Warhammer 40.000 General /40kg/

story time edition

Last >Daily Duncan Playlist
youtube.com/watch?v=fVWObn2XXLo&list=PLEaPE4sLDA7ucJ0dkiVZSW6ghZUNGFHIW

>GW FAQ (1.1):
games-workshop.com/en-US/Rules-Errata

>FW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/15/new-and-updated-forge-world-faqs-july16gw-homepage-post-2/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Thanks Chart-user!)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

>Death Guard codex (thank you Vladimir)
>Epub
mega.nz/#!9hkg0LgL!_Y53qiTD0VDA641V4NBQtnZ8hTGLA_VE-CkTPh9YQzE
>PDF
mega.nz/#!p0tzAIya!DEVmw60_jOLXCdvWqoKBDx8_BW-wxbV6KD4CpB5WbvY

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/13967299
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

my dudes > your dudes

Can bloodthirsters fly?

post that Space marine dick pic with the censor

For followers of Nurgle, a puss drip out your d*ck is a good thing

How does this list look?
500pts

Tank Commander
Plasma Cannon, Lascannon
Company Commander
Chainsword, Laspistol

Infantry Squad
Plasma Gun
Infantry Squad
Plasma Gun
Infantry Squad
Plasma Gun

Heavy Weapons Squad
Lascannon x3
Heavy Weapons Squad
Auto Cannon x2 Heavy Bolter

Starting a DOW campaign tomorrow, not sure why I'll be facing but I can bet on some DG.

gamewiise no. Nothing really flies, gamewise, it just walks. Anyone who says otherwise is a sghitposting faggot who never actually plaid the game.

>Drop out at the tail-end of 5th Edition
>Disregard bitching and whining that 8th Edition is babby's first wargame casualized dumbed down garbage, people always cried but the game never significantly changed
>Give it a whirl today
>It really is simplified to a great degree
I'm not saying it's bad. I really like the vehicle changes, but no USR, the simplified terrain, weapons, unit types and stuff feels weird as fuck. Not to mention Listbuilding feels like a clusterfuck to me.

Thanks for reading my blog

What is a Krak granade?
Like a frag granade?

Looks good my boy.
I might downgrade the Autocannon teams to Heavy Bolters, but that's just me.

It's like a grenade-borne shaped charge. It cracks armour but doesn't fragment.

I love autocannons so I'm biased, but they are much better against Primaris from their 2 damage. Against DG (which user referenced), they have the edge with S7 vs. T5. While that alone isn't worth the point increase, the increased damage also means the DG are less likely to ignore it from Disgustingly Resilient. Some quick Mathhammer says this still doesn't make them worth the point increase against Plague Marines

What would I do with the extra 14pts if I downgraded the Autocannons?

I'm not sure slight point save would help me much.

I was just talking about efficiency. They're still good against T5 marines (they're still better individually), so if you can't find anything to do with the points there's no reason to downgrade.

Nigga the frag grenade is the frag grenade.

I kinda want to get this mentality out that having a single horde is "OP". It's not. They're the Guard's GEQ. It's fair if they can have one if you bring some Crisis suits or a Riptide. If they bring multiple and in the Brigade, then yes that is pretty cheesy.

Also Russes are shit. They're just expendable meatshields. Having a whole army oriented around them would be incredibly boring. If Guard tanks had the same love that Space Marines then that would be fine.

A "fun" army to play against is something that tries to bring all the neat units into the battle in a combined arms fashion. Not just spamming any one single unit. A good Guard player would know that some well supported conscript unit is a cheaper and arguably better source of anti infantry fire power than the other units.

I'm so tired of hearing non Guard players complain about "muh Commissars or muh Guilliman" They're there in the codex, they have a purpose, just like the FWs.source then any of the infantry blobs. Just because you get butthurt at the cheesemongers doesn't mean that the other Guard players have to stop using a particular unit. Quit bitching.

GW's dudes > your dudes

You would say this because you weren't here for the absolute clusterfuck that was 7th. You would have to have legit autism to know all the rules and like the game as it was. 8th is dumb as shit but it's better than 7th by a margin as big as 7th's army power gap.

