RESOURCES

RESOURCES

>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.
tappedout.net

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the the internet.
edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.
manabasecrafter.com/

CARD SEARCH

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface.
magiccards.info/

Thread Question: What's your hypest Ixalan commander card?

Other urls found in this thread:

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/sudoku-boys/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/chandra-09032017/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

First for waifus a shit.

I'm digging flavorful draw for my Edgar Markov

Admiral Beckett Brass
Still tuning my plan, needs more draw.

Vona
>Gives B/W lifegain a death ray
>Enables B/W vampire shenanigans
sign me the fuck up

So I havent seen anything Magic related save for Ixalan spoilers since Eldritch Moon. Havs I missed anything cool?

Well you skipped 2 whole sets and commander decks. "Cool" depands on what are you running?

/thread

My bad, should have been more clear.
What staples have come out? Anything really powerful for commander, strictly better versions of popular cards, commanders that are seeing a lot of play, etc. General meta stuff, I suppose.

A resources thread huh? Man those resources are shit for Modern.

Vampires are not looking that great right now sadly. I love the look.

Check out Hour of Devastation gods and few of the new legends from commander 2017(check out teferi's protection card). Also number of format staples has been reprinted as Masterpices(or whatever they are called) but they are few and far between.

Also Rashmi from Kaladesh seems to be doing good for herself. Thats of the top of my head

Pic related, needed for my Selenia Seppuku deck. I need 4 cuts currently for my meme deck, but feedback n things i may be missing is appreciated. I can't wait to fuck around with people's life totals.
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/sudoku-boys/

>tfw the aggro deck is run by the only guy in the group.who doesn't like you and you know he's about to kill you early so you fucking obliterate the board state he best you can to ruin everyone else's combos
The best feeling is watching people build up shit feeling safe watching my life drop and then I just take away their toys before I'm bullied out of existence.

Gj killing thread links

bet you like the bullying dont you slut?

Just pulled this in a Aether Revolt booster today. Pretty excited.

Think it'll be fun to use in some kind of deck.

Not sure if I should just sell it though.
Are Kaladesh Inventions legal in standard by the way?

Forgot to add. I think it might be fun to use in my Breya or Atraxa deck

>Are Kaladesh Inventions legal in standard by the way?

They are legal in formats base card is legal i.e. Locust God Invocation is legal in standard, Senseis top is not

sell it and get a regular version you dope

only bling out your main

PREVIOUS THREAD: Lack of edition can be excused.

My hype for Ixalan is probably Revel in Riches.

I already have a regular version hehe. This one's pretty cool though

Hour of Devastation had some really good cards for edh in Ramunap Excavator, Mirrage Mirror, Neheb the Eternal, Razaketh, and the three insect gods.

We had a bunch of edh staples reprinted in Eternal Masters, Modern Masters 2017, Conspiracy 2 and soon Iconic Masters.

Another bunch of staples got reprinted as masterpieces in Kaladesh and Amonkhet blocks.

2016 precons were hype. All of the main commanders are pretty powerful. The partner commanders were way better than expected. Everyone went crazy for the Atraxa one to build superfriends.

Paradox Engine is degenerate.

as foretold can cast your commander from command zone over and over for free when it gets to counters it needs

>tq
Probably the "transform into lands" cards. If you mean as a commander per se, then none of them really catched my attention, since I'm not a fan of either vampires, pirates, or dinosaurs.

I'd rather play a 4 player FFA properly then soak most of the removal or get rushed down by two players who always work together at the beginning. I need to get some more cards to deal with mass and huge creatures but I'm 2poor at the moment.

What's your pet deck, /edh/? Pic related, dragon tribal with stupid amounts of ramp, draw, and free creatures. I was thinking about fusing it and the Ur Dragon deck. Is his deck any good?

>2016 precons were hype
I miss that hype, partners were pretty cool concept, since none of them would make a strong commander by itself.
Experience counters were also a neat way of scaling your commander, so that helps preventing the game from dragging on.

White won't give you much in terms of dragons, but it has the changelings.
Black has some good dragons, but the manabase for a 5 color deck is much more expensive, so you gotta weight it out.

Looked at the decklist for Ur Dragon. The mana base in there didn't look too bad what's thr problem with it?

the problem is that most of the lands come into play tapped.

It's too slow for a deck that is already slow. So it basically depends on how much pity the other players had on you until the time you start casting your dragons. Having better lands, and lands that doesn't enters tapped helps a lot, especially since a lot of the dragons requires doubles, 2 doubles, or even triples of a single mana type.

