EDH/Commander General /edhg/

Waifu Edition

Previous: RESOURCES

>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.
tappedout.net

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the the internet.
edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.
manabasecrafter.com/

CARD SEARCH

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface.
magiccards.info/

Thread Question: Who's your cardboard Waifu?

Other urls found in this thread:

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/mecha-shiva/
tappedout.net/mtg-deckpaste/19-09-17-drX-deck-paste/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/bolass-funhouse/
magiccards.info/5dn/en/120.html
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/28-07-17-a-pirates-life-for-me/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>tfw cardfu isnt a creature nor legendary

>tfw cardfu isnt a creature nor legendary
Good taste though.

Just built sram voltron based around 1 cmc equipment and cost reduction cards.
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/mecha-shiva/

rayne is my waifu, man

been playing wizard tribal for 2 years now and almost died when inalla was anounced to be wizard tribal.

for now rayne isnt in command of my wizards anymore, but she will certainly come back

>question
I have a heavy lean to angels. Really any strong while being pretty women in any tcg.

So don't build Elfball. Build Trampleball. My friend has a Seton deck that just dumps out Wurms and Hydras and it's a blast to play against, also very resilient against Wraths because he packs a bunch of grave recursion. Do be sure to pack in an infinite mana engine though, for Kamahl and Helix Pinnacle.

tappedout.net/mtg-deckpaste/19-09-17-drX-deck-paste/

can I get any feedback on this meme nickle deck im trying to build?

I mean... That's certainly a thing that's possible.
Why though?

From Magic, Kaho.
From Yugioh, Ariel.
From Vanguard, Branwen.
From FoW, Scheherazade.

Who /shortstacks/ here

sram can get really big off of golem skin gauntlet and you can make him unblockable with hot soup or skyblinder staff+neurok hoversail. You can also win off of psychosis crawler.

I like shortstacks but im not lookin to catch the plague user

how do you deal with pockets of land

Do not fist Etherium Girls

>not posting cutest etherium girl

usally by getting double draws off of puresteel paladin or archive. Though i could try adding a endless horizons.

I guess. It still feels like your Voltron has only two win-cons, and one of those requires feeding with a shitload of other equipments.

Still, it's certainly budget. So kudos.

Played my very first three EDH games today - cats, vampires and dragons precons out of the box. I'm surprised how fun the commander is. Decks are balanced very well - each player won a one game so at the end of the day everyone was pleased.
One question. Playing commander from command zone is a spell casting, right? I mean it triggers the "Whenever you cast a creature spell" etc?

>thread question

Yes, that's a cast, unless you use Derevi's ability.

wish she was good in edh.

yes

also precon edh is probably the most fair and fun way to play, once money starts getting involved it ends up "whoever had sol ring/mana crypt/mana vault the fastest and get to their infinite combo wins" unless you have a playgroup that isnt full of cunts, once youve played your first infinite youve played them all

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/bolass-funhouse/

Reposting for evaluations

I often hear people say they want a Jund land theme commander, but what's the R part for? What cards do you want in a Jund land deck besides the obvious red staples Blasphemous Act and Chaos Warp?

Yeah but what else, what good red cards interact with your lands (I don't mean LD).

I kind of want to come back to my roots and make a blue deck.

Is Braids blue fun? She seems like she would spice up games and I doubt people would be in a rush to remove her when it helps everyone else out also

Wouldn't it be better to use Stonebrow for that?

>once money starts getting involved it ends up "whoever had sol ring/mana crypt/mana vault the fastest and get to their infinite combo wins"
We all have sol rings in our pre-cons already iirc but we are also poorfags so noone wants to start an arms race desu

>Wayne Reynolds
Ew.

Symmetrical land destruction that you then have the upper hand in recovering from.

Decent taste user.

rakdos charm is comfy, vandalblast is rude, gamble, terminate and dreadbore are nice, hour of devastation, moons

red has lots of cards that help you punish and a ton of just straight up fun cards that would be neat to play

She's very good in the 99 of the right deck. I run her with Alesha with a couple of other taxers

I don't really have one but rayne always impressed me by being a bad enough dude to tell barrin and urza to fuck off when they were being cunts

Let's say I comboed into getting at least 9 extra turns and already had a powerful board presence, should I expect some players to scoop or should I expect to have to kill them over the next 9 turns?

