Warhammer 40.000 General /40kg/

Discohammer edition

Last >Daily Duncan Playlist
youtube.com/watch?v=fVWObn2XXLo&list=PLEaPE4sLDA7ucJ0dkiVZSW6ghZUNGFHIW

>GW FAQ (1.1):
games-workshop.com/en-US/Rules-Errata

>FW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/15/new-and-updated-forge-world-faqs-july16gw-homepage-post-2/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Thanks Chart-user!)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

Heh using my original misspelled version.

>tfw trash at painting

3 choices:
Practice painting
Commission painting
3 tone dip n shake

>tfw great at painting

>still the best legion comin thru, perticuck BTFO

I'd like to have some polite discourse about that.

Can I see one of your minis, hotshot? I'm curious and it would be a nice exception from the constant mediocrity displayed on this board.

my dudes > your dudes

Tfw ok at painting but dislike playing

>best legion
>only Primarch to get killed by normie chaos space marines
LMAO.

>Siggy v. Kharn, round 2 BTFO
K.

Once again, time for me to shine !

tfw okay at painting but only do it so I can get to the playing portion

>TFW like painting but never get to play

pics of your stuff user?
Curious how someone paints when they aren't going to be seen on a table

I only play to show off my ok painting skills.

I'm okay but I rarely get the time :(

You're not very good at taking pictures that are in focus though are you? Fucking hell

I wanted to share my brainlet tactics for you to tear holes in.

Death Guard force built around one unit of 20 plague marines, screened by 20 poxwalkers, and buffed by a little of everything.

The plague marine squad of 20 will have at least 6 buffs on them at a time such as Cover, re-rolls to hit, re-rolls of Disgustingly Resilient, protection from charges, stronger Blight grenades, and a buff to their Advance. This is before spells and such.

Seeing as you already play a very tanky army it's all the more reason for the opponent to just bank on objectives.

I am bad at painting, but I love playing.

>trash at painting
>good at sculpting
>tfw gittin' gud and finally starting to paint minis at a level I find adequate

BE STRONG

Grishnakh sisters still look profoundly wierd to me.

Speaking of forgeworld...

Doesn't it seem like everything got screwed over pretty hard? Most things seems significantly weaker than they used to, which isnt helped by how most things in the index' seems to have gotten stronger in general.

Or am I missing something?

Nuh uh, my particular faction are clearly > your particular faction, idiot. Open a book for once in your life.

Slight problem with that is that you still only have 20 good bodies that move slowly. Any half-decent dakka army like Admech is going to peel away all the Marines and maybe the tanks too in a couple of turns, R1 DR or not.

What points level is that? Not too familiar with DG points values, but I think that at that level I would probably have Destroyers and Kastelans firing at that brick all the way in.

From an ork perspective, most things got weaker or less fun, some things are completely absent

It's a few OP things and a lot of garbage, like always.

>tfw ok at painting but it takes weeks to paint a single model. I'll get an army done eventually, probably.

>Most things seems significantly weaker than they used to,
Depending Mega Chicken of Tzeentch went from garbage to god.
Malefic Lords are OP
Most Dreads outclass codex dreadnoughts.

But then there's straight shit.

>Forgeworld is either OP or Shit, with little room in between.

What's the odds of a new plastic IG Regiment? If I start collecting Guard should I get Scions first as a wait and see approach?

Sisters player here. All our FW models are now awesome.

The specifics of that file name make me think you have lots of pictures of the frog...

Unlike the index which has a few OP things, a lot of pretty good things, and a few shit things?

Forgeworld looks like shit compared to before. Even the "God"-tier shit is on par with codex shit or very slightly better. There is little reason to go for forgeworld units unless it is dreads or you just like the models.

Or certain characters, but that is not really regular units.

> Tfw when good at painting, but have lost all the will to actually paint.
> Tfw this is my painting station

It seems to me like the Forge World guys might not have gotten the word about the change 8e was getting into. It's all I have to explain. That or they were too busy trying to make Fires of Cyraxus to bother much with the rest of their Index range.

Considering the development timeline, and the string of announcements and rumor surrounding Fires of Cyraxus, it seems to me like FoC was perhaps already partially, if not mostly, written for 7e before they got the news about 8e. Suddenly the whole book (or what was written of it) needed to be rewritten, and four different indices made to accommodate the rest of the non-HH FW range, as well playtesting to balance it all out nominally.

Fo, faced with that pile of bullshit, Forge World seems to have spent its focus retooling FoC and translating and balancing their units for 8e, while the indices got the shaft and were probably deliberately underpowered because sufficient time couldn't be spent to properly balance them and they didn't want to create any inadvertent cheese.

