>/5eg/ Alternate Trove:
dnd.rem.uz/5e D&D Books/

>5etools:
astranauta.github.io/5etools.html

>Resources Pastebin:
pastebin.com/X1TFNxck

>Tomb of Annihilation leaks album
imgur.com/a/iglMj

>Tomb of Annihilation complete official art dump (pdf)
mega.nz/#!JyB0zbhI!UqyuEBdi65FfAWpQYJU8htDvJ8XE4wy_vpLOBQEZXc4

>Tortle Package (pdf)
mega.nz/#!Kgw10Qha!DvWcsgAyGdNFtspYAUNWNCCPrzALIWY36ES9UXWCXRI

>Previous thread:
WoTC has a long history of distasteful and, frankly, racist depictions of PoC. Now that ToA was released, do you think they've handled it better? Or is it more of the same?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rudolph_Dunbar
expirebox.com/download/3c495b0b9586c8c398fbb686239041bd.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Sup Veeky Forums,
I'm currently playing an EK8/Wiz 3 (Abjuration) and looking at a feat or ASI to take next level. I'm thinking Tough, since I'm our tank. I already have the Abjuration ward and Warcaster to boost my concentration saves so I think it would be better than +2 Con.
I'm also looking at GWM, but I don't know since I usually attack with a SCAG cantrip, so getting an attack with my bonus action on a kill is pointless, since I already have a bonus action attack.
My stats are:
20 10 14 16 10 10

Thoughts?

That chick is hot, so if she's from ToA I'd say they've gotten better.

>Depictions of POC
They have a really good depiction on the Paladin page of the PHB

To be fair, Chult was never the sole source of African-skinned-looking folks in Faerun, contrary to what people who don't read about the setting and only know it from Veeky Forums memes (which is to say they know fucking nothing about it) might claim.
They aren't even the MAJOR source of them since Chult has always been described as sparsely populated due to the hostility of it's environment.

WAIT UNTIL PAGE 8 NEXT TIME YOU FUCKING RETARD

My friend made his own class for an evil campaign coming up, can you lot see any balance issues?

It's a /5eg/ tradition to post threads with black people in the OP pic on page 6 or 7.

>My friend made his own class
Yeah I see the issue right there

Players are doing a favor for a pod of CG Sirens by retrieving their favorite "toy". Their reward is a night with the pod and magical riches.

What sort of magic items/magical rewards are befitting for playful but non-malicious Fey to Give? I was thinking some Magic Scrolls of weird spells and a Wand of Wonders.

>rewards from fey
It's always sum fug, user

I don't even understand this, this is clearly not true and numerous examples could be found. en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rudolph_Dunbar

So it's not true, it's not funny, and the source of humor is a caustic racism that hasn't had any edge or bite since the late 70s.

I already mentioned "a night with the pod", user. But besides that.

great dnd thread wow

>They just slap a varnish of Islam on it -"The magic charm has a Koranic verse in it!"
Funny, we do the same in Russia. We have all sorts of wizard and witches, magicians (black and white), fortune tellers, but all of them share one disgusting trait - they all pretend to be godly men, when they are all heathen scum.

look at this BASED BLACK GUY

They're already get that read
>Night with the pod

Really depends on what kind of setting you're running, the player's level and what you're willing to give out. Personally I think of Fey giving out things that they think are always useful but might be more situational.

>different hit die at higher levels
>starting equipment has 6 daggers
>no saving throw to avoid bleed application
>can apply up to 3 stacks per turn but enemy can only remove 1 per save
>saving throw DC scales with double your Dex mod
>saving throw DC scales with the number of bleed stacks
I'm just gonna stop here. This class is fucking garbage and your DM should give up homebrewing forever.

>Different hit die at level 1 and levels 2+
Why
>An extra attack on top of dual-wielding, along with +1/+1 AND a +1 to AC
>At level 1
I should stop reading right there, but I'm bored
>Extremely convoluted DC calculation for a pointless feature
8 + dex modifier + proficiency modifier. Repeat this to yourself.
>Biting for bleed damage
kek
>Uncanny Dodge
Uncanny Dodge is the rogue's signature defensive feature and should remain as such.
>Reliable Talent
Why not just play a rogue?

Tell your """"friend"""" to just play a rogue/fighter.

>hit dice d8
>hp per level d10
no

>flurry of blows, but for free
no...

>bleed stack
jesus christ as if bleed effects weren't a PITA to track already, let's make them granular
saving throw doesn't say if it takes an action or what so it's shit

>Extra Attack 2 & 3
NO
NO NO NO BAD PLAYER

I'm not going to read all of this shit. He just took the best features from both rogue and fighter and stuck them together. Notice how none of these are "ribbon" features? Which every other class has? Do you know what a ribbon is? I bet he doesn't. I hope this kid is no older than 15.

