Connected to SeattleNet...

>Welcome back to /srg/, chummer
>Last Viewed Files:
>Cheaper_Cyberdecks.aro
>Sensitive_System__Why_are_more_and_more_Awakened_getting_it?.trid
>AI_deckers_How_To.sklsft
>Sleeping_Tiger__Error_in_design?.thread

Personal Alerts
* Your Current Rep Score: 100 (100% Positive)
* You have 1 new private message, titled 'You want to do something well, you do it yourself'
* Your Chummer > Tools > Options books list has been unchecked github.com/chummer5a/chummer5a/releases
* Cloud File Storage: pastebin.com/SsWTY7qr
* Running Homebrew.BTL...

>Shoot straight
>Conserve ammo
>Do not buy CGL books
>And never, ever cut a deal with a dragon

Homebrews and house rules Edition
What are your changes to the ruleset?

Other urls found in this thread:

file-upload.net/download-12717420/ToygunHousecat.chum.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>What are your changes to the ruleset?
You can ready a bow as a free action.

How exactly does recoil work? And how do I make it not annoying?

I've heard a lot of you houserule melee actions as being Simple. Why is that?

What's a quick and easy way to get players attached to an npc?

Two primary ways: pathos and bennies. Pathos takes time and history to develop, bennies are usually either contacts or intel.

Melee attacks, barring very few exceptions (the heavy weapons troll or bio-augmented ork adept), are generally much less effective and efficient than ranged attacks. The ability to shoot a gun and have an additional simple action before or after is huge. There's an argument to be made about how swords don't need reloading and how killing or incapacitating a guy with a sword or shock glove is less noisy and leaves less traceable evidence than perforating them with bullets, but you gotta ask yourself how much you're willing to inconvenience yourself to get that little advantage.

So our last campaign just went up in flames from a simple dumb move by a single pc (8 months and 150 karma career characters dead). So I'm debating what to make next, my previous character was a pacifist stealth full body replacement sammie with some decking abilities

I'm thinking a edgelord character but I can't quite decide what I want aside from 8 edge. Anyone have any cool builds they recommend? I don't want to be a secondary decker again nor do I want to be super chromed out.

Characterization, don't make it just Bob, make it Bob the gambler or Bob the drug addict. Obviously Bob is more complicated than that but give him one or two memorable aspects; players love that stuff

Since nobody really answered this last thread, I'll ask again here:
Is quad-alpha-cyberlimbs maxed out str and agi worth it for a melee build with spurs? Because I love the idea of rushing down other runners and gut them, and if their troll picks me up, kick him or rake him with digit grade legs. Being best buds with the Halloweeners for flavor (by using karma for that positive quality) only makes it even better in my mind.
Please advise, chummers
-Pumpkin

Digitigrade, not digit grade.

And it's worth it if that's what you want to do. It's not optimal by a long shot and gonna be kind of difficult to max out your agi and strength out of chargen.

Which was what people told you last thread, guess you didn't see or you're hoping someone will tell you yes.

I'm making a Revolver Ocelot the Troll character and I need help. What atributes should I focus on and what cyberware should I get?

He's also bulgarian
>"YA BRETTY GOOD!"

For Headware is there a reason to take Radar and Ultrasound, or should I just go with Ultrasound?

I feel like we need the story here.

Priority, Sum to X, karmagen, build points, what? Explain your character generation method if you want useful feedback.

Ditch the name.

Like that guy says, consider worth vs optimal. Do you want to optimiza/minmax your character or do you just wanna have your neato burrito concept?

I'm using Chummer and build points since 4e.

See, specifying which edition is also helpful. I know jack and shit about 4E, so good luck.

Well, i guess some optimization is fine, but it's mostly just neato burrito. It's not about gimping myself, it's about having fun. I'll gladly take whatever tips you can give me, of course. 5e, i'm used to play with priorities, thinking human, and priority A for cash.

Radar is fun, you can shoot people through walls.

>not burning edge to live
Sasuga

seconded

storytime, now

>Edgelord
Avenging Angel.
Signature Weapon: Collapsible Scythe.

