Jumpchain CYOA Thread #1753: Clash of the Titans Edition

>Google Drive
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1qb0_OLhDrDSmZpRWdZaGZRcWs?tid=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&authuser=0

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=#JumpchainCYOA
kiwiirc.com/client/ircrizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

Why is there a jump for just season one of Killjoys? There are two other seasons and not enough of a time skip for there to be separate jumps for them. Also the structure is weird, really weird.

Her build already includes HSDW words though, and nothing indicates that it's a replacement. Just take both?

The golden fleece does summon a dragon, bu apparently it's not a very strong one. And she apparently doesn't actually know HOW. Fgo at least lets her use it's healing powers, even if it's other function is, well, non functional.

I'll ignore the golden fleece for now.

So does anyone else have a problem where even if they could replicate an ability/item or whatever they cannot help but want to buy it anyway for some reason?

Some things I like fiat-backed, and some things I just like. So yes, all the time.

If you're at the point where you can replicate any item/ability that you want, you're probably strong enough to blow some points on stuff now and then.

What are the best companion options for waifus?

Gaea from Evo Search for Eden.
Jibril from NGNL.

The best waifu are the ones who waifu YOU.

If you're asking for help, I can try my best.

Honestly forgot I left that in there and I'm real embarrassed right now. Basically making monsters is one of the most things for me, I do it pretty much every chain, and I feel really responsible for those things in those chains. It's the big reason I designed my RM this way. I also have deep insecurities and kinda just used to let people walk on over me, but when I feel like I can do more and be bolder when I'm sticking up for someone else.

So, the monsters I love and feel responsible for (since I made them) have these mentalities designed to pull at me in just the right way to make me want to play the hero even if they're just temporary manifestations. They make me feel like I'm needed and strong in those adrenaline packed moments while also providing support both combat and mentally. That was the intent at the time of design anyways.

Focusing on DS1 before DS2 stuff. DS1 Items are done now. I might try to do some companion stuff in a bit.

Exalted Mortals has a pile of waifu options as drawbacks.

>companion stuff
You mean we are getting more OCs? I am going to run out of CP just spending on them aren't I? Keep up the good work NuBee, on a side note if you were a bee what would your colors bee, like a normal one or what?

Pokemon into Mystery Dungeon. Guaranteed to like you, and it's technically not bestiality if you're both pokemon! Though, it's more fun if only one of you is

Of course, you're not alone in this.

On another note, I'm about to REDO my Killing Bites build. Does anyone have any suggestions for the "otherworldly genes" perk? The one where you can use DNA from a beast from another jump?

Yeah, the full lineup from the WIP from last time, plus a few others from suggestions and the old Jump.

Plenty of jumps have an "experience in your choice of one real-world style of martial arts" perks, but what are some good choices, and why?

W-what? Sorry. Can't hear you. Too busy being drowned in dogoos!

How big is the Chordata phylum, does the beast have to be non-sapient, and if the beast had an ability to morph into a much larger form would you acquire that?

Just reposting so as to get some more ideas. Looking for drawback ideas and the Earth Spirit 400 CP Item, if anyone has any suggestions.

Stupid question, if we had Idha Etu as a god could we summon a god ourselves? The idea amuses me.

>I have answered your summons, now where >is the cutie?
>HA! There never was a cutie it was me your >fellow god all along.

Fish, Amphibians, Reptiles, Birds, and Mammals. As far as I know. Not sure about the sapience or the morph ability. It doesn't specify in jump.

Not within the jump. The curse was actively lain by Vishnu to equalize things between gods and Suras, so they specifically have to be summoned by a human.

If it's"merely" giving you experience in real-world styles of martial arts, it's probably best to just learn it yourself. You should definitely look at modern military styles for something that's still used today. That said, there aren't really any objectively best martial arts, at least not any that apply to every combat situation.

Because I know no one else knows what it is, and because my brain never seems to want to work on what I tell it to, I'm claiming Diaries of a Spaceport Janitor. It will be a Gauntlet.

