Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

Big Bugs Edition:
>Previous Thread
>Daily Duncan
youtube.com/watch?v=asu5OuAckIE

>GW FAQ (1.1):
games-workshop.com/en-US/Rules-Errata

>FW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/15/new-and-updated-forge-world-faqs-july16gw-homepage-post-2/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Thanks Chart-user!)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=efMsWE8Uz4s
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

first for source

I like big bugs and I cannot lie

Which army is less expensive, Nids or Admech?

Hordes tend to be the priciest when considering army costs

You can simmer after disembarking.

I think that artwork is from the Wrath of Magnus campaign book.

Depends. Hordes or big bugs for Nids?

If I'm going to go nids, I'll probably getting 30 genestealers with a broodlord, and 30 termagaunts and a Tervigon, with some bigger bugs as supports.

>when you go to start a new army and buy and paint your first unit and suddenly you don't want to start that army

What was it?

>harlequin skyweavers have 22" movement
>roughly 33' movement with a shadowseer casting path of twilight on them
>move them within 7 inches of enemy commisar
>corsair cloud dancers can field 9 darklances
>during psychic phase, can be targeted by word of the phoenix
>since it's the psychic phase, and not the shooting phase, they can target characters.
>can split fire, aiming 2 or 3 dark lances at each enemy commissar
>kill commissar that skyweavers are near
>this triggers soulburst
>they shoot any leftover commisars
>move to shooting phase and shoot even more.

Where where you when eldar saved us from hordehammer?

Admech is probably somewhat cheaper then, but not by too much.

How do land raiders fare vs necrons? I need something to run my assault units up

Why does no one ever take tyranid warriors, 3W each with a heavy bolter and 4 power weapon attacks seems really good for 32 pts.

Tau
I wanted to do a piranha spam list but I'm not feeling it so much anymore.
I love piranhas and the model but I hate nearly everything else about tau now for some reason

posting from old thread

I'm making my first army for 1500 point play, mostly infantry and I have ultramarine CT.

This is what the list looks like, what do you think?

Battalion detachment
HQ
Capt in Gravis armor with armor indomitus
Tigurius (warlord)

Troops
5 man sniper scout squad
6 man tac squad with combi-plas/plasmagun
10 man intercessor squad w/ bolt rifles and 2x grenade launcher (combat squadded)

DT
Assault cannon razorback
Repulsor (I can give loadout if desired)

Vanguard Detachment
HQ
Primaris Lt. w/ stalker bolt rifle (goes with intercessors)
Primaris Lt w/ Power sword (goes in repulsor)

Elites
Aggressor Squad (repulsor)
Apothecary (with intercessors)
Primaris Ancient (with warlord / intercessors)
Primaris Apothecary (repulsor)

I hope I laid it out well enough, I am at 1444 points.

The local store has a houserule of 'Until you get your codex, use an existing subfaction bonus from another codex'

Which ones would be fluffy/fun for SOB, do you think? I'm tempted by -1 to hit outside of 12" and fluffing it as censers and lots of smoky perfume filling the air. I mean, I have them modelled on basically every single Sister Superior back when Holy Braziers were a weapon.

Mars, double up on canticles of the omnisiah for your sisters.

Fucking hilariously. Aside from maybe a rare Heat Cannon, virtually nothing is capable of pulling away more than 1-2 wounds a turn. I fought them taking one for lols and it one-shotted a triarch with lascannons, mulched through a few warriors with heavy bolters, and gave my honor guard and friends somewhere to run free.

Salamanders as mini acts of faith.

I've not actually looked at the Admech ones so far (Just the marine ones). I suppose I should grab that PDF some time.

>since it's the psychic phase, and not the shooting phase, they can target characters.
Come on, that's skubby.

Unstoppable.
Necrons are trash, and land raiders are tough as fuck.

Dope im gonna slap some death company in one with corbubro

I've asked around and googled, people seem to think that's the correct ruling, since other quirks of the shooting/fight phase don't transfer to out of sequence actions.

how the fuck do I paint lamenters with an airbrush. I either thin the yellow too much and its a wash, or I put too little thinner in and it chunks paint and gets jammed. Thinking of just painting them like death company with checkered shoulders someone help.

Get a banner in there, user.

Salamander/Ultramarines/Imperial Fists all would work very well. Flamecraft and Bolter Drill Strategems are mean.

What's the most recent model you bought, /40kg/? No matter how long ago it was.

