Warhammer 40.000 General /40kg/

Skitarii are cute edition

>Daily Duncan Playlist
youtube.com/watch?v=fVWObn2XXLo&list=PLEaPE4sLDA7ucJ0dkiVZSW6ghZUNGFHIW

>GW FAQ (1.1):
games-workshop.com/en-US/Rules-Errata

>FW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/15/new-and-updated-forge-world-faqs-july16gw-homepage-post-2/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Thanks Chart-user!)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

>Death Guard codex (thank you Vladimir)
>Epub
mega.nz/#!9hkg0LgL!_Y53qiTD0VDA641V4NBQtnZ8hTGLA_VE-CkTPh9YQzE
>PDF
mega.nz/#!p0tzAIya!DEVmw60_jOLXCdvWqoKBDx8_BW-wxbV6KD4CpB5WbvY

Blood Angels, Fists and White Scars best bros 4 lyf

2nd for Seventh is best!

Reminder.

how do you feel about this nurgling dick

Traitors fled from Terra when we came.
Guilman became new Emperor.
Best legion an chapter ever.

Everyone wants some gold fistin' dick

>a defeated enemy fled from us!
TACTICAL GENIUS

Now and forever a fist thread.

"There are other colours than red?"
t. John Blanche

Alright, I've got a tactic I'm thinking of using with my Death Guard, does anyone think it would work?

>Step 1
Move Plague Marines onto objective
>Step 2
Deep Strike Deathshroud and Lord of Contagion behind Poxwalker Screen, 9'' from enemy.
>Step 3
Use strategem on Deathshroud to make them immune to shooting for 1 turn
>Step 4
Next turn move Deathshroud and Lord up 4'' and hope for a 5'' charge, wiping anything that was holding the objective.

Fist thread is best thread

>20pts for a melta pistol with 6" range
this need needs fixing quickly

>Implying anyone actually cares about your Wardian Ultrawank

uLTra muHReeNs aRe bESt GUiS

What stops them from walking away from your deathshroud?

Then they're off the objective. Mission completed.

If I really need to kill them for some reason, then I can just block their retreat with moar Poxwalkers.

>tfw Lion
>Inconsistent art, goes from pure blood Aryan to full blown KANG randomly
>Nobody knows whos jewing who in regards to the whole DA secret so its not likely he'll be returning
>Called an autistic homo from damn near everyone based on an unconfirmed rumor

Damn, spongebob is a jew?

Why are the DA so concerned over some of their marines turning traitor during the heresy when every legion had some traitors in it? Even in modern times there are plenty of chapters that lose whole companies to chaos and just go on a penitent crusade instead.

>implying lion isn't next
try again nigga
Because the Horus Heresy series was a mistake. Before that shitheap DA were the only loyalist chapter that were traitors. Now that burning garbagepile has taken that individuality away from them and therefore the meaning behind the Unforgiven shtick

They hunt down fallen because they know their secret, not because they are traitors.

Their secret is that their primarch turned traitor in favor of Horus, but his chapter stopped him and now he's in stasis

That's why they carry all that shame

*that had traitors
>inb4 le maymays
Not possible considering that if that would have happened the Watchers in the Dark wouldn't be taking care of him.

In the old lore the legions were 100% loyal or 100% traitor.
DE had a significant portion turn traitor and they're still on the run.

Who says the watchers arent the ones keeping him in stasis?

Because it was almost half the legion and thats a fucking crazy amount, and because it was an easy set up to make the whole legion look traitor due to Horus' shenanigans so they had no choice but to turn their denial to 11

The codex explicitly says that they're keeping him in stasis so that he doesn't succumb to his wounds. Nice speculation but no unfortunately. Furthermore Fateweaver tried to corrupt him and failed. He's pretty much clean.

Wait...which head of Fateweaver tried?

Making a tau list, need some advice.

I plan on going with 2 commanders, with 2 crisis teams to support them. Plasma or fusion variants, meant to deal with tough targets and blow up anything important.

