Grand Alliance Order
>mega.nz/#!R3B0gDKK!BIBhguOGm-m9jH1q21mVLZk2nAprjj5WB8ijf2Hd2zQ
Grand Alliance Death
>mega.nz/#!tuZgzAxA!ojKhBr9LXuyrENb3a2WdLRZbUrudSUSu7yE1aWla530
Grand Alliance Chaos
>mega.nz/#!0jo3QKpS!BW0rOwEW-BcBp3pUmM9zIRZxWxf3rMxXza1k9ZH9rfU
Grand Alliance Destruction
>mega.nz/#!l2gXDCBR!zRhlaZgiSxjf4MtcgktFUxI8DUTEnSIsjrE3suMCusM

Been working on my elves being stormcast thing. The model still needs a lot of work but the general idea should be clear

way better than this
(pic related)

Let's just get all this stuff out of the way so we can move on with our discussion.

Hey order it's me, ya bois, lemme just ambush you

user this is really cool btw

why do people even want elves around for aos? they're not going to be anything like they were in WHFB. if anything they'll be running around in exo-suits and powered armour.

sounds cool 2 me

>elves

come on user, it's pronounced aelves now

>if anything they'll be running around in exo-suits and powered armour.
but user that's exactly what people want

well I do anyways

Thanks!
I think it does feel a bit more fitting to let the charger be the focus of the two since he does more damage in general.

They're in the fluff and a lot of their characters are fan favourites.

Also people are probably hoping for at least one new army that doesn't look retarded.

Anyone know if the Tzaangor box comes with both the 40k and AoS weapons or if their seperate? Cuz they have different box art on the website.

Su~ure, feel free to charge me...

>In the fluff a lot and fan favorites
That's an odd way of saying "High elves were overpowered as fuck in WHFB so practically everyone had an army of the bastards"

They're different.

That shit's gonna get nerfed before release. I just hope they don't have the boxes printed already

In the old Warseer rumors describing the End Times and what was to follow, there is a rumor yet to be disproven. Nobody is talking about it.

I can't find the post again, but it said something like this:

Age of Sigmar will NOT have a defined number of factions that get updated codexes once in a while, as it was with Warhammer.
It will NOT have its defined, full "roster" of armies to choose from, ever.

Rather, taking as a model CCGS, they would have sparse, disconnected "releases", increasing more and more the number of armies, having "power creep", "reprints" and all the other things CCGS have.
In other words we will NEVER see revised and improved Sylvaneth, or Flesh Eater Courts.

Rather, a few years down the line, we will see something like a "Trees of Sorrow" faction pop up, allied with Sylvaneth, and similar in looks, but more powerful and with different models with a different "theme" or "twist". And maybe with Flesh Eater Courts we will see a "Wolves of Flesh" faction appear, with another theme, new models and alliances to the old version.

So old armies slowly become "legacy", obsolete, and new ones pile up, not even "taking their place", but adding to the hunch of new factions.

Gone are the days of a "rotation" among existing factions. Instead, it's like Mobas that get a new character every few months.
Only, in Age of Sigmar we get a new ARMY every few months.

Does this make sense? Does this seem plausible?
I don't like it, but the rumor suggested something like it, and now we're getting "Vampire Pirates" (a NEW, EXTRA Death faction). So following this logic, Soulblight and NightHaunt will NOT get new units ever.
Thoughts?

>preorder this Saturday
>released the following Saturday
>not printed
user, are you possibly stupid?

Seems implausable

Would you pet a Stormcast Eternal?

It's warseer, so treat it like the garbage it is.

If they're cute enough, sure.

They updated a warscroll in the GHB2017.

user... how do I tell this to you.

We... we have to revised factions already.

I did not know how close to release it was. But expect an "errata" that completely changes how the rule works or nerfs it into oblivion

Oh, you sweet summer child...

i've got a theory about AoS, or rather an idea of things to come

Basically, with bretonnia and TK being squatted, I see GW taking a similar approach with other armies (some are pretty redundant at the moment, with maybe 3 or 4 units)

A lot of my ideas revolve around mortal chaos worshippers:

Beastmen are phased out/into the Tzeentch forces (as tzaangor)
Chaos Dwarves are introduced into Khorne forces
A (new) dark (a)elf faction are introduced into Slaanesh (who 'returns' in a summer campaign/event thing)
And we already have Clan Pestilens Skaven in the Nurgle corner

What do you guys think of these ideas? Pants-on-head retarded, or just plain dumb?

But we got revised and improved stormcasts and bloodbound already. If what you propose was true, the vanguard stormcasts would have been separate.

Destroy your testicles so your idiocy can't spread

Savage!

You forgot the retard spamming anti-stormcast stuff. Just add a picture of some disgusting fatso playing imperial guard and you got a perfect way to represent him.

Both. I'm sure they'll phase out some armies, but the pairings you've chosen are nonsensical

There are a lot of people that have been playing longer than 8th and 7th, young man.

