Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

Stubby arms edition.

>GW FAQ (1.1):
games-workshop.com/en-US/Rules-Errata

>FW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/15/new-and-updated-forge-world-faqs-july16gw-homepage-post-2/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Thanks Chart-user!)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

>Death Guard codex
>Epub
mega.nz/#!9hkg0LgL!_Y53qiTD0VDA641V4NBQtnZ8hTGLA_VE-CkTPh9YQzE
>PDF
mega.nz/#!p0tzAIya!DEVmw60_jOLXCdvWqoKBDx8_BW-wxbV6KD4CpB5WbvY

looks like he needs a healthy dose of Bulimia

First for nurgling malitia

Yeah!, after my space marine army I'll defintally have to try that out.

>All these models coming out are over-saturated with spindly, unnecessary detail

At this point the rules can remain mostly unchanged, what I care about now is that if my DE get a release it doesn't look like ass.

What are you guys hoping for with your factions releases?
Sorry, AdMechbros...

Ha yeah, the blue robes and red pants are the easy bit, figuring out the armour and all greebly bits colours will be a pain in the ass

out of the way better legion coming through

Is that a nurgling with a FUCKING HELMET?! DG are somehow the cutest faction between nurgling and plague puppers.

Thank you for heralding us cousin!

NO MAGNETS, SO WHICH ONE- CARBINES OR BOLT RIFLES?

>$20/deathshroud terminator price point

WtF
Seriously

I just don't even know what to say. Are they at least worth their money on the table?

Interesting rules that open up strategic options unavailable to other factions.

For de: Webway portal working like two markers that units can teleport between. Same rules for destruction as Tau homing beacons.

For sisters: I would be happy if seraphim got fixed to be able to shoot after deep striking, and maybe having some conditional acts of faith that can be performed in the enemy's turn. Obviously plastic sisters too.

Generally: an increase to the power of bombs and blast attacks against large model count units. And an increase of flamer range to 9 inches.

as far as I can tell they are insanely overpriced. I may just run some lords of contagion as proxies since those go for like 5 bucks on ebay

That is some gorgeous artwork. This is the kind of slaanesh I want to see, not the grotesque ugly side. Slaanesh is supposed to tempt its followers with perfection and beauty, currently their art direction would make you think they are only writhing screaming monsters.

Just go Bolt Rifles. They are probably their best choice anyway desu.

I think factions released this year might not have accompanying models, but next years might.
So far it seems like Orks and Tau might get stuff. Necrons haven't got anything in a while as far as I know, so maybe them too.
And more Primaris of course, so probably Primaris Wulfen or some dumb shit

If Looted Vehicle rules return in the Ork Codex what vehicle(s) would you want to convert? What would be competitive choices?
[Spoiler] It's optimistic to think Looted rules will return I know but Genestealer Cults use stolen Chimeras, Sentinels, and Leman Russ tanks so why not let Orks do the same? [/Spoiler]

Why didn't the spoiler text work? Never did it before.

Depends on how they do it. If it's a proper looted vehicle where you get the guns the base model has but give it ork BS and modify the stats a bit, probably a baneblade variant.

Here's what's going to happen. Gw is going to make a typo, a mistake with their looted rules. And for a few months, looted rowboats will be possible.

That is my wish.

So are the Doomsday Ark or Monolith any good?

Not trying to be a whine post, but I am looking for advice. How as pure admech would you go about beating tzeench smite spam. My regular opponent does the brimstone with single blue horror spam, and every source of smite he can get. I would rather not buy 3 anti psyker assassins and a inquisitor, but if that is the ONLY way, I guess I have to. Our troops are not cheap, and everything I put down gets trashed by demons who sprint across the board shooting fire and mind bullets with invun saves.

You're not supposed to capitalize the s or anything

We're getting custom vehicle rules in the first Chapter Approved so im pretty sure if thise arent a complete cock up they're a guarantee for the ork dex.

For slaanesh, I want to see a codex emperor's children, or codex slaaneshi daemonkin that expands on some of the mechanics present now or in seventh edition.

Unique debuffs tied to leadership.
Attacking even though you're dead because you're that high
Going super fucking fast.

Lesson learned.

I'm thinking of doing a Black Hawk Down-themed list this wednesday with my guard. I've got 4 kasrkin squads and 4 valkyries for them, maybe some assassins to stand in for special forces...any suggestions what else I should take?

DDA is one of your 2 only anti tank units. you tell me

Get some cullexus and ruin his day

Branching out is really the best way.

THANK YOU FOR YOUR INPUT

RIFLES IT IS

>>$20/deathshroud terminator price point
Termie Lord is also $20 for one, I assume they think they're about equal.

>I just don't even know what to say. Are they at least worth their money on the table?
Not really. At most they'll take out a vehicle or absorb wounds for Mortarion, but he'll outrun them quickly and then they'll just waddle along. Shame to admit it but Blightlords are easily much better.

