What would the people say about a Navigator/Rogue Trader couple with kids? Is it possible?

What would the people say about a Navigator/Rogue Trader couple with kids? Is it possible?

Probably heresy. I'm pretty sure Navigators have very strict breeding habits, since their (political) power is in their Navigator gene, so you don't want it diluted nor spread beyond your house' control. Wonder how inbred they are (and how much of their mutations are the result of inbreeding). I'm sure there's a lot of them (you need at least 1 per warp capable ship) but do they get around enough to keep the gene-pool fresh and how much does political pressure affect their pairings?

I think it was in Farseer or Eye of Terror, where they mentioned space stations and ports having squared off sections for Navigators, where they might mingle and... "have some fun".

Navigators are so alien to humans that I feel like children aren't possible between the two.

I feel like marriage isn't completely out of the question however, given the prestige and power Navigator Houses hold in the Imperium. A marriage with a Rogue Trader could help solidify an alliance, although at the same time, would probably be unnecessary. If it did happen, I doubt the Navigator would be the Rogue Trader's sole wife/husband, as they would still need to produce heirs.

Navigator/human hybrids don't always inherit the navigator gene. Sometimes a navigator will loan out a son/daughter to breed with a psychic in a bid to boost the offsprings power but its rare. You run the risk of not only not getting a new navigator but also losing a potential member of the house to the imperium. Usually navigators breed with other houses and it's all watched by the mechanicum.
That being said, if a Rogue Trader not only boned but married a Navigator and the offspring inherited the mutation then the child would be a member of the navigator house and property of the Rogue Trader house but not an heir. Could a bad ass Navigator/Trader fight for his birthright? Maybe, sounds like a cool idea. But you have to remember Eventually all navigators mutate into an abomination. And the inquisition wouldn't let that threat sit for long.

If you get a navigator pregnant, will her house going to have a traditional boltgun wedding?

It's going to be more a traditional macrocannon wedding.

Are psykers allowed to have kids and families?

They don't have time for kids.

But looking at the third eye cause dea... arggh

Depends on the circumstances.
As a general rule? No. Most psykers don't live long enough, getting thrown into the chior to feed Him or slaved to a ship/communications array. The super lucky ones that either become inquisitors or part of an inquisitors retinue are expected to live and die in service of the emperor. If you luck out and become the lone astropath on some isolated agri-world you'll probably be sterilized just because.

It's possible, but not likely since they're an accepted form of mutant and having children, let alone forming a couple, would be heresy on some level. It'd be fucking a very useful tool and ruining its descendants for everyone else - a tool that also has scary pysker powers.

But it's not as if all Navigators are all wizened fleshbags that can barely function outside of a cocoon, or alien monstrosities. I could see a romance happening if you wanted one in your game.

>implying it isn't the highest of honours that only the most lucky receive to become one with the God-Emperor
You fucking heretic.

source?

You're a Rogue Trader, unless the Emperor himself opposes the union, you got absolutely nobody to answer to.
Your rep will probably take a bat hit, tho.

This, but OP is another P&P RPGfag who knows nothing about the lore and uses it as an excuse to do whatever the fuck he likes, such as knocking up untouchables.

That picture? One of the Rogue Trader books. I don't know which off the top of my head.

Forgot to link. I am an idiot. What is the source of the "sleeping with navigator" pic?

Filename thread, it's not actually a 40k picture.

Technically speaking, you can impregnate an untouchable. Just look up Alizebeth Bequin - Pariah.
But Warp and stuff isn't genetic.

You CAN impregnate a blank, it's just that most people wouldn't WANT to.

Are there navigators who are, besides their warp eye, mutation free?

it's 40k, so:

>yes
>no
>maybe
>depends on the family
>depends on the Navigator
>depends on the millenium
>depends on the segmentum

No, in Rogue Trader you always begin the game with a mutation if you are a Navigator. Those can be minor though.

IIRC the time they spend navigating affects them a lot, as do their age. The oldest navigators barely look human anymore.
Also , big galaxy blah blah blah.

I think the Navigator genes are recessive, thqt means the childrennwill probably born without mutation. But they still are the children of a mutant... and that is terrible.

Yes, though you might have to look at 'older but not contradicting current canon' material to find any concrete examples, like the Deathwing anthology short stories.

More likely they'd disown her for breeding outside of their eugenics program.

Hope nothing ever happens to your Navigator waifu, because the great houses will probably blacklist you from hiring another.

This is great user

Depends whose kids they are. And what kids they are, I guess.

I don't know but what does Dune say because I'm pretty sure GW ripped off the idea from that book

LOL, that's fox girl and moon girl. They like each other because they both hate sun girl, who they hate because she keeps outwitting them due to being brighter than both of them

Put down the bottle, sailor.

WHAT FUCKING HERESY IS THIS

The choir sounds like fun, sort of like having a beer between sets with your band mates is fun. Yes, the whole night is a lot of work and you get paid a measly 50, but you can die knowing your a means to His end.

It could happen but none of their children would be navigators.

Dirty Rogue Traders.

The literal kind of fucking heresy.

Totally possible. The children have a higher-than-average chance of being mutants, but they can still look like normal humans for most of their lives. They just cannot have a 3rd Eye.

OF THE FUCKING KIND, SIR!

In Night Lords trilogy there is a regular human/navigator lovestory, ending with conception.

Opinions vary on the very existence of a lovestory in trilogy of 40k novels. I liked it.

And naviators are close enough to regular humans such a mule doesn't seem odd. Would most probably be sterile thou.

The Rogue Trader will probably have an reputation of being a mutie-fucker. If he wants to be seen as puritan he has keep the relationship secret.

It's worth though. Mutie girls are best[spoiler}

If a Navigator breeds with a non-Navigator, the chances of their child being born with any mutation drops by about 18%. On the other hand, that's still about 81% higher than the chances of a normal human child being born a mutant in 40k.

You have that pic mislabelled, it's a navigator house's human emissary, not an astropath. It's from Navis Primer for Rogue Trader.

Wouldn't it make sense from a genetical standpoint to mingle with humans and to put the halfbreds together?
This way you retain the 3rd eye gene, but you don't have Habsburg levels of inbreeding and deformities.

There are millions of navigators with carefully documented and controlled bloodlines. It's not going to be hard to avoid inbreeding.

How do female navigators get maternity leave? I imagine the ship's captain would be less than thrilled about it.

I imagine when a House decides to knock up one of their navigators they provide a replacement. Alternatively, they just wait until the contract is over.

If the navigators the one bearing the child, it's a deamon now, good job. A rogue trader can't take a 9 month break from travel, and a fetus will be corrupted nearly instantly by warp travel.

If the navigators male then it's still heresy, but possible.

Void born humans and craftworld eldars imply otherwise.

Their is a 40k short story about an astropath and a navigator that fall in love...it does not end well,,not a surprise considering its author wrote...wraethu.

In the czevak book a psyker/navigator hybrid exists, she is a mad goth and apparently her family pretty much banished her and hounded the father (a mystic pederast) into exile with assassins (more as a symbolic gesture as the dude was a pretty good seer).

I think they will say, that its heresy. But just heresy, not HERESY!

And now I got this horrid image in my mind of masochist psycher and a blank....Anyone got art of that one?

Quite a few books mention Void born humans...so yeah check your source friend

Considering the controlled breeding thing, it's reasonable to assume that Navigators don't just become pregnant unexpectedly.

well it would just be a normal human kid and probably still a strong political move, the reason navigators are inbred to shit is because its the only way to get the third eye.

If its politically adventagous for both houses I dont see why not.