Thread Theme: youtube.com/watch?v=X3H5Lx6rOgg

/sfg/ unified link repository: pastebin.com/BBVzM7tm
Cheatsheet: paizo.com/paizo/blog/v5748dyo5lk2n?Starfinder-Cheat-Sheet
FAQ: paizo.com/starfinder/faq

Things to do:
Run games
Raid the other Science fiction/ fantasy games and steal their map assets
Make a PDF with all the fixes
Make a PDF explaining away all the gender things like we have in this thread when /pol/ makes an appearance
Make a Plant race
Make a fish race
Make a Build-a-Bot construct race
Make a Veeky Forums adventure path

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.4plebs.org/tg/search/text/starfinder/username/mageguru/
paizo.com/products/btpy9ujg/discuss&page=2?Starfinder-Alien-Archive#55
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chromatophore
paizo.com/threads/rzs2uizv?Space-combat-skill-DC-progression-issue#15
twitter.com/AnonBabble

old thread

Not sure if that is an anime pic.
Are we allowed to post in a Starfinder thread if there is no OP anime pic?

Page fucking 6, cocksucker.

the ambiguity is part of the excitement, user!
lets post anyway and see what happens!

an update on the nagarta PDF. we are almost done with the writing i think. regarding nagarta size/weight/age i wrote this and added it to the supplemental fluff section:

Height / Weight / Age – Nagarta are born from a large egg instead of live birth. Therefore they are not born as undeveloped as humans. They reach maturity in 10 years and live 100+1D20 years. They are 9-10 feet long when stretched out, but when standing upright reach 4.5-5.5 feet tall with their tails extending out about 5 feet. Nagarta’s long muscled tails increase their weight compared to a similar sized humanoid. They weigh between 250-450 pounds.

feedback welcome, it seems to make sense for the size restrictions the game has, but someone correct me if i need it.

introduction - 100%
stats - 100%
physical description - 100%
homeworld - 100%
society - 90%
alignment -100%
relations - 95%
adventurers - 100%

i hope they add a charisma caster soon. i want an oracle class converstion. oracle is the most awesome class i have ever seen in a rpg. think of all the crazy and awesome revelations a space oracle could have.

great for a space opera

I doubt they're adding any classes soon.

The Oracle and Mystic have some serious thematic overlap.

Most of it seems fine, what more do we need for Society and Relations?

The farther from Single White Gamer perceptions of reality they are, the more explanation they'll need.

Maybe how they were before the Vesk and the Pact showed up, which I'm imagining to be extremely Earth Like. The Aliens would be like our modern conspiracies, working in the background, and then some damaged Swarm ships show up and fall into !Jupiter. Masquerade ruined, everyone get to the ships, enter Starfinder period.

As for relations, maybe they don't get along too well Large and Larger sized Aquatic species?

t. salty anime OP faggot

i need to organize my scifi folder

the cleric, and orcle has thematic overlap, my melanin enriched friend

anime OP is the worst. i have learned to just ingore his bitching. everything he says is just bullshit designed to manipulate people to let him post faggotry

>Maybe how they were before the Vesk and the Pact showed up, which I'm imagining to be extremely Earth Like.
they had space travel before the pact worlds discovered them

Dat booty tho.

i got more

That is straight up Troop Ceremonial Plate, though.

so... are the paizo forums worth a damn for anyhting? i see nothing of value over there.

>so... are the paizo forums worth a damn for anyhting?

They're worth a damn when you want to mine for sweet, sweet eye-rolling fuel. Better yet, they're ideal for when you want to post your ~hot opinion~ where a developer might actually see it.

unless said opinion would force them to admit a flaw in the design.

many of us were very surprised to even see admission on the part of ship DCs....

how many people actually work for paizo anyway?
and when is the monster book coming out?
are there high expectations for it?

There's a very useful shipbuilding spreadsheet that got made that's sitting over there in the homebrew section. It's also where the actual developers are most likely to appear, for what that's worth.

