EDH/Commander General /edhg/

Vengeance Edition

Previous: RESOURCES

>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.
tappedout.net

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the the internet.
edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.
manabasecrafter.com/

CARD SEARCH

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface.
magiccards.info/

Thread Question: What 1 or two color commander would you make tricolor and what would their new colors be?

Other urls found in this thread:

magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/magic-story/games-2016-04-27
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/reki-09032017/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/07-09-17-kambals-chicken-noodle-soup/
mtg.gamepedia.com/Suspend
wiki.magicjudges.org/en/w/CR:601.2f
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>What 1 or two color commander would you make tricolor and what would their new colors be?
odric, naya

I would add blue to meren

Tishana really makes me want to make a Simic Merfolk tribal deck, but the more I look at her, the less I want her at the helm of such a deck.

Who would make a better Merfolk Tribal commander?
I'm thinking perhaps Kruphix.

Boros Kazuul
Jeskai Taigam

>What 1 or two color commander would you make tricolor and what would their new colors be?
Patron of the Moon, Bant
Higure, the Still Wind, Esper
Uyo, Silent Prophet, Temur
Baral, Chief of Compliance, Sultai
Patron of the Kitsune, Abzan
Oyobi, Who Split the Heavens, Esper
He Who Hungers, Esper
Shirei, Shizo's Caretaker, Sultai or Jund

Alright /edhg/, I'm gonna finally go taboo and build Infect. I pulled a foil Berserk and want to execute players with it in style.

What nasty, dirty combat tricks do I need to make Infect as fun as possible?

Also, what's your alcohol of choice during /edh/ nights?

I mean, Zegana.

Elder of Laurels, Accelerated Mutation, Aspect of Hydra, Exoskeletal Armor, Ghoul's Feast, Hatred

Lost too many family members to alcohol poisoning to consider drinking.

does his effect work with persist? if so, then, caldron of souls, woodfall primus, and puppeteer clique

Zegana has problems though, you want her with fatties, and Merfolk are really small.

Serrated Arrows?

Anyone know of any good and spicy stax pieces? Trying to throw a deck together, but I can't think of enough pieces to actually make a solid deck. Any advice or recommendations welcome.

Zegana is probably better overall but she doesn't really go well with a tribal strategy and I'm not sure what synergy you're trying to reign in here. The counter synergy of the merfolk in Ixalan?

Colours?

what kind of deck would this dude fit into?

Tasigur, he was designed for a dedicated delve deck.

necroskitter, virulent wound, and this. Im sure you can find a combo with doubling seasons

a bad one. dont play it. big creatures without abilities are not good in edh.

Tasigur Delve.

Esper.

It's functionally just some big moron creature, and not even in zones where that can be abused.

Meet my wife's friend.

She's somewhat temperamental and has this white pride thing going on but everyone just seems to kind of except it so I go with the flow and put up with her.

Is your wife Gisa? Telling you man, she's gonna bite your dick off.

There are rules against Gisa and Nahiri being friends.

Nahiri is best girl.

magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/magic-story/games-2016-04-27

Best girl she might be.
Because Elesh is a lady.

If you were proficient enough in white mana to the point where you could heal any kind of injury
Just how kinky would you get during the sexings?

how do I deal with the locust god wheel deck?

Nekusar

Black Market, Pestilence.
Any kind of spot removal on Locust God

Burning Sands + Aether Flash/Tainted Aether/Night of Souls' Betrayal

detention sphere

Bant Noyan Dar

I can never forgive the writers for absolutely nosediving her character.

Sultai Sheoldred
Bant OG Avacyn
Abzan Meren
Mardu Godo

>Me playing ScarabGodWheels.dec
>Friend playing Nekusar
>Realize right after the game started how horrible this matchup is
>Manage to Evil Twin his Nekusar
>Wheel a few times and gg

I still would rather not do that matchup again.

>want to play grixis
>spellslinger + lots of card draw, control/combo
>don't want the table to hate me just from looking at my commander

who should I play?

Garza Vol

so if you have a thorn of amethyst out does that mean you can cast lotus bloom for 1 mana?

NaN+1 = NaN.

Nope.

Anyone wanna give advice for my Reki? I'm down for whatever. It is pretty casual, obviously, but I'm up for suggestions.

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/reki-09032017/

I'm probably cutting loads of spirits for some superfriends soon.

I used to play MTG years and years ago. The artwork entranced me. I had an all green deck with Protean Hydras, but I just don't care to play on professional levels or buy boosters.
My younger brother, who is 28, is starting to play again and has even made several decks.
I played with him and while there was a laugh or two, I gotta say, the magic is gone.
BUT
If he is serious, and I do want to play with him, I want to play for fun this time around. What are some fun cards and decks? I don't care about type or specific strategy. I just want a deck to fuck around. Give me the wackiest cards you can find. Roll 20 dice, rip the card up and sprinkle it, doesn't matter.
I just want to create alot of laughs with my bro while enjoying an old past time again.

Thanks.

>Mairsil, Inalla, Tomorrow, Homura, Lazav, Jori En, Kuon, Varolz
>All get me hated out of the game first
What's a good, inconspicuous commander?

whats a good amount of mana rocks hokori should run?

Who fucking hates out Jori En and Varolz? Jesus Christ.

