Exalted general

What is Exalted?
An epic high-flying role-playing game about reborn god-heroes in a world that turned on them.
Start here: theonyxpath.com/category/worlds/exalted/

>That sounds cool, how can I get into it?
Read the 3e core book (link below). For mechanics of the old edition, play this tutorial: mengtzu.github.io/exalted/sakuya.html
. It’ll get you familiar with most of the mechanics.

>Gosh that was fun. How do I find a group?
Roll20 and the Game Finder General here on Veeky Forums.

>Resources for Older Editions
pastebin.com/GihMPwV8

Resources for Third Edition
>3E Core and Splats
mediafire.com/folder/b54o6teut3fx6/Exalted_3e

>Arms of the Chosen Previews
dropbox.com/s/15xddoahzedtkwu/Arms of the Chosen Preview.docx?dl=0
drive.google.com/file/d/0B7FqViticwNuam9lbVJBWFhJM2s/view

>Dragonblooded Charm Previews:
theonyxpath.com/dragon-blooded-charms-preview-exalted/
theonyxpath.com/the-elemental-aura-dragon-blooded-pt-2-exalted/
theonyxpath.com/signature-charms-dragon-blooded-pt-3-exalted/

>Other Ex3 Resources
pastebin.com/fG1mLMdu

>New NPCs and a Behemoth rework
pastebin.com/sRPqtNqU

Big bridge edition - What's the most memorable antagonist you've made or faced?

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/hRMhqDdZ
pastebin.com/EEc89m6S
madletter.net/rpg/exalted/maudova/A_Clutch_of_Dragons_Preview.pdf
forum.theonyxpath.com/forum/main-category/exalted/881714-a-clutch-of-dragons-hub-thread
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Previous thread:

The most memorable antagonist I faced was a solar named "White Heart of the Sun", he was more or less of a pirate captain in the western seas. We fought him as part of the Wyld Hunt (and my character had a personal issue with him) but he turned out to be a good man and the reason my character wanted him dead was a set-up. He was a very impressive foe, though, and he truend to be an extremely valuable ally afterwards.

I'm told my npc's are memorable for being assholes. All of them.

You can't just leave it at that, you have to tell us what makes them assholes.

Why can't you use perfect defenses against falling damage.

What the fuck is this shit:

>Falling damage is not considered an environmental hazard, and cannot be defended against by Heavenly Guardian Defense or similar Charms (with the exception of Duck Fate);
>only damage negation (such as Adamant Skin Technique), effects which negate falling damage (such as the Air Aspect anima power), or not falling from a great height in the first place may protect the character from falling damage.

from scroll of errata.

FFS the same page says you can dodge the damage from being fully immersed in lava.

What springs to mind is The Vulture, a Lunar who used the starting city for my game as a vacation home. She treated the city state's viscious politics like a game, while attaching herself to the royal family as a spiritual advisor. Once the princess exalted as an Abyssal, she started messing with her head while acting like her friend.

Lame.

What a dick, I love it.

Because uncreative assholes would use Heavenly Guardian Defense "parry the ground" way back all the way in 1E, and it's never cool it's always a that-guyism based on the concept of perfect attacks being a system term and not using your fucking narrative brain to determine how effects might play out.

Sure, but I think that guy's assertion is that it should be consistent. Like, how are you supposed to parry damage from being immersed in lava, but not falling? It should either work in both, or neither.

To put it simply: Lava damage is persistent and requires multiple uses of perfect defenses to escape (if you remain in the area of effect) or you mote tap and die. What this represents is some insane shit, like dodging between raindrops in a storm, or using your ki to redirect lava around you for but a moment, etc.

Falling damage is a one time applied effect, when you hit the ground. This means anyone with a perfect defense is immune to being thrown off anything. I'm not sure how this would be beneficial to the game, but... apparently this is a response to 2.5E so maybe that's the idea?

There is no inconsistency unless you can't see beyond systemic categorization.

a lunar with the insidious transformation knack can in theory just unleash hoards of tyrant lizards by feeding their blood to rats...but this would require several individual tyrant lizards in their heartsblood library right?

Wait. no. the charm requires a human target I think. I may have wasted my downtime for nothing.

rip tyrant lizards. you are locally extinct and your deaths served no purpose. :(

Infinite sadness

My group is fighting against a deathlord called the Reclaimer. We haven't even seen an inch of the dude, but he conquered Chiaroscuro and started corrupting local terrestrial gods into insane gateways for, we don't know. He's calling up disgusting golems made out of flesh and whatever was nearby. He called up a bunch of pond scum golems when we were trying to talk down a corrupted river goddess that we knew, and when we went to spy on the city, there were golems the size of towers with chunks of buildings in them.