Other than that, it's just another community. Pick the circlejerk flavor you like, or double the poison and drink both.

Do those kinds of shorts have a specific name?

I'm looking to run a campaign in this system later this week, any recommendations or advice on what to do? Theres not really any adventure modules or too many monsters at the moment, so what can I convert from pathfinder while still being thematically appropriate and interesting?
I'm thinking about having quest regarding gray aliens abducting people, and the Hopkins goblin attacking a farm with the pcs helping fight off the enemies. Or having reptilians in the government with a big conspiracy plot. Or the other thing I was thinking was having the Pcs help protect and work for the last dragon on the world.

>The Reprilians in the Government Conspiracy
That's Racist, Speciest, and what's the one for denigrating someone's religion? Because Iggy Iguana has been a good citizen and addition to our space country!

>Last Dragon
I'd actually spring for this one, depending on where you take it. Is he just a quest piñata, or will the campaign be about cloning it AND getting it off world?

I was going to use him as more or less a quest piñata, with the major city being built up around him and people being attracted to him for his protection, with the pcs preventing an attack on him by assassins etc etc. But holy shit, I really like the idea of cloning it and moving it off the planet, that leads into a lot more interesting space scenarios with pirates attacking and gives a reason for players to travel space.

I'm still a pretty new DM and have some troubles coming up with some ideas. I'm not sure how to keep all the planets and cities interesting and engaging

Your reminder that space combat is broken and anyone who claims that anyone anywhere will correct the math is a liar.

>Keep all the planets and cities interesting
Give them hats. The PCs are only there to do something and leave. It's fine to typecast them, have them make up sayings and history, then move on.

>Pcs help protect and work for the last dragon on the world.
theres an entire planet ruled by dragons

Are you saying that from a lore perspective or like as an idea suggestion? Because I'm doing a homebrew setting.
Ive considered just taking pathfinder settings and using them, like I find the horror setting really fucking cool, but I just worry that the lines will blur too much between the two games and be boring for the players.

>Are you saying that from a lore perspective or like as an idea suggestion?
the book setting has a planet with an entire continent of kingdoms ruled by dragons. they have fought long wars against the other continent not ruled by dragons

planet is called triaxis

It's a Hipster Dragon, of course it doesn't want to go to the Dragon planet. It wants to go to some world you've probably never heard of

You'll need a different type of Horror. Zombie filled space stations, Space Hulks teeming with who knows what, because apparently the Skellington planet can be hospitable if you go to the right places.

Maybe add a sense of dread with bounty hunters and pirates constantly after you. For all the Dragon's power, it's just a big target in the future, and there is a lot of people willing to pay for Dragonparts like they were poached tigers.

Oh yeah, forgot about that. I was going to go off a homebrew setting, but I could task the Pc with bringing the dragon to that planet. But that just feels less epic

I like that, landing on an abandoned ship or searching for said ship, just to find the whole crew dead. Its a cool opportunity to get some dead-spacey shit going.
Especially if the dragon is the last of his kind in the known solar system, bounty hunters would be looking to collect it to sell to collectors

Am I reading this right? Unless you have Weapon Specialization, a gun is never going to have a flat modifier?

So an Azimuth Rifle is going to be 1d8, and I can't make it 1d8+1?

Sounds like it.

yep

Don't forget about Deadly Aim.

classes have damage buffs tho, mechanic overcharge ability for example

Why don't Soldiers get damage buffs?

they get full bab. and better full attack

and also better weapons

They do if you use kinetic guns or go melee.

Bruh, you automatically get Weapon Spec in weapons your class is proficient with at level 3.

4 weeks
four weeks
1 month
one month
28 days
twenty eight days

will it be good?
will it be shit?
will it be ok?

what do we want?
what do we expect?
what will we not get?

It doesn't have to be good, it just has to BE.