This is tremendously stupid.
Pestilens is a given, yeah, and Aelf/Slaanesh isn't entirely outside the realm of possibility, but Khornate Chaos Dwarves? Really?
Even if they weren't FW and thus completely outside any cycle there'd be no way they'd become Khornate all of the sudden.

1st "Grail knight" done

Other than Aelves and slaanesh, since that WAS a thing at some point

Looks great. It's amazing how much a model can be improved by just swapping a couple of bits.

thanks user :3

>just swapping a couple of bits.
You mean the entire rider?

While other anons have pointed out that stormcast and khorne have had revised books i can see this being completely true. I think SCE and Khorne are the exception being the poster boys of the game but i dont see them ever releasing books for Dispossed, Free guild or whatever the rest are called.

I think you are probably correct. Ironjawz wont get any new models/books, same with fyreslayers and so on. What they've got is it and as you said i think anything new thats added will be similar but more like a different side faction.

Nah, legs is still skeleton.

Looks great man, cool idea and well implemented. Look forward to seeing whole unit.

How are pestilens compared to regular skaven? I like the rats, but I don't want a metafag who only plays them for skryre's MW spam

Why is Chaos so weak in AoS? Be'lakor was BTFO'd by some Terradons in the new edition. Should chaos not be more powerful now?

Frankly I liked it better when people were considering me an idiot, I don't like this at all.
Hopefully the General's Handbooks will be updated yearly and fairly to older factions, if they really are left to rot.

Maybe a few other "posterboy" factions as you say will stand out over time for every Grand Alliance. Maybe Ironjaws.

I love that model

What's the idea behind it?

Bretonnia army using undead models? The opposite?

Nothing mentioned above?

I would actually love this, it means old models will become really cheap and with little houserulling people can have entire armies to play with and spend a fraction of the cost.

People are bored of all powerful villain factions.

It's actually all Black Knight except the shield and head

thanks user!

I'm fluffing them as the result of the pocket dimension Lileath created in the End Times merging with the Mortal Realms and the souls of the Bretonnians hijacking skeletons

Chaos is same ol' Chaos, while everything else got a high-fantasy powerup and a direct closer relation with their deities.
The news in Age of Sigmar isn't that Khorne and Nurgle are helping out behind their Daemons, but that Nagash is awake and well and leading the undead armies, Sigmar is alive and well and (not a distant legend) leading his forces, Alarielle is in first line, directly moving trees into battle, and the Seraphon have regained their deep link with the essence of the universe, no longer orphan failures of Gods long gone.
Non-Chaos Gods are now in town, and sometimes, literally deployable on the battlefield.

yeah, but shouldn't the chaos god be able to beat them effortlessly, since they transcend all realities and timelines and are thus not fettered to specific forms like those new gods?

I agree with you man, i hope its not true but i feel a horrid feeling that it is going to be the case.

I don't really like these "mini faction" releases. Like i love the ironjawz models but you couldnt really multipose them and there was 2 units really and thats it. I would love it if in their next book if they got afew more unit types some more options for the boss and so on. I just dont see it. I think what they've got is it.

I find it weird how they haven't ever mentioned aelves or freeguild or dispossessed armies and what their plans are for them. Since as i understand it they were like the primary whfb armies. I honestly think their model lines are considered finished, wont see anything other than the GHB update yearly hopefully. But i doubt they will get a book of their own.

This is based on nothing but a gut feeling so i am/could be 100% wrong.

I ment to add that i feel this way because they seem really reluctant to show any of those models in any of the supplements, white dwarf, rule book pictures. Its like they don't exist. Its always the new hotness.

I bought that skirmish supplement and all the pictures in it were of the newer faction models, same with both ghb.

Nope. They don't transcend realities, they exist in chaos realms as they always did. Now that gods are dirctly involved, they can be hurt too.

Slaanesh was inside a cave and got captured.

That looks pretty material to me

What is the max unit size for freeguild guard?

I just imagine Tyrion putting him in a large burlap sack.

Frankly I'm really concerned for Flesh Eater Courts.
I thought the model range was extremely limited (it's actually a miracle how many different units they managed to squeeze out of those 5 kits).
But if they don't "rotate" factions around, this means I have to pick an entirely new Death faction if I ever want new models and units, they will never improve, revise, enrich the old bare list.
If what I theorised is the case, they'll only get allies from now on, I hope I'm wrong.

Are Beastclaw Raiders any fun to paint or play?

I really like theyr aesthetic, and they also seem to be pretty underplayed

A major "flaw" I just came upon is thet they pretty much can't Skirmish though

Forgot to mention I really like the idea of a mounted army, which they are, but maybe Slaves to Darkness are better

Sadly I don't like theyr aesthetic as much

>underplayed
They used to be top tier competitively in many areas, so many tryhards did play them.

I was told that because of an faq, you can target artillery crew separately from the gun and I cant allocate wounds to the gun as they are separate warscrolls

what is the point of the artiller piece even having wounds then?

They are very strong, very durably and are one of the quickest armies to play, but you've got to know what you're doing, as even a single badly-picked combat can ruin things for you if you fuck up.