No, I'm not dropping anything I'm currently working on. I've almost finished the Items on Divinity: Original Sin Though I'm really regretting my flufftastic approach to Magic and I'm considering slicing it all out for a more mechanical approach to things. It would speed things along IMMENSELY, but it /would/ cut a lot of the flavor out of the Jump. and I'm still intending to work on Pyre.
But I am going to have to replay the game to get the tone right for certain parts once I begin it in earnest.

Yo Valalala, on that stuff you said some time ago about what it takes to activate a RM as part of your body. Could Innocent Monster A, or a Legend of Dracula ripoff, make you close enough to a Dead Apostle in nature to do it?

Incidentally, could you buy Innocent Monster multiple times to represent having different distortions affecting you, if you (as an example) wanted to gain both the traits of a dragon and a vampire, or would you need to split the actual effects between whatever Rank you're purchasing it at?

Hanz Christian Andersen, one of the people with Innocent Monster, had multiple small things affected by it (his appearance as a child, burn scars, fish scales and some other stuff based on his stories). So it'd probably be all in one instead of multiple instances, since I don't think that's really a thing with Skills.

Well in the uploaded Kubera jump there are beings known as Sura, a Nastika known as Ananta can change into his Sura form which outsizes galaxies. Otherwise he is mostly in human form so he should fit, up to you if you get the his Sura form I guess then.

Ah that is too bad then, oh well. Is there a note anywhere that says our Names are not bound to the end of the universe in the jump? I cannot remember if it happens for everybody or just the Gods.

That happens to everyone except the Primordial Gods. Although I question why, exactly, you find this to be a concern?

I mean we are Jumper, infinite and unbound by anything! It just bugs me a bit on whether Vishnu meant we would just drop dead or we wouldn't survive the end of the universe.

Okay, first scenario for Grand Order, today's one is done. I'll be posting them in a separate PDF until the end for now.

First up? The Battle of Screen Time! Featuring Nobunaga, Chacha, Okita Souji, Hijikata and a few hundred Shinsengumi fighters against 40,000 Nobu Clones, Ushiwakamaru, Benkei and Fuuma Koutarou.

Next scenario will probably cover most of the other Japanese Servants, or at least the Oni and Oni related ones.

Huh. That is weird then.

No, I don't think that'd be enough, sorry.

No, just once.

Started watching Killjoys and a lot of cool things in the setting are missing from the jump, also some of the perks are redundant.

And a fair few of the perks are unbalanced with each other, given they're all meant to be 200 but some are clearly better or worse than others.

Ah, fair enough. No, you're fine, you aren't as bound to your Name as the locals are.

Rate my idea for a Reality Marble

Name: Illustrious World Disillusionment

Rational: All of reality is a falsehood, a dream with only the pretense of causality or continuity, a vague and feverish mirage of true logical order. How else can the faults in the world's structure be reconciled with the sheer purity of reason?
When forced to recognize the absurdity of my situation and align that with my own understanding and worldview, I broke down, and was forced to the conclusion that consistency and the conceits thereof is entirely optional for the universe.
Wheresoever the light of logic and reasoning shine, they shall forever cast a shadow, the mere impression of a truth for its absence...

Effect(Tentative): Within Illustrious World Disillusionment, reality breaks down into narrative causality; things gradually become less as they are and take on the properties that they 'should have' in accordance to how they are treated. This not only applies to objects, but events by measure of their 'relevance' and even skills, effectively increasing or decreasing the rank of abilities used depending on how they're represented.

Some questions about psionics in the Chain.

>Psychic resistances seem a lot rarer on their own than psychic powers, but also get lumped in with magic immunities a lot. Any idea why?
>Are there any 'psychic boosters' the way there are magic boosters?
>Is there a way to make my psychic attacks count as 'holy?'

I do not know if I could stand 40k of those as a companion, I would probably go on a killing spree.
I thought Ushiwakamaru was a she?