>having unpainted Necrons
How?

You know, I don't mind the Power Armor Primaris Marines at all. They look very reasonable and very good. The Reivers are okay, and the Aggressors feel like there's something missing to make them look really cool.

>in before poorfags clamour for FW ban

>tfw FW WAACfaggot is still butthurt about being called out on his bullshit.

Any ideas on giving a Contempor a missile launcher arm? I use it as a helbrute and there aren't missile arms. Don't want to use the hat missile either

You need a Veeky Forums GOLD account to use spoilers.

>isn't 20 assassins or 200 conscripts or 7 storm ravens
>wonders what the problem is because lets be real the game is fucking broken

Back to /pol/ with you, neo nazi.

Did you realize that horror smite is 1 wound now unless there are 10pinks?

Codex AdMech PDF when?

I'd make Looted Vehicles a stratagem, something like 1-2CP and having a unit of Orks locked in combat to a damaged vehicle, on a 4+ you gain control of the vehicle. Add +1 to the roll for every wound that the vehicle has suffered.

Probably Saturday when it actually releases.

>have FW Thousand Sons transfers
Please forgive me, /40kg/. I'm so sorry.

more stormtrooper squads
stormtrooper command squads
some stormtrooper officers

>Bullshit excuses

Not good enough.

Stop being retarded.

You would have to make it on a 6+ base. Letting orks possibly take over a full health vehicle half the time is a bit silly.

71 points per man, squad 3-6

Don't touch my models you filthy spic.

>Agree to a game with a real nice chap.
>Lay out my renegade army as I'm deploying.
>"Whoa, sweet conversions dude"
>Not conversions, but whatever
>Get to the csm part of my army
>"Whoa, how are you asking guard with chaos"
>"I'm not, I'm using a Rene----"
>wake up in the hospital with a swastika carved into my forehead, no wallet, and four fbi officers questioning me about connections to some group

One of them lent me their phone to make a call, what do I do?

Ok, this is going to be really hard for you right now but, Don't Call Hitler.

Unless that phone is capable of calling Argentinian numbers I'm pretty sure he can't.

Looks good, but they should add "Vect's Castigators" instead of "Vect's Guardian Constructs." I'm even tempted to spam it on their comments.

/40kg/, I just had a thought for a fun shit list; How effective would it be to run a squad of Data Smiths in a Admech army? Say, about 5 in a squad? Or maybe 3? Looking at their stats, it could be really fucking annoying to kill them, especially if you give them the damage reduction dogma. Each one is W4 T4, 2+/5++ and has a powerfist/pistol combo, and each one can repair each other. They seem like a fun choice to use in a Vanguard army.

>《FORGEWORLD》

>>/pol/

Haven't played since last edition but how are the Skitarii fucks doing?

I feel like this is just a few people stroking each other about Forgeworld...

Well, hold on a second. As another Slaanesh player, I would like to point out that a big part of Slaaneshi corruption and the living with Slaaneshi blessings is that your perceptions of reality is so insanely warped that it takes drastic extremes to even catch your eye. Your sense of beauty and your perception are so far beyond what the "normal" mortal can perceive that things that appear to be horrific and/or nonsensical make much more sense to your (insane) perceptions and sense organs. Noise Marines don't play really loud music - they play sonic dirges on warp-tainted machines that their insane minds perceive as music, but to the world is a hyper-destructive soundwave that scrambles the mind as it shatters the body with its unreal cadence and meter. Servants of Slaanesh who obsess about a particular aspect of war - be it ranged warfare, a specific weapon, a specific fighting style - devote EVERY SENSE that they have to its pursuit, and are driven insane by their need to slake a craving that is unquenchable by its very nature.

So yeah, grotesque parodies of beauty are fully in line with Slaaneshi lore.

user, why are you calling him neo nazi?

>our troops are not cheap.

But they are! And are about to become cheaper. A culexus and greyfax would be good and fun additions, after or before that I'd double down on Rangers and vanguard though.

Nurgle approaching more levels of cute.

ok, they're pretty middle of the road. AdMech codex comes out this Saturday so we'll see where we go from there.

Could be amusing. Having 5 Gamma pistols going into vehicles would be funny to see.

Strong, annoying because they have a lot of tricks up their sleeve. Dunecrawlers in particular are very powerful.

Because he's a holocaust denier.

For some reason all the normies think pepe is specifically an alt right symbol now. I'm more mad about them ruining my enjoyment of pepe than their legitimately held racist beliefs.

What did he mean by this?

I was mostly thinking about the 10 Power fist attacks, but the gamma pistol is fun too. Its weird, but they are almost like Terminators but even better.

>t.banana faggot

By not being jailed for being nazis I guess?

As a Thousand Sons player, I hope we get something to help differentiate us from Death Guard playstyle-wise. Currently, both of us are tough marines that focus on short-range firefights and mortal wounds. Maybe some stratagems and/or a legion trait focused on illusions/misdirection that let us move units around the table.

