Jumpchain CYOA Thread #1747: GO GO GO! Edition

>Google Drive
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1qb0_OLhDrDSmZpRWdZaGZRcWs?tid=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&authuser=0

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=#JumpchainCYOA
kiwiirc.com/client/ircrizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

Didn't you say that you were going to replace the slave drawback with a power loss one in the irc?
Also, does taking Apocalypse Day make all of the beasts invading come specifically towards you to kill you, or do they just come in your general direction and you're guaranteed to have to fight at least a few off?

Digger, some Double Cross questions, if you have time.

>All powers may be learnt through trial and error...
1. Would Ouroboros learn only their shadow powers or could they learn any unpurchased Primordial colors to copy other powers at a higher encroachment cost over time? If so can they learn new Primordial colors? I would assume that they can't, given the function of their capstone.

2. Can they learn the Eternal Evolution and Rulers Crown abilities?

3. I'm having trouble understanding Ruler's Crown. Does it essentially let you eventually develop all of the 100's and 200's for any Syndrome you have a Primordial power picked from, in addition to boosting the Primordial power? Or am I misunderstanding something?

I just realized if I took the Grand servant scenario I would have to kill Tiamat, it goes against my jumpers wish to try to save those like her. Couldn't find the pic of Tiamat going 'AAAAAA' while crying, so take this.

Forgot the pic.

Looking to go to some 'lonely' jumps before picking up any companions. What are good jumps where there isn't much in the way of interaction or the premise doesn't necessarily involve having a strong social life?

Hard mode: Don't say real life or the youtube jump.

The thing is we've seen Rogue Traders in the various novels that only have one ship that is often a freighter.

The jump is actually incorrect. The Terminals didn't create the Androids. Androids are purely human creations. YoRHa are still androids just ones that use machine cores as a base.

As for the lore you could use the wiki though it is a bit sparse in my opinion. I think reddit actually has a big lore collection that you could read.

So I know we've got a Generic Kaiju jump in the works or something but do we have any Godzilla specific stuff claimed? Specifically Shin Godzilla.

Look on the bright side. If you take the Beast scenario, you can take Tiamat as a companion. You just need to kill a few billion people.

>Look on the bright side. If you take the Beast scenario, you can take Tiamat as a companion. You just need to kill a few billion people.
Both sides of the scenario seem like no win situations for me. Found the pic.

>Godzilla specific stuff claimed? Specifically Shin Godzilla.

Not that we know of

There is a godzilla jump, though it's for the 1998 animated series, "Godzilla: The Series" and the movie from that time.

She has no arms!? Terrible waifu

What is but one world of creatures to hundreds, maybe thousands more?

How hard would doing A Grand Day Out be? How strong/hax are the beasts?

she has arms just covering her boobs

>Godzilla specific stuff claimed?
Besides the old American Cartoon, No.

>Specifically Shin Godzilla.
Definitely not.

>How strong/hax are the beasts?
Think multiple versions of the Beast of the Apocalypse appropriate to different Cultures all over the World.

They start at the levels of Goetia and Tiamat and Kiara and get stronger from there. Those three are some of the strongest, most bullshit guys in the Nasuverse so having another 5 Beasts that are worse is going to be rough.

>kill a few billion people
>mfw remember our magical anti-sonofabitch hula hoops going off in 40k

How'd an Aristotele stand up against them?

Didn't someone ask this very recently? It depends largely on the exact abilities of the Aristoteles and the exact abilities of the Beast. In terms of raw stats, a TYPE generally beats out a Beast, though Beasts can match or even exceed the power of TYPEs with their NPs. Beasts are also a lot more likely to have crazy conceptual bullshit compared to the TYPEs and crazy conditions to actually put them down, as well as possibly being smarter too.

For the most part it just depends on the match up though. I'd bet on Goetia vs most of the seen Aristoteles for example, while I'd say Tiamat would have a much harder time against them. That said, both sides will encounter the problem of how they're actually going to kill the opposing side, since TYPEs and at least one Beast don't have concepts of death.

Looked at the new Servant Supplement, and while I understand why I am disappointed that Imperial Privilege and Natural Born Genius are still on the banned skill list.

That means no Romulus, no Nero, no Da Vinci and no Tesla.

Couldn't you just put a post-spark nerf or increased price point? Only have the skills work on Fate-verse abilities?

You can get those Servants without those single Skills user.

