>mega.nz/#!R3B0gDKK!BIBhguOGm-m9jH1q21mVLZk2nAprjj5WB8ijf2Hd2zQ

Grand Alliance Death
>mega.nz/#!tuZgzAxA!ojKhBr9LXuyrENb3a2WdLRZbUrudSUSu7yE1aWla530

Grand Alliance Chaos
>mega.nz/#!0jo3QKpS!BW0rOwEW-BcBp3pUmM9zIRZxWxf3rMxXza1k9ZH9rfU

Grand Alliance Destruction
>mega.nz/#!l2gXDCBR!zRhlaZgiSxjf4MtcgktFUxI8DUTEnSIsjrE3suMCusM

Other urls found in this thread:

warhammer-community.com/warscroll-builder/.
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I love Stormcast.

10 new allegiance abilities - not only for Order.
3 of them gonna by used by cities - place your bets on the rest

Some are obvious:
- The newcomer cities: Hammerhal, Anvilgaard, Tempest's Eye
- Cities from the last Season of War: Phoenicium, Greywater Fastness, Living City
The last four are split between the three remaining factions, with, at a guess, two for Chaos and one for Death and one for Destruction.

>place your bets on the rest
We know Tempest's Eye, Hammeral and Anvilguard, but we also know that Phonecium is aelven now and Greywater Fastness has the collegie arcanum and ironweld engeeners.

At least 5 out of 10 are Order, and we can expect the living city too, for some Sylvaneth.

I think there is only 1 for each of the other Allegiances.

What is this "Death" faction you mention?

do you have more slutty clown pictures, asking for a friend

>still can't decide on an army

you should play dogmaster stormcast

lots of gryph hounds and catellants

why not warheards

Just go with what seems like the most fun to you.

I've ruled out Stormcast, due to their fluff.

Too many models needed, and too complex to paint.

See, that's a problem. There's lots of armies that seem fun to me.

So, are we to divine what is fun to you? AND also randomly guess what you haven't ruled out?

Okay then. What's your idea of fun and what armies do you like?

My top 5 are:

>Slaves to Darkness
>Clan Pestilens
>Clan Skryre
>Ironjawz
>Mixed Nurgle

How does one run a 1000pts StD army these days?
I feel the urge to build a fluffy pocket Slaves army and paint them gold and white and mix them with some daemons. Sell me this army anons, I need to know if they are worth my shekels

I'd love to build an army of them in the future too

Looks like right now a mounted army is the best option, and it also looks great.

StD are highly flexible and can draw from a enormous pool of units. There's lots of fun to be had with those.
Ironjawz are also fun and recently got an amazing set of allegiance abilities. Fairly few units, but what you have is generally all worthwhile.
Mixed Nurgle is fun, but there's bound to be a battletome with new shit incoming, if the situation with Khorne and Tzeentch in the past was any indication. Might be prudent to wait in that case.

>allowing you and your friends to battle for white supremacy in map-based campaigns

what did GW mean by this?

spam knights, chariots, mounted lord

or go for some warriots and knights for a manticore lord

or go for the battalions

>Too many models needed, and too complex to paint.

>low model count army with large chunky details
>too many models and too complex

Shit, sorry, I got warherds and brayherds mixed up.

Warherds don't really have enough variety to run as an army.

>It's nearly October
>Not building a Death list

You SHOULD kill yourself if you're not gonna try to spook it up. Buy skellies and ghosts or go fuck yourself

GW's viral campaign has really gone downhill

Hey now, eventually Death will have its time to shine, just as soon as GW wakes up and shits all over the SCE fan-base by gimping their faction.

Calling it now, whatever new death stuff we get will be OP and death will be tier 1

you're getting one hero in 2018

Well, I think most sensible people building death armies -- especially using skeletons or zombies -- just do the sensible thing and buy Mantic Undead instead. It's one of the few areas that Mantic is simply superior.

Mantic skeletons look like ass, the zombies are pretty great though

Zombies sure, the GW zombies have huge heads and hands, they're zombie guardsmen from the looks of it, but the GW skeletons are very nice, so I wouldn't say with a sweeping brush that "mantic is simply superior"

and oftentimes it's much easier to get GW, there's few places you can walk into and buy mantic models

Are Centigors good?
I'm building a warband of them for Realms of Chaos and want to know if they're worth expanding on.

>asking if something other than a stormcast model is good.