Theres a surprising amount of not pirates/dinosaurs i want in this set. That dowsing dagger, flying men, sunwing for starters

The flying men are pirates.

>Swordsing your own creatures
#JustKarlovThings

Profit!

As someone who owns all the key parts Kalov needs, can you sell me on him? He seems like a kinda boring Voltron commander honestly.

what a baby

>Running Red

Anyone have suggestions for ways of designating token copies, fake eternalize, real eternalize, embalm? My deck's board state is getting hard to represent.

have you tried using tokens? wizards made them for a reason

The thing I've found about Karlov is that even if your main goal is Voltron, he works well with so many midrange and slow grindy cards that you might not end up needing him. If your opponents stop you from slapping them with Karlov then you've still got Divinity of Pride and Serra Ascendant to slap them around, and stuff like Phyrexian Arena to keep drawing. If you can't outvalue them, slow the game down yourself, and pull off 40 extort triggers. Or just find your Bond/Vamp/Mage+Blood Combo and win the game on the spot.

not!Gaea's Cradle, not!Maze of Ith, graveyard Fact or Fiction and mass Path to Exile have me hyped

I have the tokens. But they don't work for fakeeternalize per God Pharoah's Gift, especially when you use it on something that has Eternalize.

And they certainly don't work for say, Rite of Replication. Any cool ideas?

Thing is they (quite naturally) couldn't make any tokens for Scarab God's ability to clone copy basically anything. They did have the punch-out markers, though, which I guess is a solution (along with swankier versions made by 3rd parties) since Scarab God exiles the card and you're unlikely to need the original back while the token is operating. Of course, that's foiled if you're using Scarab God+Eldrazi Processors or anything that makes a clone copy sort of token without exiling the original, or that makes more than one such token even if it does exile.

Might I suggest advert cards and post-it notes? Of 3rd party custom tokens for "Copy" or "Clone" and post-its if you're feeling like you want something fancier.

I'm leaning towards custom little things like this, but I am trying to decide what I would want them to say. For legit embalmed and eternalized, I don't need chits. But nothing online says "fake eternalize" or "eternalized but has mana cost".

I kind of want like a little whiteboard card for copies of Eternal Witness.

keep a stack of sticky notes and draw them on the spot or use index cards

Can y'all find me a cut for Ugin and the new Double Damage Pirate?

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/chandra-09032017/

1) There are only 86 cards there what are you doing?
2) The 14 missing cards should be land. I'm gonna assume they're land
3) This seems a heavy flavor deck, do you really want something possessed by another PW (Double damage pirate is "Angrath's Marauders")?
4) Cut hostility since it looks like garbage and turns your strategy inside out, maybe
5) Oh god you do NOT have enough ramp
6) I guess my second cut would be Volcanic Vision

I must've forgotten to add the mountains back in when I updated the list.

The theme is more mechanical, a monored deck that feels monored with burn and damage out the butt. Your two cuts are Hostility and Volcanic? Well, they are kind of high on CMC, but they have been performing. And speaking of CMC, you really feel I need more ramp? I could stick in a Ruby Medalion, but I don't think a Grim Monolith and Thran Dynamo would do much for the deck since the curve is fairly low. What do you think about cutting Runehorn and Spawn of Thraxes? Since I added deserts, Spawn feels kind of weak and Runehorn has never done what he was intended to.

I'll admit the deck is fairly trash, but it has won games in my playgroup so power level isn't a huge concern.

Just stick in a Ruby Medallion.

Ruby Medallion is good. You can also add Mind Stone/Hedron Archive, since it is ramp that turns into draw later on.

Sounds good, I'll probably cut some topend card for it. Also, since the PW rule is going away, I might stick in more Chandra's and a Chain Veil. Thinking Firebrand and maaaaybe Nalaar. Would that be hurting the deck more than helping?

Also, I don't know what the fuck cards are missing. I wasn't running 40 lands. I'll have to doublecheck. Something must've accidentally gotten wiped during copying and pasting the deck into Tapped out. Appreciate the advice, last two times I didn't even get a single reply.

Except that'll probably never flip in EDH and you're better off running Greed or Erebos.

Yeah, I don't know why those weren't on my original list. I run them in a lot of decks. Mind Stone in particular because getting stuck on like 3 mana after mulligans is really balls.

I haven't been treating this deck very well. Too many pet cards. Finding space for that Fire Diamond was like pulling teeth.

