Paladin Appreciation Thread

All things good and holy.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tgvxu8QY01s
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I'll make you a deal OP, you contribute three posts of your own and I'll give you 10.

pity post

... that guy looks amazingly freaked out.

Gonna go out to get food but I'll bump before I go.

More than most, it pains me to see lawful stupid paladins. They forget their namesake.

It's a rarity to see one of these without ridiculous heels.

Well, he seems to be fighting some kind of mindflayer-vampire hybrid. He has some cause.

Any kind anons out there that want to dump their paladin art? I lost everything when my hard drive died.

Possibly a newbie paladin? First Demon kill would probably be the most terrifying.

One more?

Love paladins.

Current art for my paladin

This is the perfect sort of setting to play a non-evil blackguard in, and put a stop to this madness.

I love this one.

Hey guys, can I join?

Excellent

No

How about now?

- Burn the witch!
- But she's so cute!
- All right. But burn her afterwards.

woof

Is that best girl Joan?

This is how I paladin.

How are you liking season 3? No spoilers, only seen 1-6

I've only seen a couple of episodes.

Fuck this is really nice
Its simple yet cool looking, i might use it

Best girl

If we aren't judging paladins by alignment, why should we judge them by heartbeat or occupation either?

Nothing beats raising undead mockeries of life to rub you in embalming fluids am I right? #PaladinThings

Or just an actual paladin.

Those guys there are fighters.

The best paladin is not the one that is pristine and shining but the one that is battered and bruised but never broken.

The pursuit of justice is not clean. You will stumble, you will struggle and you might even fail. But evil must be fought, wherever it is found. A paladin's pursuit of this purpose is evident in scars he wears, the dents in his armor, the signs of frequent travel and battle.

Probably my favourite paladin art. Simple, humble, to the point. You know this guy is preparing to do what's right.

A paladin would become undead with only one reason: to smite evil even in death.

is he dead :( ?

No, that posture requires effort. He's propping himself on his knee. If he was dead, he would've lolled back against the tree limply.

Thats a ds2 knight
Not only is he alive but hes ready to jump up and kick your ass

I never said anything about being undead or evil.
In a world where paladins are like this: wouldn't the good and just thing be to become their enemy to save innocents, even if it means damning your own soul?

clerics
>cool dudes
paladins
>edgy fedoras

Then paladins would have to save the innocent from you.

>Then paladins would have to save the innocent from you.
The paladins are the ones burning them at the stake. I am the one protecting the wretched and unwanted, those who are denied the light's mercy.

I acted in this manner because everything has its origin in children. Demons and their flock are not allowed to be. No such creature has a right to exist. For they hold the bacillus of corruption and evil. They are not allowed to be. And the mission will be fulfilled. Today or Tomorrow! Today or Tomorrow...

Nope. It's clerics.

In fact, clerics even burned some paladins at the stake. Claiming them to be faggots.

Reminder that your Paladin doesn't have to serve a god

Doesn't have to be medieval elther.

>numale paladins against cis patriarchy

>not gunslinger Paladins

>Clint
>Gunslinger paladin
Unless it's Rawhide, this is how you gunslinger paladin

Used these for a paladin quest in the early days of /qst/, but it got cut off by IRL shit and never recovered.

Paladins are temple knights, as in they are sworn to the church. They are loyal to the clerics, and do their dirty work, including pillaging and collecting those not loyal to their faith, to be burned at the stake.

Source?

my moors.

Wouldn't they be antipaladins though? Or are they more of LG villains?

You could always play as the character "Paladin" in "Have Gun Will Travel."
youtube.com/watch?v=tgvxu8QY01s

Not in my setting they aren't.

Lake Of Fire, comic about Albigensian Crusaders fighting aliens.

That's some nice OoA imagery right there

Next paladin I'm making is an OoA styled after the three musketeers, still torn between that or going full on classic style the more I think about paladins.

There must be more.

Still no, heretic.

>Dear Lord, who the hell puts this sorta shit at the front door?!

Wouldbeadversarieswith/10

Nah, you're thinking of knights.

Paladins are specifically paragons of good, not servants of the church.

Well this is how I paladin

Recently my paladin has been capture by a lich and forcibly transformed into a death knight. He's one of those "undeath is the natural evolution of life" types, so he was completely convinced my character would turn to his side once all that needless flesh wasn't weighing him down any more. It did not go as he expected, and now Skeleknight is on a quest for the church to prove he hasn't been corrupted by what happened to him. If he succeeds, he'll get an Atonement and restored to paladin status.

Why wouldn't he just want to be smited rather than "live" on as an abomination?

Because the lich survived.

Had something similar happen, by the end of it became pretty much pic related. Best part was the DM would have him appear from time to time in later campaigns to either help the party or in one case save them from destruction.

Just because one is forced to turn into such doesn't mean they can't use it to their advantage to strike down undead for all eternity.

Now that's a proper religion

That Lawful requirement is a killer.

Vine Stalker of The Shining One is my second character to ever collect all fifteen runes in DCSS.
I imagine that angelic warriors felt a bit uneasy fighting alongside a sword-swinging demon-biting mass of plant vines held together by a full plate.

>WHO IS LIKE UNTO GOD, MOTHERFUCKER?

I respectfully disagree.

If you're going to risk your life fighting evil, why not do it in style?

Paladins should be beacons of hope and inspire others to fight for a just cause.

The best paladin is the one that starts pristine and shining, has their armor and weapons become battered and ruined but their faith staying strong