And also it doesn't belong in this thread or board and is not relevant at all.

Ok, the general consensus seems to be Wizard is incredibly awesome and can do everything. Could someone please explain to me what exactly do they do at lower levels (1-8)?
What does Wizard do better than a Lore Bard?

WE

That's a good thing to keep in mind. If it helps though, the party is five level 8's. They have some magical equipment but not a ton.

Ritual casting.

SHALL

WUZ

KANGS

You could use it as an opportunity to help shore up some party members lacking magic items. Also could make it dependent on how well they "perform" being a better or more useful item. Another could be a bonus to stats or hp for x amount of days.

Please stop. Veeky Forums is one of the last bastions free of /pol/ left on Veeky Forums.

>2nd response
Too late, retard.

N' SHEEEIT

>one of the last bastions free of /pol/ left on Veeky Forums.
user I..........

Does anyone have a tomb PDF uploaded yet?

delete thread and start over imo

Have you ever acquired an Immoveable Rod? If so what did you do with it?

People here are racist, but at least they're not the obsessed virgins who bring it into EVERYTHING

Seconded, I'm not even that racist though to be honest

Just because you're spouting /pol/ memes like some mouth breathing retard doesn't make the rest of a board the same as you.
Why is it so difficult to just keep /pol/ in /pol/?

There's nothing wrong with /pol/ being here. But I don't shit up their board with discussions of 20-sided dice and they need to shut the fuck up about black people and jews while they're here.

New (non-bait) thread

>D&D
>not the obsessed virgins

Plz don't encourage them. Would you like to talk about Dwarves instead? They're a breddy good race IMO

Haha, thanks for the feedback lads

dwarves don't like niggers either

True it definitely hasn't fallen that far yet but with trolls using it as easy bait is been going that way for a while.

>Mention how it has been happening more because it's easy (you)s now
>FUCKING /pol/ POSTER REEEE!!!
Calm down there buddy, I'd prefer that shit stay in /pol/ as well. The problem is you have enough idiots willing to fall for the bait so it keeps coming and soon it won't be ironic or bait any more.

True if they kept their sperging about x or y race to a minimum I wouldn't care, the other core issue, to me anyway, is that it's easy (you)s.

Really, as a Bard you're awesome at skills and social stuff for out of combat. You have light armor(and could use a feat to have medium and shield) so you're better at defense. If you get your hands on an Instrument of the Bards you're an unstoppable debuffer with Hypnotic Pattern. With Magical Secrets you could pick a damaging spell if you really wanted.
What makes Wizards better?

Anyone who thinks only obsessed virgins play D&D is either still in high school or someone with exceptionally lacking social skills.
Obviously the obsessed virgins exist, but it takes a special kind of obliviousness to think they represent every player.

I wanna play and not GM, but none of my friends are interested in it. What do?

Should I GM a short campaign and ask someone else to GM later on?

It's bad.

One-shots, I guess. There's less pressure in DMing when you know you don't have to devote yourself long-term

>>Should I GM a short campaign and ask someone else to GM later on?
that's how you become permaGM

Is the dinosaur race betting system detailed in ToA beyond this table? What happens if multiple players bet on different dinosaurs in the same race?

That could work, I guess, the idea is to get people interested in the system, not in my game.

n-no

>n-no
yes user
don't fall down the same trap I did
you'll never get out

Any good Kreen homebrew?

Small couple of paragraphs that say you can bet from 1cp to 500gp, you can bet for other things besides just for the dinosaur to win (place, show, do something specific like attack another racer), and that skipping out on not paying a wager if you lose will get thugs/gladiators (or stronger) sent after the player(s).

I wanna GM a oneshot. Haven't really played much dnd before, how crucial is it to read the dungeon master book? Does it have GM-specific rules or is it more of a guide for new GMs with some important difficulty charts here and there?

It's not actually necessary. It's the monster manual that you want.

I thought ToA those tiny frog people as a playable race since they're in the pre-gen characters. or will that be seperate?

Stop posting in this thread.

It's exactly what you say it is. Read players hand book but if you're writing a campaign then dmg is pretty useful

No.

Why trips?

GWM isn't good because of the free attack, but for the power attack option. AC stops increasing at around your level so you get a damage boost for not much cost, it's a good option if your strength is maxed. Additionally at your level I would start pumping saving throws or take the Lucky feat rather than boosting hitpoints.

You can learn your entire spell list as a wizard if you have enough gold and a place to copy spells from

/pol/bait thread

Just because it acknowledges WoTC has made mistakes in the past does not make it /pol/.

My player wants to play a gunslinger. So far I've got no reason to say no. Is Mercer's gunslinger subclass for fighter any good?

