/ccg/ Custom Card General

>To make cards, download MSE for free from here:
magicseteditor.sourceforge.net/
>OR
>Mobile users might have an easier time signing up here:
mtg.design/

>Hi-Res MSE Templates
pastebin.com/Mph6u6WY

>Mechanics doc (For the making of color pie appropriate cards)
docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AgaKCOzyqM48dFdKRXpxTDRJelRGWVZabFhUU0RMcEE

>Color Pie mechanics
magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/making-magic/mechanical-color-pie-2017-2017-06-05

>Read this before you post cards for the first time, or as a refresher for returning cardmakers
docs.google.com/document/d/1Jn1J1Mj-EvxMxca8aSRBDj766rSN8oSQgLMOXs10BUM

>Design articles by Wizards
pastebin.com/Ly8pw7BR

>Primer: NWO and Redflagging
mtgsalvation.com/forums/community-forums/creativity/custom-card-creation/578926-primer-nwo-redflagging

>Q: Can there be a sixth color?
A: pastebin.com/kNAgwj7i

>Q: What's the difference between multicolor and hybrid?
A: pastebin.com/yBnGki1C

>Q: What is precedence?
A: pastebin.com/pGxMLwc7

>Art sources
artstation.com/
drawcrowd.com/
fantasygallery.net/
grognard.booru.org/
fantasy-art-engine.tumblr.com/

>Stitch cards together with
old.photojoiner.net/

>/ccg/ sets (completed and in development)
pastebin.com/hsVAbnMj

Other urls found in this thread:

magiccards.info/mbp/en/50.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>no edition

Orc edition

New version. Took some feedback an user gave me in the last thread, so now the tokens aren't just 1/1's, but work like Gemini Engine. If I understand how this all works correctly, anything that alter's Bart's P/T will carry over to the tokens as well. So basically, Voltron stuff should still work. If this core concept is good, all I'll have to do next is fine-tune the balance.

Oh yeah, lore: Bart Allen is a speedster, and a power he liked to use a lot was to make Speed Force-created copies of himself, this the tokens.

Eh, even with Red's artifact love, this still feels way too Blue.

Uh... what? How does this even work? I'm guessing you just messed up the wording and intend for the creature to be bounced later if it's attacking or blocking. But I have to ask why you would even bother with that. It's not like it breaks the game or anything. Also, art in use, but you probably know that.

This one I've just upped the costs by 1 each since last time.

Lore: The son of Captain Boomerang, enemy of The Flash, yet ironically also a speedster. Uses the same boomerang gimmick (boomerangs come back, so spell recursion) as his father, but uses his connection to the Speed Force to throw them at superhuman speed (instant-speed sorcery spells).

Various Red Uncommons and Commons from EXT.

As well as some various Blue and Green Cards. A few tweaks as well.

And finally some black and white shiz. Along with some Misc.

>Uh... what? How does this even work? I'm guessing you just messed up the wording and intend for the creature to be bounced later if it's attacking or blocking. But I have to ask why you would even bother with that. It's not like it breaks the game or anything. Also, art in use, but you probably know that.
The point is to make the card more like the original Unsummon.
It used to be a combat trick before the rules were updated.
You could attack/block, then unsummon it before it died, but after it dealt damage.

Oh. Well, then I'd say either make it modal or give it just that ability and not a regular Unsummon on top of that. I'm guessing better wording for what you're looking for would be
>Prevent all combat damage that would be dealt to target attacking or blocking creature this turn. Return that creature to its owner's hand at end of combat.
Or end step, whatever. Anyway, this damage prevention seems like it would be more White to me than Blue.

>Gore Valley Charger
Seems OK, but does this deserve to be rare?

>Gore Valley Ambush
Feels off, feels more White than Red to me. Instant speed also feels off, since the entire point of it is to help with blocking.

>Surrounded
Name feels off, art seems like it would fit better on a creature. I think the cost is fitting for the effect, but it's honestly hard to tell with how much Wizards seems to cost divided damage now.

>Possessed by Flames
If you want to keep it as-is, I'd say lower the cost so it's a colorshifted Call to Mind. Or, given the name, maybe make it recur randomly, and cost accordingly. Maybe it could return both an instant and sorcery to your hand, but again what you get is random.

>Fury of Flame
Hmm. Seems fine on the surface, but I have the feeling that in reality, this translates to "~ deals two times X damage divided as you choose among any number of target creatures. Spend only red mana on X." You should probably up the cost to 1R. I guess you could throw in player damage if you want to make up for it. This definitely feels like something that needs to be playtested.