This is all my speculation, though. I'm probably massively wrong and off, but that's the jist I get from it: that time constraints and possible communication problems have caused some conflicts and some corners have been cut on the index stopgaps so that their priority projects can progress on schedule.

user what the fuck

You can only summon after Duncan.

Well, Sisters as a whole just got a huge power boost.

Hard to say. Out of Nids, CW Eldar, and Guard there probably only room on the schedule for new models for one of them. It's would take surprisingly few new boxes to offer a new plastic set of guardsmen, so that's something I could actually see them doing. I'd hold off until a little closer to release if you aren't totally sold on Cadians.

I'd try to clean it up and limit what's up there.

>I start getting overwhelmed when I have too much shit on my painting station.

Chaos eldar when?

It's a joke. There is only one Sisters datasheet in all the Forgeworld indexes.

Clean your room, sunshine.

Man, wish I wasn't poor. I'd buy this shit. living in oz fag land is hard.

I'm moving in with my grandparents soon, where I'll actually have fucking room to store my shit.

It'll be nice to actually be able to put my shit out of sight so that I can have a clean painting station. That table is where I store 100% of my painting equipment, because I have nowhere to put it.

Unlikely, and not anytime soon. Last tease at guard (lasgun bit) turned out to be Necromunda's resurrection.

Actually, that kind of speaks volumes to its possibility. It's quite possible guard will get an update in the future, but it's unlikely to coincide with their newest Codex, which looks to be in the most recent lineup among Tyranids and Eldar, all three after AdMech's release.

We don't know the order of IG, CWE, Nids.

>oz fag land
Kansas? as in Wizard of Oz? Does it have weird tax laws or something?

Dat lady is flashin the centurion.

Cadians are alright but I wouldn't want to settle for ok you know?

>actually has useable desk space
>not lifting one foot into your chair and painting off your knee
Fucking tidyfags

Why do people do this?

Left is before, right is after.

Weathering, to make them look less like toys.

It doesn't even look like rust, more like he tripped on a dirt path

Well, I know that, but we do know that AdMech is coming out before those three.

What is that trying to accomplish?

people think realism is being caked with mud

weathering is certainly a less is more kind of technique.

Then just wait. If there are any models coming with the new dex it will be clearer around release. We'll probably start getting teases and or leaks in that case.

I know but it looks terrible to me.

Whenever you see Death Guard models people in /40kg/ always say that the GW ones are 'too clean' and shit. Then they do stuff like this, and just ruin their models for no reason.

Fucking drives me nuts.

>trash at painting
>good at sculpting
>paintjobs steadily improving

BROTHER

Typhus+Ryza works a lot better if you restrict it to metallic areas.

This is true.

There's much lewder stuff on my table than that giantess.

Tau FW units seem very hit or miss. R'myr is just a fixed Commander loadout with a passable CC weapon and a minor buff against IG. R'alai has a pretty schizophrenic loadout that can't decide whether it wants to target vehicles, characters or elites. XV81 is a Commander that gives up a hardpoint for a SMS which is meh, XV84 has two fixed support systems but at least one is very useful (networked markerlights) so it has something of a niche. Technical drones are whatever unless you're cheesing with the Taunar. Hazards have some nifty options but are kinda overcosted and sorely in need of some better BS. Y'vahra is amazing. R'varna has some good firepower but doesn't really pay for its cost. Ta'unar is pretty mediocre for a Titan unless you abuse the shitty FW writing and take advantage of it being a Battlesuit (unlike the Stormsurge) and surround it with Shield Drones to tank shots in which case have fun.

And so on.

IDD, as says.

Same when doing Orks, battle damage and gubbinz need to have some reason or just look like shit.

So thanks to the new Watchers of the Throne book, for the first time in 40k, we have the current composition of the High Lords of Terra:

1. ) Guilliman - Lord Commander of the Imperium
2.) Irthu Haemotalion - Master of the Administratum
3.) Oud Oudia Raskian - Fabricator-General
4.) Zlatad Aph Kerapliades - Master of the Astra Telepathica
5.) Leops Franck - Master of the Astronomican
6.) Uila Lamma - Paternoval Envoy
7.) Baldo - Ecclesiarch
8.) Aveliza Drachmar - Grand Provost Marshal
9.) Merelda Pereth - Lord High Admiral
10.) Kania Dhanda - Speaker for the Chartist Captains
11.) Fadix - Grand Master of Assassins
12.) Trajan - Captain-General of the Custodes

JUST for Imperial Guard, no Lord Commander Militant represented. It's implied Guilliman took his seat by demoting the guy .

Very little known about any of them, but thought I'd drop the info for homebrew purposes

I think the reason people go overboard with weathering is because it's fun to do and easy to get caught up in and lose yourself.