We've had one glance at one of his Abyssals, for all of ten seconds. She just stared blankly at us from atop the walls of Chiaroscuro, armed to the teeth. Those walls were manned, crowded really, with brainwashed ghosts singing some eerie song you could hear for miles around.

We fought a sapient wyld hurricane that was an unshaped forged into patterns around a stormgoddess seeking to transform the entire west into a single hurricane.

The entire party was armed with daiklave surfboards. It was amazing.

You must use 100% of the tyrant lizard.

How is parrying the ground being an "asshole".

>Falling damage is a one time applied effect, when you hit the ground. This means anyone with a perfect defense is immune to being thrown off anything.

A lot of other damaging are also 1 time things.

A person with a perfect defense isn't exactly immune to being thrown off stuff. They still need to use motes to power it.

In addition it is like saying that a person with a perfect defense is immune to high damage attacks. That is what it is supposed to do.

In 2e lunar gen should instead use schafer rules.

but in 2.5 you're no longer required to pick caste charms in chargen. so should those be tweeked to
0 Caste/Favored Charms
3 Knacks
7 Freely chosen Charms/Knanks for a (total of 10)

or
0 Caste/Favored Charms
0 Knacks
10 Freely chosen Charms/Knanks for a (total of 10)
or no change for 2.5e
4 Caste/Favored Charms
3 Knacks
3 Freely chosen Charms/Knanks for a (total of 10)

>In addition it is like saying that a person with a perfect defense is immune to high damage attacks. That is what it is supposed to do.

>There is no inconsistency unless you can't see beyond systemic categorization.

So why is it not inconsistent?

>systemic categorization.
This seems very problematic. Tell me all about it.

At least use the pixelated b8 picture :(

Look at it from the fluff case as well then:

In the fluff case, damage from other non person sources can be parried or dodged with "perfect defenses". You can use perfect defenses against damage from enviroments.

>Look at it from a fluff case

>cites systemic language "damage from other non person sources" in argument.

Wat

For instance, if some Wyld shenanigans caused the ground to fall on you instead of you falling towards the ground, you could without a question use a perfect defense to defend yourself.

user, "damage from a non person source" is not a system term, not a mechanical concept, not anything like that.

I didn't say both deal damage dice, I said it works on injurt from a non person source.

I didn't use step resolutions or whatever, or point out it's mechanical classification.

I described what being hurt by the enviroment is. Taking injury from a non person source.

Mechanically people can deal enviromental damage, I wasn't referring to that.

I forget, what were the rules for a heroic mortal exalting mid-game in 2.5e?

Add the stuff that's missing from Mortal sheet that Exalt sheet has

Suppose you become a lunar Exalted, what would you do?

Downsides:
You probably count as a furry.
Getting the hearts blood of a creature is going to be harder most of the time.
Since a Lunars true form is something that resonates with them, and you use Veeky Forums you might get something lame.

To make this more interesting here are some bonus conditions, if they are good or bad depends upon your perspective.
Choose 1 (or more):

Yandere Solar mate, they are from creation and got dumped here. They will probably look for you. (They are still a better person than Desus).

An Open gate to creation somewhere.

The Unconquered Sun is somewhere on earth. He is busy doing hard drugs, and playing videogames as normal.

The Yozis have gained access to the internet of earth.

hmm.. sounds kind of familiar

Learn Twin-Faced Hero, fap. Then go hunting pigeons and squirrels like a fucking creep because I live in a big city. Maybe I go pose as a nature spirit to some bumblefuck African tribe after I spend a few decades after figuring out how not to get fucked by bullets.

>stormgoddess seeking to transform the entire west into a single hurricane.

Shit, this is exactly an antagonist I had laid out too.

What animal would you recomend for the fightier sort of newmoon?

>The Unconquered Sun is somewhere on earth. He is busy doing hard drugs, and playing videogames as normal.
>The Yozis have gained access to the internet of earth.

>you become a lunar Exalted, what would you do?
start small and eat ALL the things?

thanks. that's surprisingly straight forward.

Anyone got the new Hundred Devils Night Parade NPCs, to add them to the rest?

How do you feel about this altered fluff for a 3ed lunars port?