>Didn't someone ask this very recently?
Sorry, didn't see that post.

>Beats are as strong as or even stronger than Aristotele
Aren't Aristotele supposed to be the strongest lifeform on their respective planets? Is life on Earth just super buff and life on other planets pretty shitty, or is there another reason why beasts are so strong?

So is Reborn/Mib around? If not, whens the last time someone saw them?

No worries, not bagging you, just wondering to myself.

Just because something is the strongest, doesn't mean nothing else is near it in power. Can't really say if Earth is super buff or not though, since we never see what life in other planets is like aside from the Types.

Oh They arelong gone

And you also can have a Sabre that uses an Axe or a genderbent Gilgamesh without Golden Rule, Cha A+ or Ea, but not likely.

Edit:
Sry, bit salty at something else. Don't take too srsly.

Yes, Sabers aren't just swords, though I'd say that would be a bit too far for a Gilgamesh servant to actually still be Gilgamesh, since you'd have almost none of his Skills or NPs at that point.

>that would be a bit too far for a Gilgamesh servant to actually still be Gilgamesh
This is making me picture a bizarre situation where you have a failure of a gil from an alternate reality where he became a heroic spirit not by his own ability but purely due to his situation.

Hey Val, could you give us a hint of what the remaining scenarios will be? I read something about Sabers and Rulers last thread.

Also, can the High-Servants be summoned?

Was kinda the point, the skills defin/were defined by and only exist because of Nero and Da Vinci/Tesla respectively. To be fair Scathach is in the same boat.

As I said earlier I understand that those skills are too powerful to have at the A-EX ranks for the chain, but a "You can reserve these skills for Xcp per rank, then recieve them post-spark" a bit too much to ask?

Again I realize I'm just whining on the internet and this really doesn't matter.

Thank you for all your hard work on the FGO Jump, I have just finished my first week with the game and I lucked out and using free quartz (due to the events) managed to get Altera in the F/SN event Gacha.

>But the Beasts were each an at least equal threat to you, if not even stronger for the later Beasts
Does this mean they scale up to you, or is it referring only to the Grand Servant power?

Would Kid Gil be Gilgamesh with the Lily template, or can I get him separately? If separate, would I be able to give Kid Gil the Lily template?

Also can you imagine the carnage taking Romulus to Rome TV series jump would be.

There's going to be one for most, if not all, of the events in Grand Order and a few more for characters I personally like that aren't covered or suggested scenarios that I think are pretty cool. Going to be putting out another two jumps before I really get down to working on it though, so it'll be a few days before I start.

Not yet, that'll wait until Extra.

And those characters are not defined by those skills either. They still work without them and generally don't actually work as they should if you take the Skills at face value anyway, given they don't easily solve most of the plots.

Even at lower ranks, they'd still possess the same basic issues. I don't like the post spark idea either, since it's just reserving a couple hundred SP to get most of the Skills at a later date. Doesn't make much sense either.

You'll have a chance to obtain each Servant as normal through the scenarios, or at least Nero and Scatty for sure, though.

Just referring to Grand Servant.

Kid Gil would be Gil with Fresh Fruit. You could also have Lily on top, yes. There's no limit to how many templates you can have, just that you can't take ones exclusive to each other.

>didn't someone ask that recently?
i think that was me, and if so it was in the Mibbit chat, not the thread (not sure if it was asked in thread afterward)

How could I stop a virus from spreading or infecting other people?

you freeze it

One that is already in people.

1. Kill the host (I assume you want to avoid this)
2. Quarantine the infected and remove/cure the disease
3. Use magic to cure them/ change the disease to being non-transmissible from a distance. Could also use advanced science to do this without the quarantine, such as with nano-bots.

That depends on how you feel about the person and how you are weighing that person's life against the spread of the virus , you're going to have to be much more specific,but off the top of my head I suggest you invest in a gamer driver from Kamen Rider Neo-Heisei Part 3 Jumpchain to draw the virus out of the person determining it into a kaijin that you can slay normally, deploy a force field around that person isolating them,cure the magically stopping the disease from spreading, infect the person with yourself and manage the disease from inside them or freeze the person with the virus inside them.

I'm not trying to cure it, just stop it from spreading.