I can't help but think more regiments are inbound otherwise Regiment Tactics will seem meaningless. It's optimistic to be sure but maybe 2-4 plastic regiments will be released to bring IG options closer to Chapter/Legion/Forge World levels.

m8, no

b-but, she's a wood woman, user. A big thick cock would make more sense than nips

Might be the porportions.

>whynotboth.jpg

All it's going to be is cadians painted in different colors.
upgrade pack of some heads/accesories if we're lucky

S L A Y T H E D R A G O N

not oz but Aus(tralia)

Yes Helmet Nutling.

I stopped playing 50k after 5e and the grey knight spam started at tournaments. Has the game changed for the better competitively, or is it still a collection game with a silly ruleset tacked on?

>I can't help but think more regiments are inbound otherwise Regiment Tactics will seem meaningless.

That wont matter, the regiment tactics will probably not be "Cadian" or "Vostroyan" but generic traits like the doctrines of old or "Infantry Regiment" and "Storm trooper Regiment".

I do think Eldar and IG will get new stuff, maybe new plastic infantry.

You and your quads and trips

A new Regiment needs an Infantry Squad, a Heavy Weapon Squad, and a Command Squad at a minimum since the vehicle pool is largely shared between Regiments. That's not too hard for GW to do compared to building Death Guard from near scratch or the Primaris Marines.

>That wont matter, the regiment tactics will probably not be "Cadian" or "Vostroyan" but generic traits like the doctrines of old or "Infantry Regiment" and "Storm trooper Regiment".
I hope that's the case, I doubt it will be.

They still sell minis for Catachans, Vostroyans, Armageddon, Tallarn, Valhallans, and Mordians.

What are you anons working on?

>A new Regiment needs an Infantry Squad, a Heavy Weapon Squad, and a Command Squad

Honestly a single 10-12 man sprue can resolve all those

10 standing legs, 2 kneeling. Give a coat or fancy look for the commander and you're done.

Last minute heresy marines for a game this weekend. But since I'm posting from my work phone have the last thing I kitbashed.

Is the Forge Fiend as bad as I think it is?

And the hades autocannon is the best choice right? I want the plasma cannons because it seems more thousand sonsy but it just seems like a shit choice.

>That wont matter, the regiment tactics will probably not be "Cadian" or "Vostroyan" but generic traits like the doctrines of old or "Infantry Regiment" and "Storm trooper Regiment".

CADIAN INFANTRY TACTIC
CADIAN ARMOURED TACTIC
CADIAN WHITE SHIELD TACTIC
CATACHAN TACTIC
CADIAN OUTRIDER TACTIC
CADIAN AIRBORNE TACTIC
CADIAN ORPHANS OF THE STORM TACTIC

There you go. Various regimental tactics using solely existing models

Heavy Weapons squad probably needs to be separate because of how IG HWT are handled and how many options there are. But they could definitely merge the command and infantry sprues. Particularly if they wanted to sell a Company Commander character separately.

In metal though that's the problem here, extra cost for monopose outdated miniatures. It's like a punishment that fluff has dozens of options while irl it's only 2. I know I'm not alone here thinking this.

Yes.

Yes.

>50k

Ordo Chronos, please.

But, the rules are arguably much better. They've been Sigmarized, but with a points cost and power-level system in place, it's got its own built-in General's Handbook.

Overall, the mess of special rules has been resolved, and Formations are now basically gone, this time replaced with detachments and faction keywords that keep things nominally in check. Also, lots of units get the points costs they deserve, with the mecha units going up in cost, and with Vehicles becoming much better at last (and increasing in cost), though there is still a little undercosted cheese which is namely Primarchs and other huge faction Characters and massed, cheap unit spam (Conscript Spam is a thing, if someone can afford 500 guardsmen).

It's much tighter, much easier to scale, and generally better, and FAQs have been coming out more frequently that have been tightening up the game quite soon after power-gamers find an exploit.

Have you tried a box? Worked miracles for me.

It's a wonder why GeeDubs doesn't just discount all their pewter to get it out of their inventory.

How's faction balance? I had a huge group of friends who played but we all left due to needing to run imperium factions to be viable (at that point in the game at least).

How are chaos Marines, demons, eldar and dark eldar faring in competitiveness?

>Heavy Weapons squad probably needs to be separate because of how IG HWT are handled

I could see it handled via Genestealer Cult.

Give regular Cadian HWS and add a 2 man new sprue to it to replace the Cadians

It isn't much extra cost for them. £20.50 for the metal regiments (apart from tallarns for some reason they're £25), £18 for cadians/catachans.

Give me monopose Vostroyans over "multi-pose" Cadians any day. Frankly "monopose" concerns are overblown as long as there are enough different sculpts to avoid too much repitition within a squad. There's not much posing you can do with two-handed rifle shooting arms anyway.