Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

Dancing with the Celebs Edition - Which celeb would you like to be matched up with for /pfg/'s premier reality dance competition/campaign?

/pfg/ Link Repository: pastebin.com/JLu5xXML
Current Playtests: pastebin.com/quSzkadj

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/13966812
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Details?

Fuck off

Captain Slow. I want to win.

There's multiple celebs that could offer you an easy 'win', Slow is definitely one, but he's not your only option.

Realistically, Disk and Broodie are also good choices for those trying to win

I say Kawase is a lock. He'll have his army of chink slaves calling the voting lines 24/7.

Sure, but the voting lines don't have any real power here, the judges do

Win at what? Dancing?
For some reason I get the impression Protag would be a good dancer.

At the very least he could type up a convincing rant of bullshit about the artistry and value of dancing.

Disk is too much of a hot head, he'd argue with the judges critiques. Broodie would do something too technically simple that would light up the phone lines but leave the judges yawning.

Don't get me wrong, I think there are definitely other strong competitors than Slow, but I don't think Disk or Broodie are going to make it that far.

Broodie seems to do pretty well with the 'judges' and the phone lines from my memory.

My best guess is that it would come down to Slow and Sappy, but we all know they'd just ditch their partners and dance with each other.

Sappy overrated desu
Slow too

Honestly most celebs kind of have a gimmick

Starstone picks soon, so does Duke's Coin. Are there any characters you hope gets in to either?

Vult would be a fun contestant, the man you love to hate.

Me

no

They'd keep him on for far longer than he deserved just because nothing keeps people watching reality TV like having an antagonist.

The upside of pairing with Vult is you get to play as the Heel the whole time

The downside is that you're with Vult.

Who's your character, user?

I've never been the type to have that kind of reaction to those characters, if they're too much of a dick and show no signs of ever stopping I just don't like them and want them gone.

>Which celeb would you like to be matched up with for /pfg/'s premier reality dance competition/campaign?

How are we determining who is matched with who?

>Another bait op
See you guys in 300 posts

see ya

Your favorite attention whoring asshole and (You).

Here's a topic for people who don't give a shit about this pointless drama about some retarded attention whoring randies and their sock puppets:

Is your character happy being an adventurer or whatever moniker they go by during their escapades as the heroes of the story? Did they choose to become what they are or did somebody or the circumstances force them into their current situation?

She enjoys the excitement and the admiration she receives for being a hero but there are sometimes she wishes life were a little more simple.

He definitely loves the adventuring lifestyle. However, he's doing it because he believes it'll turn him into a man worthy of his true love's adoration.

How many teams are there? Heres 5 solid ones.

QANON and Wist
Protag and Surge
Broodie and Mede
Vult and Vult In A Dress
Slow and Sappy

A patrician tier ending for such a spectacle of self-congratulatory celeb mutual masturbation.

A) Yes, he's currently following around some disgusting knife-ear who turned out to actually have balls because wherever it goes interesting stuff happens. Bit too many humanoids instead of regular humans for his xenophobic ass but he's learning that they might not be as bad as he grew up to think
B)No, he was betrayed by someone he had friended and decided to go on a journey with, and now he's on the run after the city he took refuge in got absolutely annihilated by the Four Horsemen and the Four Virtues duking it out
C)He's never been one for adventure, but was placed undercover for the last three years and has just recently regained his memories and identity. For now he's laying low after participating in the destruction of the city mentioned in B's paragraph, but the supposed allies he was ordered to go with don't seem very friendly either

Nope. My character, regardless of his apparent status as an """arch-mage""" in a past life, wants only to lazily travel with the desert trade caravans again, stealing his breakfast and performing parlor tricks for the masses. Adventuring, the hard decisions that come with it, and the serious risk of death - they're not for him.

He's even worse at running a town

Disk and his ego.

VOTE NOW!

strawpoll.me/13966812

Who should get into Duke's Coin?!

Reposting from last thread.
What would /pfg/ think about a Dominions-like game?
The short of it is:

The true God of the realm is dead. There are numerous pretender gods risen from many backgrounds- some are powerful archmagi or witches, others are massive titans, mythical beings like exceptionally long-lived intelligent krakens, or other such powerful things. They've assumed a god-position, control of nations, and are rushing to claim Thrones of Ascension, huge... well, thrones that do various magical things- for instance, one of them causes a long, long era of nighttime, another might cause a region's wildlife to become feral and agitated. The Thrones will also help Pretenders on the path to godhood.

You, of course, are not a Pretender. You aren't a being of unimaginable power... there is, however, opportunity in conflict, and conflict spans every corner of this world. Are you a bad enough dude to adventure for false gods, make profit, and hopefully not die in the process?

Who the fuck is Mede

I remember someone a long, long time ago ran a dominions themed game on Roll20.

Could be interesting. Could kick absolute ass. Could suck. Tell me more.

Literally none of this matters. Fuck off.

Nah, I'm good.