First age solars weren't actually the first splat to show effects of the great curse, lunars did shortly after the primordial war ended, before the delibrative, when the exalted host all split up for a bit to do their own thing. It may or may not have exactly been chimeras but it was the same general idea anyway.
lunars are so fluid they need to be anchored to something for stability. That's why they keep the tell when they shapeshift.
and that's part of why they're so big on claiming territory and stewardships, and that's the reason for the solar lunar bond(even if solars did tend to abuse it as a leash later in the first age). Solars had seemed so stable at the time...
when the solars went away bad things happened to lunars who didn't find someting else to cling to which is also why surviving elders tend to fixate on things. The tattoos were mostly to replace the now defunct bond, but the solar bond was never actually erased. And now solars are starting to return.

lunars with bond zero don't get one, but it's still a background and still works the same as before. only now the option exists to buy it as a merit instead because being a background was stupid.(you can still spend the free pick bg dots if you want but otherwise it's priced as a merit)

to make up for the risk of chimerism and to make the casteless both more interesting and more attractive to play as, what do you think of making this their anima power?
pastebin.com/hRMhqDdZ

and so no moons aren't shoehorned into being all about sorcery, heres a minor tweak to their anima to make them more open to other "smart" type builds:
pastebin.com/EEc89m6S

I'm new to Exalted. How do you challenge Solars on a regular basis?

You don't. Unless you have them fight other Solars constantly. But that would make little sense.

Be a sunny or sunny derivative.

Are Abyssals and Yozi typically as strong as them?

I am very intrigued by the premise of Exalted, but I'm also interested in epic duels between powerful characters, and it feels like the group will quickly steamroll anything in the setting.

Look buddy if you have a problem with Fighter you have a problem with me

Failing this, how viable are campaigns as non-Solar Exalted?

You KindOf... Don'T.

This Is Mostly A Game About Powerwanking Fantasy Where Some Tumblrina Gets To Be A Nazi Ubermench And Mindfuck Everybody Else Into Agreeing That They Should Be Godking Of All The Light Touches

>Tumblrina

I don't get it, is this some kind of code where the capital letters spell something out?

Use Deathlords and Behemoths.

As much as people wank Solars, they'll quickly ram a boot down your throat if you take them too lightly.

Give me your Abyssal names.

Abominable Black Tower
Tear-stained Widow of Violent Dreams
Nightmare Rider that Smiles in Chains

>you use Veeky Forums you might get something lame.

We're all Pepe now, aren't we? Maybe those of us who are good looking will be catboys?

I'll take the UCS on earth. Fuck it, it's probably the least bad thing of the four.

Falling Storm's Last Dance of Sorrow Under the Constant Missive of What is to Come.

Black Fades Sweetly Under a Rose of Blood

Martyr to the Last Feast of Crows

Path to Pleasure Through Agony

Revenant of Where Shadows Fear to Tread

Ebon Herald of Ashen Dreams

Personally though I like making Sidereal names though.

Unspoken Axiom

Victorious Lament

Venomous Dream

Undiscovered Journey

In what way is +2dv different from -2 external penalty to incoming attacks?

I could see dodge the ground, as in tucking into a roll. not sure how to block it. but when you fall and dodge the ground people just bitch about how that means you must be flying.
the ebondragon already browses among us

I'm pretty sure Sids just have regional names of wherever they're from, same as anyone.

This is me. Is it mechanically difficult to buff other types of Exalted or is it a question of increasing dice steps and HP pools?

Say, you guys might like some of my old crap.

>Stalwart Hammer of Silence
>The Priestess Wearing the Mask of Calm
>Starving Mouth of Prophecy
>Whisper of Forsaken Names
>Prince Rider of the Black Maelstrom

They often have pseudonyms. Green Lady comes to mind.

And the old classic image for shits and giggles

new moon anima is best and most adaptive anima. don't do the sorcery buff only for sorcerers. either leave it as is or replace it with the halfmoon's entirely.

Solars can obviously challenge Solars, as can their counterparts, Infernals and Abyssals. A Lunar or a Sidereal could, but are mechanically a bit weaker. A Second Circle Demon is about as strong as a Solar, a Yozi would require a team of Solars and an entire story to fight defeat.

You can make a character more powerful by simply bumping up numbers, but that's boring. Someone else can tell you about the Parry 13 mortal. Your feeling that Slars can steamroll everything is correct, and you should assume that the players will not only succeed in their goal, but succeed handily, and you should plan for consequences.

