EDH/Commander General /edhg/

Wishes Edition

Previous: RESOURCES

>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.
tappedout.net

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the the internet.
edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.
manabasecrafter.com/

CARD SEARCH

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface.
magiccards.info/

Thread Question: What deck have you wanted to build but not actually moved forward with and why?

Other urls found in this thread:

articles.edhrec.com/ultra-budget-brews-dragons/
magiccards.info/search.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

First for alters

This is my wife.

She's a bit on the older side and has had a tough life, so she can be kind of confrontational.

Same user, she has been my favorite since she came out and my pet card in anything red.

>thread question

Animar. Green is the only color I don't have shit of and the card itself is 30 bucks. Maybe for Christmas I'll ask my brother for him.

I always wanted to make Kraj but haven't because I don't think he will be any good or I will make the deck badly. I used to play a Kraj jank brew in standard when he was out and loved it so I expect it's more of the same enjoyment with EDH too.

Um, user.
I cleary said she was MY wife. I'm gonna have to ask that you stop with your delusions and move on for everyone's sake.

how solid is this card for B/W?

Meh. It doesn't really do anything.

>Sold of 90% of my collection because I needed the money to finance something and my office playgroup was dead for a solid year.
>Playgroup restarted
>I miss my Sigarda deck so much, but I'm not going to drop $600

Thread Question: One of the Sliver Tribals. I already have 5c Ally Tribal and 5c Dragon Tribal so I'm just not sure if I'm willing to cough up the money to fund another deck of a similar style.

>What deck have you wanted to build but not actually moved forward with and why?

Meren. I like good stuff but hate decks that only win by combo. Problem being I don't see how you'd win in meren without them other than various overrun effects.

Sorry to hear user. Most of my collection got stolen a few months ago. I miss my stupid zurgo deck

I know that one user asked about this in previous thread but I have a slightly different problem with this deck.
I'm living in a shithole and have only one recently opened lgs with mtg singles. I would have to pay for shipping more than for the ordered cards so ebay and mcm is not a thing for me.
Is there any way to upgrade the mana-base decently and cheaply with cards not older than Return to Ravnica block? My playgroup is small and we want to play casual commander so I just want to make this deck fine enough to not end up with a brick hand

>something
Explain user don't be a pussy

There's been some decent cheap tapped lands in the recent sets, if you don't mind the delayed mana.
Edh rec may be able to help, or specific searching via gatherer. (I'm phone posting else I'd have some specifics for you)

>Thread question

5 color Allies. I just can't be assed.

>What deck have you wanted to build but not actually moved forward with and why?
Basically everything because it takes me forever to brew. The one getting the shaft the most right now is Feldon simply because I have no clue if he actually wants half the stuff on edhrec like a major artifact subtheme or if it's all just people uploading their slightly altered precons. Things like Spire of Ish Sah or Caged Sun are good cards, but do they really fit with the deck?

What were your most valueable cards? Also which sigarda did you use?
I'm currently working on a sigarda human/ angel tribal

It could have its place, but there are so many options in the life drain department. Depending on the rest of your deck and the other decks you are playing, it could just be a win-more card. It works nicely if you have sanguine bond and know a large amount of damage might be dealt on a specific turn, but I never like counting on something so situational as that.

There are good dual lands coming out right now with Ixalan, also shocklands are from ravnica and are worth the investment.

Cascading Cataracts is like 50 cents.
City of Brass and Mana Confluence will set you back about five dollars each.
A set of Shocklands from Return to Ravnica will cost about 50 or so total, I think.

>finally make sphinx tribal
>90% casual

Do I keep at it or move on

I don't know how good it is, but there's this article that talks about improving that deck on a budget. A lot of the cards he uses are fairly recent. Actually, all of the lands he adds are from RtR, and I've heard this deck's main problem is its manabase.

Ignore that meter on, I've heard of people changing the description and it swapping from 90% casual to 100% competitive

I run Caged Sun in every mono that's not black or green, it's a anthem and mana doubler and in red you can recur the thing no matter how many times it gets blown up.

Push for 100

Forgot to link it.
articles.edhrec.com/ultra-budget-brews-dragons/

The rtr shocks are more than 5 a piece user. For 50 you might get 4

Dental work.

That is tragic because you didn't even get anything in return.

