>/5eg/ Alternate Trove:
dnd.rem.uz/5e D&D Books/

>5etools:
astranauta.github.io/5etools.html

>Resources Pastebin:
pastebin.com/X1TFNxck

>Tomb of Annihilation leaks album
imgur.com/a/iglMj

>Tomb of Annihilation complete official art dump (pdf)
mega.nz/#!JyB0zbhI!UqyuEBdi65FfAWpQYJU8htDvJ8XE4wy_vpLOBQEZXc4

>Tortle Package (pdf)
mega.nz/#!Kgw10Qha!DvWcsgAyGdNFtspYAUNWNCCPrzALIWY36ES9UXWCXRI

>Previous thread:
What's got you more hyped? XGE or ToA?

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/mikemearls/status/909977249843003392
astranauta.github.io/crcalculator.html#3,184,10,56,5,false,Gargantuan,16,12,false,0,false,0,traits:
mega.nz/#F!19ZwlB7J!2_05lFCkIV8F_rG-43qCfQ!VhRExCiQ
youtube.com/watch?v=ZeZL2R9jDJM&t=2066s
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Obligatory merals

>What's got you more hyped? XGE or ToA?
Considering ToA is already out and has great reviews, all of my hype is now for Xanathar's

Reminder that the ToA listed in the alternate trove is NOT actually the book. Someone took a bunch of data from the roll20 purchase, put it through markup, and then made a pdf out of it. Its missing a bunch of stuff.

XGE hands down, I like beholders my players hate fighting them because they say it's a)creepy and b)I play them smart also we've never used modules so I only pull stuff from online here and there.

>What's got you more hyped? XGE or ToA?
Why not both, I'm gonna be using ToA as a direct continuation of my campaign through Yawning portal. Just going to be beefing up some monsters in chult and my group should have a good time. I've been hyping up acererack as the main cause of the party's trouble so this would be good finale.

Obligatory reaction

Redpill me on Nentir Vale

XGE. My primary group won't get around to playing ToA until next year some time, but my creative well for coming up with new characters ran dry a few months back, so I'm hoping with XGE I can whip up a few more ideas to try.

>Oh God someone is going to throw money at him and get some furry shit pushed through

>incoming brony horsevaginamancy

It's shit.

>minotaur

What do you use for alternative crafting rules? Do you houserule it by increasing the gp/day ratio or do you use an alternative, decently built system?

>tfw no gf to play a centaur barbarian/elf ranger combo with

Downtime UA

Minotaur is better desu

Anyone have the new AL content?

>tfw gf is DM and we can't ERP during sessions without making other people uncomfortable
>tfw we do it anyways

I too would like this.

everyone go in and vote $2500 so no one will actually afford it

>Just imagined two sour looking, low-end of the gene pool fatties using text based formatting to impose their un-creative fetishes on people just wanting to enjoy the game.

>$2500
>Implying degenerates won't pool money together
If they can get their fetish legal they'll pay damn near any amount.

Check the PDF Share Thread, I checked em a few days ago and one of em had all the AL content up-to-date.
Always useful shit in there for the DM, plenty of monster and NPC stat blocks that never make it to full books, like Ice Spire Ogres and Mob of Villagers.

>tfw I DM for four girls and they enjoy my magical realm

but only one of them gets to play it. Each subclass is unique and only one individual gets to play it.

>Show up to play DnD
>DM and her boytoy can't keep their shit tier fetishes out of the game
>Quickly reminded why I forever DM

>challenge 3
>4x 14 damage attacks per turn
>expected PC HP at level 3: 30 would be pretty nice
>kills one PC per round, effectively
This is 5e encounter design, folks.

there's like a million things in the pdf share thread op

True only one can play it in AL but the others can try and use that to get it into more tables.

New to the game. My friend is roleplaying a fighter with gladiator background and the character is the stubborn type that generally refuses to run away from a fight. Any ideas on what my character could say or do to convince his character to retreat if necessary?

It's perfect as the tool to deal with Chaotic Stupid, Chaotic Asshole and lulrandomz players in general though.

Walk away. 'Yo dude, shit's busted, let's get them back later', walk away.

any DM retarded enough to accept would have accepted dandwiki trash, too.

When is XGE due to come out?

November 10th digitally and in WPN stores, November 21st everywhere else.

>Multiattack of four times with incredible amount of damage
>184 hp
>CR 3

What the fuck.

Manually calculating it's CR puts it at 6, no idea where 3 comes from.

Personally I just require the PC to have proficiency in the tools they're trying to work with. Every night that they're working on something they get to make a d20 roll, adding relevant modifier and proficiency bonus. I subtract that number from the total gp price, and when they hit 0 after repeated subtractions, the item's done.

For downtime crafting I let them roll with advantage, and juggle projects if they like. A single NPC blacksmith gets 1d20+2 and therefore should be able to make a suit of plate in about 2.5 months, which seems about right to me.

Are you supposed to RP you way out?

Holy fuck that's terrifying.
I love it.
Probably shouldn't be CR3 though. I got CR5-CR6 based on that fucking crazy damage.

astranauta.github.io/crcalculator.html#3,184,10,56,5,false,Gargantuan,16,12,false,0,false,0,traits:

This is just more solid proof that AL is trash. The designers don't even familiarize themselves with the rules before making shit.

And keep out of melee. The only ranged they have is stones and its damage is pitiful compared to the rest.
They have 20ft. of movement per round vs 25-30 for PCs.