Take the players out of their element. A Lunar can shape-shift, a Sidereal has Astrology that can mess up you players plans. A fight against a DB or in the middle of a crowd, or any other reason why you can't flare you anima banner means being unable to access a large amount of power all at once. Maybe impose a tight time limit on an objective, maybe give mutually exclusive goals to accomplish.

Think outside the box, big numbers are boring, and just encourage an arms race.

>a Yozi would require a team of Solars
Multiple Circles, you mean. With extensive DB and divine backing. And Artifacts, lots of them.

Are there any homebrew conversions to play as Dragon-Blooded in 3E until that sourcebook drops?

Thanks! Helpful answer. A DB campaign honestly sounds about my flavor for the power scale because I imagine that only at higher levels could they be fighting single Celestial Exalted.

Which makes very interesting to me. Haha.

Yup

DB campaigns are also good for political intrigue, as you are constantly scheming to get yourself, or at least a member of your family up on the throne, and so is every member of the other ten houses.

Could you share a link?

www.google.com

I'm sure your profoundly endearing snark gets you invited to a lot of games...

1) I GM exalted.

2) It doesn't matter if I'm an asshole. Rarity of the game means I still get players even if I'm a prick.

I'm not fucking spoonfeeding you. Google it. First result on google for me and that's me not even using the exact name of it.

>Arms of the Chosen still in layout hell
>this is the art we waited 4 months for

Solars aren't challenged on a regular basis. The struggle of the game generally isn't about whether they ~can~ do something, but if they ~should~ do it, and what happens if they do. It's rare for them to encounter a foe they can't beat, but the battle itself could have many consequences down the line. Should they fight this foe at all, or should they use diplomacy or subterfuge? Should they spare them afterwards and face the possibility of future betrayal, or kill them and force the world to face their absence? Can they win discreetly, or will their battles attract unwanted attention, or would the attention they gain be a good thing? Can they avoid collateral damage, or should they? Often, the greatest hardship a Solar faces is not from their failures, but from their victories.

That's not to say that Solars are invincible or without equal, or that a clever foe can't put them at a disadvantage, but it it not a common occurrence. They are the mightiest of the Exalted, with power that few can rival and none can safely ignore. To meet an equal and opposite enemy in open combat is a rare and dramatic occasion, fitting for the climax of their story, and rarely does it come without long buildup and pass without starting a new chapter in their legend.

because everyone else is a snarky cunt

madletter.net/rpg/exalted/maudova/A_Clutch_of_Dragons_Preview.pdf

Maybe you waited for it. Art direction is horrible

They say the greatest inspiration for fiction is real life.

Many thanks!

>We're all Pepe now, aren't we? Maybe those of us who are good looking will be catboys?

I was thinking more like sloth or a rat, for the spirit shape. Frog or cat, would work too though.

>I'll take the UCS on earth. Fuck it, it's probably the least bad thing of the four.

You could take mulitple.

>do I have to worry about that casteless john carpenter shit?
>and if so, am I aware enough of my limit track to carefully get exactly 5 limit before getting tattoos?

It doesn't count as in the wyld, so you can't get permanent limit (there is probably a way around that).
But you are casteless, which can sometimes give you mutations if you aren't careful.

You probably could figure out a way to measure your limit score, since you know it exists.

>gunship
>no gun nor ship in the picture

?

Well, I could take a gate to Creation, if I could tolerate life in the bronze age; I could take the Solar mate, if I could tolerate the yandere; and Luna only knows what the Yozi would get up to, SWLiHN in particular, with WiFi.

Is the Golden Widow Society still a thing? The Solar could be a quick way to gain Essence for a while.

yet you are still a cunt and the peach work is kinda meh

Lacking Importance, Even To Those Skewered By My Blades
On The Cusp Of Death, Like A Coin On Its Side
The Last, Haunting Note of A Funeral Dirge
A Superfluous Actor In A Grander Scheme

And, of course, the perennial favorite of pic related (though not introduced yet).

forum.theonyxpath.com/forum/main-category/exalted/881714-a-clutch-of-dragons-hub-thread

It's the handle of the artist.

The art itself to me LOOKS all right, but fuck me that armor is way too goddamn western for Exalted.

Its a soulsteel armour, but the guy wearing it is glowing green like an Infernal.

Abyssal

Don't Infernals wear whatever and taint it with vitriol?

they specifically chose not to identify the guy's exalt type when asked, too.

Filename is misleading. Text is Monday Meeting blog says "Arms of the Chosen illustration by Gunship Revolution"