In response to OP: I've wanted Sultai Elfball, especially with the new tribal tech. But Leovold is banned.

I guess they fixed it, all of my decks stopped being 100% competitive. But maybe you're right.

It feels really arbitrary. I have no idea how it calculates it. I entered the Edgar precon, complete with the junk cards and bad taplands and it said 100% competitive.

>Marcille poster
We only allow Mairsil shitposting here in /edhg/

How recently?

Last week.

>Sitting at 34 life with this on the field
>Play Lich
>Crack it and draw 34
>Drop Children of Korlis, draw another 34
>Sickening Dreams into Angel's Grace

Felt good.

Its okay if there's some big damage going on, or if you have something to dump a ton of life into like Necropotence or Aetherflux Reservoir.
Situational, but can be very good in those situations.

Is this guy as good as I think he is?

how is this good in any fucking way?

Yeah was thinking I could win con with guildmage and pic related on top

No one knows, maybe sometime ill try to build 100% casual and compare against 100% competitive and see what happens

Literally two days ago I made a deck of 98 plains, Lin Sivvi, and Teferi's Protection.
100% competitive.

6/6 unblockable for 3 mana? Seems dank af

>no storm crow
>100% competitive
But how?

If you're running a blue control deck against a red deck I would consider putting him in. Suddenly your lightning bolts and shitty goblins aren't worth casting if it brings this out faster. At that point I can decide to either stall those casts or build my mana even more.

A 6/6 unblockable is pretty damn vanilla in EDH, like, I'd only use the thing in a kraken/octopus/leviathan/whale tribal deck.

Is decent in Jhoira, but I wouldn't run him in anything else probably.

Could work. There's several ways you can wincon off Tainted Sigil + Vizkopa. Anything that dumps life will work.

battle for zendikar duals will be good with that farseek included, for which i would cut the vivids. prismatic geoscope from the commander 16 set i would use in place of the dreamstone hedron. the thing to splurge on most would be chromatic lantern from return to ravnica to replace fist of suns. might be 30 bucks total for all that, but i picked mine up when they were really cheap. should still be cheap now, actually, but eh

Just use these search strings in the rules part of the search on magiccards.info/search.html
"deals 1 damage to you"
As enters the battlefield, you may reveal a card from your hand. If you don't, enters the battlefield tapped.
{1}, {T}, Sacrifice Panorama
enters the battlefield tapped unless
{1}, {T}: Add to your mana pool.
Do check individual card values because some things like Brushland cost 12$ while stuff like Caves of Koilos is barely worth a dollar.
Your absolute cheapest manabase for the dragons deck would be the Panoramas+Expanse and Wilds and all the taplands that tap for three different colored mana.

Depends on how many players are at the table.
It's a neat trick to pull on turn 2-3 and have a 6/6 unblockable out that early but drawing it late is kinda sad.

He is in a way really good. Jalira, Chisei, maybe some temur decks, the suspend commander .... it is unblockable creature that you need to find a way to put in a game fast as possible and hit enemies with him.

Is a creature unstoppable if it has hexproof and indestructible?

Eh, he's okay

No, it can be hit by -1/-1 mass removal or exile boardwipes

No, Cyclonic Rift and Toxic Deluge and ugin and all is dust, aka the best and most played board wipes, don't care at all

Forced sac effects, blocking with infect or wither creatures, mass exile or mass -1 -1 counters

Indestructible is like the number 1 most overrated keyword, almost useless in edh

Nope. Plenty of tech out there like pic related and glaring spotlight. That at mass removal like -x/-x or exile is generall run where it can be in commander.

If someone is scared of indestructible is it a flag they are a shitter?

It's more a flag that they play in a combat-oriented casual playgroup

Question: which color would you say has the least answers to hexproof and indestructible?

Probably Red.

Red. Most if not all their removal is targeting burn spells or boardwipes that indestructible prevents. Or green because green has very light removal to begin with.

Green doesn't usually care about hexproof or indestructible beaters though because it just goes over the top with trample damage. Red is the color most shut down by indestructible and hexproof shit, although hexproof in general is annoying for blue white and black because they have a lot of good targeted answers

As someone with both Avacyn and Sigarda decks I really hate that this card exists.

Eh, most wraths I see people use destroy things, it's the single target removal that avoids destruction effects like the plague, every single piece of single-target removal exiles, bounces, shuffles into the deck or is a edict where I'm at.