I could definitely see RP being the focus point, but I'm not sure that RP is an important enough part to warrant such a low CR, with CR being AC, health, damage etc.

Not to mention that this is a mob of people. Mobs don't just show up without being riled up by some cause. If they have torches lit and are carry heavy sticks, they probably formed for the express purpose of destroying something, probably the chaotic stupid warlock's dumbass.

found it
mega.nz/#F!19ZwlB7J!2_05lFCkIV8F_rG-43qCfQ!VhRExCiQ

You make a good point, the stones do a lot less dam-
Hold on a fucking minute, does it say it does MORE damage with less health?

It also says that 1d4 averages to 10.

4d4 averages 10

I think it's a typo meant to be 4d4.

Still with a +2 to hit vs +5 at melee....

Yes, yes it does.

Apparently, so does 1d4.

+2 ranged attack.
With +4 str and +0 dex.
And +5 melee.

None of this makes any sense.

and people wonder why we shit on homebrew.

The module I nabbed this from is DDAL4-08 The Broken One.
I checked when it comes up... apparently it's an optional encounter if the party chooses one recourse over another, and it's supposed to be defeated at half-hit points... which raises the following questions:
1) why even bother with listing the damage reduction at half hp
2) why not just halve its hp in general?

Can Mold Earth be used to bore through a castle's stone walls?

• If you target an area of loose earth, you can instantaneously excavate it, move it along the ground, and deposit it up to 5 feet away. This movement doesn't have enough force to cause damage.

nope

No

>This movement doesn't have enough force to cause damage.

You know, this is something I hate about D&D magic; why not just let it also be a damage spell? Then you don't have to make another spell that causes damage in a similar way, and you add a bit of depth in that the wizard now considers loose soil to be more advantageous in this way than other kinds of terrain.

...probably not a debate for 5eg I guess.

Well considering it's a cantrip that's why, most cantrips focus on doing one small thing or damage, not both.

new to /5eg/ here. what kind of music do ya'll like to have on during session? I fall back on Basil Poledouris Conan music usually but I could use some suggestions.

youtube.com/watch?v=ZeZL2R9jDJM&t=2066s

Except those cantrips that do damage and debuff the target. And then there's Eldritch Blast.

Witcher and Divinity series soundtracks. Wardruna.

cool thanks, I've used Bloodbourne and Dark Souls OST a few times. I'll add those to the list

>And debuff
Requires a saving throw and is usually awful anyway
>eldritch blast
Now I know you are retarded. I don't even know where to begin with this.

EB does force damage, Vicious Mockery is a d4 and exclusive, most of the other rider effects are extremely minor and not useful out of combat. I suppose Produce Flame does, but its also just worse than firebolt for attacking. Ray of Frost is probably the best that actually "debuffs" at all, 10 foot slow being useful situationally, but it isn't utility at all.

>Requires a saving throw and is usually awful anyway
Still one small thing plus damage. No reason Mold Earth can't have a saving throw and some small damage, too, seeing as it's mostly awful anyway.

>I don't even know where to begin with this.
Try beginning with an argument.

>>I don't even know where to begin with this.
>Try beginning with an argument.
How about the fact that EB is damage, with no other benefit, exclusive to a single spell list, and has nothing to do with anything you are discussing outside of being a cantrip.

>5e encounter design
>Getting into melee is suicidal
Martials are out unless you have a bow. Casters are still more effective.
>Does enough damage to kill a PC a turn
I sure love whack-a-mole combat

>what is repelling blast

Mobs shouldn't be immune to being Frightened

A warlock feature, invocations and EB being the thing the class is designed around.

That's like saying that swords are great! They can be used to attack 8 times in a round, and you can push with each one!

A warlock feature you get at level 1. For a cantrip that is only on the warlock spell list.

e encounter design
It goes against 5es encounter design, which is why it was being mocked. It violates its own rules for just about every part of its existence, while also including typos.

>Proficiency of +2 and Str mod of +4
>+5 to hit

Well, i'm now with the other user, you are too stupid to reason with.

5e's encounter design is awful though.

saved. So much asspain, so little time

>A warlock feature you get at level 1
>Warlocks don't get invocations until level 2

>Hit: 10 (1d4) or 5 (2d4)

wat????

that must feel nice

sorry i don't play terrible classes

>"I cast eldritch bolt"
>repeat until the wizard kills all the enemies
good times

>repeat until the fighter kills all the enemies

>Fighter
>Killing things when there's a wizard in the party

How an archfey pact elf warlock should be dress?
Do I go hippie or some weird shit?

I think you should cast Eldritch Blast

It is some kind of meme cantrip am new to the game so I wouldn´t know

However the fuck you want, but it's gonna be either bright as acid or dark as charcoal.

In dashing, noble clothes? He's a Representative of the fey courts, so dress like a courtier.

Meant to
It´s a pact with titania, any source of lore about her I just find the basics

It's your class feature.
Also the only interesting thing you get to do more than once an encounter.

Do you agree with this chart, and which should fill in the "?"

Grim Dark?

>Wizard dealing damage

Actually doing the damage is for peasants, Wizards should use their intellect to manage the tactical and strategic elements of a combat for maximum advantage, so they may conserve spell slots and their own valuable time.

Does grimdark need high magic? I was thinking of putting dungeon punk a la Eberron.

what lvl 2 wiz spells would you suggest? Im thinking of misty step and mirror image to start off

Most Grimdark use magic, you can´t have edgy fuckery without magic,
well you can but it isn´t as fun