Thanks for this.
I bring Yarrick and 50cons to almost every game now. It's a good screening unit and can be quite strong if I'm lucky, but I bring Vets in cars, tanks and some other firepower, and people still call my lists cheese or groan when I start taking my cons out of the box.

Daily reminder to Iron Fucking Shits.

The 'Iron Cage' was retconned in the Space Marines codex.

It wasn't mentioned in the Chaos Space Marines codex.

Therefore, it didn't happen as known by most. It was a trap yes, but even with the advantage of surprise it was a 50/50 fight. Imagine what that says about Perturabo. He has the element of preparation and surprise but all he manages was 50/50. And as soon as Guilliman turns up, Perty runs like a coward.

Pathetic!

Fuck off, user. Try 7th and see what happens.

Nth for this game will never be balanced as long as the rules favor taking whatever unit or small combination of units is strongest and spamming them to high hell. Diverse fluffy lists are competitively inferior.

>I kinda want to get this mentality out that having a single horde is "OP". It's not. They're the Guard's GEQ
Funny, I thought Guardsmen were the Imperial Guard's Guardsman Equivalent.

Post old shit and new shit.

>It really is simplified to a great degree

I don't agree. As you said, list building feels like a clusterfuck and will likely only get more complex once everyone has their codexes and people will want to juggle different detachments to ensure they have access to said army's stratagems/traits/etc.

Guardsmen have been replaced by conscripts as the guardsmen of guard.
Sad, innit?

I kinda want to get this mentality out that having a single Primarch is "OP". It's not. They're the Space Marine's TEQ. It's fair if they can have one if you bring some Conscripts or a flyer. If they bring multiple and in the assassin spam list, then yes that is pretty cheesy.

Also Space Marines are shit. They're just expendable meatshields. Having a whole army oriented around them would be incredibly boring. If Primaris had the same love that xenos then that would be fine.

A "fun" army to play against is something that tries to bring all the neat units into the battle in a combined arms fashion. Not just spamming any one single unit. A good Primarch player would know that some well supported Tactical Marine unit is a cheaper and arguably better source of anti infantry fire power than the other units.

I'm so tired of hearing non Primarch players complain about "muh Guilliman or muh Magnus" They're there in the codex, they have a purpose, just like the SMs.source then any of the Primaris. Just because you get butthurt at the cheesemongers doesn't mean that the other Primarch players have to stop using a particular unit. Quit bitching.

They have the fly keyword. Does that count?

It really is.
I hope we can push Infantry squads to 20 or 30 when the dex comes out.

>You would have to have legit autism to know all the rules

Or, you know, managed to graduate past high school.

Tell me what Rampage and Smackdown do right now.

So next dex is Tau?
Then Blessed IG after?

Does... does the ork on ghaz's banner have two shootas for a penis?

To be fair I'd be able to answer that.
>also it's Strikedown

Yes.

That's because you probably used Teeth of Terra. The point is, that faggot that claims 7E was perfectly memorizable likely didn't.

In no particular order: Nids, Craftworlds and IG. All before the end of November

Insignia is rad.

Favorite Chaos Character?

strawpoll.me/13967299

"Fuck off user!"
-user

Nurgle Bless.

>I was only 39 years old
>I loved Duncan so much, I had all the brushes and paints
>I pray to Duncan every night before bed, thanking him for the video tutorials I’ve been given
>"Duncan is love" I say; “Duncan is life”
>My dad hears me and calls me a nerd faggot
>I know he was just jealous of my devotion for Duncan
>I called him a normie cunt
>He slaps me and sends me to go to sleep
>I’m crying now, and my face hurts
>I lay in bed and it’s really cold
>Suddenly, a warmth is moving towards me
>It’s Duncan

>I am so happy
>He whispers into my ear “Today we're going to show you how to paint a Blood Angels Inceptor.”
>He grabs me with his powerful GW hands and puts me down at my painting desk
>I’m ready
>I undercoat with Mephiston Red spray for Duncan
>He recommends I drybrush with Evil Sunz Scarlet
>I hate loyalists but I do it for Duncan
>I can feel my hands trembling as my eyes start to water
>I add a recess shade of Agrax Earthshade
>I want to please Duncan
>He gives a wry smile as he inspects the finished mini
>My dad walks in
>Duncan looks him straight in the eyes and says “And don't forget to thin your paints.”
>Duncan leaves through my window
>Duncan is love. Duncan is life.