>what do we want?
A functional bestiary that actually gives a decent basis for all the weird space shit that a science fantasy setting should include, and a framework that allows the necessarily limited selection to be readily extended without drawing too deeply from Pathfinder. And more races. Like Elebrians from Eox, or proper robots.

>what do we expect?
A mostly adequate bestiary and a ruleset that may or may not actually be useful. Some player races, but probably not everything we're actually holding out for. And the ones we do get will probably not be written to be as interesting as they could be.

>what will we not get?
Enough.

When was the last time that we got a bestiary race that wasn't warmed over garbage?

*PLAYER race

today

What player races are there so far, anyway? The core rulebook isn't available for free users anymore, and was also reported.

archive.4plebs.org/tg/search/text/starfinder/username/mageguru/

Why hasn't the pastebin had an update?

Thanks!

I actually needed to track down some of those files. I almost (*shivers*) PAID for them yesterday, I'm so ashamed.

im confused. how do i download this?

why post such a low res version?

Is Starfinder just 3.PF in space? Looking at potential systems to do some retro-futurism / fantasy sci-fi in.

It's about as different from Pathfinder as pathfinder is from 3.5 That means it's close enough to be conversion-friendly, but you can outright consider it a different system.

It shares very little in common with DnD 3.5 at this point, though.

There are a number of changes from the pathfinder formula namely things like HP and stamina points (you lose and regain stamina points easily HP damage is harder to heal) your defense is broken between energy and kinectic damage and nothing is really hard coded with keywords (i.e. there is no strict psionic or divine or anything like that) among other things.

There'a a bunch of rule changes that make it both worse and better. Should be good for science Fantasy stuff.

how the fuck do i use these

Put mega.nz in front of the lines like
/#!iUcEjSBS!rdRUPB0KtiTJjo7vb68Pi4VSQjPoF99cEH3YiZCtE30

Jesus I am retarded. Thank you so much.

No, it can be pretty obtuse if you don't know what you're looking at. Your confusion is understandable.

Alright, back at it with my stupid homebrew race, this is what I've got so far:

Pallyrians get +2 to STR and DEX and -2 to CON. Pallyrians have 4 base HP.

Pallyrians are Medium Humanoids and have the pallyrian subtype.

Scent: Pallyrians have Scent (Ex)

Adrenaline Flush: Once every short rest a Pallyrian may enter an excited state that grants them +10 movement and a reroll for any Str or Dex checks taken. They may not, however, cast spells or perform mentally technical skills or actions. They may safely remain in this state for a number of rounds equal to their Con bonus (minimum 1).

If they would fall unconscious while in this state, they may act normally until it ends or they take nonlethal damage from its effects, at which time they fall unconscious.

Each round they continue beyond their Con bonus limit causes them 1 point of nonlethal damage, doubling every turn thereafter. Once this ability ends, if they suffered nonlethal damage they are fatigued, this fatigue ends when the nonlethal damage is recovered.

- - -

And now that leaves me in a bit of a pickle, because I don't know how to finish out their statblock. Part of me says low-light vision is vital for a race descendant from nocturnal predators, but part of me also says it could be rolled into the Scent block and they'd still deserve 2 more (relatively minor) traits.

Only one I've been able to think of so far are:

- Stalker: Pallyrians gain +2 to perception checks involving sound or noise and take half the penalty to stealth checks when moving above half speed.

And I'm not sure I even like that. Ideas?

I'd say that Starfinder is actually MORE different.

The central aspects of Pathfinder and 3.5 are the same. Things like full attacks, crafting, races, HP... these were mostly all the same in Path/3.5, but are different in Starfinder.

So her charismas don't distract people from discussion
.>1686x948
Wat.

Humans, Vesk, Ysoki, Androids, Lashunta, Shirren, and Kasatha in the CRB, up front.

Elves, Dwarves, Half-Elves, Half-Orcs, Halfings, and Gnomes in the CRB, in back.

Space Goblins, Contemplatives, Haan, and Sarcesian in First Contact.