>Dragon Trainer
Seems way too good this way. I'd say make it a Red Brindle Shoat, 1R and uncommon.

>Dragon's Breath
Seems OK.

>Dance with Daggers
Seems OK.

>Urgency
Expedite reprint? OK.

>Monstrous Rage
Kinda hart to judge since I can't find many spells that grant Menace, but I think you might be able to get away with 1RR here.

Will get to the rest later, but I want to point out some art in use I notice here Corrupted Necromancer uses the art on Dread Warlock (I see people use this card's art all the time for some reason.)

High Tower Fiend uses the art from Vampire Nocturnus. Specifically, the alternate art used for the card for DotP 2013. magiccards.info/mbp/en/50.html

Jeez, I guess everyone's at work/school.

Starfire's energy blasts, represented as a card. Wanted to make an interesting burn spell, but I'm not that great at designing burn apparently.

>Gemstone Guardian
Should be "you gain 6 life." Anyway, it's basically an upgraded Arborback Stomper. If you want to keep it at 6/5, it definitely needs an increase in cost. I'd say 4GG at least. I honestly think it should be lowered to uncommon and have the cost increased perhaps even a bit beyond that, but that's just me.

>Jaljunan Hunter
mG Viashino? Eh... not really feeling it. Ability seems OK, and I like Evoke here, but Scavenge just feels off. It just seems tacked-on.

>Abnormal Rider
>As long as you control fewer creatures than an opponent [...]
Seems kinda meh.

>Entrancing Stag
Scry just feels kinda off here, sorry. Could just be me though.

>Mystic Communion
Downgraded Scout the Borders? Hmm, maybe sorcery speed.

>Tide Spiral Summoner
Seems OK. Not entirely sure about giving the token Hexproof.

>Colossal Frost Monster
I really like this. Nothing groundbreaking, but just attaching Sleep to a big body makes for an interesting combination.

>Swift Deflection
Compares badly to Mizzium Skin and Heroic Intervention. I'd say up the P/T boost just a bit, maybe +1/+1. Might even be able to drop to common.

>Face to Face
Meh. Just two different choices, both solid. Kinda makes me wish you had Entwine honestly, since these two effects could work well together.

>Explosive Harmony
Second option just seems too good for the cost. I'd say you could replace it with Blazing Volley.

Mitigation Angel is Just restoration angel that goes infinite with itself

I'm not sure how to feel about Kicker, Evoke, and Replicate in the same set. It feels like they overlap a lot in regards to altered costs for extra effect.

I was gonna say there seems yo be a lotnof mechanics but I didnt notice any dash or evolve which i thought that set symbol had. I wish dash were still here since i really like it in white. But there is a lot of alternate or additional costs at once.

Dash in White sounds interesting, though i feel like it would only fit in-color on 0 power creatures with tap effects. At that point, it's more like a reusable spell akin to Forecast, but more creature focused.

I think you could just use the suspend argument in the sense that for dash to work the creature pretty much has to have haste, but it otherwise feels pretty white to me.

Dash is still a mechanic in this set, evolve never was though, I agree with all of you in general though that there are to many alternate cost mechanics in this set. I've sorta been through ideas at the wall for the last couple weeks so I'm appreciating the feedback.

I would probably cut either dash or evoke (This ones on you, I love both) and either replicate or kicker (id probably cut replicate mostly for design space reasons, how many effects at each rarity are there even left?)

The other thing is, other than because it has a lot of design space in thebcas eof kicker (and even then, is there a reason your set wants kicker?), I cant exactly tell the reason for any of the mechanics except dash which i get the impression is a RW faction mechanic. Is this an enemy set, and what are your factions if you have them? I like evoke, but what exactly is the flavor in this set? I cant really tell. For lorwyn it was for showing the ephemeral nature of the greater elementals. What does it mean here? I assume if you are faction based you can get away with 5 mechanics

The set is a 5 faction enemy colored set. W/B Vampires centered around tokens and enchantments matter, U/R Wizards with replicate, W/R soldiers with Dash, U/G mutants with Evoke, and B/G zombies with Scavange. The non-vampire creature typesbarnt primary.

A card I did a while ago, just want to double-check the balance.

>Mitigation Angel
What the other guy said, this needs a clause so it can't target itself, or another copy of it. And personally, I'd say
>[...] under its owner's control.
Since that seems to be the way Wizards is going. Also, uncommon?

