>How to Moldlines
youtube.com/watch?v=A4LZ8iCSkeU

>Fuckin Magnets how do they work?
youtube.com/watch?v=w8Tkw7ttTIo
miniwargaming.com/magnet-guide
bolterandchainsword.com/topic/297605-tutorial-magnetisation/

>List of mini manufacturers for converting and proxy
pastebin.com/p6bVhGsg

>Stripping Paint (yes, the ellipses are part of the URL!)
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Dakka_Modeling_FAQ:_How_to_Strip...

>Priming With Acrylic Gesso
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Priming_With_Acrylic_Gesso

>Green Stuff Casting
fromthewarp.blogspot.com/2011/11/molding-and-casting-shoulderpads.html
masteroftheforge.com/2012/05/21/rubber-molds-green-stuff/
masteroftheforge.com/2012/07/17/green-stuff-cast-shoulder-pad/

>On the consequences of insufficient ventilation
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chronic_solvent-induced_encephalopathy
hse.gov.uk/pubns/indg273.pdf

>Reinforcements are en route
youtube.com/watch?v=UID6LEzvRRo

>Previous Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

puppetswar.eu/product.php?id_product=557
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

feelio when doing good but I spill my spaghetti when I try to apply metallic trim and it looks like ass

Theres a bit of progress on my Novamarine agressor. Still need to clean him up and highlight, but as a low tier painter, Im happy with the result so far

Last thread someone asked to see my Apprentice from a couple different angles.

I realized the shot I showed is from the same angle that all the photos on Reaper's website are.

Here are a couple other viewpoints.

Sick. Thank you kindly

Multiple thin layers.

How do you find the motivation to stay on task with painting projects, /wip/? I've been slowly working on the same dragonborn mini for my D&D campaign for weeks. It isn't that difficult, I just go like a week without touching it.

I have the base coat all done and touched up now, with a little bit of the shading done, so the rest should go quite a bit faster. A recess shade on the armor, then highlights on everything.

I keep myself motivated by looking at the progress I make and feeling good about it.
I've been paiting a leviathan for about three weeks now maybe doing an hour or two a night and snapping pictures, it's great watching it slowly come together.

I hate photographing my minis while they're WIP. They look so bad up until the highlights start going on after the wash.

For me it's usually about an end goal.

I want to play a game, so I need a force to do it.

I don't let myself play with unpainted miniatures so if I want to play, gotta paint.

Also just helps if the miniature you should be working on is one that you really really like. If you don't feel motivated to paint it, find a model that makes you WANT to paint it.

Looks pretty good to me.

Your gold could use a bit of a shade before highlighting it, and maybe hit the whole thing with some very light dry brushing to pick out some edges of the blue and off white.

Those couple things and some basing and he'll look pretty awesome (Nova Marine pattern is very cool, kudos for rolling with it.).

I also hate working on one model for a longer period, so i always have 2-3 projects going on simultaneously and I alternate between them. I find motivation by visualizing finished model.

>For me it's usually about an end goal.
Yeah, I would have had this one done quite a while ago, but our campaign sessions have been repeatedly delayed because of schedule issues, right when I've been ready to dive in to get it finished on time.
>Also just helps if the miniature you should be working on is one that you really really like.
Yeah, that's another issue with this one. I'm not a big fan of this particular miniature. I like the armor, but the sword is weird and the face has terrible detail, and it's just kind of a weird sculpt. But I want all the players to have a custom-painted miniature of their own for their character, and I couldn't find anything I liked better.

When I get done with some other projects and get to the ogres I have ready to go, those projects should go pretty quickly.

Working on second warden king, looking forward to painting it, contemplating how to go about doing the text in his grudge book...

>contemplating how to go about doing the text in his grudge book...
look into micro pens, they're great for this kind of thing.

Learning to do it with a brush is better IMO and not even that hard.

Magnetized my infantry. Turned out okay, except that I can't actually pack them in base contact with each other. 25mm bases, 5x2mm N42 magnets. They're as straight up and down as they can possibly get, with the exception of one that I have to redo. But for whatever reason they repel each other horizontally, leaving anywhere from 2mm to 10mm+ between bases. When they're attached to their metal storage tray they stay in contact, of course.

Any tips on how to correct them? The bases themselves are already painted/flocked, so I'd rather not do anything that'll damage the top. Not sure how I could safely get the magnets off at this point, either.

Now that I think of it, I might have forgot to shade the gold.