Rip out all their blood, then replace it with fresh blood before they die.

teleport the person to an airtight room with Closed-circuit plumbing then

I'm at a loss: I'm not sure whether to take Lancer Arturia as a Servant or Jeanne. What are they like in terms of personality? Which would make a better companion for a progenitor of mankind / liberty-minded jumper? Of those two, which would you choose and why?

>inb4 both
I'm trying to keep my companion count low'ish, so it's one or the other for me.

What is the blood/sweat/tears ratio of your powerups?

25%/50%/25%

0% for all of them. I power up exclusively through CP. Hard work is for chumps.

>blood/sweat/tears
85/10/5
Tears aren't for power, they're for abusing as alchemy ingredients and healing powers. Also I don't like to sweat.

>Tears aren't for power, they're for abusing as alchemy ingredients and healing powers.

don't you Into cultivation? It's the same thing!

60/15/25 I eat others to powerup and apparently they like to sweat, cry, and bleed everywhere before they are consumed.

I'm clueless on Fate. Which would be better to watch to get an idea of how things work: Fate/Zero or Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works?

This is 10 % luck, 20 % skill
15 % concentrated power of will
5 % pleasure, 50 % pain
And a 100 % reason to remember the name.
couldn't resist

I think Zero explains the most and it's the 'most normal' Grail War. But then again, the rest of the Fate/ jumps don't have normal Grail Wars.

Either works but Zero is the better starter.

Be glad no one has the ability to punch you through the internet.

[Sonic & Archie]

Drawbacks: Rival Battle! (Coldsteel the Hedgehog), Triple Troublemakers, Special Zones (1600)

My Own Adventure Begins!

Neutral

Leader-Comrade

From Space!: Comrade (1200)
With Magic!: Leader (900)
Lazy Days (Free)
I Wanna Breathe! (Free)
A New Day (700)
Work it Out (500)
Follow Me (400)
Crystal RIngs (Free, +200=600)
Sweets and Tea (Free)
Miracle Planet Flowers (500)
JuJu Hammer (300)
Chao World (0)

[Coiling Dragon, Part 1]

Drawbacks: The Necropolis of the Gods, Apocalypse Day, A Saint's Interest, Bandits! (2300)

Rolled Yulan Empire

Mage, age 9

Cultivator (Free)
Overflowing Spirit (Free)
Elemental Affinity: Lightning (Free)
Memorization (2200)
Grandmaster and Mage (2000)
Prodigy of Prodigies (1700)
Ninth Rank Magicite Core (Free)
Orb of Soul Refinement (1500)
Coiling Dragon Ring (1200)
Soon-to-be-Divine Companion: Siphonophore (600)
Soul Mutate (300)
The Four Edicts: Destruction (0)

Okay, so. After fruitlessly searching for a wiki, some blank stares at a playthrough and some more blank stares at nothing.

I give up. I don't know what I'm doing in either of these plays.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I honestly tried, I just don't know enough about either jump to figure something out.

I think F/Z has broader informative monologues at the beginning, but leaves more explained overall whereas UBW is more tightly focused on the basics but also fully explains everything instead of leaving out loads of stuff in the LN. But F/Z does build up some serious background that makes UBW's events more significant.

I'd recommend watching F/Z and then UBW in that order, but if you only have time for one I'd say UBW addresses more immediate concerns while Zero is more informative the Grail Wars' background.

>relying on multiple body fluids sloshing around to powerup

Ew. EW, no thanks. I'll stick to setting my soul on fire every now and then, thank you very much.

Nah, it wasn't, it was HIGHLY destructive and vicious even for a Grail War.

I'd seriously suggest you read the Visual Novel Fate and go through all the Routes, then watch Fate Zero. That way you won't miss much.

I haven't read the series, so could someone give me an idea of what I'm in for it I take the Hokuto Shinken Successor drawback in the Fist of the North Star jump?

What am I going to have to do besides kung-fu at people? What kinds of assets will be useful, apart from training perks to help with the "can only use Hokuto Shinken during certain fights" limitation? Does "deal with all the problems Kenshiro faced" mean I'm fated to end up in the same bandit-ravaged villages as he did, or am I screwed by slightly deviating from canon?

Most importantly, what are some good workarounds to being required to kill/seal the fists of Kenshiro and Toki? Raoh and Jagi, fine, but Ken and Toki don't deserve that. Is reversing it with OOC stuff immediately afterwards viable? The scenario just says you have to do it, not that it has to stick, so I'm not technically breaking any rules...

