How do you handle STD in your settings? Which ones would be more common? Which ones would be the most deadly?

How do you handle STD in your settings? Which ones would be more common? Which ones would be the most deadly?

Other urls found in this thread:

wiki.smutosaur.us/TiTS/SSTD
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I mostly run modern day games with a college setting as a way of binding the characters together, so STD's are a real threat, though the bulk of them are more inconvenience than life-threatening.

>How do you handle STD in your settings?
Fuck with someone who's been around, you have a percentile chance based on how much said person has been around.

>Which ones would be more common?
Chlamydia and herpes.

>Which ones would be the most deadly?
Syphilis.

Goblin crotch-rot. Always a classic.

Spend a spell slot on Cure Disease, then get back to the planned dungeon-crawl.

My ground won't play anything except DnD, please help me.

Don't see how that would be an issue, who would want to fuck goblins?

Make magic-resistant diseases.

>How do you handle STD in your settings?
I don't, because that's not an exciting focus for a game about adventuring.

someone who lives in a world with goblin females of the shortstack variety, most likely

They should consider taking a few levels of paladin then.

This just reminds me that I haven't really decided if I want diseases to be a real thing or if I want them to be the depredations of malign spirits, because the latter seems kinda neat and I think might be a thing real people believed at some point in history. I guess STDs must either have to do with really perverted demons or really prudish demons.

Just do a little bit of both. Having a secret coven of the Plague Lady in your little village is a good way to get the plague, but also not burning or effectively destroying plague corpses will spread the disease in a natural way.

STDs give our parties healer a steady income in every harbour city we travel through. so far none of her patiens have died, so nothing too bad. just try to steer clear of the flesh eating worms.

Effective minefields to stop players from whoring.

>play character that is immune to mundane disease and super resistant to supernatural disease
>get supernatural std on the third session
>only person to get any sort of disease so far
At least I have another character goal now, to get rid of my magical wolf syphilis.

Do you get that from magical wolves?

Matter of perspective, I guess.
But as far as I'm concerned, she's a bitch either way.

Diseases play a big part of the campaign, but stds are mostly nonexistant except for the burning death which is as unpleasant as it sounds. Still, only the lowest of the low whores would have it.

Mostly my players are terrified of the goblin pox or orc shingles.

Why would you want to do that? Drinking, feasting, and whoring are literally the point of risking life and limb adventuring in the first place.

>dire AIDS

>Which ones would be the most deadly?

of course the real nasty and invidious ones are things like Kobold Bulb, the Prickle Berries, Muck Root, Quarry Bush, Bloated Tuber, Sliver Barbs, Elephant-Head Amaranth, Goblin Cap, Tunnel Tube and probably worst of all: Glumprong.

It hasn't come up.

Elaborate, user.

wiki.smutosaur.us/TiTS/SSTD

Like curses and actual magical diseases?
Those propagate differently.