One way to help differentiate us would be to give us access to a minor psychic power table that our squad psykers get access to and that can be cast more than once. Let Aspiring Sorcerers and Scarab Occult Sorcerers be buffers for their units.

I really hope that we either get more than six powers (since every discipline has a couple highly situational and/or shitty powers that means in real terms each discipline only has like 3-4 powers worth taking psykers for) and/or some way to double up on powers. The ability to spam psykers (not that Thousand Sons are really that good at spamming real psykers) suffers significant diminishing returns from Psychic Focus.

I hope we get the Daemonforge stratagem, as it's the only thing that really makes Defilers/Forgefiends worthwhile.

>replies with the ugly as fuck dorito looking like it is drunk as fuck

Holy shit, my sides!

The only thing else I want to see for thousand sons is cooler options than smite-lite for all the mf wizards rollin around. I don't play them but it would pretty dope if your average list basically brought they're whole psychic disipline by default, and you end up smiting because the dudes left have nothing else to do.

How is that possibly a problem? Only Pink Horrors can throw fire, all Horrors only cast on a single die, and units with less than 10 Pinks only do a single mortal wound.

Why would the phone not be capable of doing that? Like, every phone in the world can do that.

I dunno man maybe it can't make overseas calls or something. Depends on this mobile line plan I guess.

"I overcharge my plasma canon dev squad"
*at least 243 points vanish*

>old typhus
>quietly imposing in a way signifying the inexorable approach of death and decay
>new typhus
>retarded flailing cartoon that looks like he's trying to call out to his mate steve that he saw down the road or something

One thing that I'm worried about and forgot to mention is that I hope psykers isn't the sole extent of what we get. It's thematic as hell, but it makes the army trivially easy to shut down by anyone that wants to pay the pittance for a Culexus.

I don't want to see anything that makes smite spam even better. Other powers, sure.

Tricky stuff would be fun. Powers or stratagems that okay with hidden information.

And of course, make them the mortal wounds at long range faction to balance out the short range of the death guard mortal wounds.

Go home rommel

Dunno if its what he's facing but brimstone horrors are 2 points per model so a 20 point squad of 10 has 10 wounds and pumps out a free mortal wound. It's actually pretty absurd.

user, you would literally shit your pants if you had to face the deredo.

No American mobile plan is unable to make overseas calls.

It's 50 + 8 for the plaguespurt gauntlet + 17 for the manreaper, so 75 / man.

What is it worth 40k You Tube channels charging money for extra 'tactics' and battle reports? No other tabletop game does this, it's just a Warhammer thing

It often costs boatloads of extra cash to do so, though.

>35$ clampack a pittance

Ugh.

But yes, hit modifier stratagems, gateway style deep striking, or even setting up dummy units (!) with a "charge cp on deployment" stratagem would be very cool. As it is I think they're alright with the rubrics, tzaangors, cultists, and scarab occult. The DG went a little overboard on lesser characters of marginal usefulness who are essentially cad copies of eachother, so be careful what you wish for lol.

>my orks took control of your vehicle, m8. Gonna move it now.
No.

Those people have no tactics worth sharing and its stupid to charge for extra content. Only other tabletop wargame with a competitive scene is warmahordes and that game has no secrets at this point.

Aren't they 3 points now given codex CSM? Still absurd but your numbers are a tiny bit off.
It's kinda unfortunate that the single blue horror exploit is a thing, makes it so that you can easily avoid one of the bigger drawbacks of brimstones with just two points.

At that point may as well take another spurt ;^)

Brimstones got bumped to 3 PPM, and it's 1/3 chance to throw that mortal wound.

They're still good, but more as cheap objective grabbers/screening units. If you want Smites, grab a couple heralds and/or Magnus.

Rubric Marines and Scarab Occult are a shitty investment for Smite spam. I want them to be good at other things (namely blasting with Rend 2 Bolters and being difficult to kill), which is why I want a minor psychic power table for them to use.

>scams

Sure but if you have to call Hitler because someone got mad at your guard counts-as army you're gonna make that call.

Not to mention you murder half the unit if you perils

You're both right, i just opened the index and forgot they have a codex.

There are some premium podcasts for warmahordes and most of their events run on donation.

Capitalists gonna capitalise my man. Weirdly enough my favorite is striking scorpion 82, if only because the models and tables are generally fantastic.

>Mfw running hordes of Dragoons with the Stygies doctrine is now valid
>Thats 6 Dragoons, -2 to hit at 12" or farther, all with 3 attacks on Str 8 AP -1
>Give them data tethers and your hitting on 2+'s, getting more attacks on 4+
>Mfw for the Lady of the Server
Jesus, I feel like the ghost of Bretonnia some how snuck into the Admech

Newbie to 8th here, got a rules question:

If I have a Battlewagon filled with Nobz and charge right into melee with it, can I during my following turn disembark the unit from inside into the combat?