>Hidden Edge
Eh, feels a bit off. More like it should go on a Rogue or something, maybe even be Black. As for this one, I think these sorts of tribal bonuses work better when you just get something extra. Like, if the create is a Vamp, it gains Lifelink or another keyword.

>Pierce the Heart
Seems OK. Nice flavor.

>Lumin Apostle
I'd make this 1W at the very least, and probably uncommon too.

>Antique Charm
Meh, seems OK.

>Shambling Necromancer
Think I would've preferred making a big Skeleton token, or multiple Skeleton tokens, but that's just me.

>Bloodborn Servant
>[...] you draw two cards and you lose 2 life.
Seems OK.

1/2

The idea is balancing being able to use abilities and gain loyalty counters in the same turn with being a 6 mana do nothing when it's not supported. The flavor is he's a grizzled old schizoid walker that wants nothing to do with other walkers (which is why you can't gain loyalty yourself, only the creatures you control).

This is pretty neat and would probably go into agro decks, the flexibility might outweigh not being a 3 drop creature but i'm not sure honestly, seems useful in a goblin/weenie deck.

That crocodile seems unreasonably powerful. Relevant keyword, very useful ability, and scavenge all at 4 mana and uncommon. The enchantments are strong but I'm all for them, but the Sanguine one may be a bit to strong, two way life swings add up very quickly, especially when they're easy to abuse like that one.

Took some suggestions from the last time I posted Spider-Man.

>Corrupted Necromancer
Yikes, I really don't like how he can recur copies of himself, even if they ETB tapped. Also, I think you should go easy on Menace. This is the third creature in a row you have it in. Especially egregious here since you're unlikely to attack with this guy.

>High Tower Fiend
I'm sorry, but are you fucking joking? Add a tap cost to the ability, change the ability to only affect a single opponent/player, and restrict it to sorcery speed, at the very least. Absolutely insane as-is.

>Abrupt Slaughter
This is really weird. Black doesn't go for "CMC/power N or greater" that's more White's thing. I'd say make it something like
>Destroy target creature with power 3 or less. If you control a Vampire, you gain life equal to that creature's toughness.
I dunno, I just felt like the lifegain was a bit random before, I like tying it to the creature you're going to (hopefully) kill. Also, please change "All of a sudden" with "Suddenly".

>Abnormal Hatchling
>As long as an opponent controls more creatures than you, ~ gets +1/+1.
Deathtouch feels a bit odd here. Not sure on the cost.

>Murderous Flock
Eh, I question why this is Black. I really like the idea and flavor of it, but right now it just feels like a Blue card in disguise. Maybe if a creature died the turn you cast it, you get more tokens?

>Midnight Hunt
Ah, the mandatory common-rarity mB creature destruction of the set? Well, I think I'm going to have to side with Wizards here. I'd say add something else onto it. Not sure what, but some sort of bonus that ups the cost a bit. At least 5 CMC.

>Academy Mentor
Are you planning on making creatures with Replicate? Because if not, you can drop "noncreature" from this. Flavor's nice.

>Execution of the Pure
If they're so pure, why are they being executed? Like with the last modals, I just don't really feel this one. Sorry.

2/2

I don't like how the WB and BG Ambitions scale so much better than all the rest. It just makes them far more powerful. I think for this cycle, the last ability should only be active as long as you control a creature of the relevant type. So, the GU would become
>As long as you control a Wolf, creature spells you cast cost 1 less to cast.
As for the WB and BG ones then, I'd say just don't make them scale. The WB one should cause only a set amount of lifeloss and gain, and the BG one should put counters only on a single Zombie.

As for the others, I agree with the other guy, the croc is stupidly powerful in comparison with the rest. I'd say turn him into a rare and up the cost. Ditching Trample wouldn't be a bad idea either.

Think it should be
>Whenever you cast an instant or sorcery spell with converted mana cost greater than or equal to the exiled card's converted mana cost, copy it. You may cast the copy without paying its mana cost.
Seems good, but hard to judge in a vacuum.

Wait, let's change
>copy it
to
>copy that card
to make it less ambiguous.

Thanks my wording is usually iffy on specific things like that.

And it was mostly designed as (casual) EDH fodder in mind, it's mostly what I play

Thr ides for the enchsntment was I wanted s cycle of splashy nemy color enchantments showing off changing and conflicting ideals in the west. Turns out only that one is really easy to pin down to a nice and neat pair of words. Im not doing factions which is super god damn hard, harder than I thought, so my compromise is having each color in each conflict have an ideal that each card wants to represent to give some structure, and the enchantment cycle would let you choose between each ideal on the card.