17 playable (if not always worth playing) races out the gates is not horrible.

Yeah, I guess if you didn't know what he meant, the bit at the top would be confusing. They all worked for me when I downloaded them though.

Basically you type in the web address and then copy+paste each individual link to the end of it. The site is mega, and it's nz instead of com.

And while I'm at it, I forgot to say thank you, sorry.

There were more in First Contact? Frak, I must've missed that. Or it's just been a while. I need to go take another look, apparently. Completely would've missed it if you didn't point it out.

Just 20 playable races. Because that won't be a disaster in itself.

It has 20 fucking races, and they are bringing back ECL.
paizo.com/products/btpy9ujg/discuss&page=2?Starfinder-Alien-Archive#55

How do I evoke the sense of wonder and discovery without relying on showing pictures?

Make interesting things to discover and inspect for the players? If any time they get to some major or plot relevant place they also get to find something new and exciting that would certainly work for the effect.

Problem is simple word faggotry won't suffice. And even pictures won't work for long. You need something that players could interact with in the game. Weird race backstory on 4 pages? Shit and won't work. Pirate base drilled into an asteroid that starts launching fighters if the players get too close? Yes. A shipwreck that players could inspect and maybe even strip something off it, which is also full of deadly horrors? Yes.

You could also create cards for each system you made, around the size of MtG, with a picture and some "wisdom" blurb overlayed on top of it. And if players explored the system more or less fully give them the card.

What part of that looks like "bringing back ECL" to you?

Hell, they even said multiple times that playable versions of monsters will get normal PC race rules.

i want to talk about the nagartas chromatic language. what should it be called? whats it like? its a really cool ability actually.

How about Chromatophol?

A reference to this: en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chromatophore

>plant race
>Fish race

Dont forget the glitch and the apex!

Carry on about your day, citizen. Big Ape is watching you.

Thank god for no bullshit anime OP.

Saw this gay shit at Barnes and Noble, so it's basically d&d with a sci-fi flare
Why play this over well developed sci-fi(or sci-fantasy) settings and their games?

If there was a reason, you wouldn't be asking.

Well a number of mechanics are changed for the better.

Of course it wouldn't be d20 derivative if there wasn't some stupid shit in there, but whaddya gonna do (Besides houserule)?

Thanks user, needed to reDL it the other day and was stymied by the dead pastebin.

>apex!
no one cares about your communist monkeys.
monkeys are disgusting

The least you could've done is say "damn dirty apes"

they are hairy poo flinging disgusting animals
damn dirty apes

we still need this for nagartas

Playing a Nagarta:

You Likely:

>Want to blaze a trail for others to follow
We need a suitable fish version
>want to find out what it's like to be a fish out of water
>wondered what it would be like not to have legs

Other species probably:
>Think they can tell your emotions and personality by your colors
>Believe you can see more than you really can
>wonder why you never catch the keys, even when they do that softball underthrow. Seriously.
>are you slimy like a fish or dry like a snake?

Your reminder that anyone who says paizo admitted fault on the forums are liars. Until the books have been reprinted you ate lying when you say that.

paizo.com/threads/rzs2uizv?Space-combat-skill-DC-progression-issue#15

user did not lie. Whether or not it will turn out that Paizo lied, that is a different story.

Looking for advice on how to spec a drone for a Ysoki mechanic with the saboteur theme. Playing so far I figured that I would make the character the skill monkey/ hacker and the drone be the combat watch dog. Would it be better to just use the combat drone or is there some fun builds for a stealth drone you can recommend?

the hover drone is handsdown the best drone.
it has the highest attack, highest AC, and best movement.
combat drones are kinda shit. they have low AC low attack, and no movement abilities.

what lvl are you?

WHY THE FUCK ISN'T THAT BOOK THE CORE RULEBOOK

ALL THOSE LOOK SO MUCH COOLER TO PLAY THAN WHAT YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO PLAY AS