Did you make it yet? Paint it? Why'd you get it?

termagaunts off ebay.For the horde nid list that i will never actually build

What paints are you using? Sounds like you need an airbrush paint like vallejo.
Are you using isipropyl alcohol to thin paints? That worked best for me using P3.

it may be skubby but it's also the correct ruling and GW has made no attempt to fix it so it might be intentional.
Maybe the shooting phase is too chaotic to target characters but other phases give certain units the opportunity as though tyhey were snipers.
Currently I only know of the example already listed and Noise Marines doing it though.

Homogaunrs

I'm using vallejo sun orange and I tried thinning with water instead

is GW aware of it?

Try 70 alcohol. What airbrush?

That FW TSon Praetor

Bought the start collecting Necrons set. Built the warrior and scarab squads so far, just started on the stalker. I'm not a fan of the stalker's cockpit, not sure if I want to try to change it.
Sorry for the shitty phone camera

just a cheap piece of shit starter siphon airbrush to learn with

Well that was memey as fuck

sc tau

rerolling charges or rerolling 1 die in that charge makes for a slightly below 50 perecent chance of making a 9 inch charge?

the redemptor dread. Mostly finished building it, waiting for tommorow when an order of magnets gets so I can magnetize it. In the process of painting, just in parts.
I got it because I wanted to add more primaris stuff to my marines, and because I unironically like the design, even though most people seem to hate it. I named it eddie, because all my other dreads have a name that ends with -ie, and the design reminds me of the OG eddie dreadnought, especially the fat round body. [/spoiler}

The airbrush probably the problem. I use a renegade krome, which is okay. Used CK Studios Sotar, and, it made me a eliever.
What compressor, what psi?

You know what, I'm not actually certain anymore, it seems pretty obvious to me since the character targeting rule specifies the shooting phase.
They even stated Overwatch can target characters in one of the FAQ's because it's not the shooting phase.
I can't be certain if it's intentional or an oversight that's why I said it might be intentional.

just a generic compressor around 30 psi

Voidraven Bomber. I'm panicking as to how I'm going to transport the damn thing, the foam trays I buy will not hold it since it's got a GARGANTUAN wingspan.

Got Magnus for a friend.

For myself, I grabbed an Exocrine to handle enemy flyers if I don't feel like running my Harpy.

Hey, is there any canon artwork of Space Marines outside of their power armour? Especially next to normal humans? I wonder about proportions.

Ohhhh. Thats the problem. Your psi is too high. I over shot ny whole first day of class, at 30 psi.
user, turn it down to 15, 10 for detail, small work.

Gauranteed, you will see a difference.

>They even stated Overwatch can target characters in one of the FAQ's because it's not the shooting phase.
I would assume that's because the OW rules state that OW is resolved exactly like shooting is, and because of that a RAW interpretation would mean that you can't shoot overwatch at a charging character unless they are the closest model.

Two repulsors ready for some repulsan

shieeet alright, thanks m8

I bought Morty and he is not assembled yet. I've been busy painting a few models I have left like a Lord of Contagion. I still have a massive backlog but I'll build him after I'm done building some Plague Drones I think and I got him just because I dig the new Death Guard stuff and figured ah sure.

Oops pic related

You should notice hell of a difference and control.

death guard epub when

Yes, which was a problem with how they worded Overwatch, but since they intended you to be able to target characters and the other shooting attacks, such as Music of the Apocalypse are worded differently RAW you can.
I don't know for certain if it's intentional but given how situational it is anyway I wouldn't say it's too big of a deal.
You still can't fire into melee since that's a rule of the guns themselves, but characters specify during the shooting phase.
For all I know GW really haven't noticed or it's getting fixed in the Chapter Approved like objective secured, first turn going to the smaller army, and the new build-a-land-raider rules.

I live in rural Australia, user. I've seen worse, and they had boyfriends.

Swarmlord for my new Tyranids and Khorne Berzerkers for my Black Legion.

>mfw Chapter Approved will let me turn the Repulsor into whatever the fuck I want

New main battle tank incoming, its going to be fucking sick!. I hope GW starts selling weapon options.

What's wrong with that ahegao picture? Her hands are right, and the blush marks, but her tongue isn't out

>download Citadel paint app
>looking through models
>Kabalite Warrior
>emerald green
>basecoat Waaagh! Flesh (seriously?)
>LAYER Warpstone Glow???
>shade with Nuln Oil
>edge highlight Moot Green
>Rubric Marine
>teal
>basecoat Stegadon Scale Green
>shade Coelia Greenshade
>layer Sotek Green
>edge highlight Temple Guard Blue
wtf is wrong with the people who put this together? Dark Eldar and Thousand Sons have their own special paint line... I just don't fucking get it

Post chaos spawn.