Im not exactly sure hoe the effects should be divvied. I went with "one helps you, one hurts opponent" but that was also the FRF Siege cycle, and I want to go a little narrower anyway.

Wouldn't

>copy the exiled card

be clearer? And is it missing the "you may choose new targets for the copy" like a lot of effects have or is it not needed here?

Sorry, haven't been working on much, have a reprint with some nice art. Oh yeah, and I've changed how I do reprints now. Now they have (R) in the name, which should be a more obvious hint than the purple rarity from before. Also, they have legit rarities, usually taken from the last time they were printed.

>be clearer?
I didn't think it was necessary with the new wording, but it's up to you, there's nothing wrong with it.

>And is it missing the "you may choose new targets for the copy" like a lot of effects have or is it not needed here?
No, you only use this clause if you copy a spell with one or more targets. What your card does is create a copy of a card in exile, then allow the controller to cast the copy without paying the mana cost. Note how this means that the copy has no preset targets to change, since the card in exile has no targets, and how the user can simply decline to cast the card even if it does trigger.

This wording of copying an exiled card doesn't come up much, so I understand the confusion, but it is valid. Just check out Isochron Scepter or Panoptic Mirror.

Thanks for the clarification, will keep it in mind

Jank rares. Post your best of the worst. Rares that are bad. Rares that are too conditional to use. Rares that make you feel bad after you open them during draft.
You cannot make a good card feel good, unless you have a waste of cardboard for comparison. It's time to give the dark hero's of rares a little bit of spotlight.

How about a card that had an effect along the lines of:

>(cost) (tap) you may play a card from your hand on your opponents side of the field.

Or how about a creature tag like "disloyal - this creature enters play on your opponents side of the field"

Funnily enough, for some dumb reason someone else posted this idea here too. Seems mostly pointless. I guess its fine as a rsndom weird card in a set bit then it wouldn't be keyworded.

Well the idea of disloyal cards would be they have some kind of powerful effect to benefit you which is offset by the fact that you have to give your opponent a creature.

Blue would get spies that let you draw cards, see your opponents hand and otherwise gain information.
White sends emmisaries and ambassadors that stop your opponent being able to attack it cast spells.
Black sends parasites that weaken other opposing creatures or similar.
Red sends over suicide bombers that cause damage nd destroy shit.

I'll bite. Trinity I designed with the knowledge that it's insanely impractical. While this card only costs WUBRG, the mana costs of the cards it's looking for are 2WB, 6WWW, and 3RGW, and Supes by himself will likely finish off any opponent without immediate access to hard removal.

What about Harmless Offering? There's also stuff that you give to opponents, like Akroan Horse and Sleeper Agent.

>You in the game
Fucking hell. Well, time to shoot myself.

MtG seems to avoid that sort of shit. This would be more likely to be an enchantment that goes "On the beginning of your upkeep, if you control (...) you in the game."

DUDE, IF YOU CONTROL ALL OF THESE SICK SUPES YOU DEFINITELY IN DA GAME

Yeah I get it though seeing it spelled out makes it seem more intereting than it probsbly is. Its just, how many effects can you get out of this and is it really worth giving the opponent a body? And it doesnt seem like its something youd want a lot of in a set since it seems itd be confusing and annoying to track in high volume.

>UW
>Not UR

What the fuck

Yeah, try harder.

I'm not exactly sure what the implication here is.

Thanks for the tweaks mang I've adjusted accordingly in the obvious places. Finally think I'm happy with the Ambition Cycle.

Also a first "Draft" for the rare kicker cycle, as well as some new stuff.

I rather like how the Red and Black cards with Kicker combo well with their own effects. Lifelink to offset the lifeloss, and haste to take advantage of the lack of blocking. I would say that the balance across the cycle of some of these effects is a bit off. The Red one feels a bit weaker for 4 cmc.

I've been tempted to move their kicker costs all down to 1 and lower the power of their effects a bit to better match Gore Valley Charger, the more I look at him the more I really want that effect at 3.

Yeah. I feel like for it to be 4 cmc with the kicker, it would need to make it so more than one creature couldn't block. The exact number could vary, but if you could drop it and knock out 2 or 3 of their blockers, that'd be the sort of thing that could be worthwhile.

I'd suggest looking at some 2 cmc spells that have the effect of preventing things from blocking and see what fits, since I think for a lot of the other cards you were going for that sort of power level with the kicker cost.

My thought was kind of a card that would then combo with spells like one with nothing.

Sleeper agent is the kind of card I was thinking of. My thought was you could expand that sort of effect into a whole archetype with keywords where the theme is armies, espionage and diplomacy.