Eh, I suppose I misspoke on the skeletons. The zombies + Mantic's ghouls are simply superior, but the skeletons come down to taste, I suppose. I personally love the expressiveness of the little bastards which remind me just of that proper mix of camp and spook that Army of Darkness skeletons had, and I love the much more unified aesthetic of the skeleton line rather than GW's somewhat more random weapons and armor. They also look absolutely perfect beside the Wight King with Tomb Blade, which helps me out. And the Revenants are excellent Grave Guard, though I do love those minis from GW as well, though $4 a model is a bit harder to swallow than $1.50.

And I really love all of their spookies having the miniatures with them climbing out of the earth.

>I'm building a warband of them for Realms of Chaos
Awesome

>Are Centigors good?
Not really, no. They are cheap and fast, but that's it really.
They can be very useful in some missions, to take and contest objectives.

If you want some fast chaos cavalry, Hellstriders or Seekers are far superior.

Also I've seen a lot of people in this thread who say they play in a GW store, so mantic is off the table for any of those anons

Thanks.

Pure Warherds, yes or no?

They're sub-par light cavalry. If they were Brayherd, the'd be okay-ish, but as is they don't benefit from allegiance, eat into your allies budget and can't be buffed.

Oh right, Britfags. I kind of pity them, if only because it really limits the amount of stuff they can do. I can't imagine ever wanting to solely lock myself down to only playing... what, two games? It's nice being able to play some X-Wing when you want, some Infinity, some KoW, some AoS, some 40k, some Warpath, some Warmahordes. Don't even play all of those games, but know folks that do and it lets you interact with a much larger group of hobbists and gamers alike who usually are pretty easy to convince to bleed over from one game to another.

Do you like having one unit, two monsters and one hero? If that's not too boring for you there's a lot to like about warherds: They're all fairly strong, fast and durable. Also, the army is easy to play.

Yes if you want to be pure warherds

They take fast turns which is important if you're a tourney player. Unlike fyreslayers.

I've never met a KoW hobbyist, or a Warmahordes hobbyist

I'm not convinced they're real

yeah you're right, only GW games are allowed to be played in the UK, everything else is banned outright, and FLGS and clubs don't exist.

And certainly no other countries have GW stores.

Moron.

Models in this unit may be Icon Bearers. Icon Bearers bear either a Damned Icon or a Tribal Banner.

Does it mean that I can have both Damned Icon and a Tribal Banner in my unit? I always thought that you are limited to have a one standard/icon bearer per unit

No other county is as bound by only being able to find GW stores to play in. In the states, most cities don't even have one, and if they do, they still are operated in opposition to FLGS which tend to get far more players even in GW games. I honestly didn't even realize my city has a GW until a year ago because all of the 40k gamers always play in one of two FLGS and all of the WHFB players played in one those as well. It's not that only GW games are allowed in the UK, but far more cities in the UK -- given what I've heard on this board -- just have a GW. Fuck off.

KoW hobbyists I have, if only because most of them are old WHFB hobbyists and Mantic loves people using dioramas and supports proxies. And when it's perfectly legal to just set up a kickin' display base instead of fiddling with blocks of infantry, people start getting creative and fun with their shit. And when you have factions like the Kingdoms of Men that are basically, "Use whatever historical or fantasy minis you want, we don't care," some people just go the lazy route but others dive headfirst into some really neat projects.

Warmahordes, though... yeah. I've honestly seen more "hobbysts" in our X-Wing community doing custom paintjobs and terrain than I have the Warmahordes dudes. Though one of the five professional painters at this little art studio / FLGS we have is actually primarily an ex-Warmahordes player? But nothing but fat metal minis and a relative indifference to custom terrain definitely puts it behind Infinity where people at least tend to go all out on good terrain to make for interesting tables.

The spookiest spook of all.
>$27 for a 4 part finecast model
>that looks this spectacular

Well I am one. Kinda. I build KoW armies from used Warhammerarmies I get from ebay.

Multibases are a blessing of the gods for building and painting.

>not even supporting mantic

dude, they need the money

I KNOW!

But their minitures are ...they suck for the most part. That said I like their trident kingdom and their abyssals. But I have 3 armies on my backlog. If I start one more project my GF will throw me to the abyss.
And by abyss I mean on the couch.

Okay, so question about the legacy shit and how it interacts with allies. You can only take 400 points of allies at 2k, and those Allies have to come from the allies listed for that Allegiance in the GHB. Some of these like the Greatcannon lack any Allegiance keywords at all, while others like the Screaming Skull Catapult have irrelevant keywords like Tomb Kings which aren't on anyone's allies list.

