Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

Perturabo and Huron Blackheart BTFO by Death Guard edition

>Typhus and Blightlords coming up for pre-order next week
warhammer-community.com/2017/09/17/firestorm-the-armies-of-the-great-cities-and-the-elite-of-the-death-guard/

>Top 5 Squigs
warhammer-community.com/2017/09/05/celebrate-30-years-of-warhammer-40000-top-5-squigsgw-homepage-post-3/

>GW FAQ (1.1):
games-workshop.com/en-US/Rules-Errata

>FW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/15/new-and-updated-forge-world-faqs-july16gw-homepage-post-2/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Thanks Chart-user!)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

>Death Guard codex (thank you Vladimir)
>Epub
mega.nz/#!9hkg0LgL!_Y53qiTD0VDA641V4NBQtnZ8hTGLA_VE-CkTPh9YQzE
>PDF
mega.nz/#!p0tzAIya!DEVmw60_jOLXCdvWqoKBDx8_BW-wxbV6KD4CpB5WbvY

1st for Sisters a QT !
Wait.. thats not a..

You can summon after dissenting.

REAL men of the Imperium coming through.

OK, thanks. I need some of those anyway for my Enginseers, so that works out neatly enough.

Thing is they're not being fluffed as Assassins, they're a pack of Skitarii and Admech junior Magi and commanders. I'm just worrying that since Assassins are really nice now people would think running the whole lot would be cheesy, especially since the Callidus will be running with a bunch of melee dudes and there'll be a lot of Turn 1 nonsense occurring.

>no Daily Duncan with 9
Also previous thread:

Reposting from previous thread:

Played yesterday with some friends.

When I played the Tau player he wanted to deepstrike 9" away from my predator upwards on a pice of terrain with the top about 11" from the predator. We got into a debate wether or not you could do that.

So is it yes or no on the above?

What are secret death elf techniques to deal with conscripts, Boyz, and horrors?

He can deepstrike his guys anywhere he wants so long as its 9" away from enemy units

I mean you aren't wrong, considering that chaos holds a dissenting opinion to the imperium.

Real men join the Greater Good.

You removed the squigs link.

I remove your embeds.

But does that mean up as well as sideways?

Keep in mind that "Eldar" and "Dark Eldar" are still the common "human" names for them. So they're still canon in the setting. Aeldari, Drukhari, Ynnari and Asuryani are styled as the proper elven names for those factions. It's a bit like low gothic and high gothic of Space Marines and Adeptus Astartes.

Yes.

What's this about the DG smacking Huron around now?

Even if it's upwards?

Yes, why wouldn't it?

Oh fuck there's 2 threads now

Mort himself is the one doing the smacking I believe.

I made this list some time ago as a draft for my first army. Would it be fun to play?

Oh thank you.

Nah was Typhus.

I don't know how its hard to understand
Take a tapemeasure and draw a straight line from the enemy unit he wants to drop next to, to the point he wants to deep strike onto
If the distance is 9" or more its fine

Didn't gw squat that listbuilder

>Mfw fight between Mort and Pert with Pert beating Mort's ass but Pert retreats mainly because his guys are starting to literally rot despite absolutely destroying the DG

Bitterness intensifies

I was the one posted the original question.

Well for one that means that jumppacks that has fly can get a 2" charge from deepstriking giving a big advantage over the other player.

Yup
He did say that its an old list so we can assume it was made pre-squattendum

Its ok bud, just decimate your legion.

It will make you feel better.

That's it? The fuck were they even fighting over? I doubt Huron's stupid enough to piss off a guy like Typhus.

I built the list right at dawn of 8th when I decided to jump in the plastic crack train, I am still slowly painting the first SC box but had the list in the drive and wanted opinions. The list builder is dead as far as I know

Cheeky Morty.

Abaddon new primarch sized model when?

Yeah, but at least we still got battlescribe

Well, he's never getting a rematch with the Blood Angels at this rate.

Is that in any good state for eighth?

You know, Mortarion's kinda hard to make work without having some allied sorcerers cast warp time on him.

I imagine the case will be the same with Magnus when he loses access to the Dark Hereticus discipline.

FUCK, I wanted some more sweet sweet Sanguinior fights

I'm actually surprised they didn't do this to tie in with Gorillaman's release.

>elven names

Don't you mean AELVEN NAEMES

I'm now imagining an Eldar called Aelven Naemes who acts as his craftworld's copyright lawyer.

I can't speak for all factions, but it works fine for CSM. It was last updated Sep 6, unless it's been updated either today or yesterday.

What's the respawn time like for Greater Daemons like Ka'Bandha? I'm pretty sure he was on Baal Prime to fight Leviathan.

Can I dissembark after summoning?

