 3-5 guys for 5 moneys
then get tools and paints
make a wet pallet
tadah

Mainly IG and Tau. I prefer long-range combat.

Well yeah, my point is that Chaos doesn't really have as many guys that actually heal men rather than machines.
I wouldn't be surprised if EC get noise doctors or something like that though.

Why not just play 30k?

Both of them have good getting started sets. Buy one of those, plastic model paint, exacto knives, sanding sticks and other hobby supplies you might need and then get to it.

Man, GW has a real hard-on for Death Guard lately.

Pick the army you love, not the one with the best rules. "Start collecting" boxes are decent value for getting started, and most give you the core of a force (an HQ and some troops). Generally, don't buy direct from GW (though some stuff is only available like that) but instead buy from 3rd party stores, you'll normally get 20-25% off doing that. Oh, and avoid finecast if you can, it's just horrible.

Stygies, go full dragoon, get a few engineseers as HQ tax. Enjoy being the king of dickbags.

No shit, we're currently in the Death Guard release phase. They're the Crimson Slaughter of 6e/7e except people actually care about the Death Guard.

>gets one additional attack
>uses the reaping scythe profile
>3 hits instead of 1

Everything actually checks out.

1. game is more dead than whfb
2. marines vs marines vs marines vs custards vs marines
i'm here to slice and dice xenos dangit

They needed new models and it's a very easy villain choice to throw out there. People are probably feeling fatigued from all of the khorne releases during Age of Sigmar. Plus they've already done a huge Tzeentch release pre-8th.

As an Emperor's Children player I would love to represent Flesh Crafters on the battlefield.
I'm also considering putting Bill in my army but fuck him he doesn't even praise Slaanesh.
Also I want to be Emperor's Children not Emperor's Children + that guy that ditched us.
I don't want noise doctors, I want Flesh Crafters, Heretic Apothecaries obsessed with perfection of the form.
I like the noise theme, I like making things loud, and come the Chapter Approved "make your own land raider" rules I'm making a Sonic Land Raider if I can but sonic doctors just doesn't make sense.
Also at this point it's kind of beating a dead horse.

1. Says who?
2. Killing traitors is an honored pastime.

Well yeah, my point was just that EC will eventually get some sort of apoc equivalent that heals guys and does Bill style buffing. That's it.

I'd like that, but what's your basis for that?

1. says the fact that it isnt played anywhere near me. At all. Fantasy however still sees action
2. fair enough but point 1 stands.

I dunno, just based off of looking at what Death Guard got I guess. Generally it seems like all cult legions get their Primarch, updated cult marines, new cult terminators, some cult chaff unit and some special HQ/elite of some sort. And of course the herald character is updated.

I have a unit of sicarian infiltrators with flechettes and taser goads. I regularly face (more than half the games, that is) either smurfs or GKs, I was thinking of making another unit with power swords (that AP-3). what do you anons think? yay or nay? seeing how now there's a mars stratagem that offers the possibility of bajillion mortal wounds on 6s to wound...

Sounds good. Any recommendations for supplies other than Citadel stuff?

Man, I'm getting psyched for Thursday. Going into my first full scale game.

1000 Points each. 2 v 2. Forces are Blood Ravens (Mine), Death Guard (My Brother's), Tau (New 40k Player) and Blood Angels (Our Mentor). Teams will be randomized when we show up. Just need to come up with a list.

i use mostly army painter tools myself
also army painter's dark tone and strong tone washes are nice

>Lucius getting an update
Shit I hadn't considered that might happen I haven't finished painting the one I have.
It does look like all Cult Legions will get an update, but I feel bad for Undivided.
Also Tzeentch didn't get any Apothecary equivalents, unless they give him some new Vehicles and models but considering how much they're focused on Deathguard and the fact they already did a Thousand Sons release at the end of last edition probably not.

Reposting cause I didn't get replies and I need help.

I want to make a Dark Mechanicus army by proxying normal ad-mech stuff and using their rules. What unit, in the entirety of the Imperium, could cultists proxy as?

I've bought 100 of the little bastards so anything is possible.

Can anyone tell me if things are looking like only 0-1 FW allowed in tournaments?

I like Winsor & Newton brushes. Do not go cheap on your brushes, at all. Paints as well. You may want to play around with different ranges of paints Define ones you like. Some brands have better colors than others. Me personally I have a bunch of paints from Citadel P3 Vallejo and some of the Army painter stuff as well ( their ink washes are very nice.)

As far as glucose The Games Workshop plastic glue is pretty good but the metal syringe for it gets clogged up very easily. You can fix this by using a lighter on it near the tip but make sure to take it out of the glue container first.

Get tweezers. Seriously.

The colored primers from Games Workshop are mostly good but overpriced. If you know what base color you want your army to be it's probably worth picking up one of those. And make sure to follow the instructions on the back of the can for how far away you should be. Also take into consideration the weather conditions if you are priming outside.