Does this mean these models cannot be run in any army that wants an Allegiance outside of the basic four?

Eh, they really don't. They make money hand over fist with the Kickstarters, and they've been racking in dough on the deal from the Walking Dead game. Plus, at least in my area, those newer armies are selling pretty nicely. And it's not hard to see why when they're pumping out stuff like the fishpeople, the new rotting wyrm, and this glorious fat fuck.

Yuuup. Multibasing is amazing, and really helps inspire some great shit.

The only army in KoW I don't really like are the Basilieans due to some of their oldest sculpts. Everything else I can dig at least 70% of the line, if not everything. Love the fuck out of their Abyssal Dwarves, Goblins, and Ogres.

>If I start one more project my GF will
Then talk her into the hobby mate. My is playing Aelves right now

they spend the kickstarter money on molds and machines and shit, they really aren't cutting profits on kickstarters

watch the dwarfanaut documentry on kickstarter

Fair enough, I can't really speak to their exact finances, but I can't imagine that they are still punching that much money into equipment at this point. I know back when they were doing Warzone, they were getting their production shit all finalized and ready after the misery they went through the their Goblins and China. Molds and the like cost money, but it seems like they've just been making fistfuls of cash.

>Does this mean these models cannot be run in any army that wants an Allegiance outside of the basic four?
Yes, obviously. What else could it possibly mean?
Basically, the long and the short of it is that compendium shit is fucked.

Most major cities and towns in the UK have a GW. They also have you know, cities around them, full of other shops and communities and clubs.

Is it not kind of totally fucking retarded to think people in the UK can only play in GW stores?

Can you not buy Chaos Forsaken anymore?

Theyve been gone for years.

Essentially compendium models are deemed so rare they're only fielded in loose warbands of the grand alliances

I never said people in the UK can only play in GW stores. I said that people in the UK are far more likely to only have a GW nearby as opposed to an independent FLGS.

Well, sucks shit for some and doesn't matter much for others, I guess. No Rattlebone army cares since its already generic Death, so it may as well snatch up some catapults, but the Greatcannon is kinda fucked. Especially since in one of the FAQ it straight up says that if you have an old Empire cannon that has human crew, you cannot use it as an Ironweld cannon since it must have duardin.

She doesn't mind me doing the hobby. She just puts a break on the backlog ...so no grey plastic mountains for me.

Working on a Legion of Zombies ...pic related

Very neat, eager to see how it turns out. And goddamnit, I just love the Mantic "crawling out of the grave" models for their Undead line.

something chivalrous this way comes

whoops forgot to resize

Well, new thread and that means it's time for everyone's least favorite repost. I think the custom Spiderfang allegiance is nearing the end of polish, though there's still a little work to be done.

Embodiment got gouged down to just being a re-roll while within 8" rather than either the original immunity ala the battalion or the rework which was a little too messy. And since the ability did get slashed apart, felt right to give them a trait that either plays with terrain or mobility given the nature of the army. Working on a means of blending the two with my preferred one up first and a variant in italics. The first is allows for a single unit to ambush out of a piece of terrain, while the second is more akin to using a piece of terrain as a webway portal.

Also in the works is a slightly nerfed version of the Command Trait Entangling Webs, with the boring version first and the slightly more interesting one up second.

The artifacts are done, with 5 and 6 no longer just copy-pasta from Destruction.

Happy to hear comments, complaints, and ideas.

Looking amazing, dude. Love this army.

What are some cheap armies?

Slaves to Darkness - Lord on Mount and 20 knights make you 1000pts army iirc. Also Nurgle Daemons and Seraphon are fine - you just have to buy 2x SC box and some hero

Vampire Lord on Zombie Dragon + Blood Knights is pretty low model count

>Blood Knights
>Cheap

What's the most accurate way to know the cost of my units and battalions? I notice differing point prices on Warscroll and my Battle Tome.

GHB2017

>I notice differing point prices on Warscroll and my Battle Tome
There are no point values on warscrolls and battletomes mate. If you need point cost then you have to download the General's Handbook 2017 or use the online list builder from OP

Dragon Princes of Caledor + Death Upgrade kit = Blood Knights

So is something like this the typical 2000 pt Rattlebone list? Gets the full Legion of Death with the discount on the max-size units of Skeleton Warriors. Left 250 points for Reinforcements summoned in by the Wight King's Sword of Unholy Power, and 240 allows for either 10 Knights, 15 Grave Guard, or 30 Skeleton Warriors.

