New game: black player wants to play an orc

This one is driving me up a wall. On one hand, dude's a great roleplayer, on the other the setting is incredibly anti-orc; they're essentially the servants of the big bad.

The rest of the group is pretty uncomfortable with it too, given the racial over/undertones.

What should I say to him? Should I offer him another non-standard race?

Either you roll with it and challenge yourself or stop him and make it awkward

>nigger wants to play an orc
Just tell him to not play himself

>inb4 the player says that the real reason orcs are more violent is because of some sort of anti-orc sentiment that pervades society's institutions
>creates an Orc Lives Matter movement that ignores orcs are overwhelmingly killed(and eaten) by other orcs

Thread is definitely /pol/bait but you're a retard, OP. Even if you're liberal.
Hell, especially if you're liberal.

Orcs aren't black people. Black people are black people. Most settings have actual black people in not!Africa, so I don't see why it's an issue for him to play a big green guy with tusks.

Just draw parallels to other kinds of racism. The situation has more in common with a Hun or Mongol raider visiting Christian Europeans than it does the master/slave American thing, right?

Quit being an absolute fucking puss, treat him like a mature human being who knows what he's doing, and just roll with it.

Why does everyone forget that cannibalism was a grave insult among Tolkien's orcs and thus not a common practice?

Because the facts of the matter don't support their agenda therefore don't count

you and the rest of your group stop being such triggered sjw cock sucking faggots and let the nigga nig. if for some reason he uses what happens in game to criticise anyone ooc, kick him the fuck out.

What fucking agenda? People have been mass-characterizing orcs as cannibals way too often for it to have consistently been some coded antiblack thing.

have you and the rest of your groups tried not being tremedous faggots?

How would it being an insult lead to it being not common?
Orcs love being dicks to each other.

I have no problem with him wanting to play a black human in the game (he usually doesn't, he prefers elves and dwarves).

This is only an issue because I wrote up the orcs -- both in my long term plan and in the setting primer -- as servants of the setting's evil incarnate. I'm basically asking whether I should call him on wanting to snowflake by offering him something else snowflaky or trying to talk him out of it entirely.

Troll thread but truth is it's way more racist for you to make a big deal out of this than just letting him make his own decisions. Do you tell him to dress nice for massah, too?

Fucking this. Christ.

What the fuck. What the absolute fuck. I'm so tired of these stupid useless threads.

Just let the dude play what he wants to fucking play and stop bringing IRL race garbage into fantasy

Sounds like he wants an excuse to kill whitey
Just let him have his fun. There's a good chance he wants to confront fantasy rascism.

He's just a racist in denial, it permeates the left. Why do you think they're such hardliners for welfare/pro-black policies? It's because deep down inside, they know blacks can't take care of themselves.

Because the claim immediately led to violence because the accused was so aghast at having such a dire charge levelled against him? Do you lack basic reading comprehension?

I mean as long as you aren't going full on stereotypical southern cop in the 40's or something, there shouldn't be an issue.

That doesn't sound like something someone on the left would say. Parodying BLM.

What does he say to that issue?

>Orcs liked blood and raw flesh and ate, among other things, Men, ponies, and their own kind.
From Robert Foster's "A Guide to Middle-Earth."

What the fuck are you on?

>Parodying BLM.
No, for them it would be homage, not satire.

>(he usually doesn't, he prefers elves
That's really fucking wierd. Like, I'm dealing with a small sample size but most of the black ttrpg players I meant loath elves with a fucking passion.

Do I even have to say why your evidence is completely invalid and you're retarded for posting it?

I quoted the wrong post

>From Robert Foster's "A Guide to Middle-Earth."
>not from Tolkien's own hand
>thinking it matters

Go ahead and provide evidence that Tolkien considered orc cannablism some sort of aberration in orc society.

>>not from Tolkien's own hand
>>thinking it matters
This is equally bullshit then:

I've already referenced it. It's only mentioned once and immediately leads to violence because it's as bad to them as it would be to us.
Lemme guess; you're a moviefag.