There could be "disloyal - when you play this card target opponent gains control of it" and "double agent - you may play this as a disloyal creature".

You could do quite a lot with them I think.

Look into Gwent, the Witcher card game. I think they had a mechanic like this, where you could give your opponent a creature.

>Ambitions
Ah, these look much better. If you want, I think you might be able to do something like Edgewalker or Ragemonger, where they the colored mana needed for spells or the appropriate type.

>Jaljunan Crocodile
I still think this is too good. Compare/contrast Throat Slitter.

>Bloodborn Fiend
Ah, much better, thanks.

>Abrupt Slaughter
Seems good.

>Midnight Hunt
Eh, OK.

>Murderous Flock
Better.

>False Harmony
>Possessed by Flames
OK.

>Fury of Flame
Looks better in my opinion. Now a twist on Rolling Thunder.

>Mitigation Angel
Maybe instead of making it cost so much, give it Kicker, and if it's kicked, then you exile another creature you control?

>Lumin Apostle
Seems better, though I still wonder if it should be uncommon.

I agree with the other guy, I like how B and R combo with themselves, very good idea to replace Menace with Lifelink. But I also think he has a point in that some of these need to be rebalanced. Maybe the R one could be changed to give all your creatures a P/T boost, for example. And as for Blue, "unblockable" is no longer a keyword. Instead the wording should be
>[...] create a 2/2 blue Elemental creature token with "This creature can't be blocked."

>Necrotic Dragon
Seems like it could be interesting. Though going by Vizier of the Anointed, this should be
>Whenever you activate a scavenge ability, [...]

>Voltaic Elemental
Seems OK to me.

>Surprising Storm
Seems OK.

>Gore Valley Barbarian
This I feel kinda split on. I feel like universal LD is too strong here, especially with how Wizards seems to be costing it now. I guess you could play with Red's new land-freeze ability. Or you could change it to hit nonbasic lands. Or artifacts and nonbasic lands?

>Undead Pledge
Seems OK.

Yeah, I've played a bit and thats why I like the idea of units you can put on your opponent's side of the board, only, I think MTG has even more potential to throw in interesting effects because of all the other mechanics and the fact that most spies in Gwent are a method of gaining card advantage. Some cards could even port almost directly with very little adjustment needed, I could easily see something like Rot Tosser made into a magic card.

It's been a while since I've been into anything Magic.
I moved all my files off my old computer into this one and only recently opened MSE, and while I do have m15 card border I can't seem to change the font.

Well, welcome to /ccg/. If you have any questions, feel free to ask. I also recommend checking out the links in the OP.

As for fonts, that's part of a separate download on the additional downloads page. Just CTRL+F and search for "font" and you should find it. Then you just need to install the font that way you would any other. A quick Google search should tell you what you need to do for your OS. I run Windows 7, and all I had to do was open the fonts menu in the control panel, then drag and drop.

Where can I buy some decent proxy cards?

We don't normally discuss proxies or printing here. Sorry, you'll have to look elsewhere.

Also, MSE is a poor choice for making proxies, since the resolution is deliberately made to be poor to prevent this sort of thing.

Why not?

Most of us never bother printing cards. Only people very serious about making sets do so. I guess they could help you, but they've pretty much all left these threads.

Page 10 bump.

I think I've found a happy balance with Gore Charger, also completely rewrote Jaljunan Huntmaster wanted the kicker and the keyword to care about each other.

>Bloodborn Servant
>[...] you draw two cards and you lose 2 life.
I pointed this out before.

R does look better now, but I'm not sure about the changes to G. Maybe take off Fight and make it three +1/+1 counters.

Also, sorry, but I just noticed that Kicker should be the first word on all of these cards. I forgot how the ordering for that worked before.

And it should be
>When ~ enters
not "Whenever". You should only use "Whenever" if it's feasible for the same permanent to trigger the same ability more than once. And technically, permanents that leave the battlefield then come back are treated as different permanents, not the same.

Well, I realized why I felt I needeneeded a flying humanoid race. It's because of course a regular wild bird or something can have a side in a philosophical conflict of ideals. I might just have to use Aven/ creature type bird even if I don't like it.
>You should only use "Whenever" if it's feasible for the same permanent to trigger the same ability more than once. And technically, permanents that leave the battlefield then come back are treated as different permanents, not the same.
I actually didn't know this. I usually just looked up wording to compare but I never knew the why.
I really like the idea of making the keyword and kicker abilities synergistic though that may be too right to pull off. You could perhaps give the blue one flash with the token kicker which makes it a very efficient blocker. Doesn't really have synergy with with any be blocked I guess but eh. Maybe it could get illusion rules and it will also synergize with the flash by letting you get an attack in unless the opponent holds up mana?

