Are you hyped?

Are you hyped?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tnRqDsIngBo
youtube.com/watch?v=XCxL3-Fl7bM
youtube.com/watch?v=7pFdkkjGiEs
youtube.com/watch?v=BKjpH2qO8XY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

No. It's going to be shit. These fantasy adaptations are 90% of the time.

>He doesn't know about Ruby Throne and Stormbringer yet

You're in for a treat. They're fantastic. Elric is back in style.

Looks like a shitty rip off of Prince Arthas from Warcraft III.

Better aesthetics and color scheme, though.

Also fall out of the pussyfooting orange/blue two-tone easymode and opts for a bold look with a high contrast red against teal, black, and white.

I sometimes worry if posts like these are serious.

Clearly not, everyone knows they both are rip offs of Fulgrim.

Everyone knows that Geralt is the real White Wolf.
Fuck you Sapkowski.

Movie or new comic?

New comic. Volume 3 of the French Elric adaptation
TV series in preproduction since 2014-15.

Is that the universe with magic laser towers and parallel universes and sex-slave princesses and sex empire Great Britain attacking France?

It's shit. It's shiiiiiiiiiiit.

Ruby Throne was the hypest shit dude, the new Elric comics are great.

This is the multiverse where the Lords of Chaos and Law govern your very existence. Held back by a cosmic cold war situation put in place by the Balance.

Where black swords reign. Where Harmony can be found.

And a white wolf howls. Like hell.

Wait a second. You better not be talking shit about best dad Hawkmoon.

No offence mate, but it looks like shit.

You can say 'pulp' all you want and quote the Ruuxxyoar throne of Shyyybxx and how the Black Sword Of Darkness And Xxoizz decide the Fate of the multiverse Balance between Chaos, Order, and Xiazoag's Gods of Eternal Zijk, it's still shitty writing.

Underages out!

Name a better one.

It hurts, right, when you hear the truth from the mouth of a babe?

Anyways, may the Gods of Eternal Zijk upon the Ruuxxyoar throne of Shyyybxx and their Followers of Xxoizz smile upon you, user Of Many Capital Words But Few Good Plot.

You're a bit of a dick but I like you.

looks like a bad rip-off of GWs Dark Elves

t. Yyrkoon.

You...do realize that it's the opposite that's true.
GW stole so much from this series.

Requiem: Chevalier Vampire

and from Metabarons for 40k

>Yet another Elric expy

>comparing high fantasy to a fantastic romantism

You like dick?

"It is the colour of a bleached skull, his flesh; and the long hair which flows below his shoulders is milk-white. From the tapering, beautiful head stare two slanting eyes, crimson and moody, and from the loose sleeves of his yellow gown emerge two slender hands, also the colour of bone, resting on each arm of a seat which has been carved from a single, massive ruby."

>Metabarons
>not that comics with space kkk and dragon aliens

Nemesis the warlock or what was it called?

>two slanting eyes
Elric is Asian?

...Maybe?

I'm not liking Stormbringer's design there.

But fuck, I love that guy's art.

What's up with all this renewed interest in Elric? Did a whole bunch of millennials get introduced to WHFB Dark Elves recently and eventually traced their way back to their template concept?

Don't know don't care.
All i know is that this beautiful, albino asshole is getting more recognition and i love it.

STORMBRINGER GET OUT.
OUT!!!!

youtube.com/watch?v=tnRqDsIngBo

Christ, I hadn't noticed the needles in their eyes before.

40k wishes it could be a tenth as gloriously retarded as Metabarons.

Man, I don't recognize this Full Metal Alchemist iteration at all. I guess I been out of the loop

I am. Feels good to have a decent Elric adaptation, for once.

youtube.com/watch?v=XCxL3-Fl7bM

So. What is supposed to be so good about this? Because I've been looking for something to read.

You bet I'm fucking hyped.

no

I thought it was a Veeky Forums meme but some people here actually like this drivel. And don't get me wrong, I love drivel, and I love pulp, but this is just really really bad. If you just read the wiki entry on it you'll see what I mean. When even an encyclopedic description of your work sounds like some shit you'd read in an "awesome sessions greentext" thread or like it was a 15 year-old's power fantasy, you've fucked up.
It's kind of like people who take seriously the WH40K universe.