Except I'm referencing Tolkien.

>I've already referenced it.
And you provided jack shit, thus far it's just your opinion on Tolkiens take.

From what I understand the books implied thef Orcs did engage in cannibalism but some groups didn't. For example, Saruman's Uruks got angry when another group of Mordor Orcs implied they engaged in cannibalism.

>Except I'm referencing Tolkien.
Prove it.

>as servants of the setting's evil incarnate
In that case, I'd view this less as a potential racial issue and more of a straightforward "Sorry, in my game Orcs are an NPC race due to being overwhelmingly evil. Have you considered something like ___ or ___ instead?"

That was my understanding as well, but to claim that orcs viewed it essentially as men do is false.

Well excuse me for assuming you knew the source material. It's right before the fight between the Mordor and Isengard orcs.

I talked to him for a while about the orc culture and he was still pretty set on playing an orc. He's one of the three players I'll allow to play evil characters, but I said evil isn't appropriate for this campaign. I'm considering just offering to let him play a Sand Elf. They were going to be implacable NPCs who don't help/harm the war efforts against the Orcs, but he can be their token contribution.

He's a great role-player. He doesn't go for High Elves, he prefers the "wild" elves, whatever they are. He's also into dwarves, which I appreciate.

And from that you derived your stance? Are you fucking idiot?

Eh, stop being racist and let him be an orc. If he can handle evil it will be more interesting.

>black player wants to play an orc
>This one is driving me up a wall. On one hand, dude's a great roleplayer, on the other the setting is incredibly anti-orc; they're essentially the servants of the big bad.

maybe you should stop writing slavery into your fantasy realms

And from what have you derived yours? The utter lack of cannibalism actually depicted?

It wouldn't come up if it didn't happen.

>maybe you should stop writing slavery into your fantasy realms
Why?

>says a moviefag autist on Veeky Forums
I rest my case.

bonus question, what is the new found aversion to slavery in fantasy settings? can you imagine having been such a pussy even 5 years ago? slavery is a quintessential trope in fantasy for millennia

I'm sure it does happen. But it's a serious "crime" and far from common.

If you think he can do it and think you can make it fit, sure

Other wise just tell him no

>implying I've ever see the movies

I doubt it's that much of an aberration in orc society, but ultimately there's not enough information.

Anyway, fuck niggers.

Oh please. You made me add details to the literal only scene where cannibalism is mentioned, the literal only scene I could have been referencing, because you've never read the books and "meets back on da menu boyz XD" You got found out, faggot.

No, it's just been around 14 years since I read the books and took a completely different interpretation of it. Now go get mommy to change your pants and get you some Tendies, autismo.

Man, if I were you I would own being a moviefag. At least that way the evidence is on your side. This way you're the drooling retard that shamelessly tried to cite some fan encyclopedia. Every single nigger I've met is smarter than you.

OP, the best solution is to just change what you were planning. It's not like it's set in stone, and if it's making everyone uncomfortable than just change it. Or if you want to keep your backstory notes, then make an early event in the campaign being the orcs rebelling, getting out from the big bad's thumb and starting their own independent nation. So their role is sometimes antagonistic, sometimes helpful, depending on what helps stabilize their new country.

This. Tolkien dropped orcs being hivemind automatons because it's boring. Just replace them with the undead if you must have such a black and white setting.

What's the fucking problem? No, seriously, what's the fucking problem? Are you not friends with this dude? Does he not understand your kind of attitude?

Here's the ideal of what should happen:
>One or two people makes an 'Orcle Tom' joke about his character not being evil
>Laughter, maybe awkward
>MOVE THE FUCK ON

Why are you gaming with people you're tiptoeing around?

Take it from someone who has dealt with that shit. Don't fucking put yourself through it.

Same reason no one wants to see your piss fetish

>What's the fucking problem?
OP makes threads about things that didn't happen so people will talk about /pol/shit on Veeky Forums. He doesn't actually play RPGs.