Thanks for the scenario Val.

If you take Natural Genius, can you still use the Ancestor whose ability you chose for the Varied Interpretations drawback, or do you count as having had none?

Eh, that makes sense to me. Main reason I bothered asking is because Chacha has her own separate version of Innocent Monster, like how Mana Burst's ballooned into having all these subtypes and alternate versions over the years... although there's no info I could find on what it does outside of gameplay.

Aaaaaand there's one way to turn my frown upside down. Thanks for the answers and the scenario, Val.

Would a bump to EX on one of the two be enough, or am I better off just not even trying to become enough of a horrible monster for it through Servant stuff?

...I probably accidentally used he for Ushi didn't I? Ah well, easy to correct.

Will all or the majority of the Scenarios have Companions as the only rewards?

Is their any possibility that instead of taking on those Servant(s) as Companions, I could have them bond with pre-existing Companions like Demi-Servants?

So as someone who hasn't seen much of Overlord, how strong are level 100 Players in the context of other universes? They're practically gods in Yggdrasil but how would they compare to Servants and the like?

You can still use that Ancestor.

I'd say EX would be enough but you'd need to keep it constantly on and it would come with the weaknesses of being a DA.

>Ushiwakamaru will ask if he
> Benkei happily stands beside him

Twice as far as I can see. Yeah easy enough to fix, thanks again.

Most of them will be companions, yes.

No, sorry.

In some worlds psychic powers are just a different version of magical powers, so they tend to get lumped together.

There's a few but there generally limited to the Jumps where psionics are the focus of the world. Like Psychonaughts.

Not that I can think of off the top of my head but I'm sure there has to be one somewhere.

Psychonauts has Five Pounds of Dreams which uncaps psionic abilities along with psychic resistance and helping you pick up new ones really fast iirc. F.E.A.R I think has a psychic booster too. I have no idea how to make them count as holy.

I think they'd be on par or maybe even above average with base biggatons/physical stats, but Fate/ beats them out on 'conceptual' stuff.
Because that's what Fate/ does.

Uh, they usually aren't? And when then do, it's usually because they use the same source/are literally using magic (which can do many things) to perform the classic psychic abilities.

There are, yes, but they're much rarer. Watchmen, Mob Psycho 100, and Tyranids have a couple each.

Not that I'm aware of, no.

So I'm looking over the various Jumps to see what I feel would make a decent story. What would be balanced over the long term, what could make for decent gags later, etc.

While I was trying to explain how a Warrior Bunny somehow became a Japanese citizen and part of the JSDF as part of my GATE jump, I grew curious.

Does anyone else take the time to model their character's background to their liking? Or do you just stick with the cookie-cutter origins?

Thanks so far! I'll have to go looking for the last thing, then. If I'm going to buy Sollux's eye beams in SBURB, I should at least have a LASER EYE BEAM duel with Aku afterwards. It's just something I feel obligated to do.

alpha centauri has some good perks that boost psychic powers.

>She’ll even give you the option of choosing what sort of Nobunaga she manifests as
There is more than one Nobu?

If you feel like drudging through it, there's probably a Prestige Class in 3.5 D&D that allows you to blend Divine and Psionic magic.

Alright thanks.

Two more questions, does transcendental affinity translate to divine/fiendish affinity after the jump to be able to power up or even use the spells here? Also when Idha Etu says being able to summon things normally not found within the world does it mean that which might have been banished or imaginary beings?

Of course. Guitar Nobu at the Beach or normal Nobu. Maybe some others?

>Fate/ beats them out on 'conceptual' stuff.
Eh, that's fairly arguable barring Fate/ GO.

Hey Val, does that One Hundred Times My Own Power perk from the previous thread work on debuffs and other condition-inflicting abilities?

>Affinities
No, it's quite explicitly different.

>Idha Etu
Er. I meant more like if the world you show up in doesn't normally have a god of fire, the perk would make it so a god of fire now exists and can be summoned.