I want 4 units of fire warriors, 2 stationary units with pulse rifles, and 2 with a devilish and pulse carbines

3 units of pathfinders

2x2 broadsides with railguns

2 stealth teams with homing beacons.

Would this be a fine list? I am not delving into points right now, at first I just want to know if this is reasonable, then I will adjust as necessary to fit the point limit (it floats a bit depending on who I can get a game with.)

Who knows? Point is, Fateweaver tried his luck and got banished into the Warp by the Lion Sword. That along with how Watchers are basically anathema to Chaos says a lot.

>That along with how Watchers are basically anathema to Chaos says a lot.
Only BL says this.

It looks alright, but consider that broadsides are expensive as heck for what they do

The WitD shenanigans are from Wrath of Magnus

Really? Damn. I am already bummed about not having the tidewall work as advertised anymore.

Anything i should consider replacing them with? And don't say a bigger suit. I like my easy to transport army, and those big ass suits are annoying as fuck to move around.

>only the official lore says this

Got the Primaris half of a Dark Imperium box, what should I look to buy next?

Should I just start a normal Space Marine army and use the Primaris to stack points in until I can replace them with something, or are they actually useful?

If the Lion is loyal, then explain Cypher.

Hammerheads.

What about him? He's basically unexplainable from both sides. No one knows who the fuck he is or what he's trying to do. That's his gimmick, the edgelord.

He has the Lion's Sword.
Instead of trying to return it to the Lion, he is going to Terra to give it to the Emperor.

They are useful but dont expect a full chad brigade to be an easy list to make work

Cypher has the Lions sword and is trying to fix it to save him

I dunno man, if you ask me I don't think there's much point in giving a guy in a coma his sword. That applies to both Emps and the Lion by the way.

Never been fond of the 6 shot "might be worth something if I am lucky" tanks.

Did 8th make them more reliable?

List idea.

A 2000pt list consisting of a chaos warhound titan with a warpsmith for the HQ and cultists for troops.

It isn't a good list.

It is, however, a very amusing idea.

>Not making a 5000 point list with a Warlord
Pleb

Yes.

>Fateweaver tried to corrupt him and failed
>Fateweaver tried his luck and got banished into the Warp by the Lion Sword

Or Fateweaver successfully corrupted Lion, had Lion kill him to keep up the act, and then left Lion alone to not blow Lion's cover.

From the Emperor's Legion novel We got to see interesting things.

The SoS do not see the daemons as others see them. The SoS don't see them as the stuff of nightmares and hoor. They just see them as something akin to rapid animals to be put down. They don't even see them as horned monstrosities and the like. They see them as aggressive blobs. Also they call the, Shedim and shaitainn which are Arabic words for devils. Is this GW ripping off Dune again?

>He has the Lion's Sword.
>Instead of trying to return it to the Lion, he is going to Terra to give it to the Emperor.
Yeah because Guilliman stole the Emperor's sword, Cypher is trying to give the Emperor a replacement.

Which race is objectively the best?

>Blanche

That's young Billy Connolly.

Tau because they are the good guys.

Except that you have no evidence to support this argument, it's just speculation. Until BL or anyone else say otherwise, my interpretation is the only one that's valid.

This is Carnac.

Nice!

Nemesor Zahndrekh's Necrons because they are the good guys

What chapter is this?

Enslavers

>good guys
>good
faggot

Triathlon.

Are people running the usual point levels in 8th that they did in 7th?

It feels like most things got more expensive and "elite" (read: more wounds and T). Do you just play with less models, or do you increase the point limit so you have more or less the same as you used to?

Daemons a good abomination, they dindu nuffin.

Right now? Tau, because they've gone from well written underdogs to the most overhyped and most effective military in the setting for the resources they put in. At least if we're talking from a power perspective.

From a writing perspective? Humans, most particularly AdMech and Guard, and Dark Eldar because their writers are actually focused on making stories and portraying their factions as they were intended to be, weaknesses and all, instead of falling for the 'my faction is better' wank that's led to the decline of most races in fluff.

Nah, Carnac is a tremendous faggot.

>Daemons a good abomination, they dindu nuffin.
I mean they ARE reflections of the world. If everyone else was less shitty Daemons would be less shitty

Tau.