This warscroll, warhammer-community.com/warscroll-builder/.
And in the back of my Battle Tome there's points for the models.

i'd question the wisdom on arming 40-strong skelly blobs with swords.

Summoning is kinda pointless here imo, probs better to just take another unit

if you convert blood knights from plastic dragon princes (most people just paint them red, so it's not even a conversion) they're the cheapest $/point ratio period

Or you could just put the remaining stuff right from the word go instead of fucking around with a relic or invest the points in some allies.
Also, blades in skeletons? Really?

It's been a few months, here's a test model before I work on fireglaives.

Yeah, this one
>And in the back of my Battle Tome there's points for the models
Wait, which battletome are you using?

Are you the same user that was posting his terrible chaos dwarves few months ago? If yes, I see a huge progres here

My bad, forgot to change the weapons on the warriors. Meant to be spears and shields.

I agree that the summoning is sort of pointless. I just wasn't sure if the ability to decide which of the three was coming in on the fly might be a bit useful, and none of the other artifacts really jumped out at me. Though now I realize that the Sword of Unholy Power probably is only capable of bringing in the minimum unit-sizes since it just succeeds but not on a particular number.

What would you recommend those 250 points go to in that case? Anything else in the Bonerattle army won't get able to sneak into the buffs provided by the Legion, so it's probably best to just dip somewhere else and snag something?

Disciples of Tzeentch, there's an entire page on Pitched Battle Profiles and points.

Oh fuck, I'm surprised. I have never seen the pitched battle profiles in battletomes. Anyway, use the GHB17 and Builder ones

honestly I'm not sold on the whole Legion of Death Battalion, it's too expensive for what it does imo

I'd say drop the battalion and get a wight king with the banner and another unit of 30 Skeletons or 10 Black Knights, or drop the battalion and 10 skellies to get a unit of Blood Knights

*drop the battalion and 10 skellies to get a wight king with banner + 5 blood knights

Yeah that's me

Soon

Can anyone explain why GW loves the word storm so much?

Good job then. Looks so much better. Also good to see you around here again

thanks user!

You sure? At least in theory, it seems pretty juicy if you keep your Wight King with Infernal Standard in the middle of the mosh. The one free model back is small, but getting back 1d3+1 Knights or Guard and 1d6+1 Warriors is at least something, when combined with the already stupid durability of Deathless Minions + Ruler of the Knight + Infernal Standard. And the ability get that a free 4" move on everything within 9" as well as the Wight King just seems like a great way to deal with no using Danse Macabre.

Is Three Wight Kings too many, though? Guessing it's one with Axe, one with Banner and the third... with Shield? Or just another Banner so they can both move without having to set the banner up?

Black Knights are just tarpits, right? Not really seeing them accomplishing much more than that.

And is there a good proxy for that Wight King with the Black Axe that doesn't look quite so much like a fat barbarian? I love the Tomb Blade model, and I'd ideally like something a little more medieval.

Their skeletons are okay. If you don't like their heads you can just swap them with the GW one from the GW skeleton sprue.

Does anybody else find Battalion requirements annoying? I feel like I'm losing out on not taking them, yet at the same time I don't like losing sovereignty on my own force organization.

Right I forgot the banner doesn't show up in the warscroll builder, scratch getting another wight king then.
250pts left is so annoying because you're 10 points short of a unit of 5 Blood Knights (who are still hard bastards).

Yeah, they scrapped the banner, like assholes.

I run clanrats in 40 man blobs with spears

spears are good

Yes, but they also have far more clubs than americans, which have almost no clubs to speak of and have to go to stinky LGSs dominated by card gamers and bronies so the owner can turn a profit to find tables and play with some random schmuck they don't even hit the pub with later.

Fair, which is why I completely forget of their existence. I still don't fully understand how they function. And that's a bit of an exaggeration on the part of FLGSs. Some are certainly like that, and 90% do have to focus on milking teenagers of Yugioh and Magic money, but most of the stores that I've been to and played at had pretty solid communities of wargamers that did hang out away from the tables. I play Shadowrun with my Infinity group, and actually do hit the bar with one of those guys fairly regularly.

SC (new) and Kharadrons also have points, at the very least. Same with BoK.

all the battletome numbers are invalid currently

Does not change the fact those costs are there, if user doesn't care about GH2017 and playing competitively.