Area of effect abilities? Also, newer artillery models don't have seperate crews anymore, so it's only sensible to have the guns with their own wounds for consistency.

How easy are Ironjaws, as an army, to play?

Artillery and crew were always separate warscrolls. And you'd want to targe the artillery if the crew were behind cover for example.

thanks

fair enough, i'm not overly familiar with the chaos dwarf fluff, so that was a stab in the dark more than anything. How about the beastmen armies being phased out in place of tzaangor though, how is that not possible/sensible?

They were a top-tier army that was usually a good indication that someone was a WAAC fag if they picked them up. The new GHB hit them with a pretty hefty nerf, and now they're kinda... meh to good. But if you'e looking for a mounted army, you've actually good a good number of options. BCR, Spiderfang Grots, Blood Knights, StD, even (if you're fine with a pretty shitty army) the other greenskins.

Shitpostlets BTFO!

i don't know about playing or painting them, but 2 start collecting boxes gets you over 1000 points, so they can be fairly cheap if you're on a budget

Very. They more or less ignore an entire phase, have nearly always a very direct game plan (move up and bash) and can rely on their good stats to carry them through rough spots.Plus, their fairly small pool of units keeps things managable.

They already have Tzaangor and those are a distinct thing from other beastmen, why the fuck would they replace them? If they phase out beastmen (not impossible, but given their recent allegiance abilities not in the books for a good while at least) they'll just axe them. Bretonnia and Khemri were simply removed as well.
Plus there's a fairly substantial rumor about Pestigors being in the pipeline, so that leaves even less room for this theory.

Shadow Aelves when?

Hell, even grungni, who's acting in the shadows, got the chance to outright cockblock Khorne in spear of sh- oh, I guess that's a spoiler.

>the realization that in 10 years we could very much have models for the Chaos Gods to use in game

>and now we're getting "Vampire Pirates"
Source?
Also wasn't there a vampire pirates list in the Lustria campaign in 6th ed., but only with a single metal character modeal released for it?

Some Facebook comment from the community team. I'm imagining it's just going to mean a firestorm city that's a port and can ally death or something

So the last Order city box set focuses on Dispossessed, and also has a Gyrocopter.

Who here is hoping their ability is something for the Ironweld Arsenal to take advantage of?

When?

There likely will be. One of the Great Cities is focused around the Ironweld Arsenal, while another is focused on the Collegiate Arcane.

Hm, they just said that the Allegiances are for Great Cities and those who would destroy them. It is unlikely, but there's a chance it'll just be the Death allegiance out of Firestorm, probably with the ability to ally Privateers.

Literally never.

Soon

I cannot wait for these guys to be released. More glorious skelemans for the armies of the Bone Zone.

They look pretty sweet. I wonder how well they will rank up for my WHFB VC army.

The grunt skellies look like they would rank up fine but you might have trouble getting the leader to fit in with them

Looks pretty average besides the one in armour.

Yeah, the leader is going to be an issue but perhaps if he's angled correctly he will fit in a ranked unit.

He's the main one I really want, and also the one with the badass greatsword that's out of focus.

They are filling out those 25mm bases pretty well, so I think you may actually have a little trouble wit ha few of them.

honestly at this point I'm just glad they dumped fantasy. Boring tolkein-tier eurocentric shit.

There's nothing wrong with Eurocentrism, you plebe and there is very little actual Tolkien in Warhammer besides some superficial aspects. I would also take the old setting over the travesty that is the Captain Planet Realms.

there is when you're robbing yourself and the world of the possibility of including more factions and diversity in the game world. I mean, hell they named an entire faction "araby". Can you imagine doing that with any other race? Especially with one which holds so much diversity and history which has had a far greater impact on world history than europe. The entire thing was a joke. Realms are interesting and actually somewhat inclusive to people who can think in a less nationalistic "this is the empire and they are humans from here. this is bretonnia and they are humans from here. these are dwarfs." manner and kind of open up to a far more realistic idea of cooperation. I am new to the sigmariverse so excuse me if i come across as slightly uninformed in comparison to you but regardless of how accurate the minutia of my post may be the overall message of it undeniably rings true

>Blocked the tripfag

They're a blast to build and paint, as long as you steer clear of the finecast models and stick to plastic (behemoths and mournfang). Gameplay wise we got hit with a bunch of nerfs and the meta and battleplans heavily favor tons of bodies which we can't really do, and hordes was our weakness before and it got worse.

waacfags played kunnin rukk or grots surrounding 3 thundertusks while pure BCR was midtier at best. Now the cheese is dead and pure BCR is in a bad place, but if you want to win play Fyreslayers, Stormcast, Tzeentch etc and fuck off from my fluffy huge dudes riding huge beasts.

Pics related, my progress so far on the Huskards and Frostlord for my pure BCR army!

PS Whatcha workin' on, /aos/?

wip

>finally copying Mantic with Undead miniatures climbing out of the grave
Yay?