You can go hard with voltron or just regular orzhov lifegain/loss shenanigans.
And say you pull 0 voltron enablers you can still exile everyone else's fatties for WB and a few counters, at instant speed mind you, which you should have a stupid amount easily

>edh and commander not in the thread name
what the fuck dude?
>What's your hypest Ixalan commander card?
dinosaurs because despite being nearly 30 I still love dinos

DINO HYPE

Anyone who says they grew out of dinos being cool must be dead inside

if wizards didnt fuck it up it would be cool

>4th game in a row getting killed by my own commander

I'm done with Karlov, this shit is ridiculous.

Y/how tho?
Steal effects?

Looks good so far, then again I don't play standard

>have you tried using tokens?

Not him but outside of dice counters or using a phone there is little reason to use tokens. Plus some of them are 1.50 for 1

Wall of blood my dudes, wall of mother fucking blood (im sure the deck has the when you gain life deal damage vampire from zendi right?

Custom orders? Or make you own cutouts and slap them into sleeves?
Gotta think outside the cardboard user

The dinos are pretty universally overcosted and underwhelming Timmy shit. Nothing wrong with that but I'm having trouble justifying making dinos because I like winning.

My 6 year old brother doesn't care about dinosaurs. It kills me inside.

Fuck minecraft, man. Dinosaurs are waaay cooler. I need to take him to the museum again.

Yes. Never enough mana to exile him. I have all the exile cards. I have all the hexproof/shroud artifacts.

I get him to 20/20+ then get cucked

My point was for certain commanders you aren't going to put 40+ tokens on the field

they just cost SO MUCH MANA. like the lostest drop ones are like 4-5 mana aside from the one 2 drop flyer that you cant even run because you have to spend the first 2 turns ramping. even if you manage to finally amass enough mana to play a dino its just going to be countered or killed off immediate making everything you have done completely pointless. out of all the ixalain tribes dinos are the worst by far. hopefully the next set in the block fixes this issue but i highly doubt it

I don't give a fuck about flip side really(odds I ever hit 5 life in that deck are kinda low). Point is I can drop it earlier than greed or erebos(who I run) and will likely replace arena(with is kinda eh kard really)

Anyone try these? They're kind of pricey, but if they work, it would be perfect.

You could just write it out and put it in a sleeve with a land.

Might need a new strat user, sounds like voltron won't fly at your table.

Well of course, at most you should only need a few copies of the token and some dice. Though some tokens are rather rare and/or specific
Though I have seen people with token decks bust out a massive pile of tokens and use hard copies exclusively.
Sounds like a huge hassle to me but whatever floats your boat

Honestly, maybe could just get two extra copies of each card I can token copy in my deck.

Just put them in diff sleeves.

Well, if you don't run anything like God Pharaoh's Gift, it should be ok.

No it doesnt. Its no different than a zombie commander and rooftop storm, you still have to pay the commander tax

I'll also need plastic chits.

My current plan is extra cards for normal copies, plastic chits for fake eternalize, normal tokens for real embalm, eternalize and plain tokens.

Why are all pirates women?

Because wotc is an sjw company

About 50% of the pirates in ixalan are

All the legends are female, we have not had a white male legend in god knows how long

>who is Odric, Lunarch Marshall

>vanilla 2/2 for 3
>attack with vamp army, get 1 1/1 lifelink

He's bad

Don't forget the sterotype of Spanish conquistadores. Slim faces, funny mustache styles. If they did the same to any other ethnicity people would call wotc racist.

>clearly female human characters
>"white" elf vampire

>Who is Djeru?

Goes right along with what people mean by equal representation, have only women/poc as an attempt to equalize the history of majority white male leads rather than actual equal representation across all skin tones and genders.

The goalposts are fine where they are.

Pirates are one of the few factions that makes sense as egalitarian, given that in far male-dominated eras on earth women had... more success in piracy than in other fields. We know of many major pirate captains of Ixalan. Three are women -- Beckett Brass, Lannery Storm, and Vraska. Another woman, Ripley Vance, is mentioned but wasn't printed, at least not in the first set here. Angrath's a dude and a shoe-in for set 2, though like Vraska he's a PW. Captain (Brandis) Thorn is a dude, and we can presume the same fairly safely of Captain Parrish since he's depicted on Chart a Course. Captain Brinley Rage (Quoted on Run Aground) also sounds like a dude but it's less certain.

For why the female captains got printed first, I refer you to

Djeru isnt even close to are you blind?

Oh I get it, white males are the bad guys

Except the vampires are some of the more sympathetic tribes in Ixalan, probably only second to Merfolk

Have you tried always having BW available during your opponent's turns? Or a fucking fog effect?

Now you're getting it user ;)

Bad guys are always the best faction in MtG

>3WW
>not close
???