It didn't have that many weird shenanigans compared to Stay Night.

Are there mythological/historic figures that used Axes? I'm struggling to come up with one but I really like the idea of a Saber using one.

If you become a Servant in GO, do you get the 3000 SP from the Grand Servant scenario on top of the 1000 SP you get from being a Servant, or do they replace them?
Also, you said that if you take Wind as your element in Frozen, you'd be able to do general weather stuff. Does that mean you'd be able to create rain and lightning? If yes, would you be as strong in those elements as you'd be in wind?

Paul Bunyan bitch

>plays
>leaves less explained overall

argh posting while tired is the worst

I mean, to be fair-compared to SN. Where not one, but TWO masters were completely untrained, there was a rogue Gilgamesh wandering around nobody summoned, one of the Servants attempts to hijack the entire ritual, the local overseer was trying to destroy the world because he's super pro-life, old man Matou's pulling a fast one through a proxy and an extra lesser grail. And the Einzberns were desperate enough to use a berserker.

I think the important word here is "relatively" normal.

At least Kariya's just a particularly gross example of modern magecraft, and not a reality marble user.

Seal off the area, maybe? Naruto's good for seals of all sorts. One apparently stuck a rabbit goddess in the moon for a long while?

Zendikar also has a very good form of crystal magic sealing. Faeblooded from Gargoyles could probably also do it, too.

>Jeanne

She's a bit introverted, and prefers to follow the rules whenever posible. Also a very devout Christian; she has Revelation, after all.

>Lancer Arturia

I assume you mean the regular version, not the alter? She's mostly the same as Saber Arturia (courageous, resolute, loyal) except less insecure about serving her country and comfortable in balancing being a king with being a person.

>a progenitor of mankind

Honestly, they're both pretty solid choices. I suppose it really depends on whether you're running a secular or christian imperium. Though I should point out that while Jeanne's Charisma skill's (C) one rank lower than Arturia's (B), she has Revelation at A. Which is higher than what SOLOMON had.

tl;dr Arturia's the more experienced leader, but despite being more faith-y Jeanne could be the better strategist.

>which would you choose

I would not, because I am primarily known in that universe as a hateful walking calamity.

Besides the meme in overalls I mean. An actual hero.

They're separate builds from each other, so the SP is separate and doesn't stack or replace.

Just wind.

Is the 100 from extra EXs discounted, or is it a flat cost?

Flat cost.

Was there ever any update on a new Familiar of Zero jump?

If Herculanon is here, does the Coiling Dragon Ring divide the cost of ALL your magic by six, or just Coiling Dragon's mageforce magic?

Robert the Bruce's favorite weapon was an axe. A famous story involves an English Knight charging him, which he responded to by dodging his lance and splitting his head open through his helmet with his axe.

>They're separate builds from each other, so the SP is separate and doesn't stack or replace.
So you get access to the Servant Supplement one time through the Servant type and then another time through the scenario?

>just wind
So you wouldn't actually be able to control "various weather conditions"?

Yes.

No, you could. Just solely through wind. You don't have any control of water or lightning.

The Stamford Bridge Viking?

Aussie you ignored me last thread so I'll make you tell me this time. WHAT SCENARIO ARE YOU PLANNING THAT INVOLVES THE SABER LANCER SISTERS! TELL ME OR ELSE I WILL BLOW UP ALL OF YOUR VEGEMITE AND MAKE YOUR POLITICIANS WORSE

Most of them seem to be gods, unfortunately. There's Perun and Shango's; slavic and south american respectively, both thunder gods. Pangu also had an axe, though I can't imagine any but the oldest and most powerful Chinese Servants toting his stuff around.

I think Hephaestus used an axe to slice Athena out of Zeus' head, so if you have a Greek hero with high Divinity maybe it could fit to his background?

Oh, and the warrior-sage Parashurama got an axe from Shiva. May or may not qualify as a Servant being an avatar of Vishnu; probably would, since Karna and Rama are in there.

Oh, and there's that honest woodcutter in Aesop's Fables who got tempted with gold and silver axes by Hermes after dropping his own in a pond. Probably not what you're going for though.

A viking warchief would work. Or even people from Celtic mythos. I can't name any but there would be a much higher chance of them using axes than others.

Pic related is Robert the Bruce, he might work.

>MAKE YOUR POLITICIANS WORSE

But that's impossible.