>I actually didn't know this. I usually just looked up wording to compare but I never knew the why.
I'm fairly knowledgeable about the wording of various Magic cards, so please feel free to ask if you have any questions.

But yes, "When" is used when the card itself could only trigger the ability only once, and "Whenever" is used more than once. For example, there are some situations where an older card may destroy itself and still use "When" even though Indestructible prevents destruction, but the card doesn't have that ability by itself.

I think the idea of making a legend that cares about the planar dice is cool, and tying it to an existing legend is also cool, but I don't think this makes sense for Krark (also did you mean All-Thumbs? That name makes more sense unless he was actually given a last name). This particular design also feels a lot like it wants an untap somehow somewhere though I'm not sure how or where and what to replace.

I really liked that flash suggestion, also tried to balance out huntmaster.

Also thanks for the formatting help, had no idea there was a major difference between whenever and when.

These seem better all the time.

Anyway, for the Blue one, I recommend putting Flash above Kicker. Generally, the abilities of a card are listed by when they become relevant. Surrak is a great example of this. His first ability dictates when he can be cast, the second dictates what happens to him on the attack, the third dictates what happens to spells on the stack after he gets onto the battlefield, and the fourth dictates what happens to other creatures.

So here, I think Flash should go above Kicker because Flash affects the card before Kicker does.

I just noticed I think you had a 2/2 for MM with kicker 2 that got an ability related to two and the new stats on the elemental token break that If you want the token purely defensive instead of using 2/2, maybe make two 0/2 or 0/1s?

Flash does feel a lot better above kicker in the text box.

Also my original drunken thought was that a 0/4 kinda fits the 2/2/2 theme I had going on by being a multiple of 2. Now I'm stuck between which of these two versions i prefer.

Hey /ccg/
I ported some cards from The Elder Scrolls: Legends just for shits and giggles. I tweaked colors for a few of them to fit more in the conventions set by MtG, but other than that they're the same. Thoughts?

>Mighty Ally
Memory issues.
>Leaflurker's
The only instances of this type of effect I can find are black, so I'm pretty sure it should be there, not green.
>Craglorn Scavenger
Feels more white or green, the two colors that both traditionally have enchantment interaction and creature growth.
>Gravesinger
Garbage, particularly for a rare. 10 mana for 6/6 that does effectively nothing for a full turn, and even then only works as a reanimator feels wasteful.
>Supreme Atromancer
Isn't blue in any way.
>Alduin
Should be "each" not "every" and I guess is alright, if the set has a decent way to dump your graveyard full of dragons, and has enough dragons to merit it.
>Stampede Sentinel
Should be, I think, "If an instant, sorcery, or enchantment would deal damage to you, prevent that damage."
>Murkwater Butcher
Actually an interesting card, but I feel like it's super swingy, particularly for a common. Either you get it in your opening hand with a green source and get a huge lead, or don't, and it's a dead draw.
>Stealer of Secrets
Has memory issues again. Doubly so with Ward. Weird because it's an even power/toughness gain, so it should be perfect for +1/+1 counters.
>Archein Venomtongue
should be "Whenever a creature dealt damage by ~ this turn dies, effect"
>Tazkad the Packmaster
>6/6 Haste Trample for 8 in 2 colors
>Spawns a 4/4 vanilla token when killed
Again, I feel like this is terrible, but there really isn't anything else for 8 mana R/G cards to compare it to, other than Borborygmos, Enraged.
>Undying Dragon
Borrows from Serra Ascendant, mechanically, but they couldn't manage to just copy the wording from that card to get it right.

>Vastly underpowered
>Off color
>Uninteresting
>One or two good ideas
>Legendary creatures taken from another existing IP with mechanics like "destroy all other creatures" and "colorless but not artifact"
>Poorly worded

2/10 being generous.

>>Stampede Sentinel
>Should be, I think, "If an instant, sorcery, or enchantment would deal damage to you, prevent that damage."
Whoops, my bad, just looked up similar cards.
"Prevent all damage that would be dealt to you by instants, sorceries, or enchantments."

I appreciate any and all criticism. Not only am I new to making cards, but ESL is fucking wonky with their colors. A lot of their blue cards should be red (supreme atromancer is pure blue), a lot of their black cards should be green (which is why archein venomtongue is both), and a lot of their green cards should be black. Also the fact that you said they're underpowered is fascinating, because on average I feel like ESL cards have more strength/toughness than MtG cards.