I'm having a hard time thinking of anything else that could be relevant right away. Basically don't be cheap get good hobby supplies and feel free to play around. If you prime your models correctly and use thin coats of paint but decide later you don't like how you painted that model it's really easy to strip the paint off of it and there are tons of tutorials online for doing that.

Finally I would watch the painting tutorial videos on WarhammerTV. There's lots of really good stuff for beginners.

Do you not get an extra attack on the charge anymore?!

>teams will be randomised
Why?
I mean I get why you might but Tau are not fond of Imperium and are mostly ignorant of Chaos, Blood Ravens and Blood Angels wouldn't exactly side against each other with either of those options.
Other than that minor gripe because I'm a fluff nerd I hope you have fun.
Well since Cultists are the basic Renegade and Heretic unit and R&H are Chaos Guardsmen just ally in Guardsmen I guess.
Take a Lord Commissar and say he's a Lord Enforcer.

No

You get to strike first instead.

Tzeentch got cucked because GW didn't know how well he was going to sell, I think. Notice how all this cult legion stuff started out with a single supplementary codex to the main CSM book (Khorne Daemonkin), then you get a proper release (WoM), now you get a full blown massive spotlight release. I feel like GW was basically just trying to make sure that there was a customer base for this stuff. Although it does suck that TSons got cucked (again). But either way works for me, more traitors for my guys to kill.

How are Necrons doing until their codex comes out? Anything you would love to see the codex fix?

How do you feel the army is doing, are they balanced or need more tweaking?

Any units you swear by (other than the silver blob of Warriors/Immortals/Cryptek) or stay away from?

>just ally in Guardsmen I guess.
Huh, I don't know why i didn't think of that. Thanks user

I just had the most beautiful dream

>Noise Marines in plastic came out
>Mostly what you expect
>Sonic Blasters for everybody, 2 Blastmasters, Doomsiren
>But then, GW of course had to put some new weapons, because they fear otherwise their boxes won't sell well
>They put a Heavy Weapon Team of Noise Marines in the box
>2 Noise Marines holding this gargantuan noise cannon
>Glorious.jpg
>Then FW FAQ came out, and they said Sonic Dread can have it too. The twin Blasters are now the twin blastmasters they have in the rules, and the old dread blastmaster became this new thing
>Wake up happy

Oh, the way the guys at my flgs were reacting when I figured out the implications made me feel ashamed for preordering morty :(
Don't know how to break it to them that that's the way it works, how likely do you think it is to be faq'd?

conscripts, guardsmen
seems fairly obvious to me

The army is bland right now, lacks decent anti-tank and everything is overpriced thanks to the new reanimation protocols rules.

They just need their points to be dropped a bit across the board, maybe give them some interesting warlord traits and stratagems. I don't see any issues with most of their unit entries besides their price. They can do work but they're paying more than almost everyone else to do it.

How would you equip a team of Bloghtlord terminators? Combi bolter, plasma, flamer or melta?

Which melee weapon would you pick? Sword or axe?

Would you use any heavy weapons or flail?

>an unfortunate accident causes a small part of my exalted's crown-thing to chip, messing with symmetry and looks a tiny bit
>the changed appearance makes the crown's top look more like stylized fire and still looks nice

I can't help but worry they'll pull the spotlight away before getting to my Legion.
No problem, if your friends are fine with it you could go whole hog and actually use the Renegades & Heretics rules, they aren't amazing and are pretty underpowered by Forge World standards but they're literally Chaos Guardsmen.
I really hope that was a prophetic dream user.

You shouldn't have to "break it to them", it's incredibly straight forward.

The bigger tesla guns could use some AP so they can actually do some damage to vehicles.

That's what mega armour used to look like.

>try to start match
>right off the bat a legion of guardniggers with grenade launchers and comissars show up and destroy my base

Yeah that would be nice. I haven't noticed that myself because the people running around my stores are hordefags.

Always one flail and blight launcher, if I have the points the rest would have combi-plasmas, melee weapons would be axes.

Not sure if that's optimal but hey.

M8 look at the codex, they are clearly multipart

There's just little reason to use them over tesla immortals who can benefit from overlord buffs.

I had forgotten how well-spoken Gabriel was.

Play deathguard user! We get apothecarys and everything!

It always amazes me this hobby has WAACfags. It's fucking 40k, not MtG or a competative game.

I often wonder if they ever play something they enjoy.

Oh and we need the night scythe and monolith transport reworked so we can at least transport a squad and a character.

>I want to make /my dudes/
>play company made fluff instead
not even him but this is the worst advice why would you do this?

There's already talk of house ruling it so that's only an additional hit roll. These bunch are a but quick to hyperbolize when presented with something that is very strong. What's the usual timeline on an official faq?