What would you be referring to? The relic banner for the ancient?

Last thing I bought was a leviathan last month, slowly painting it up while the rest of my army sits there unassembled.
Much prefer the big centerpiece type models than normal rank and file guys

I wanna build an Old One Eye list.

I hope they get new models soon.

>go through models
>no orks
SHIT
APP

I mean
I just use the guys in the middle as my spawn

rerolling both:
47.83%

rerolling 1,
63%.

Me too, though I do like the look of the current ones. Kinda grew on me.
Thinking of picking up two boxes so I can make two for my Sons and use the other two to make spawn that fit my buddies' armies for when I use things like gift of Chaos on their characters.
How does the Ogroid model look in person, user? Was thinking of using it as a Tzeentch chaos spawn, given how cool it looks plus the base size matching.

so the question I have, for Veeky Forums at large:

If a player made an out of shooting phase shooting attack, and targeted one of your characters that he would otherwise be unable to target, would you allow it?

Gonna have to explain that question.

How does it look? It looks like the model

What did he mean by that?

But notice how the new Death Guard paint is listed. lol

ok upon further inspection i noticed that the emerald green on the DE warrior was for the drug tube on his shoulder pad, and they actually do have the correct armor colors on there.
The rubric marine is still fucked tho

Ancient, relic if you can

You're surprised?

GW has all but squatted Orks.

Yeah, they'll keep making the models they already have, but Orks won't get any new models in the foreseeable future.

Fuck no.

I was asking if you thought it looks nice, silly user.

what is your reasoning?

Huh, really? Where did you hear that? I had heard from someone that they might get new stuff this codex, but i assume that is a rumor

Of course I would, I've done it with my Noise Marines it'd be hypocritical not to.
Also LGS owner/judge agreed with the ruling as it currently is and no one has complained outside some minor confusion the first time I brought it up.
Why do you cheat?

I assume anything that says 'shoot as if it were the shooting phase' (or equivalent) has the Character rule (and other shooting phase rules) active. Otherwise it's either overwatch or due to some special rule with its own restrictions.

It means that HH series is almost done, and soon we can put that entire mess behind us and act like it never happened apart from a couple of books, except when Carnac brings it up to defend his delusional chaos wankery

>hey can I break the rules as also break the rules super hard on top of that?
no
>why?
C'mon man

Oh yes, wonderful model
Already own a heavily converted Tz DP.
But I liked to use him as King of the Spawn in 7th when they were obscene

The DE one is hilariously bad. I've almost nailed their recipe, though I can't find what color is on the very tips of the armor that looks almost bone colored(pic related). The skin color one is terrible, too.

Their actual recipe seems to be:
>Black Armor
>THICC Highlight of Incubi Darkness
>Slightly more regular highlight of Kabalite Green
>Even finer highlight of Sybarite Green
>Gauss Flayer Green highlights towards sharp edges
>and mystery color at the very tips

Oh thank god.

Forgot to add that they wash with Coelia greenshade before Kabalite Green

Goddamn gypsy fucks not making Powerfists an option for Blightlord Terminators. I knew it was coming when 1k Sons termis got fucked being forced into swords, but now Death Guard too? Just fuck my whole army up.

What do they use to get that pallid flesh tone?

Probably White Scar or Ulthuan Gray, potentially mixed with some other color.

I don't know about the Dark Eldar power from earlier but Noise Marines Music of the Apocalypse states "make a shooting attack after the model that killed it finishes resolving it's attacks" and does have different restrictions.
The Character being unable to be targeted is a caveat of the shooting phase and is not a rule that applies to characters at all times, thus Overwatch, psychic powers, and shooting attacks made out of sequence can target characters.

I used this one and found it much closer.
youtube.com/watch?v=efMsWE8Uz4s

You can change out the Reikland for just about any other wash to adjust the tint of the skin.

The thing is the shooting phase doesn't have that rule. Only characters do. So I don't know.

I wish GW would hire WotC as rules consultants, this conversational english rule structure only makes things more confusing for everyone.

Yeah, just like AdMech got new stuff.

If it's not a variety of Space Marine GW doesn't give a shit.