How would you introduce the Kaioken into pathfinder /pfg/? I'm thinking something like users movement speeds are doubled and an increase to hit and damage = level but in return the user takes Str/Dex damage = half level. Maybe also introduce a feat/improvement that lets them increase the bonus at the risk of taking con damage

They're miserable amd want nothing but to settle down, but continue onward out of obligation to their company and their battle-brother lover

>implying i know what that is

Rage. Just rage.

Is Kaioken rage? Can you use SLA's during rage?

Well, the gist of it would be that the party is travelling through this massive fantasy world, moving through each faction's territory, trying to avoid the ire of the local region's armies, various monsters, etc.
While doing this, they get quests from local militia, commonfolk, eventually moving onto commanders of factions and, when they ascend beyond scrub level, actual Pretenders. The ultimate goal is up to the party, but the starting premise is just 'get loot so that you can survive amidst all this war'. There'd be a few plotlines and quests, and honestly I think it'd be fun.

So is this going to be actual Dominions world or custom setting. Also, what's the char gen and times looking like?

Essentially, it's a martial arts technique that temporarily allows the practitioner to drastically increase their body's power, initially doubling it, but later increasing it much further. However, it puts considerable strain on the body, and those unused to it can practically paralyze themselves with pain if they push too far for too long.

To be honest, I'm just theorizing and trying to get a feel of what people want. Might not happen, might do.
25 PB, wizards are rare, sorcerers slightly less so, I might have to make up some races, I dunno. Don't expect a Roll20 anytime soon.

She is. She was a merc before, so it's not all that different, besides killing monsters AND people. She gets to be active, which is probably the most important aspect.

She doesn't consider herself any adventurer as of yet. She probably won't be too thrilled when she realizes that's what she's doing now.

He's pleased as punch. Beats the hell out of designing obstacle courses for Eoxian reality tv.

I mean it sounds fine as a premise.

If we're doing this we also need a reviewanon

Who's gonna step up to the task?

Happy? Yeah. He likes what he's doing, he likes being good at it, he very much likes knowing he's helped saving his home village and everyone in it. Most people think he's a cold sociopathic motgerfucker but he's doing what he does because he gives a shit.

He's just really talented at shooting stuff, sneaking around, reconnoitering and such. Started hunting as a kid then when he got older he started hunting people. Specifically, bad people. He wasn't forced into anything, he was just good at what needed to be done and no way was he going to walk out.

You, user! You, user, will be the review-user!

Stop posting

Could be neat. Being directionless is a dangerous game.

Honestly it really love that idea of a celestial being pathfinder campaign though i question if it would be do-able in a good way

Realistically, what I'd probably do is do Vigilante-gestalt with LV so everyone is gestalted 1/2 vigilante (and rule like, no exposed, ect), and set it up such that you do real world intrigue and make relationships to make your dualistic existence as like, global terrorists more believeable

However to power level could be a problem, how you can present these characters as just more powerful than the armies around them until a certain point (at which point they get extra boosts to compensate), it gets hard, but the tonality and the nature of a secret society is a very, very fun campaign idea

Why does it have to be one person?

Why don't we just roll up for a character and see what the thread thinks of them?

Sure, do you want to do it or shall I?

I fucked up the last time I tried to roll, so you do it

Who's his true love?

Rolled 11 (1d27)

Alrighty.
1. Kesk
2. Ruzia
3. Sebastien
4. Johnathan
5. Liandrin
6. Mosrick
7. Marzgraf
8. Mulbram
9. Karol
10. Nicodemus
11. Cedric
12. Kara
13. Sigurd
14. Davis
15. Mark
16. Ashton
17. Greg
18. Ralph
19. Gurgur
20. Algenon
21. Kodaren
22. Murik
23. Winsely
24. Danuld
25. Stahl
26. Frakk
27. Chits

Golarion seems to be a fairly popular setting here, but do you guys ever make changes to the setting to fit your campaigns or make it more cohesive? What changes have you made?

>FUCKED
>DEMONS AND SHIT
>-REALLY- FUCKED
kek

>Cedric Bevelle, NG Human Medic

What's your thoughts on this character, /pfg/?

I liked him more than the other apps, an arrogant yet timid medic might present some fun roleplay situations and I want to see him get ruined by the tragedies of war

>anime portrait

garbage, just like you and this fucking nonsense you're posting

Rolled 15 (1d26)

I like him and I like it when characters acknowledge that war is terrible even though its' what the entire game is based around. Makes him feel more real. Art's nice too.

He seems like the type of character that could benefit from having maybe more than two paragraphs, but the writer's done well enough with the ones he's been given and I like that.

Everything moves down one!

I want his daddy cok in my womb!

That's pretty mild as far as anime portraits go. At least it isn't some bug eyed monstrosity.

On the surface, an ice queen and a witchy (in a more literal sense) woman. Once you get to know her, she's a real sweetheart with an amazing body to go with it.

Is the end in sight?

Looks like fire emblem art. FE is usually pretty tame (or was was until recently).

>Complaining about anime
>In a mongolian cave painting image board
Fairly sure it's not.