Ah, thank you. Are you referring to both being good enough at EX, or only the Noble Phantasm? Just worried about miscommunication since I'm not sure you can actually turn Innocent Monster off in the first place.

desu I kinda assumed the narration using both male and female pronouns for Ushi was you being cheeky.

>make it so a god of fire now exists and can be summoned.
Wow I completely missed the mark there.

>Affinities
Then how are we able to cast any spells if we are a Astika post-jump? Are the need to have any affinity to cast them gone?

Is there any reason we can't take the scenario with the different versions of jumpers with event scenarios? Like if we want to take any of the event scenarios we can't take the jumper scenario too?

Drawbacks
You have to grant someone a wish you find repulsive.

Your favorite drink now gets you completely shitfaced after a single sip.

War breaks out between heaven and hell, and humanity is caught in the crossfire. You have to put an end to it.

Ragnarok.

I always liked Maharu from Girls Bravo. A red head that wont take no for an answer when looking for her man. And she comes from a planet with very few men and is highly aggressive when trying to get married. Sadly we don't have a jump for this setting yet. :(

Astika don't cast spells, they use their Divine Affinities to create the Transcendent Skill directly. A spell is just what happens when a mortal goes, "Hey, god of [Whatever], create this effect for me, would you?" and then they borrow the ability to access the Transcendent Skill in question.

This is, btw, why the incantations are basically, "I'm invoking [god]" and "Pay attention [god]!"

What about
"Hey god, hold my beer" ?

I mean. If you want that to be the incantation for when Magicians invoke you, that's what Hoti Jumper is for.

Mhm, long as it's just something that can hit you and not something that must hit you.

Innocent Monster

You can, you just can't take non event scenarios with each other. You can have the clone jumper stuff with as many events as you like.

I know Astika do not cast spells.
I was talking about post-jump though since I am an Astika of Creation and have no affinity aside from transcendental, since I wanted to mess around with Hoti spells but to even cast them I would need to have atleast some divine affinity right? Considering Asha had to become a scholar since they not have enough.

Ah. Yeah, if you want to cast spells from other gods, you'll have to have a high Divine Affinity as well, yes.

Ah yeah these look good.

>War breaks out between heaven and hell, and humanity is caught in the crossfire. You have to put an end to it.
>Ragnarok.
Firstly, I believe this is, in AMG, one in the same things. Secondly, dealing with that would be mind mindbogglingly hard.

Ah, I was hoping that dependency would be gone post-jump, I need to dip into drawbacks even more now. Oh well, thanks for answering my stupid questions user Heart.

Would it protect Kiki Shikizaki from Sento Tsurugi should it be brought to bear against him otherwise under the circumstances of series, or would it need to have been stolen at some point?

Hello it's me again.

Deciding Jumper's challenge is going to be a multi-jump / step process. Step 1 is gathering the entirety of the Holy Corpse in JoJo Part 7. But I don't feel like that's quite enough.

What jumps, /jc/, do you think would add to a challenge involving "Hey you, resurrect your 900-jump-old dad. Also I'm going to be throwing an ungodly number of enemies at you every step of the way."

Well, I don't know why you're asking about Kiki having the perk but no, it's not going to protect you against items you've made. Those aren't your powers.

So it would need to have been stolen at some point for it to work, in the case of items?

If you take an origin besides Mr/Mrs Protag in FGO, does that mean Fujimaru and Mashu will still exist as the "protagonists" of that world?

What does the Enchant skill actually do? The description of it in the supplement is kind of a mess.

Do we have any creation loyalty perks?

I know we have these.

Evo Search for Eden has Shaper's Authority.
Beast of Love from Fate Grand Order.
I AM YOUR CREATOR from Zombies Ate My Neighbors.

Oh, right, the perk includes items. My bad.

Yeah, it'd need to be taken from you first.

Yes.

Yeah, it's not very clear is it? I imagine it's about enchanting items.