Man, ToT still gives me nightmares. Raven Guard friend was absolutely obsessed with using it to slaughter my Alpha Legionnaires. Funny how times change.

I actually remember Strikedown because all superheavies had it. Speaking of which, for 500 points who can name me every single USR and special rule superheavies had in 7th? No rulebooks.

Honestly, memorizing what X or Y does in 7th wasn't as hard as people make it out to be because a third of the rules did nothing or affected the game in any meaningful way and can be ignored. 7th was still a clusterfuck, however but it wasn't due to the USR or special rules bloat in particular. Rather, the clusterfuck reared its ugly head when certain special rules would create really really wonky and janky situations within the base rules. This has reduced somewhat in 8th, though there are still instances of it happening.

Yeah, you're pathetic.

>no Blue Scribes
shit poll

Best selling Xenos, I dunno.
But they are definitely up there, hence the support

So, what was really in need of fixing to make 7th better? What changes would make a good 7.5?

Nurgle bless

>plaid

Can't tell if new or adding bait to the meme.

>He grabs me with his powerful GW hands

Kek

I met Duncan at Warhammer Fest. He's as cool in person as he is in the videos, even if he does unironically like Alfa Legion videos so much he watched them at work.

>So next dex is Tau?
Fucking lol

You'll be lucky if they're number 10.

As someone who generally doesn't even like Chaos, I thought Ahriman was easily the most interesting of that list.

Saved

6th was even worse. Fuck forging the narrative

>What changes would make a good 7.5?
Nothing, 7th was way too cancerous.

8th edition will always be better than any theoretical 7.5 unless that 7.5 somehow deviated even more than 8th did.

Complicated list building =/= complex game mechanics.

>Magnus
>Mortarion
Where is the rest of traior Primarchs?

I have all of these guys except Olassa, anyone know where I can find him?

>t.nerd virgin
Gonna throw you in the garbage, kid.

Lisbuilding in 8th isn't even complicated.

That guys saying it feels like a clusterfuck because he last played in fucking 5th. If you showed him 7th listbuilding with Formations, Decurions and shit he would lose his mind. 8th simplified it.

6th didn't have formations or Stormsurges or Riptidewings or jetbike scatter lasers or 2++ invisible rerollable save deathstars or any of that bullshit

6E's problem was Heldrakes, white dwarf Daemons, flyer spam, and Wave Serpent spam.

I think it's only including models with rules.

Nice cherry picking, faggot. I like the way you skipped the middle Ghazgul as well.
And I for one, preferred a bit of imagination and character to sticking fucking skulls and bling over everything and cranking up the scale. Though Sammael is badass to be fair.

Even someone who last played in 5E should know what a FOC is. Detachments are just alternative FOCs. You already fucking had this in 5E thanks to ZM and alternate FW army FOCs. Apocalypse also had formations.

You are just failing to realize most people are fucking retards.

Thoughts on a list like this, or the strategy behind it?

Its basically a deathball, powered by psychic powers, auras and stratagems. Mortarion is kinda out of place.

Strategy is: Have 20 poxwalkes with Typhus, +1s/1T and -1 to hit spells on them so they are T5, -1 to hit infront of your army. Then you use the cloud of flies stratagem on your 20 plaguemarines who now can't be targetted till you kill the poxwalkers. You use prescience on your plague marines and blades of putrefaction as well as veterans of the long war and the grenade stratagem to do absurd numbers of mortal wounds and wounds in general.

Seems really cheesy but also kind of fun, I could see it scaled back and worked into a proper strategy for normal matches.

Dont listen to these faggots. All of the smatterings using allies, topped with dataslates, expansions, and lest I forgot paygate rules...There were so many USR and special combos, you couldnt keep it straight.

I think if they just fixed the power creep or rebalanced every other faction to be Necron/Eldar/SM tier, it would be okay, I suppose. There will be still be major issues to iron out, but around the halfway point in 7th, it really did feel like if you're not playing either of those 3 factions, you can go home. That feeling might be exaggerated, but it was a real thing.

