Is it possible to play a half dragon and not be a snowflake?

Is it possible to play a half dragon and not be a snowflake?

Would you allow them in your games?

'Snowflake' entirely depends on context.

In a game about half dragons, not being one would be being a snowflake.

I run dungeons the dragoning, only snowflakes are allowed

I'd play one as a Landsknecht, so maybe?

OP, your post is out of date.
Half dragons and dragon men are no longer "snowflakes" because they are common in the biggest rpg on the planet for the last 10+ years.
Maybe back when you were playing 3e, grandpa, you had a point, but honestly, get with the times.
You salty grogs getting mad someone dared to play anything other than a human are a aging, dying relic, and honestly, no one will mourn your passing.

>Would you allow them in your games?
Yes, because I DM a multiverse setting. Anything, even homebrew stuff is allowed if it's not overpowered or obscene crap. It's hard to be a snowflake when the World Serpent Inn has gods chilling out with card games and snacks.

Define "obscene".

If it'd fit in an episode of Metalocalypse or Aqua Teen Hunger Force, it most likely wouldn't fit in the campaign.

Which half?

Let's say most of the head and torso cyberized into a fighter jet.

Good bait, man.

What about that is bait? It's factually accurate.

Dragonkin and Draconians you 5enigger.

>It's factually accurate.
Accurate content makes the best bait. It's all about the presentation (It's what makes Carnac so effective). But this was probably b8 too because no one makes quality b8 like that accidentally.

>Turns out a lot of dragons have been fucking a lot of humanoids
>Having some draconic DNA is fairly common, explaining the amount of sorcerers
>Hell, there's a whole zodiac based on dragons somewhere in the mountain regions
>Did you know there's theories that humans came into existence because dragons just wouldn't stop fucking chimpanzees?

It's eminently possible. What's impossible is playing a half dragon and not having the level adjustment fuck you.

This is one thing 4e definitely did right, allowed dragonoids for player characters at the same level as the rest of the group. Lizardfolk would have been nice, too, but it's just not the same.

Depends on the setting.
How not to be a snowflake while being a half-dragon?
1. Ask a DM for a setting where half-dragons are just another race, may be dragons just were too naughty in the past to breed the whole folk of offsprings or some of their offsprings weren't dragon enough.
2. Play as a dragon, not a half-dragon. Everyone else in the party is a dragon too. You are rare but not unheard of.
3. Have a setting with multiple races - so many of them that locals see every strange sapient creature as just another weird foreigner (or even local) that their place is full of.

Trips confirm truth!

No
Yes, but I've been playing Guncaster a lot recently

>55429818

Bad post

This. It basically depends on the setting and what you're playing, but OP has a point; whenever someone plays a half-thing that isn't a half-elf or half-orc, they usually are try hard snowflakes wanting to be the party's outsider/misterious character/self appointed chosen one.

Not at this moment, since my setting doesn't have half-dragons (there's an elite of half-dragon knights in service to an evil deity, but they aren't born but made into half-dragons).

If I ever DM a regular setting that includes them I wouldn't mind allowing someone playing them as long as they don't go full special snowflake.