>Ashton, LN Skinwalker Aegis/Mystic

Alright, just like before, thoughts?

The entire app was a bit hard for me to read or care about, just the writing style bothered me. All in all it seems like a pretty typical "terrible history" type thing and I'm not too excited about it.

FUCK OFF

App circus was only fun when we had people that were actually making decent chars that were at least shitpostable about, these are just nobodies with garbage characters nobody cares about

It's Suidoken, which is/was pretty tame in my experience.

It's a means to an end, the end of course being money and power

So if we try to talk about homebrew, we get shitposted at; if we try to talk about games recruiting we get told to fuck off; if we try to talk about games we're in we get ignored. If we try to talk about paizo, the shitposting intensifies; if we try to talk about third party flame wars start.

Is this all that's left of /pfg/?

That's all that ever was. But at least shitposting about Paizo and 3pp is productive an on topic.

This Roll20 shit is gaia level behavior.

Rolled 16 (1d25)

Yes, it does feel quite edgy (especially with the Highwayman art), but I feel like it just needs some polish. Edge can be 'good' at times and I actually think the guy's writing style has a decent bit of potential.

Don't worry, shit can also be ignored like this post here
there's no value in living!

>trying to provide constructive criticism since everyone here is a writer
>FUCK OFF REEEEE

>Ralph Mansfield, NE Halforc Brawler

I kind of liked this one too, maybe it's the sleazy traitor-but-grounded-in-reality type of guy that I can see fitting into the campaign well depending on how it's run, but I'd like to see this one play out in the game.

There's always the issue of inter-party conflict and whether he'd fuck things up always being a thing, but I felt like he was a little more realistic than just "edgy traitor only cares about himself".

I'd provide constructive criticism if the applicants asked for it. Strawpolls aren't constructive criticism, though.

Rolled 1 (1d24)

Sleaze is good, especially when it's in a campaign like this. That was one of my worries- that he would shank the party in the back for his own interests due to being Evil and all. The player seems decent enough and I feel like he's just more self-serving than anything. I like the writing and the background even if it does feel ever so slightly generic.

>Kesk, TN Ratfolk Magus

I have to put aside my dislike for monstrous races here. I feel like the entire application could be a little more detailed on what exact relevance to everything else going on (it just feels like the relation to the campaign is shoehorned in the last sentence)

But, I do like the "views the magic weapon as a curse" rather than an artifact/great weapon angle of going at Bladebound. Just not sure if that fits at all for this campaign.

How amazing are we talking here, senpai?

Rolled 17 (1d23)

I feel the link to Favia is in itself a decent start, but maybe it could be expanded on a little. Needs some major proofreading for spelling, punctuation and grammar messups. Good first effort. First paragraph needs a bit more meat- feels lopsided in favour of the second paragraph. Again, this one looks like it would benefit from a longer background, but it can't be helped.

It's not really addressing the issues of what a Gundam 00 type campaign would need, but you could swap out the solar energy ring with something like leyline convergences, with three major nations that each control one.

The issue with trying to adapt Gundam 00's rough plot into PF is that 00 at it's heart is a story of an arms race, which doesn't work so well when everything is already predefined by rules. It'd be a lot of work on the GM, I think. And I'm not so sure the forced vigilante gestalt is the right way to handle it, in all honesty.

They say a witch's bust is her resume. What would a (possibly magically-enhanced) hourglass figure be considered?

you should have helped the nobodies become somebodies when you had interest. Think of all the celebs you could have had, but don't because you didn't give advice. Think how great the app circuses would have been.

The nobodies are faggots who don't try

I'm actually not sure the arms race is really that necessary a component.

Arms race is usually a general gundam component, not limited to any story, realistically its more important to show the effects the group is having on the world in their shoot for the moon crusade of vigilante-ism.

I'm not sure forced vigilante gestalt is the way to handle it either, but I kind of have a boner for vigilante gestalt because it tends to be a minor gestalt with anything else but also social powers attached.

Neither you nor I should assume to know how hard they work. And it's not like trying hard means it's better in the first place. Talent, connections to the GM, or even just thread memes are what make people a somebody.

Losing track of where we were, I think this is 21?

>Kodaren Yorvik, NG Human Rogue

Alright, I love applications that try to bend it to and answer questions in a different way. The first person perspective adds to that a lot, and his(?) angle of viewing the situation is really interesting on its own.

He apologized for length, but god is this getting big. I did my best to skim over it but cutting it down would help it more than being detailed.

His tie into the game is really interesting and I like it more than any of the other applications I've read so far. This is probably one of the higher picks for the game as far as I can see. My only issue is that fucking art.

Dicereviewanon is going to bed now, by the way. Let's keep going tomorrow.

You just want her for the tits!

>anime portrait

If it was just about the tits, he wouldn't be head over heels for her, now would he?

He just wants her for her tits *and* fat ass!

I dunno, it feels like the campaign really needs to sell the whole "PCs vs the world" thing, with the PCs having quality of power, and the world having quantity, and slowly increasing quality. I don't know how much the "vigilante ideals" play into the idea.