It might not be an issue with the commander. They might just hate YOU.

That's not a legal commander, though.

fight club deck

They're just afraid that I might combo or something, even if I don't run any combos in the deck at all. One pretty much runs burn, Red Deck Wins, and the most straightforward voltron builds (just a bunch of equipment, rocks, and creature nukes, along with equipment support), and the other plays battlecruiser to the point where his average CMC in most decks is around 5-6, aside from targeted artifact and land destruction cards.

Then just build some shitty theme deck. That's your best bet. Like, Trample themed Stonebrow.

They know what to expect then.

which sucks, cause thats a really fun ability. tons of politics

I tried that once; just Talrand and a shitton of cantrips. But I found it boring; what I like about the game is having card interactions and synergies.

>tons of politics
If I set up a political situation, everyone just focuses me.

>oh no, barry's removing terry's commander
>in response move darksteel mutation to the commander
>stare at him while he wonders if he should thank you or not

Scrambleverse, polymorphists jest, omnibian, any squirrel card.

Literally stuff like that. If I do anything to disrupt one player on behalf of another, they assume that I'm doing it because I'm about to use their board to combo off. I've done anything like that precisely twice: dropping kicked Rite of Replication on Angry Omnath and on Scourge of Valkas

jI'm brewing Tishana, she definity lends herself to Merfolk tribal more than Zegana.

Themes for the deck include card draw (no max hand size), going wide with merfolk, using cryptolith rite + leyline of anticipation/alchemist's refuge + merrow commerce.

i dont know what to say then, i gave my 2 cents

Is Exquisite Blood and Mindcrank the only cards that trigger off of an opponent's loss of life?

I might go full asshole and run stax, tailoring around their decks just like the only interaction they include is to deal with whatever commander they think I'll be playing.

I have a question that i allready know the answers to buttt,is anyone her willing to help me build a decent Iroas/Kambal deck?

>Really want to play Kalov
>Hate how he looks like a fat ghost in his art

I know not every card art should be this super cool dude kicking ass, but Kalov always looks like a fucking dweeb.

Trying to keep it under 300$,if anyone helps,thanks. Obvious fixes but this are the beta.Il set list if anyone gives a damn,thanks Veeky Forums

Yes, unless you count Neheb.

Swords of x and y

I don't. I was just looking for anything I may not have thought of for my Kambal deck.

With Kambal, run a bunch of taxes, stax pieces, and thing that punish creature-players. Tainted Aether, Inheritance, Lethal Vapors, No Mercy, Spreading Plague, and Isolation Cell are all nice.

But that is what makes it so great when you swing for lethal.

which one though

Play Ayli then.

>accept

It's because you owe him money

What's a good way of protecting this nice woman from the likes of Elesh and Carnifex?

Strata Scythe, Lashwrithe, Nightmare Lash, Pennon Blade

How do you know that is a woman?

>Mindcrank
This is going straight to Kambal

If you add that, might as well also use Bloodchief Ascension.

I read it referred as "her" in a comment and then went on assuming that it was a feminine Japanese name... but looking into a wiki entry the character is male and the name just means "spirit"

I'm tired, okay?

I didn't think of that, thanks!

I'm sorry, user

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/07-09-17-kambals-chicken-noodle-soup/

Here's my list. I just updated the paper version a couple hours ago and this doesn't reflect that but it may give you some ideas.

>but looking into a wiki entry the character is male
Actually, looking around at official materials, Shirei's gender doesn't appear to be specified. The wiki article seems to be the only source that uses pronouns at all.

What's some spicy tech for the King of Babylon? Of course ramp/rocks, Telepathy effects, and discard synergies are obvious, but what are some less-obvious choices?

Thanks I'll check it out

Training Grounds, Heartstone, Thousand-Year Elixir, Pemmin's Aura, Paradox Engine and Isochron Reversal

Who is your favorite Grixis commander?

Cage Rage

Mishra

So I've got misprinted karn in booster yesterday. Should I fight off the urge to stick him in either jeleva or markov(only decks that I have). He doesn't really fit but he does look good

so i want to use these in a deck, but i don't know if i should go mono green, go green white for tragic arrogance and balancing act, green black for creature stealing shit and grave betrayal, or grixis / jund for prince of thralls / more land sacrifice effects

commanders i am thinking of are any mono green, selvala explorer returned, any b/g(ive got many black green generals), ghave, marchesa, or waki catdragons

nicol bolas. pet elder deck that i'm still developing

nice to see the long living tradition of both edh players and Veeky Forums being shit at magic.

>mtg.gamepedia.com/Suspend
>702.61d Casting a spell as an effect of its suspend ability follows the rules for paying alternative costs in rules 601.2b and 601.2f–h.
>wiki.magicjudges.org/en/w/CR:601.2f
>Some effects may increase or reduce the cost to pay, or may provide other alternative costs

TLDR: Yes, you still have to pay the 1 generic mana extra on noncreature spells while thorn of amethyst is in play

>this guy being the retard while calling others shit at magic

the question was if you could just CAST lotus bloom for 1 if thorn is in play not about how much it casts after it gets cast from suspend

actually, that's my bad. didn't catch that.
on the other hand though i assumed nobody would be that retarded to think thorn would let you just cast lotus bloom without suspending it.
so i guess everybody wins

Green/red