That being said, I think 8th is much better than 7th. Wonky rules interaction will always happen. That's part and parcel of any game and in 8th's credit, it has reduced those instances. 8th has also breathed new life into a lot of factions and models - never have I seen more diversity on the table top on all levels of 40k and it is a good thing. As long as there aren't any major power creeps ala SM/Necrons/Craftworlds codex mid 7th happening, I think 8th will be a largely positive experience.

M89 that image is old as balls, the """"new"""" models it uses for comparison are either already obsolete or considered relics at this point.

>Seems really cheesy but also kind of fun
I don't see how it's cheesy at all, this is the army as it's meant to be played using its stratagems and psychic powers as intended, it's not some kind of spammy loophole abusing FW-ridden WAAC shit with like 15 Malefic lords spamming Smite or any of that horseshit.

Are there ogryn servitors and would they need much to make a Kataphron out of them? Because I am thinking doing some conversions like pic related to add some visual flavor to my army.

6th actually did have 2++ rerollable deathstars but at this point, it is just pedantic.

Right because the last edition was bad nobody should complain about this one. They've that 8 fucking goes at this point.

>a squad of Screamers
>worse than a flying DP backed up by invisible Magnus, etc.

8th isn't perfect but it's still the best edition we've ever had. People just like to fucking complain because they're autists who have a panic attack if you try to play with a couple house rules to patch up the rough spots that haven't been smoothed over yet.

See: the retards who literally argued you could use Wu Tang Clan exploit before it got FAQ'd, even though they knew it was getting FAQ'd, because "until it's in writing it's not official *heavy wheezing at the terrible thought of people not playing RAW* "

>Are there ogryn servitors
There can be, The admech have quite a lot of free reign to do whatever the fuck they want, so I say go for it.

Sounds rad as fuck, user, go for it. AdMech is probably up with Orks among most customizable, convertable armies.

>20 plague marines

That is kinda cheesy. Maximizing unit size like that.

Also allied detachments.

Honestly? It's too much of a one trick pony and it's not even a cheesy one trick pony. Morty is your primary threat on the table and once he is removed (and he will be removed), you're left with an unwieldy and slow army. Your daemon princes might do some work, but it's iffy as well. I say give it a go though, see how it translates on the table top. Adjust seasonings after initial tastings.

>taking the maximum unit size of your Troops is cheese now
.....literally what?

Also how is an allied Detachment of CSM cheese? Most Chaos Warbands are conglomerates of various Legion splinters working together.

if you played a flavor of space marines, you aren't wrong!

Honestly? The best Gundam to 40k conversion I've seen.

The only place for gunpla in 40k, imo.

>taking plague marines in any unit size besides 7

>That is kinda cheesy. Maximizing unit size like that.

That's basically the opposite of cheesy.

so how are redemptor dreadnoughts on the tabletop? They look like a good halfway point between a regular boxnaut and a leviathan and I was thinking of picking one up to do a conversion like pic related

best loadout? was planning on doing plasma cannon, underslung gatling gun on the arm and storm bolters for the chest but everything seems like it would be easy to magnetize

I see people online have been reading the epub version of The Emperor's Legion, has anyone here uploaded it yet?

Sure you can fluff it up or whatever, but in the end, its done for cheese.

Its extremely unusual.

if plague marines are not taken in units of 7, it's cheese.

>Its extremely unusual.
...Except if you're trying to abuse stratagems that target a single unit, like DG have a shitton of?

Next you're going to tell me that nobody is allowed to run 10 EC Termies with combiplasmas because the MSU meta is still out in force and there's never a reason to use one big squad.

It's been a few months since I last got around to playing a game or finally finishing all my crap still on sprues and half finished.

How are Black Templars and their LRCs in the new edition? Is it finally viable to put your mosg valuable squad in the LR and have the rest of your dudes flood the board on foot or are Rhinos and Drop Pods still an absolute necessity if you want to get into melee range?
Also, what are some of the better loadout configurations for Crusader Squads now? Flamer/Powersword/Sword Brother with Fist still some of the better choices to use?

One final question: how good is Grimaldus? Seen him used in a majortiy of reports on YouTube and his stats on paper look pretty sweet, but nobody ever seems to pack his Servitors.

You can summon after disembarking, but only if you fill out form 322b and have no thaumatic violations during the three month waiting period.