Steampunk dnd game

>steampunk dnd game
>party repeatedly won't stop spamming illusory terrain to create fake airstrips to misguide landing planes

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Z7jvpU6lR5E
youtube.com/watch?v=THzgoCzzkds
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

What the fuck kind of ATC wouldn't warn the pilot that there's not actually a runway where they're landing?

That's pretty funny. You deserve it for playing in/ running a steampunk campaign.

>ATC
>steampunk
Those planes probably don't even have radios.

If they are powerful enough to cover that much area with that spell then fuck it, OP. They deserve to crash some goddamn planes. Also has a point; someone's gonna make that damn save/disbelieve.

Illusions have a size limit

>planes
>steampunk

Where the fuck are the airships, man

>steampunk
>planes
I don't think you understand the genre

Illusory mooring mast is not nearly as dangerous as illusory airstrip.

>I don't think you understand the genre
I don't think you can read. It's in the fucking OP.

Then OP doesn't understand the genre either

This is a problem for you why? We can only give advice if we know your priorities.

dumb dnd-playing steampunk wojak poster

dude, he didn't say it was a stealth fighter or something, he just said "plane".

if you can't visualize a clockwork biplane or something there's not much hope for you.

ATC could be using flags or flares instead. We've had 'Way to communicate a long way' for quite some time if you don't mind some imprecision.

That's ugly as shit. Airships are cool. Why not just use airships?

>steampunk
>planes

so i guess its gay ass magic steam punk where anything is possible.

>ATC could be using flags or flares instead.
But those can be a part of an illusory airstrip.

You do have to admit, they do kinda stick out as a bit anachronistic to the form of retro-futurism steampunk is supposed to represent.

It's not that they can't have a place in it, it's just weird.

Like the assault rifle in fallout 4 looking like a water-cooled machine gun. They're just mashing various "old" things together.

Now that I think of it that sounds like D&D in a nutshell.

The players would have to know the signal code to effectively mislead.
Especially after the first few accidents people will start being more wary.
Signals are all nonsense? Lets not land anyway after what happened recently in this region.

That sounds pretty fucking hilarious to be honest. Now I'm hoping for two wizard towers to be involved.

>Retro-futurism steampunk is supposed to represent.
But people had been dreaming about heavier than air aircraft since Renaissance.

youtube.com/watch?v=Z7jvpU6lR5E
They can fit just fine.

Yeah, fair enough. But when you say airplane you tend to evoke a specific image that dates back to the early 20th century.

It's not the inclusion of flight I'm saying feels a little weird, just that specific kind of aeroframe.

But this is also D&D, which incorporates cultures, social models, and technology from the early ancient period to the renaissance, so it being a mishmash is entirely fitting.

>cyberpunk dnd
>Party can't stop having incredible moments of badass driving and hacking missiles.

>hacking missiles
You mean hacking into missile guidance system or literally cutting them into pieces with their chainsaw katanas?

Both.

>steampunk
>DnD game
>planes

Holy shit this sounds like the worst game I've read of this entire month.

Why such a extreme reaction?

grossly underrated post

steamfags are the most cancerous people on the fucking planet

>I don't remember there being an airstrip here
>Even if there is, it's not the one I'm planning to land at.
>Lets land anyway.

Why are the pilots such morons ?

Pilots routinely got lost until modern ATC was invented.

Same thought, Dieselpunk or fuck off.

>Illusions have a size limit
OP didn't actually play in a steampunk D&D game.

Whay do you men, there are games that are not DnD? Mind = blown.

Why?

>Whay do you men, there are games that are not DnD?
No

>cyberpunk dnd game
>party repeatedly won't stop hacking peoples eyes to create fake walkways between 80-story buildings

Where is the police?
If the party starts doing illegal shit, call the police/guards/judges on their arse.

What kind of idiot pilot lands on a strip that wasn't his destination to begin with?

>You see Boris
>We put illusory airstrip on top of rocks
>and then just wait until plane crash lands on rocks!

A kind that got lost because GPS doesn't exist yet? A kind whose plane is broken or runs low on fuel? A kind that sees storm approaching and decides to wait it over on the ground?

And in the whole wide world, it just happens to be lost/low on fuel/in a storm there?

Perhaps players are camping out few kilometers away from an actual airstrip and try to catch anyone flying there?

If your DM can't come up with an in-game way to fuck up that plan the 2nd or 3rd time they run it, then your DM is an incompetent fag.

Oh wait, are YOU the DM, OP?

I too feel that airplanes are more dieselpunk than steampunk but that is neither here nor there since there is no rigorous definition.
More to the point I'm wondering how many times they could get away with it before they piss off the wrong people. Surely someone powerful will notice that the party is fucking with them and bring down hell upon the PCs. You can't just crash someones planes and expect no retribution.
youtube.com/watch?v=THzgoCzzkds

No that's mandalorian fanboys

Why are Mandalorians so bad they were relevant in a thread about steampunk?
Shut up you stupid fucking retard bitch ass fuck Mandos are cool

As a Kreiafag, i would argue that Kreiafags are the worst.

>Like the assault rifle in fallout 4 looking like a water-cooled machine gun.
Your mistake was using ballistic weapons in 4. They all suck. The fact that they can be silenced barely makes up for it

>steampunk
>dnd
Found your first mistakes.

Nah. While both avellone and traviss didn't/don't get Star wars, at least avellone created a decent story and interesting characters. Traviss is just wants supersoldier husbandos to jill to. You're both worse than steampunkfags though

You tried.

I mean, you didn't actually read OP's post, but you tried.

>Pilot is flying in enemy territory
>Mission is to destroy enemy airfield
>Sees fake airstrip
>Thinks it's real
>Bombs it
>PCs are a bit too close

I'm assuming your the DM? If so, then realize you are the creative engine behind the campaign. If something keeps happening and its getting repetitive and dull. Go ahead and mix it up a little bit. Have some wizard pilots. Thrown in traditional airships that don't need a runway to land. Don't have a scenario where the enemy is trying to land while they're fighting the party.

Yes, because this could only happen in a D&D game, right?

Oh, wait, that's wrong, never mind, you're just functionally retarded.

Literally the first line of the post is "steampunk dnd game"

Sounds like something any party would do.

This is why you only replace one eye.

So they're public enemy number 1 now, right? Send some steampunk mercs with lightning guns after them.

>party is not satisfied with illusions
>take up crafting
>build an actual fake airstrip
>realize planes are worth more intact than crashed
>learn flag language to make sure planes land correctly
>first plane to land was the in-setting equivalent of a cheap shitbox
>crew had little cash
>"whatever we'll just direct them to another airstrip and wait for saucier targets"
>party sets up a working fuel pump, a rest area, a diner etc. to make the fake airport look more appealing
>they now effectively run a real airport
>mfw this charade went on for months

>steampunk dnd game
What?

Don't care if this was invented on spot or real situation, I still had my laugh