>Be a trenchcoat type group
>6 man group strong
>Get back from Cuban OVA summer special
>Random weird adventures, rotating GM schedule in cuban
funtimes.jpg
>Back to single GM and in Seattle and serious missions
>Be told we can consider doing big boy league runs soon after this small job
>Gotta meet some dude in a fancy restaurant in upscale Seattle
>Told bring up to 3 runners to the meeting Johnson
>New guy insists he comes
>New guy is a mage who worked in Cuba
>Remind all characters not to bring anything illegal because its a safe neighborhood
>Bring riggerbro as well
>Driving in my jackrabbit
>Meeting is about a hour
>Get pulled over because we are suspicious
>Driving a poor commuter car in a rich neighborhood is suspicious.
>Decides to coop because there is little to no reason why the cops can detain us
>Asks us to roll down our mirrorshaded windows
>Cuban Mage freaks the fuck out, casts invisibility while his false sin is still broadcasting
>Cops pass their test of detecting that magic was cast and freak the fuck out for a good reason
>Guns are now raised
>Cops tell the mage to drop the spell
>Cuban Mage complies
>Asks for us to get out on the ground and hand over our sins
> everyone hands over their fake sins because legally everyone should be free to go expect the mage
>They scan us
>The fucking mage doesn't have a license to be a mage
WTF.jpg

Wow. You guys kind of deserve it this far for not vetting your new player.

That situation seems salvagable. What did you do?

Pepperbox Puma?
Wheelgun Wildcat?
Makarov Makarov

>Cont.
>Mage attempts to cast altered memory on guns drawn cop
>Mage gets shot at because he is casting a spell
>Roll initiative
>Shotgun cop and pistol cop down him pretty hard, they were ready if he tried anything
>Could stay and fight this? Showing up to a meeting wounded is a sure fire way to fail the job
>Meeting is soon, gotta do this mission success if we want to stick in the big boy leagues
>Rescue guys later
>Activates Skimmers and runs away in chaos
>Rigger bro gets arrested, I evade the police and head to the meet
>Talk to Johnson about the job, some sabotage job
>Meanwhile while this is happening
>Technomancer's code of honor starts kicking in
>He thinks hes anime protagonist and he MUST RESCUE THE MAGE
>Approaches cops with arrested Riggerbro and almost dead mage nearby station doesn't have time to hack their shit according to him
>TM tries to threaten the cops at gun point
>rich people drone army activates
>tmfullofbullets.exe initiated
>tm is dead, decides not to burn edge
>get out of meeting, find that this has all gone down

My god, you guys got fucked.

>mage got shot before initiative was rolled
???

Surprise attacks and held attacks happen before initiative IIRC

>Meet up with Decker bro, we are in total shock,
>head to bar and discuss our options
>Decides to call fixer and ask wat do
>explain events
>Fixer is shocked and needs to meet with upper management
>Tells us to meet in a seedier part to discuss it in person
>Suspicious but not much of choice, all our shit was stashed at the mages place, probably being investigated
>Head over
>AresDeathSquad.exe
>We have no weapons
>Turns out Mage was a corporate sinner and knew the location of our fixer's hideouts
>Was likely going to get mind raped to death for this information
>Fixer cuts a deal with Ares to turn us over in exchange for Ares turning a blind eye on our fixer
>We can burn edge but we'll just end up in ares gulag
And that's why kids you always have your mage license and NOT HAVE A CORPORATE SIN

>>We can burn edge but we'll just end up in ares gulag

>not doing it anyway so you can have a cool prison break campaign
You fucked up user.

PDF related is a rough schematic I threw together over 10 minutes. You have a fuckhuge dicepool in your guns (AGI 9 through the cyberarms, Skill 6, Revolver specialization and Smartlink), enough armor to feel pretty secure and enough initiative to mostly go first.
file-upload.net/download-12717420/ToygunHousecat.chum.html is the chummer file

>And that's why kids you always have your mage license
lolno
>control thoughts
>you don't need to see my license, i can pass
>we don't need to see his license, he can pass

Just admit you fucked up Mage.