Maybe. Probably. I just really like that Seton deck my friend has because it's turbo-ramp into fatties, with very little removal. It's the most Timmy thing ever.

Also I want to build Bobo Enraged for Gruul. Shelling people with trees and boulders is just rad in terms of flavor.

Depends on how powerful your board presence really is.

Post your favorite Threaten effects.

Is Browbeat any decent at all? I really love the Tibalt art for it and want to run it in my Mathas political deck.

It's shit in EDH. 5 damage is change, and the only way you'll get the okay draw off of it is if everyone is spiteful.

Well I guess I'll just use Painful Truths in that slot instead, thanks.

Please...

Don't bully Mina and Denn

>I doubt people would be in a rush to remove her when it helps everyone else out also
This is true. Why should they rush when it's so much easier to wait until right before your turn to remove her? She will get removed after whoever has the removal has a chance to use her, which will be before you.

> mtg waifu

>looking through Iconic Masters
>Simic Sky Swallower is rare
>Bladewing is Uncommon
why would they do this

I was thinking about that but wouldn't running Lightning greaves, a Kira, and a few counterspells help though. It doesn't seem like you'll be tapped out much with her so you'll have resources to protect her.

is she dabbing

what everyones thinking is: ill wait for my turn to use her, but ill not let him use her, because his deck is built around using her.

at least thats what i would be thinking playing against her.
so either cheese her up, like flash her in, or deny upkeeps a la magiccards.info/5dn/en/120.html

Right. But you need those to play her, and if you don't have something to protect her then you'll probably be stuck with a handful of uncastable massive drops. She's may not be the biggest removal magnet, but your opponents won't let you untap with her if they have the choice.

Act of Aggression

Two in one!

Anyone willing to give some advice on my Pirate Granny deck?
It's pretty casual, and made to be thematic, with Pirate, Stealing, and Treasure/Wealth.

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/28-07-17-a-pirates-life-for-me/

Yeah I guess that's true, it seems fun if you can get her to stay around but it would be hard to do that. Talrand is probably more consistent but a lot more boring

Oh for sure. Braids is definitely more "Spirit of EDH" than the slow cantrip value engine that is Talrand, but she requires a lot more care to play and is a lot less consistent.

if you want to play the "spirit of mono blue" talrand will probs be your man, but thats not all blue can do.

i mean, my playgroup is certainly not high powered, but i played mono blue voltron for a long time, with a lot of counters to protect my commander from dying, equipment like stratascythe that gets better from you being mono colored, or those things.

Mono u is also very good at being unblockable.

It's just I have an Angry Omnath deck and R doesn't add much to it besides some removal, Mina and Den can be replaced by Oracle of Mul Daya, Exploration, Azusa, Couser, etc. For example in Angry Omnath, besides some removal, all there's left is an elemental sub-theme to exploit with Omnath. Green does the ramp and Black can do the removal, while BG can do the land/graveyard shenanigans.
My point is that Red needs more land matter cards besides LD that are worth running in a land.dec

I may be super wrong since I'm a fucking casual so enlighten me.

Have some waifu.

>waifu
EIGHT LEGS
SEVEN VAGANIAS

Maybe more...
Imagine.

This cute tomboy is also a lot of fun, slots into the same niche as Braids for how to roughly fill your deck and has a lot more combo potential. Dedicated polymoroh decks are pretty flavorful and fun.

What are token making non creature things. I would run this with only fatties.

There's a bunch of artifacts, possibly an eldrazi spell or two, a handful of decent sacrifice fodder creatures (especially that Sea Worm thing that upgrades to a Kraken) and I am sure a blue token producing sorcery or two. Nuisance Engine will probably be your best friend, tho.

Talrand's Invocation, Ojutai's Summoning, clone effects, Metallurgical Summonings, Efficient Construction, Rise from the Tides, Drake Haven, Thopter Spy Network, Notorious Throng.

just run little legendary things

Grip of Phyresis is extra spicy tech for her. Steals you their Lightning Greaves at worst and might give you a creature to sac too.

god infinite combos are so gay, id rather lose to ANYTHING else fuckin worldslayer avacyn me for all I care just DO something

I built her as mono U Human Tribal. It was more fun than you'd think.

Blue got more auras that work with her in the last dozen blocks.

Okay, I'll get out Saffi, Karmic Guide, Viscera Seer and Blood Artist. There, I did something.