Yeah, and the reverse.

It was before great rift.
Theoretically 1000 years for every daemon but if GW need daemon they will summon him next day.

In the new codex the death guard have all the bantz

>Excuse me, Aelvan Naemesman, why are our birthrates so low?

Whatever GW needs it to be. Samus has turned up and been banished multiple times over the heresy, and the whole HH wasn't that long in-universe.

I keep forgetting what the original image is from

Got to meet Duncan the other day.

So lucky, he's great IRL

How can you see into my eyes
Like open doors

Which one is you, user?

Slap a bazzers logo on it. Also, Duncan's tall as fuck.

1000 years in warp time.

guess

Redlettermedia Star Trek reviews.

Game of Thrones shirt.

The uggo chick

I assume his respawn time doesn't matter when Abbadabbadoo brought hell to reality so he could just suck Baal into the Warp instead of having to go there himself.

He's standing on a pile of empty paint pots.

Duncan.

Thanks, it's been years since I've seen those.

What's your favorite thing in 40k and why, /40kg/?

Plastic sisters when?

We've already got plastic sisters of silence

Grishnak

List building.
It might be more fun than playing for me.
Just theory crafting what could be good, laying out game plans for map control all of that is super fun.

Right now, soulburst actions. They make 8th edition fun. I don't know why people play other armies.

Why Black Library novels must change fluff in worst way possible?

90s chaos sculpts absolutely requiring a middle finger be extended or weaponized on all power fists, chain fists and daemon prince claws. It was so classic 90s edge and so surprisingly self-aware of GW at the time.

2 years or more

The setting or the hobby?

From the setting, I like Chaos. Its contradictory in a way that makes sense, if you pardon the contradiction.

The hobby? I like the social aspect of it. I've not made friends or anything yet, but since I started 3 months ago I've really enjoyed talking to store staff, regulars and even guests. I gave advice to some guys yesterday who were unsure how to start the hobby with their kids and I spoke their language so they felt more secure to talk etc.

Looks like it could either be REALLY fun to play against/as or not fun to play against at all.

Because the (failing) New York Times Best Selling authors don't know the setting as well as they should.

You can take a small csm detachment and spend a cp to give him warp time.

russkie fakes are dogshit

kek, uses champions of daemon's heads to kill said daemon.

What about him?

So i just saw a bunch of Warhammer 40k audiobooks slated for release soon on Audible.

4-6 hours each. 22 dollars or one credit each.

Who the fuck is gonna buy that shit?

No, he's just with a bunce of manlets.

The same people that pay GW prices already.

And now it mocks us as chaos still needs new sculpts.

Audiobooks are decent if you commute to work every day. I drive an hour to and from work four days a week, that's eight hours I basically spend doing fuck all nothing. An audiobook at least lets me enjoy a book during that time, although I don't think I'd buy a 40k audiobook.

Alright, then enjoy your pewter Paul Stanley faces.

Why doesn't the Baneblade ignore movement penalty for heavy weapons? Why doesn't the Chimera have firing ports? Why does GW have to tease us with IG tanks that are almost decent, but not quite?

Just why?

The weight of metal models is more satisfying, you likely suck at conversions anyway

Because IG can't have fun toys.
Just WAAC bait to punish loyal players.

This.

Guard need buffs.

I wanna do a piranha spam list. How would that do?

Almost all vehicles got hit by that shit, no more shoot and scoot without penalties unless you're using a sicaran or something.

How each faction is really unique to itself. Lot's of other settings, especially in wargaming tend to have factions that are just really similar to each other even if there aren't many of them but 40k happens to have dozens of factions and each with personalities of their own.

Wait for the codex I guess.

This right here. Im in the exact same spot only its just 45 min for me. Sometimes you dont want music.

It's literally the largest normal tank in the imperium. A vehicle 1/4 the size is stable enough to ignore the penalty but somehow the Baneblade isn't? Come on now.

Will Ferrus return?
And will Iron Hand get codex?

So when are the Death Guard plastics coming? Kinda stupid to release a Codex without minis

So we all know lot's of 40k is based off of Fantasy, is this list correct on what fac is based on what fac?:
Orks: Orcs
Gretchin: Goblins
Craftworld: High Elves
Dark Eldar: Dark Elves
Necrons: Tomb Kangz
Chaos: Chaos (duh)
Old Ones: Lizard Men? (maybe?)

Imperial Guard seems to have a shit ton of races added to their ranks as abhumans:
Normal Imperial Guard: Empire
Squats: Dwarves
Ratlings: Halflings
Ogryn: Ogres
Beastmen: Beastmen

Any other based off factions I missed or were wrong about?

New release schedule.

Very staggered, so there is always something new to buy instead of weeks/months of nothing.