One of my players wants to enchant a sword so that it does some kinda elemental damage whenever he hits someone with it. Is that possible?
Alchemy seems to only work for one spell and making it a focus also doesn't do what he wants.

>>Head over
You fucked up.

>>We have no weapons
YOU FUCKED UP.

Honestly I would have immediately left the country instead of going to meet the fixer.

>enchant
If he wants to make his naruto chidori sword, just let him put a taser in the grip.

Funny enough we did have another mage with that spell but he was absent for that session

Yep there were a ton of mistakes, it was still fun session despite all the fuck ups. We'll see how the next campiagn goes

Wait, how did they know he was casting a spell? Unless he's got an obvious somatic or verbal geas or they're awakened and scanning the astral, spellcasting isn't clearly visible.

Make him an orc. Call him Revolver Orcelot

Not that guy but that's lame. Why can't you have a fire-sword?

The GM was pretty clearly out for blood.

Dunno which edition they used, but in 4e you could notice magic as a mundane:
>Noticing if someone is using a magical skill requires a
>Perception Test (p. 117) with a threshold equal to 6 minus the
>magic’s Force—more powerful magic is easier to spot. Th e game-
>master should apply additional modifi ers as appropriate, or if
>the perceiver is Awakened themselves (+2 dice), astrally perceiv-
>ing (+2 dice), or if a shamanic mask is evident (+2 dice).

>captcha: Bounty dei pioppi

Enchantment doesn't really work that way. Other than absurdly rare orichalcum artifacts, enchanted weapons only special effect is that they exist on the astral and can be brought along on astral jaunts so you can use them against spirits.

Read page p.280 5e core on see magic

I don't play 5e.

in which case read this
CRB p.168

Bug spirits did nothing wrong.

Sounds like you're all a bunch of dumbasses. Real pros would know to match the environment of the meet

We were playing 5th edition, and perceiving magic is in Core 280~1.

> People have reported feeling chills, dread, or other unnatural
> sensations they can’t quite put their finger on when magic is in the area.
> Noticing magic is a Simple Perception + Intuition [Mental] Test with a
> threshold equal to the Skill Rating of the being performing it minus the
> Force of the magic, or 6 – Force if there’s no skill involved (minimum 1
> in either case). For example, if a magician with Spellcasting 6 casts a
> Force 4 manabolt, the threshold for spotting her do it is 2 (Skill Rating 6
> – Force 4). If you just stepped through a Force 5 ward, the threshold to
> notice the markings or feel the tingle is 1 (6 – Force 5). You get a + 2
> dice pool modifier on this test if you have any magic-related Active or
> Knowledge Skill. Obviously, if a magician is throwing fire from his
> fingertips, you’re probably going to notice without making a test. But if
> the magic is subtle, then you have to pick up some dice.

The mage casted invisibility when the cops were already next to the car, so they felt the magic being cast even though they couldn't see who was doing it.

t. the masochistic TM

Did you do a bunch of runs against Ares and make it personal? I don't see why they'd have sent a death squad to nab a bunch of random runners when they could just ignore them or hold it over their head to get free work done.

I think the GM's view on corporate SINs is that if your corporate SIN is tied to a serious crime (shadowruns are considered very serious in ours), that corporation will attempt to scrub you out to save their public image. This was compounded by the fact the sinner was a former Ares wagemage and Knight Errant is an Ares subsidiary.

Don't remind me. I just finished the Hong Kong game as an adept and even the ghoul samurai had more uses than I did.

>mfw rolling around with two runners who can execute stunned NPCs but I can't
>mfw everyone in the bonus campaign has antistun cyberware

WOW that sucks chummer. Losing a long-running campaign because the newby made a bunch of bad choices during character creation and panicked has to have stung. At least we got a good storytime out of it though, so I can continue to live vicariously through others as I struggle to find players who will do this game with me.

>tfw TM puts machine sprites into both my smgs
>tfw throwing 16 dice for each weapon
It's a good feel. Today i managed to shoot the weapons out of the hands of four lowlife gangers in my first initiative pass. Seldom in my life i felt such smugness swelling up inside me.

Thanks user, wishing you the best to finding those games :3

>Asks for us to get out on the ground and hand over our sins
The rest of it is stupid, but this is really stupid.