Never tried drybrushing, but I might just consider it.

And aye. I love me some Novamarines

Why is it better?
Not that user, but I was thinking about doing writing with a thin pen on purity seals, scrolls and so on.

liking the progress seen so far, looking forward to seeing the blue highlighted

chest eagle looks like it could do with a wash of agrax imo

Guy with the dwarf, I should of said it in the post but going about actually writing dwarf runes (like pic related) or just scribble like how people do purity seals

Motivate me guys, I have some work left to do for armies on parade, an entire dark imperium box to put together, half of the sigmar guys and all of the chaos from the AOS box to paint. The backlog is real.

You don't even know what backlog is.

Reposting from last thread. Gave my third kasrkin sergeant a shemagh headwrapthingy to cover his baldness.

I'm jealous of his 'backlog' though

Also doing some mixed order KO to go with an ironweld arsonal army I'm doing, helmetless (semi) arkanauts and artillery crew

It is well done. Just don't paint it black.

I have to agree with My list to do is:
- SM scouts
- Tau pathfinders
- Sternguard Veterans
- 4 of 5 Terminators + Captain
- Scout bikes
- Company Command
- Dire Avengers
- Land Speeder
- Tau Commander
- Cadre Fireblade
- First Strike box
- Rhino
- xv25 stealth battlesuit
- SM Assault squad
- Tau Pirhana
- Tau Ghostkeel
- Tau Broadside
- Eldar Farseer

Fuck my life, but buying the boxes and imagining how will they look like when they're done is stronger than the need to paint them.

And I'd love to get a another Fire Warriors and Tactical Marines box...

No worries not going to. Im thinking of either khaki or dark red.

What are YOU working on?

>backlog is a couple of boxsets
You know nothing of having a backlog.

Waiting for a replacement brush to paint Krieg
Putting Paladins together tomorrow
Trying to fix these damn magnets

partially assembling a midget marine getting started kit. Just got the dreadnought and caption left to get cut out and trimmed. Gonna prime them all tomorrow and work on bases

still working on this guy, painting an arm at the moment.

Necromancer Warband Update

It's the Necromancer himself!

With the leader done I could technically start playing with the force immediately, but I've still got my Thief and Treasure Hunter to go before the entire first wave of stuff I ordered from Reaper is finished.

Luckily they're small dudes and I can probably bang both out tomorrow afternoon.

Then it's just fun extras I got that look cool as alternates and advanced troops.

Also if we're talking backlogs, just in line of sight I've got:

-Dark Souls The Board Game
-Kingdom Death: Monster
-Infinity Operation Red Veil and Beyond Red Veil
-Infinity Operation Icestorm and Beyond Icestorm
-Space Hulk

And those are just the boxed sets, I've got about two dozen kits on shelves behind me and several boxes of models I found at Goodwill and the like. Pretty sure at my current pace of a model or two a day it's going to take me a couple years to get through it all.

Here's a behind shot of the Necromancer. I like to think his cloak is the old, dried, cracked skin of some poor schmuck that wander down the wrong alley.

Aw shit I recognize that figure. God damn, I love beardy wizardy dudes. Plenty of people on Veeky Forums go for "original" looking wizards, but to me old school only school.

Anyone tried the paint app yet?

OK, I took the next step, applying the recess shade to the dragonborn's armor. A little bit of highlighting and finishing touches, and I'm done.

These are my Thief and Treasure Hunter. I base coated and did a bit of zenith highlighting that you can't really see in the photo. I think I'm going to do some OSL off of the lantern, and maybe do a bit of a blood effect on the shovel.

Maybe when he was grave robbing he found someone who was mistakenly buried alive and decided that they were already in the ground and probably shouldn't be moving (missing the obvious irony).

Also just a good mascot-like reminder that my entire Warband is from Reaper.

I'm really digging your necromancer warband. The ONLY thing I would recommend would probably throw in a skull or 2 on the base so if the big majestic beard isn't a clear message to not fuck with this guy, the skulls will.

It doesn't do anything useful.

Minotaurs captain in gravis armor. Starting to regret going a cream color for the interior of the cloak, not sure it'll work well with the rest of the armor when it's done.

Thanks for the suggestion!

I was thinking of doing a little skull pile on the Necromancer's base but I kind of like how his little catalyst/phial of necromancer juices or whatever and the snow are the focal points of his lower half. I feel like if I put a random skull or two it'd take away from those details.