>undying dragon
due to commander, life totals are not specified anymore and are instead referenced relative to the starting life total.

How flavorful is my Urza?

Might be a little underwhelming.
6 mana for a planeswalker you can't even use immediately and vastly depends on you already having field advantage.
-5 for a 3/3 with conditional card draw is pretty weak
The tutor ability is okay given the rest of the card.

I'd swap the tutor and token abilities and drop him down to 5 mana, maybe put him at 3 loyalty so if you're topdecking after a wrath he won't be a completely dead card.

This can be pretty crazy with a Serum Visions or Opt imprinted on it.
Not too powerful, and every alternative ability I can think of like "whenever you cast an instant or sorcerer spell with cmc 5 or greater, copy ~~~" can also get pretty weird if you put a giant spell onto it like Sorin's vengeance.

The token ought to be legendary since you're going through the pain of giving it a proper name and sacrificing a planeswalker to make it, also white has some populate effects which would be easy to abuse on it.

Can be pretty disappointing for a mythic. It might be fun to make a meme deck where fill your deck with nothing but cantrips and cmc 5+ greater cards with something like living death to finish them off, works especially well with delve cards since they already have incredibly high costs.

I've never been a fan of basic yet powerful cards.
There's a lot of decks that'd kill for a rampant growth each turn and that -2 is some great utility to keep her relevant in the late game without needing to use her ultimate.
Maybe raising her CMC and starting loyalty by 1 and making the -5 into a -6, or lowering her CMC and and starting loyalty while making the the -2 into a -3.

The last ability is a bit wordy even though all it's doing is preventing you from drawing off opponents when they're drawing on someone else's turn.
Past that, the card's power is fine as it is.

>Can be pretty disappointing for a mythic. It might be fun to make a meme deck
I mean they asked for jank rares. I was actually afraid it'd be too easy to pull off.

Not them but I didn't notice the Virrabel token wasn't legendary or I'd have recommended it.

I don't know enough about Urza to judge flavor but I feel like if you're encompassing his character as a whole, hes gotta have some black. The second ability feels appropriately WB (and not particularly Jeskai).

>The second ability feels appropriately WB
I can see where you're coming from but I was hoping to get away with it.
I don't want to be the "exceptions make the rule" type of guy, but there are a good number of cases where white and red have sacrifice effects to remove permanents, typically sacrificing enchantments for white and artifacts and lands for red, and who could forget our iconic friend Balance. Blue has a handful as well but that's typically for bounce effects or countering.

Flavorwise, Urza can be considered black due to the really sketchy shit he did in order to combat Phyrexia, but he was hardly proficient in black mana.
If anything, I could possibly cut the white, but I thought the order/balance theme would put the finishing touches on his first two abilities.

Besides color issues do you have any notes on the card itself.
I don't typically bother making Planeswalkers since the majority of them end up feeling like wonky enchantments but I really like the feel to this one.
Was thinking that I should add a nontoken clause to his second ability, wasn't sure if that would make or break him though.

I was looking forward to ESL at first, but after playing it and realizing it was just Hearthstone with lanes, I immediately quit and never looked back.

>Mighty Ally
Incredibly swingy, and the +3/+0 and Trample should really only last until the end of the turn. MTG doesn't really do permanent changes like this anymore. Also, remember that in ESL, they can do a lot of things differently because everything's handled digitally.

>Leaflurker
This is Black.

>Craglorn Scavenger
I think I'd make this rare and only make it buff by +1/+1, since all you need to do is find an enchantment with a cheap trigger to start wrecking face.

>Gravesinger
Debtor's Knell is 7 CMC W/B hybrid that returns any any creature card from any graveyard to the battlefield under your control. This only chooses cards in your graveyard, you have no real choice over what gets chosen, and the recursion is only temporary. I think you could go as far as cutting that generic cost in half.

>Supreme Atromancer
"it creates"? No, you create the tokens. And you don't capitalize keywords unless they come at the beginning of a sentence. Moving on, it isn't Blue, and just by entering the battlefield it creates two 5/3 Tramplers and deals 6 damage to an opponent. Crazy. I think you would be better off doing something like Omnath.

>Alduin
You really need to update your templates. Wording for the first ability should be
>~ costs 2 less to cast for each Dragon creature card in your graveyard.
Third ability should be
>At the beginning of your upkeep, return Dragon creature card at random from your graveyard to the battlefield.
Overall seems very meh. Dragon interaction seems cool though, I say focus on that.