Green can murder literally anything besides creatures and it has enough color pie mistakes to murder or cripple creatures too.

what the fuck this is fucking perfect for my BW lifegain deck and i never even knew about it

Only three and Desert Twister blows.

I have to run Oblivion Stone and Nev's Disk in all my monogreen decks. Admittedly, same is true for my monored so.

Lignify, Song of Dryads, Beast Within as far as dude removal that's actually green goes, I'm also running both Ulamogs, Karn, Ugin, All is Dust and O-stone for things that also kill creatures.

Also Duplicant, people forget about that thing too often.

Toxic Deluge and Cyclonic Rift are the 2 most played board wipes period

"Most", Deluge and Rift are not the only ones I see but I do see them every game. Mass Eviction and O-Kagachi's fart are things too if we're talking white exile wraths.

A nice win condition with Aetherflux Reservoir and both are artifacts.

Seems super good in feldon decks, or any flicker deck

They said "hexproof and indestructible".
Outside The Great Aurora and a rare few artifact/enchantment edicts, Green can hardly do dick to something with Hexproof.

Except

Yeah, 1 specific card that can't remove anything by itself is real fucking exciting.

At worst it replaces itself, with the added bonus of making all your removal relivant and allows you to 'help' others remove stuff politically.

>At worst it replaces itself
At worst it wastes 2 mana doing absolutely nothing.

Isn't that the downside whenever you cycle a card?

>My face when I stole someone's Avacyn with Nicol Bolas

What scenario is that, your opponent plays 0 hexproof or indestructible creatures? So the worst case scenario is your opponents have nothing to slow your monogreen roll.

2 mana in format where games regularly go past turn 15 and due to the high varience nature of 100 card singleton, people often have mana unused.

His fault for not having Homeward Path

Will you play MTG Arena if it has commander?

So I'm currently building Gishath and it's my first ramp-based "big creatures" deck.
Is there really any reason for me to run mana rocks like the signets instead of upping my green mana a bit and replacing all the rocks I'd normally run with ramp spells to get the mana directly onto the board?

Running artifact-based acceleration feels just like a bad idea when ramping hard is safe from artifact destruction and I already have a good amount of green in my deck anyway. My group also decided to disallow MLD after last session.

I want to make a deck with this bitch. Either as a Partner commander or in the 99. What is the best method for her that's not pairing her with Ishai?

Thread Question
>sram
Built magnet cat instead
>locust god
expensive, to high a mana cost in practice
>taigam U/W
wanted to tone down my brogos power level, little did i know you build him strong or get hated off the table

The lack of mld does lend itself to just slapping lands on the table as fast as possible. The inclusion of artifact ramp depends on the other players, if bane of progress and similar effects is a common sight at your table go fast lands

No.

You know at this point, fuck arguing over the merits of that card. This little tangent has fuck all to do with what was being discussed.

Someone said Green has a low amount of removal, and I mentioned that was specifically true for hexproof, and, yes, there is one specific green card that lets them get around it. Big whoop, if you happen to be playing something that fucking narrow, you happen to draw it when you need it, and you happen to have another piece of removal you can use to capitalize on it, good for you. That doesn't make Green's ability to deal with hexproof better anywhere near often enough that it means shit for dick as a whole.

It is not a practical enough element to act like it somehow fundamentally changes Green's weakness in that regard.

There's an exception to every rule, but some people tend to that that makes it exceptional.

Actually, I'd say at worst it wastes a slot in the 99. Cutting cards is hard enough without trying to find room for something that will come in handy maybe once a year.

Tell me with a straight face how many of you are actually playing that card in any of your decks.

new to EDH, can I build a very cheap deck that loops pic related over and over?

I assume Tasigur would be the best commander for this?

Everyone runs a good amount of mass artifact destruction and general board wiping, since we have a Never Forgetti player in our group. Guess I'll go for all the ramp spells I can find.

>Thread question
God, way too many. I have three in progress right now (Gaddock Teeg, Sliver Legion, and Inalla) and many, many more I've brewed and never gotten around to, like Titania, Yidris, Uyo, Lovisa, Bruse Tarl + Thrasios/Kydele, and so on. I'm bad at getting myself sidetracked on something else before I get serious about building a deck.

I'm not it's shit, but your argument about wasting mana was dumb.