Also random skulls tend not to be strewn about without the rest of the body it belongs to, unless the miniature happens to be from a Games Workshop game.

Been waiting to do this for a couple weeks! Posting my progress in the threads has been a really good motivator.

Just gotta finish the last couple of guys and I'm going to whip out my light box for some real photos, just feels good to see this many of them done.

looks really nice, I love seeing non traditional frostgrave crews

Looks great!

WIP so far on my Necron Lord. Feels like it needs more gold.

Paint the orb like a basketball

WE
WUZ

i think the green is a bit too yellowy at he moment and it's kind of lost on the gold

Just a bit. I may go over it again with Waywatcher Green a few times.

Fuck, i didn't even think about that

7/10 made me laugh

>What are YOU working on?

Trying to get all the red down on these Hellblasters and an Intercessor sergeant ... then I'll come back and do all the black parts.

Maybe paint it like parchment. Check the Citadel Painting app for the colours for it, it might look good

Uffda that boy has seen some better days. Love your scarring work.

PaintRack is superior, even if it wasn't brand agnostic.

Still working on this guy

Hmmm not a bad idea actually. I'll definetly look into that, thanks for the idea!

>mold lines
So what happened to his arm?

Print out a picture of charles barkley to glue onto the head.

your build actually really got me into Frostgrave.

So looking do some conversion work for another 40k army. Either thinking of doing black dragon space marines or maybe feral orcs. Can't choose. What would you guys think would be cooler to see on the tabletop.

Feral Orks.
Complete with Feral vehicles. Make it work.

Make the wheels square.

not sure it was in the dev box so i am assuming its a replacement for a amputated arm.

yea in my haste to paint i forgot to check his arm lol.

he said feral, not Canadian

There's a difference?

How does this color scheme work for Tyranids?

Listen here, guy.

Not your guy, friend.

deffkoptas made out of a bunch of birds on string.

too dark, also your colors are flat as fuck. It needs shading and highlights. You also missed a bunch of details like the hoses and fleshy bits on the arm

highlight dark blue with a lighter blue, or just use a lighter blue. Similarly highlight swords with a lighter red.

I'm not your friend, buddy.

I know, it's a prototype color scheme not the finished product. I'm asking if the blue carapace/black body/red weapons scheme works.

youre going to want a brighter blue then, it really lacks contrast

I'm not your buddy, guy.

trucking along on the morkanaut

[muffled yelling]
I'm not your guy, friend.

whoops, wrong pic

coming along nicely

Just my personal experience having used both is that you have much more control with a brush than a pen. Not just in size and colour (since you can use any brush and any paint you want) but also just in general physical performance. A brush doesn't need even a fraction of the pressure or drag that a pen does so you can be much neater and you don't have to worry about the pen having issues with the surface you're trying to write on.

As an aside, dark brown generally looks better for writing on scrolls/purity seals than black.
>t. person who has painted SoB exorcists

Add more details like light blue streaks or spots on the armour. Try to make more interesting. Now it looks kinda flat and meh. Also highlights man.

Some big ass monsters as trukks and battle wagons and shit.

Those guns need to be drilled mang.

You could probably get some decal paper, do whatever design you like in photoshop and print it as a decal to stick on there.

Does anyone know if a company makes helmets like the ones in pic related? I'm not very good with 3rd party or recaster knowledge.

Trying out airbrush for the first time, messed up my grey shading by going too heavy with the green, but the paint is nice and even at least

Un-cropped for anyone interested in the whole art piece.

So I was thinking satin varnish finish with a bid of 'Ardcoat for special bits like lenses/gems.
Anything to watch out for?
And, should I apply satin first then 'Ard or vice versa, in case of accidental bit of overlap.

I have a lot to do... So far I've base coated 2 night lords... A week ago...

Free hand hawk Lord chapter insignia or succumb to the ultramarines?

Anyone lost chapter organizations (alternate color schemes) or anything?

puppetswar.eu/product.php?id_product=557
this is as close as I can think of. they sell crests on the site too

LOTR Mumakil as a battlewagon would be a great center piece.

>so if it's a Mumakil why does it have Hull Points?
>because the orks believe it does.

>no use crying over spilled nuln oil edition

"Hey you know those bottles that tip over easy lets make them taller!"

Also finished the rest of the knight whose chassis I posted a few threads back.

So after about a 6 year break i'm back into the game, how are my Tin-fuckers doin?

this is beyond insane