Fucking OP bumping his own thread. Fuck off.

>So far I've got no reason to say no.
Do firearms exist in your setting?

Considering running ToA for my players. For every setting I like to have core races, plus a couple rotating races that make sense for the setting.

What races should be banned? (Snowflake races)
What races should be acceptable? (Tortles, Aarakocra)

Speaking of Aarakocra from Elemental Evil, how overpowered is fly speed? Anyway to fix that?

>banning races
No furry/anime homebrew cockshit should be allowed but it's outlandish to ban anything that's officially supported

If your players can justify their race in the setting then you should work with them, not snuff them out

what's a good ribbon-esque racial feature for a subrace that makes for natural tricksters,charlatans, smooth-talkers etc.?

How would you run a Wuxia style campaign? I think an overarching tournament story line would be cool.

Players are both going to be variant of monk or fighter class.

Separating the hit die from the hp per level is a good thing despite what you've been told. At least that way a full rest won't automatically heal you to full each night.

Hey, OP. Stop bumping your dead troll thread when it's fallen to the bottom of the catalog. Thanks.

It's a gamble if you don't do it well. I've had friends complain about a DM who had a giant tournament DBZ style and they hated it. The tournament can be a great backdrop, but have more interesting things going on behind the scenes. Like maybe a young clan is going to use the tournament as cover to attempt to assassinate the emperor etc etc.

>Play a seductress Sorcerer due to no one else wanting to play a charismatic character in a political campaign.
>Generally plays her much like Inara from Firefly.
>Started off as 28 years old
>is now 15 due to several rolls on the wild magic surge making me younger
GM says he wont fiddle with the results. What happens, happens.

I figure I should not have gone wild sorcerer, but with PHB only material, and me wanting a Sorcerer, I didn't really feel like Dragonblooded sorcerer was fitting.

Do I just off the character and make a Bard instead? I cant make this work. My GMs encouragements are only making me more nervous. I dont particularly like how his encouragements, like "remember your deal next week with the noble! He is expecting you to show up, and remember why you had to do it!"

I need help.

Is 7 players too much? My friend really wants to play at my table.

Distraught, your character seeks refugee in a higher power, and makes a pact with an elder god.

Depends on the DM, but in my experiences, most enjoy 3-5, give or take. 6 is pushing it, and 7 requires some god-tier group dynamic.

>watch the Acq Inc game
>Perkins running a game based on the book he wrote
>wonder what they'll do
>confused as fuck wondering why Perkins is doing dino racing
>and not the titular tomb
>thinking he's taking Acq Inc sidetracking to a new level
>turns out dino racing is actually in the fucking book
>even the names are the same
>this is the closest they've ever run a stage game to the book

dear god

>If your players can justify their race in the setting then you should work with them, not snuff them out

Jesus christ, what a snowflake. Ask yourself: Do you run a kitchen sink? If no, ban everything and then just add races that you think add to your setting. Races are the backbone of any setting, having a bunch of snowflake bullshit ones will kill the flavor of your world faster than anything else.

New DM here. How do I start a campaign while engaging my players?

use the PC's backstories (assuming they bothered to make them) to set up/drive the story/for plot hooks

very carefully

With Call Lightning, is the range on the lightning strikes 120ft from whichever point in the cloud I choose?

Why wasn't Storm Sorcery your deal either?

One of my players wants to be a Baron Samedi/Doctor Facilier-esque necromancer, and is struggling to find the best way to so this.
He's a Necromancer 5 right now. I'm playing with the idea of letting Multiclassing a single level into Death Cleric count a level of necromancer for the purpose of casting higher level Necromancy spells with the appropriate spell slot.

Is this a bad thing?

Any link where can I download the Devin Night's tokens?

yea expirebox.com/download/3c495b0b9586c8c398fbb686239041bd.html

So the Hexblade Warlock feature lets him substitute Str/Dex with Cha, but only with One-handed weapons he is proficient with.
The Special pact weapon for Hexblade, Curse Bringer, is a two-handed Greatsword.
Were they even trying?

Play out your character as a "broken artist". Seduction is an art and your character was good at it. Now you lost a vital element that enabled your art-making. This could be a source of suffering and tragic for your character. Could also include resurfacing of puberty hormones, depending on how your age regression works. This turns your character into a drama element. Naturally, she might have trouble with adapting to her new situation but it would also mean a chance to reinvent herself. I'd probably pretend to be a young prodigy. That makes use of the high charisma and the amassed experience, but your take could be entirely different. If you can't find a way out of the character's crisis, retire her (for now). That's also a reasonable course of action.

If you*re uncomfortable with your DM tell him to shove it and leave. No need to waste time at a creep's table.