Let's fuck around with Beyond the Wall's first session stuff until we hit a wall and fail or the captcha gets too...

Let's fuck around with Beyond the Wall's first session stuff until we hit a wall and fail or the captcha gets too annoying to continue. I'll make a map of the starting town as we go, why not.

First, four anons pick one of these each. They'll be the PCs.

These are also viable.

Would be knight for me.

Are you writing prompts, or do I need the book to follow along.

I am the last of a fallen house.

I'll be posting relevant snippets. If you want to ask about a different one I can post that, too, but the names are pretty good at telling you what the archetype is, so not posting these for every playbook should be fine.

Last of a Fallen House, then. Once I get four I'll ask for rolls.

To be clear, the starting ability scores are before rolling. The roll results will give you more stats. Beyond the Wall is OSR

>two best stats are 10, everything else is 8

lol wtf is this game

You roll through the playbooks about a dozen times and it gives you your proper attribute scores via vignettes

Witch's Prentice for me

Witch's Prentice, coming up.

Fae foundling

And that's 4 PCs, so I'll start asking for rolls in the next post.

Here's the map. I took the liberty to add a couple things mentioned or implied by the Playbook intros to keep the village generation less obvious going forward.

I need four d12s rolled to generate the PC's childhoods. One per person, please

Map didn't upload for some reason. Trying again.

for the would be knight, if that matters.

Rolled 6 (1d12)

forgot to roll

For every childhood roll, someone needs to add a location to the village, so someone come up with one for this one and I'll add it.

>The old well
A deep, dark well that's been there as long as anybody can remember. Creepy stories and rumors about strange creatures or spirits visiting it abound.

Rolled 9 (1d12)

Rolling for the fae foundling

Here you are. Now a location for this one.

I have Lucius and Hoffman, both crew boxes, plus Guild Riflemen.
What's my next pick up to expand?

I'd like to play Lucius fairly straight'n'narrow as far as Guildy stuff goes.

Currently Lucius is looking like it'll be Hoffman's box plus Dashel and Riflemen.

Hoffman... pretty much looks similar, but I already have Howard Langston and Joss.

Aaaaaand wrong thread, sorry lads.

Still, I guess this forces me out of lurking.

Still room for a self-taught Mage?

A pagan temple in a grotto in the hills north of town. The handful of doddering old monks who live and worship there are tolerated, but only as long as their weather and crop forecasts hold true.

Sorry, but we've got 4 PCs already. Feel free to roll a d12 for the Witch's Prentice or the Last of a Great House

Rolled 2 (1d12)

Oh fug it's actually happening?

Where can I download this stuff? It seems interesting.

I'll make that one to The Last of a Fallen House

Need a location for this one. Here's the map as it stands right now

Rolled 10 (1d12)

Not that guy, but rolling for Witches Prentice.

Going to start writing up locations for OP if nobody wants to play.

We lived in exile by the Sea in a place where all sort of garbage washed up, scavenging the Salvage Beach.

The result. Someone give a location.

>The Watchtower

An ancient tower that watches over the old road that passes through town. It's made of a strange stone that can't be found nearby. It's been converted into an armory and guardhouse for the volunteer militia.

Alright, this is the map as it currently stands.

Next I'll need another set of four d12 rolls, but no locations this time. Should go faster.

Rolled 12, 8, 3, 10 = 33 (4d12)

I'm just going for it

Well, the one per person thing helps me post the images, since I can only do one at a time without being confusing.

I actually misread the thing anyways. It's four d8s I need

Rolled 1 (1d8)

Very well

Rolled 7 (1d8)

As you wish gish.

The Would-Be-Knight's, then. Pretty fitting

Here's yours.

Rolled 4 (1d8)

Here we go.

Will we learn more about the setting, or is it just character building from hereon out?

I'd check the pdf archive if it's up. It's a good bet

After this set of rolling, the next one has you add a character to the village and its surroundings for each PC. Location and NPC generation are spread out a little so you don't do the same thing for too long at the table.

Rolled 5 (1d8)

Cool. Well ima keep rolling

Okay, that's the end of the second set.

Next I'll need 4d8 again, but after each roll, an NPC should be added to the setting.

Rolled 3 (1d8)

For the would be knight

Do I just make one up now, or is there a prompt?

The Book Keeper Mathias knows much but jealously guards his trinkets.

Rolled 8 (1d8)

Excuse me sorry.

You get this. It's your choice whether to use the prompt to make a named NPC or to make one from scratch that isn't necessarily connected to the PCs

Here you go.

Okay so lets make Mathias a mercenary who travelled the world but set down his burdens in this little village, he has a lot of worldly and academic knowledge but mostly wants to be left alone.

Rolled 2 (1d8)

Roll 3 of 4

Corum
an eccentric graybeard who makes his home in the hills. Has 6 nearly feral children with a foreign beauty who makes his hut almost homey. Visits relations at the edge of town occasionally, but won't go near The Watchtower for reasons he won't say.

Here's the Prentice's third rolls.

So for NPCs we have Mathias and Corum. Two to go.

Do we art these?

Wew is that the time? I got work in the morning I'm going to bed.

Rolled 2 (1d8)

Bella Rawls
The widow of one of the town's best regarded fishermen. She'll still feed some of his old friends after they bring in a catch (or to soothe a hangover). Word is, she's still got some treasure the old boy stashed away before he croaked.

Roll 4 of 4

A 2 has the same result on this table, so both the Foundling and the Prentice hung out with fishermen.

Still need an NPC to end the childhood part of chargen

Rodrik the Fat
He's been elected as the village head man every year for a decade. Outwardly, he's an uncouth and popular boor. Inwardly too, but he's also done an excellent job of keeping the baron's taxes low, and whenever possible making him forget all about the little town in the hills. He'll stop at nothing to keep his little seaside town nice and quiet.

Alright, that's the end of the Childhood section. Now comes Class Training, with four rolls of the d6

Corebook art bump

All of it is in the OSR trove

Final bump

Rolled 4 (1d6)

The fisherman, Honey, pretended to be a woman in the next town other when he ran away from home at age ten.

Would-be-knight's fifth roll, then. No more NPCs for now, though, just the d6 rolls. Three to go.

Rolled 6 (1d6)

Sorry user, got wrapped up in something else, and might wrap it up for tonight. Thanks for running this, I'll have to take another look at the game.

Welp, this is the fourth roll of the Last of a Fallen House. Thread will probably die, so nobody will notice I fucked up the filename of the last one and called it fifth roll.

Nah, let's try to keep it alive, at least for a little bit. Beyond the Wall seems like it has a really neat character generator, even if it is a little too much PbtA for my liking.

Well, there's still two d6s to be rolled, then.

I disagree that it's that much like PbtA. The only real similarities are the playbooks and the player participation in setting building. It's got way more OSR blood in its actual mechanics

I guess I'll close the thread with the map.