Interesting... desu I really like how the SoS and Custards have unique perspectives on the Imperium at large and Chaos.

I wanna see the 40K AU where the galaxy's at peace and daemons just hang out and represent good emotions now.
>greater daemon of friendship can hug 5d3 guardsmen per assault phase

The WD literally says they represent equality, progress, hope, and deadly naivety . How can they be anything but good guys?

>Also they call the, Shedim and shaitainn which are Arabic words for devils. Is this GW ripping off Dune again?
Usually they love ripping off Herbert but this time they're actually using the term correctly in context. Herbert only used Shai'tan sparingly in his later novels to refer to sandworms after Leto II got done with them IIRC. GW actually using the term to describe daemons is appropriate to its historical meaning.

>faction propaganda says they're good, so they're good
Holy shit thanks sherlock

The WD also doesn't talk about the 'join us or die' philosophies they have, their universal subservience to the Ethereals, the fact that most auxilliary races are second to the Tau and all the insidious stuff like Vespid brainwashing, killing their first allies with a bioweapon for resources/territory and all that.

The T'au are the good guys of 40k, but they're not beacons of good by modern standards, at all.

It also mentions mind control, so uhhh

Chaos is best stepdad.

>killing their first allies with a bioweapon for resources/territory
?

It does? Where?

It wasn't propaganda. GW was underlining the defining traits of the 40K factions.

>killing their first allies with a bioweapon for resources/territory and all that.

That was never proven.

New DG models are too busy

>all this talk of things that AREN'T Imperial Fists
Shameful

>that shade of yellow

Standard points limit seems to have gone up in general. I know tourneys are now running at 2000 points standard.

>le over designed meme

every fucking release, I'm so bored of it.

>deldar
You know it user

SoS see them differently because they're blanks. People of different psychic abilities view daemons differently.
Blanks/extremely low psychic potential people can't see them properly or see them as non discript blobs.
Regular people see them as evershifting horrors.
Psykers can see their "true forms" but this can overwhelm their senses.

A good example was that farsight story. The tau, who aren't psychic at all, get attack by daemons but are unable to see them at all and the daemons aren't able to spot the tau so they go right for the etherals and kill them without ever realizing there are tau inbetween them.

>New fluff about the Tau that wasn't seen before
>Specifically mentions the virus that was also never seen before
>Specifically mentions how it was fortunate for the Tau and they got a second planet out of it

It was never proven, but there's virtually no other discernible reason why it would be written down, and it's not beyond the methods of the Ethereals.

Still looks better than Guillman.

>When the Tau first encountered the Vespids, they saw a species of great potential value to the Greater Good and came to greatly covet their crystal-based technologies.
>The matter was eventually resolved at the command of the Ethereal Caste, who issued instructions for the construction of an interface device that forged a connection between the two species and facilitated communication.
>The moment the device was employed, the Vespid not only registered the Tau as fellow sentients, they instantly understood the concept of the Greater Good and their place within it.
>The will of the Tau Ethereals is disseminated to those Vespid under the command of these “strain leaders,” and they become able to decipher their role as befits the Greater Good.
I wonder who could be behind this

> Talk about a chapter that got wipe out by Ork.
Shamefur display.

I liked the comment some guy made yesterday that it looks like he's flailing around trying to shake the Nurglings and stuff off him

What should I arm my archon with? Husk blade or agonizer?

That doesn't mention or even imply a bioweapon you utter moron, that's just what happened to the native americans when the moors I mean the spanish showed up

CEASE

>Two completely different races with completely different biologies meet each other
>One is killed off by a strange virus in a highly developed empire with access to extremely advanced medicine
>The Tau just happened to get a prime candidate for their first Sept out of it
>Doesn't imply anything about a bio-weapon

Sure.

>that's just what happened to the native americans when the moors I mean the spanish showed up
Exactly, the Poctroon got wiped out by a bioweapon just as the Native Americans did.

It's no different than the "ork snipers" that killed off most of the Celestial Lions. Pull your head out of your ass.