Seismic Assault is god damn amazing.

Bunch of Emchantments:
Homarid Spawning Bed, for when the stuff you Polymorph into would die.
Drake Haven if you play looting cards.
Efficient Construction and Thopter Spy Network if you play a lot of artifacts, which you probably will.
Skywise Teachings and Metallurgic Summons, if you run a lot of counter magic and non-creature stuff, which you probably will.

Then there's like a hundred artifacts making cheap small tokens, most notably:
>Orochi Hatchery
>all Living Weapons
>Genesis Chamber
>Nuisance Engine
>Acorn Catapult

Others already listed most Instants and Sorceries, but Skittering Invasion seems to have been missed out.

>Wanderwine Proohets your turn
Heh, nuthin' personel, kid.

yup, shes amazing!

everyone suddenly stops even trying to destroy your stuff, if you first draw 2 cards and then proceed to counter the removal

i dont know that "your turn" that you are talking about

So, apart from boring people to death with control shit and building a turbo combo ETB goodstuff build, what are some other wincons and themes to really play Inalla with?
Type Change goodstuff sounds like ir would open the floodgates to some degenerate interactions and reanimation sounds like a value machine, but I'm not sure how to build either.

how is a goodstuff build a turbo combo?

Wizards enable a metric assload of drawing and searching and cloning those effects lets you roll through your deck ridiculously fast.

Looking to get back into EDH after a few years off, mostly to play with work friends for fun. Should I pick up one of the new C17 decks or just build Horobi like I've always wanted to try?

then do so, and win with the metric assload of lead you get through doing so.

just search for other wincons than infinite ones then, if you dont like them
look up docent of perfection.

drafting and sealed

Should I play Jhoira instead? Seems kind of like the same thing but it I just have to wait

SEVEN CLOACAS

i personally dislike jhoira.

while braids is very challenging to make powerful, and probably a wonky but fun deck, jhoira is just "if i dont get countered, i immediatly win in 4 turns, probably less, and do nothing but protecting myself in the meantime"

its a very personal spite, but i just dont think that she is very fun.

so i most of the time just all out run down jhoira players :3

Jhoira is more efficient but always devolves into degenerate "Ulamog turn 4" shit and will probably draw you a ton of hate.

Jalira, Braids and Thasa tend to be much more fun if you're not just trying to win.
Unless you really want to just cheat out gigantic krakens and dragons, the Jhoira is for you. Will still probably make you the archenemy of the table to drop a turn 4 or 5 Vorthos and similar shit consistently.

So win through tempo. Generate shittons of advantage, then, when your cabal of wizards is sufficiently grown, drop Docent, Homura, Shared Animosity, or Anthem of Rakdos for huge damage.

god this artwork kills me every time. so clunky.

i love anthem of rakdos so much.

sometime in my life i will play a malfegor aggro list, that plays enough tutors and shit to consistently play rakdos anthem, and gun down rows of enemies with it.

It was always avacyn. Archangel lets you play both nahiris and gisela which is a bonus.

Best way to do it. Just pick up some of the cheaper older precons whenever you want new decks in the rotation. There's plenty of them still out there for $50 or less.

>Thread question

Definitely the original Gisela. Doesn't hurt that she's an absolute Mack truck of a card, either.

i just moved and joined a new EDH group. problem is, my favorite two decks are already played regularly by a few people in the group. i don't want to be that guy, but i don't want to take my favorite decks apart.

what do?

What decks are they? Maybe there's a similar enough commander.

one's Melek and the other is Yisan

What. How so?

Conquering Manticore or Zealous Conscripts.
I know Conscripts is kind of the boring answer, but seriously: it reads "target PERMANENT." I once grabbed somebody else's planeswalker and ulted it for them because he thought nobody had noticed he'd gotten it up high enough. It's a good card.

Fuck, I'm at a loss for what to build. Borborygmos Engaged looks fun but it also looks like a deck that falls apart without its commander. Nu-Mirri looks like a straightforward Hatebears deck, which I haven't done yet

Melek can be made into Mizzix.

For Melek, you could go with Riku if you really liked the spell cloning, or possibly Jori En or Mizzix if you just want the spellslinging. For Yisan, you're not going to really get the whole "mono green toolbox" with another commander, but with a few tweaks Karador could play similarly.

Do Commander Arsenal foils trade well ....