1/2

Is Hexproof too much?

>Stampede Sentinel
"this creature's controller"? Just say "you". Ability isn't Red at all. Oh, and while I'm here, one thing I learned very quickly when designing the CO cards was that you have to separate flavor from mechanics and let the mechanics designate the color. Otherwise you end up with colorbending clusterfucks.

>Murkwater Butcher
Very swingy, shouldn't be common.

>Stealer of Secrets
Ward doesn't really work that well in Magic. And you either need to make the +X/+X buff temporary to just use +1/+1 counters.

>Archein Venomtongue
>Whenever a creature dealt combat damage by ~ this turn dies, search your library [...]
Actually a somewhat interesting ability. Still not really common though.

>Tazkad the Packmaster
Pretty meh. Doesn't really feel mythic. Also, "create" not "put onto the battlefield".

>Undying Dragon
Ability should be something like
>As long as your life total is greater than your starting life total, [...]
Seems OK I think. But no Flying?

2/2

Problem is white explicitly is disallowed from killing sny non land permanant amd combining it with red doesn't close the gaps. On top of that, "destroy target (nonland) permanant" is such an iconically WB and GB ability in my opinion.

The design itself seems fine to me. The first ability feels like it just wants to be show and tell without flavor context. I grt thst you probably didn't want it to be as much a double edged thing but eh. If there's a flavor thing, why not make it give the opponent an emblem each time you use it?

Is this better?

I wanted a powerful ability that also benefited your opponents without it exactly being another Show and Tell ability.
And the cheaper spells for your opponent can be just as double edged if not even more so for your opponent, since there's a good chance that'll let them use whatever removal they have in hand to get rid of either Urza and/or the card you just cheated in while still being able to a few more things that turn.

This occurred to me that the play sequence of drop Urza on 3 or 4 bounce 2 creatures (probably their whole board unless you went second) then plus forever is a little strong with a literal game winning ult. I do think he gains a lot of loyalty for a hired gun but I dont think reducing that helps since the minus will often board clear even on 3 or 4, and bring like a 1 or 2 loyalty 4 mana walker seems kinda lame. Of course opponent could just burn him too so maybe its not too powerful. I really dont know.

If I change the second ability to a minus and give him 4 starting loyalty it should be fine.
Also added an "Exile Urza, Planeswalker" to his ult for the fuck of it.

Shit, I realize what you're saying now.
The planewalkers they've pushed out have really varied, but there's a decent number of them that will win you the game if they go unanswered.
Urza's first two abilities have heavy enough drawback that it makes him a risky play in nearly every scenario.
The fact that you're sacrificing permanents to bounce theirs can put you behind if they just blow him up the next turn.

Oh shit i thought it WAS a minus. I think itd still an issue even as a minus. You're also in quality chump removal to control the board to make sure his minus can clear what left. And without haste or burn and getting +5 a turn he pretty much can plus unchallenged if he lives the initial turn.

The problem compared to other walkers is his plus is a plus 5 which is much tougher hill to climb than +1 or even 2, especially since he can clear the board of threats by himself the turn he comes down. Sacrificing lands isn't that huge because you can drop permanents without them, but it is a huge risk if he does get burned out bt a bolt or whatever. I also think his plus being so big and scaling with his minus is probably wrong even with sacs. I like strong cards though so I dont mind if it is. I just can't tell if it's over the line.

Page 10 bump.

Shit. Obviously the B option should have "until end of turn."

Very cool idea. The converge type thing is an interesting way to do this. White feels a little lame but i guess its more powerful when you could've killing a thing and drawn a card too. Thinking like that it almost feels too powerful. Its like a shard/wedge charm except you get all the modes.

Common gold cycles are hard. This should probably be a looser cycle too but surprisingly even with the constraints the flavor is all correct. I need common gold and i do want them all to be creatures. And I'm sure I remade something.

Card ported over from Netrunner, more or less. Wondering how viable it would be in Magic. With the way Netrunner operates, it's nearly useless.

Haste pretty much always goes last. As for the cycle, I think Wizards has it down when they make a cycle of uncommon gold cards to represent and support draft acrchetypes.

Multicolor matters sets usually have some gold at common. They're not necessarily for draft archetypes. Just flavor + theme signalling.

I'm probably misunderstanding something here but it seems mighty useless here too.

Of course, I forgot to add the actual fucking ability.

Where can I find a card template like this? The one linked in the OP is just an upscaled version of the outdated template for MSE.