They added more adept abilities but didn't improve unarmed combat.

Thats a cool robot. i want to know more about him

>Tfw using Stun Fist cyberweapon to deal 26 damage and -8ap

For non-augmented characters, my go-to is a hybrid Infiltrator/Face with some secondary combat abilities.

You do Skills A, Attributes B (or Attributes A, Skills B, your preference), Metatype C (for sweet, sweet Edge), Resources D, and Magic E. I usually go with an Elf, but anything other than a Troll is on the table with those priorities.

Then you pick up Lightning Reflexes, Intuition 6, and Reaction 5, giving you 12+2d6 Initiative - enough to be guaranteed 2 and sometimes 3 passes. Not great, but functional.

From there, you pick up Agility, Charisma, etc, and start building for stealth and social stuff. You're the person who can walk through any sensor or detector someone wants to throw at you, charm your way past a security guard, sneak, and so on, and still have semi-functional Initiative when shit hits the fan.

It's really fun as a versatile, flexible build, able to operate in a wide variety of situations - a jack of all trades that's useful, instead of garbage.

Radar can detect through secure walls. Ultrasound gets stopped by a sealed window.

If i wanted to make a character with prototype trans human, mystic adept, & drake, what other bullshit can i tack on? What aspect of combat should i focus on? Being dual natured, do i need to get Astral Perception?

>One of my players wants to enchant a sword so that it does some kinda elemental damage whenever he hits someone with it. Is that possible?
Yes, but only if he's an Adept.

Is he an Adept? Because if he is, I'd be happy to tell you how.

>If i wanted to make a character with prototype trans human, mystic adept, & drake, what other bullshit can i tack on?
You can SURGE, even if you're already a Drake. Anything living can SURGE.

>What aspect of combat should i focus on?
Manablade.

>Being dual natured, do i need to get Astral Perception?
Nope.

Make sure you get a Pain Editor for maximum cheese, if you can afford it.

Ho boy how much more can you actually afford after all that

>Wheelgun Wildcat

I'm gonna use this name for something.

>am planning on attempting to do something similar to Bioshock for our game in a few days
>realize, while thinking about how fun it'd be going from high society to sinking bathosphere, that I have no good top-down maps I could use for such a thing
>lose interest because fuck is map making dull in roll20

What are you, retarded chummer?

Pantherine Shapeshifter metatype

I dont feel like being total weeabo snowflake, looking more for a mechanical advantage.
Will do Manablade though, it looks sweet. What else should i get beyond pain editor? It's not a full point of essence
I plan on going
A Magic
B Attibutes
C Money
D Skills
E Human

Then spend karma on prototype metahuman, powerpoints & a few qualities, im not sure which are best. Maybe drake powers. My negative qualities will be Wanted (mandatory), Code of Honor, & then something like SINner or such. Id buy Sleeping Tiger armor, a power foci, & maybe a customised milspec helm for the extra hardened armor.

I dont mind being in the karma debt because the GM is just doing a bit of a one shot.

>mechanical advantage
>drake

Wrong

You know, hearing stories like this makes me glad our sessions are Pink mohawk as fuck and mistakes are just adding extra paint to the canvas instead of tearing the entire picture down. But that's how some people like the game, so more power to 'em, you know?

The more I look at manablade the more cheesy it looks. Am I correct or am I missing something?

Dude, look at it this way.

- You're in a gulag about to make new contacts
- Ares may use you as a target gopher but at least you get to go outside the gulag
- The inevitable prison riot
- You'll have a bunch of cool war stories and rep once you break free of Ares control

I mean, you'll probably end up as an Ares test subject, RFID tagged, drugged, shot up, and brain drained to hell and back but at least your alive

If you're set on it, see about a Cybertorso and skull, then take the Redline talent. You'll hit Augmented Maximum out of the gate, IIRC, and have a 0 Net Loss on condition modifiers. May only work on Prime Runners, but having Aug Max Strength and Agility is pretty bonkers.

Has anything come out since the awful Tusker book?