>Pic related is Robert the Bruce

Stealthy guy.

Forgot it fuck sake. Also he'd probably be a rider class, or saber given he also used a sword.

>Scott who fought the English and won for the most part.
>Guerilla warfare tactics.
>An story about an axe that could cleave through armor.
>Kilts
Yum. Thank you user.

No idea yet. I haven't really given much thought to it aside from knowing that I definitely want to do one. I'm mostly focusing on getting another two jumps out first before getting into scenarios. Katanagatari should be out tomorrow sometime and Petals of Reincarnation (Or at least the first version of it, since a few people asked for it to come out with just canon stuff first) shouldn't be long after that.

Perun, the Slavic thunder god. Chaac (Mayan rain god) had a lightning axe. Shango (Yoruba thunder god) also had an axe.

Oddly, not a lot of human heroes seen with axes.

The's probably a few, it's just that they'll be less known than the others.

Bruce Lee is probably too recent to do "loli Bruce Lee" as a Brawler servant, huh?

Who are some interesting martial artists to take as a Brawler-class Servant?

Bodhidharma is best girl.

pudgy loli steven seagal

I'm rereading Coiling Dragon right now, and I feel like a perk to let you start the jump at an early age or at your birth would be pretty neat. So you can actually grow on par with the other warriors and mages, as pretty much everyone in that setting starts training at like 4-6 years. So even if you start at 8 years, you are actually pretty far behind the first. Besides, the early chapters where Linley starts training as a warrior and mage were one of the best parts, so replicating it would be fun.

Here is an heretic question for this thread.
I've never watched/read/played anything from type moon (not really, i think i've watched tsukihime and fate/stay night yeeears ago).

What order do you advise to take the jump and what order do you think is better to "enjoy" the series?

> Does anyone have any suggestions?
Destroy... Eggman? You're a cosmic fuckoff entity, you should be able to do it.

The very (very, very) basic rundown of the setting is this: Eggman controls a massive, massive, massive empire which he uses to beat on the planet and do whatever he wants.
In this particular incarnation, Eggman is a giant douche with no redeeming qualities whatsoever, save whatever emphasis you put on genius without moral codes and "whatever the fuck I want to do" science. He wants to rule the planet and populate it with mindless automotons where his will is the only will, and if you push him far enough, he'll blow up the planet to spite you.
He's got a squad of about twenty midbosses, some of whom are devoted and some of whom have their own things going on and some of whom just wish he'd die.

Fighting him is Sonic and a bunch of other furries called the Freedom Fighters, and they basically just manage to keep a tenuous status quo where Eggman is unable to gain significantly more power or crush the resistance but he's still basically king shit of fuck mountain.
There's also GUN, and they're, like... there. I guess.

S'basically the broad points right there. And then it gets really stupid and convoluted because comics.

Anyway, there's reason to believe that if Eggman disappeared, GUN would immediately make a grab for power, and it'd be this whole big thing, but Eggman is the bigger player here. There'd be this huge power vacuum with people vying to fill it, sure, but nobody would really be that unhappy if he just suddenly died.

Except Thunderbolt.
She'd probably cry.

Series Order:
> Fate Visual Novel (if not, Unlimited Blade Works is acceptable)
> Fate Zero Anime
> Whatever Fate-related Animes / Manga / Games / Visual Novels that follow

>"enjoy" the series
Not possible.

We only talk about Fate ironically.

>liberty-minded jumper?
Neither of them are really big on "liberty".

Jumpers! who are your fate waifus?

What settings were inspired by massive acid trips besides KSBD and TES? I want to trip balls during my new chain

That's not really true, they don't really go YAY LIBERTY or anything but Lancer Arturia's grown out of her everyone-must-obey-me-about-everything phase and Jeanne doesn't go around bossing people.

>We
There's that 'we' again. Please remember that you only talk for yourself, faggot.

Any Servant who has both the Red template and the Demon King skill, which lets the user alter their body.

In no particular order:
Tohsaka Rin
Arthuria Pendragon (Lancer)
Mata Hari
Boudicca
Scathatch
Medusa (Rider)
Astolfo
Le Chevalier d'Eon
Marie
Anne and Mary
Mashu
Miyamoto Musashi
Nitocris
Nightingale
Minamoto-no-Yoritomo (The fear boner's STRONK)
Hassan of Serenity

Well, I say no particular order, but the top five are definitely my top 5.