>tfw you will never meet with Shaarilla of Myyrrhn, Yishana of Jharkor and Zarozinia to fight against Yyrkoon with the help of Balarizaaf, Archduke of Alptroomensheem and Xiombarg.

Oh come on, now you're just exaggerating. It's nowhere as bad in the books. Have some decency.

I am tremendously unhyped. The only good thing here is that it isn't a Hollywood-production, so it might not completely rape the source material.

After Valerian came out, how can you make that claim?

Kids these days... You could at least google, you fucking muppet.

Not very. Hoping they don't make a colourful, vibrant psychedelic metaphysical weird setting into dirt-europe fantasy.

>Thread has been up for nearly a day
>No one posted the preview

For shame.
I got this feeling my luck is none too good.
Fuck off Stormbringer. Don't you have other souls to steal?

>There are people in this thread that dislike Elric and this adaptation.

Those people are not mein negroes.

Just read it. There are good reasons why it's one of the bedrocks of fantasy fiction. Hell, without Elric, i don't even want to imagine what this board would look like.

And that's all we got.

First time I've heard of this.

To the Googles, I guess.

Imagine Jodorowski working on the next GW campaign.
For once, I would welcome the fluff rape.

>the fluff rape.

YOU SEE ME NOW A VETERAN
OF A THOUSAND PSYCHIC WARS
youtube.com/watch?v=7pFdkkjGiEs

>If you respect the fluff, you'll never make books
youtube.com/watch?v=BKjpH2qO8XY

I want to pick up Tales of the White Wolf just to read things from Shaarilla's point of view. Poor girl.

Definitely hyped. Ruby Throne and Stormbringer were my introductions to Elric and I haven't been disappointed with the original Moorcock books either.

I just can't find an actual release date for Vol.3. All I find are the preview pages when I look.

September 22nd.
Facebook page at elriclabd

Thanks

>

Man, that is some Chronicles of Riddick level gothic tryhard nonsense.

Hey, you've just identified another franchise that stole heavily from Moorcock! I never thought of it before.
Though it seems to me they mostly did it indirectly by stealing from Heavy Metal, which stole like crazy from Moorcock.

You're like the guy who hears the Grateful Dead play Scarlet Begonias and says: "The original by Sublime is so much better."

I actually ordered these comics a couple of weeks ago, excited for them to get here. Nice to know the third will be out so soon.

who's the dude in shadows ?

also, does this page mean we can hope to have corrum or hawkmoon bd one day ?

Is this a new rpg coming out based on the series?

Either the Captain or it's Erekose.
Graphic novel.

While I agree that they are great comics, they are, arguably, not Elric comics.

Confirmed: Only one character ever can be an albino.

Thank you; I've been trying to figure out a phrase to describe this thinking, and you've done it best.

Yeah, no. I didn't say it was based on Riddick, just that they were of the same level in terms of their goofball edgyness.

You have to actually listen to what people say, not just assume their meaning based on keywords. I'd think a fellow Dead Head would understand that.

You. I like you.

Elric is still pretty big in France, and for whatever reason a publisher there recently got the rights to publish these comics. That's pretty much it.

Elfen.

That's kind of the fucking point. Empire in decay, pure hedonism, total enslavement of humanity by the elvenkind, etc. It's meant to be brutal, dark, and monstrous.

Goddamn kids nowadays are jaded.

>kids nowadays are jaded
Do you think that has anything to do with being raised in constant fear of being viciously murdered by religious fundamentalists from a far off land because of the sins of their (grand)fathers?

People born when the twin towers went down are 16 now.

>TV series in preproduction since 2014-15.

Source?

Is Moonbeam Roads collection worth reading? I am currently planning to read all the Hawkmoons, Elrics (original 6 part saga and Fortress of the Pearl + Revenge of the Rose), Corums and Erekose. Are rest of the Eternal Champions worth picking up (Kane of Old Mars, Ulrik Von Bek etc.)

>edgy elf with magic sword saga

Nah

He better not. Hawkmoon is great!

Huon did nothing wrong. Granbretan only want peace. All stories you hear are rumors spread by Kamargboos and Moscoviashills.

>Are rest of the Eternal Champions worth picking up (Kane of Old Mars, Ulrik Von Bek etc.)
Can attest to the Von Beks. The answer is yet. FUCK YES. Von Bek is fantastic. One of the stronger works.