Does anyone here play lolis exclusively in shadowrun?
>neoteny
It's amazing, you get bonuses for being a loli.

It's cheesy but sort of balanced in that you cant parry or turn it ino a weapon focus.

Unless that is possible? Not really sure

Can change up ,y entire physical form when on a run so I can't be tracked by video evidence. Can fly (with points) hardened armor... sure the stat bumps arent worth much but the package is sound. Super costly though.

>Redline
That reminds me of the infamous troll that could stop a semi with a punch.

Only if weapon foci are used.

And all of this could have been avoided if you had ordered a fancy cab. Also, never, EVER go anywhere unarmed. You wouldn't do it in present day world, so why you'd do it in a fantasy dystopia is beyond me.

Speaking of houserules, anyone have any house rules for Edge?

Machine sprites are broken as fuck. And fairly retarded as a concept too.

I feel like that era of /srg/ shitposting has come and gone. We're on to sleeping tiger now.

Technomancers in general are a stupid concept.

Ssssh, the common opinion here seems to be that technomancers should be fixed and get more content.

But they should just be removed completely.

To people who have run Armor as flat damage reduction instead of soak roll, how have you handled Hardened Armor?

Yeah except that's not possible.

Machine sprite are stated to help as in a Teamwork test, except that automatics and any physical weapon skill isn't something they can assist with because they have no skill rating and no physical attributes.

So RIP that idea.

Some of the technomancer features are neat, like beint able to compile and register sprites. I like that part. It's just that they should stay in the matrix and not make everything in the real world perform vastly better.

I think they should just roll the majority of tm features into deckers and just call it a day. I mean mages already get to choose between spell slinging and conjuring or a mix of both, why not apply the same logic to deckers?

Wow and I thought our group kickstarting a war between the UCAS and Atzlan by hardcore player failure was bad.

Sounds like you had a black trenchcoat GM and non-trenchcoat players there bud.

TMs are not deckers. Full stop. Any Sprite compiled with High Resonance will have better skills than your average decker. So TMs need to prep and register enough sprites for the run.

Play your TMs like goddamn Vancian Mages and you're golden.

Is any location in the SR reality considered normal by modern IRL standards? I'm toying with an aged adult character who hasn't been exposed to the magic and changing in physics until he leaves his home for one reason or another.

He will be a mundane, but interested in magic and the such by research purchases, etc.

I think they should make the TM able to be like some kind of cyber-themed Mystic Adept. An undisputed champion of one matrix action + sprites to help them not be completely incompetent at other matrix actions. It would really lend to the terror of a TM if you could roll a Data Spike specialist who could force anyone with a DNI into VR and fry their potatoes. Or a Hack On The Fly specialist who could use 4e style Virus to get a mark on the entire PAN of somebody or an entire subsection of a host. Or a Spritenomancer who can use resonance realms to force a fault sprite into your locked offline cyberarms because they have touched the matrix at some point and ergo a copy is saved in the great tree resonance realm. A legit cyber-adept who can exist in both VR and AR at the same time, using his VR initiative in meatspace. An illusionist who can make you feel the heat of a virtual fire despite only having an image link active. Maybe even something like a dissonance specialist who causes all technology in a x(res) area to be rendered temporarily inoperable.

The problem with TMs is not the concept, it's that they're not allowed to be cool for the sake of not invalidating deckers, despite all the lore that gives them all these cool opportunities They're pidgeonholed into "Deckers, but with some neat tricks" rather than "Turn off everything invented post-1950 and kill him first" that the lore presents them as. TMs need a re-imagining: not as wizards but only inside of the computer, but as those who can force the barriers between the matrix world and the mundane world to thin.

New to Shadowrun but a big fan of cyberpunk and futuristic settings; why don't you make deals with dragons? Is it like a deal with the devil? What if I like dragons?

Then the problem isn't just TMs, it's also the concept of deckers.

I'd like to refluff TMs and Deckers into Brute Force & Fine Control. Even the most robust firewall will fall to a Technomancer within a short period of time while a decker can infiltrate pass without setting off the alarms.

Looks like cool starting point user, I'll have to play with it in chummer. thanks for actually replying to my post!