With the new A Practical Guide To Evil chapter out I have only one thing to say, I want to waifu the Queen of Summer so hard. She's friggin adorable, even though she is also basically a walking WMD of fire.

Oh yeah I also find it hilarious how there is always talk about a given troop being "the finest in all of Calernia" First it was the Legion, then it was those Free city horseman, then the dwarfs, who are in dire need of some slice of humble pie, and then it went to the Callow Knights, and finally also the Watch. Next there going to loop around to the Elves and whatever the hell the Dead King can cook up.

Can't these guys just accept that there is no flat out superior force of soldiers, that each different group has there own merits. The Legions are the most versatile, the Knights are the best against mages, and the Watch are pretty good but also expensive as hell to produce.

That being said though I need to think of a counter for the Legions, given that I'm going full hero in jump.

Were you planning on doing scenarios involving the Epic of Remnant?

Well, involving characters from there, yes. I think I'll keep just using characters and making semi OC scenarios, using Events as inspiration rather then direct use.

Musashi is already tentatively involved in one with Proto Arthur but I need to gather some more fitting characters.

Nobody cares, user.

Unless you intend on sharing that writefaggotry, which I HIGHLY doubt.

I was slightly disappointed the Nobunaga scenario wasn't about taking over japan and making history go the way it should have. Then again we probably wouldn't have had so many options if it was just that so this scenario is pretty great.

>I need to think of a counter for the Legions, given that I'm going full hero in jump.
Horse Archers. The Legions are very similar to the Roman Legions, and would likely fall to similar tactics the Roman Legions did.

>Reborn Homeworks
>provided they're not killed
If, for whatever reason, they are... is there any way to start a new population back up, or will it forever be left uninhabited?

>the Dwarfs

The Dwarfs in A Practical Guide to Evil are shits, they are even worse then the Elves who at least keep to themselves in their woods, even if they do kill everyone who comes there way. The Dwarfs literally loot everything when they are on the surface and send ambassadors who steal shit from royalty and who then threatens to destroy whatever kingdom there in if the the nation complains about their munchkin ways. They also kill everyone who tries to mine underneath their territory because "all the Underground belongs to the dorfs"

However the Gnomes are the real gigantic assholes in the setting with their whole destroy any advancing technological civilization. If it was weapons I'd understand but they threatened the genocide the Goblins for developing FARMING technology.

What I'm getting at is that the Good Races other than humans suck, and then the humans suck as well.

I kinda want to suggest Kamen Rider Ryuki, but that's more of an interlude instead of something that'd advance the metaplot. Gauntlet has plenty of mechanical support for why all these OCP bozos are attacking you though.

...Lovecraft? I'm sure Jumper's dad was close enough to the type of thing that worries about the stars being right when waking up in the morning by the time he died.

And what partner did you pick?

>Firstly, I believe this is, in AMG, one in the same things.
Been a few years since I've read/watched the series. I mixed up Peorth and Lind just a few days ago too.
>that would be mind mindbogglingly hard.
I was figuring it would be a high CP one. 4-600, maybe. While the wish one would be variable depending on difficulty and how unsavory it is.

Invader Zim has "A.I. Friend" that makes pretty much all artificial intelligences tolerate your presence, at the very least. Most of them will default to 'Like'.

How do the high tiers of Saint Seiya compare to servants in fate?

Lance, my Arcanine! Though i should've suspected he had a crush on me since he was always humping my leg...oh well, at least he's got something better to hump now~

Okay, thanks. Just curious, but do whoever has Newton and Schrodinger permanently reside in whatever inhuman forms they have, or are they "normal" outside of their transformed state?

I was betting it was you KnotAnon.

When he asked you that question one word kept reverberating inside my head 'knot' even before you answered I somehow knew it was you.

Maybe like you to a bacterium cell? Honestly, that's probably way too generous, with the exception of maybe one or two Servants under very unique circumstances.

You could say he using his "lance".

... I'm not apologizing.

Madman. I cannot condom your actions. But I'm glad you're having fun I guess.