Anyone play Arkham Horror LCG?

Never seen any threads of it here on Veeky Forums. What does Veeky Forums think of FFGs more recent cooperative LCG?

If so, tell me what you expect out of this new cycle.

It's very fun. And difficult.

That it is. Especially pulling the Tentacle at the most critical time.

Ugh. So far me and a friend have made it partway through dunwich without failing, saving both professors. But it was really difficult. I don't see us keeping it up.

Sadly I was not so lucky.

Blood on the Altar got no resolution so I was only able to save Armitage and Francis Morgan.

That said, how fucked am I going into the last three scenarios of Dunwich?

Not sure, I haven't completed dunwich yet, though I'm sure it gets tougher. Hopefully the cards we added to our decks between missions will help a lot. But even being difficult, I'm finding the game rather fun.

Kind of curious but what do you have exactly in your collection?

Wish I could tell you. My friend owns the game and we haven't played in awhile.

Fair enough.

As a side-note, I did think about making a custom campaign based around Resident Evil: Outbreak. Though it would be working on the scenarios as standalones for now.

Dude, that would be fantastic.

>1-2 players

Can it be played solo? I wonder if it's on Tabletop simulator.

how do you manage to get through the last act of the core (ghoul) scenario? Ive tried it with a friend and got royally fucked the first 2 times and the last time we were still quite far away from winning.

luck

I was a little puzzled there for a minute as I read your reply as "fuck" and not luck. Made me laugh but then I became sad. Isnt there any strategy/tactic on the last act to get through without everyone dying?

It is indeed playable solo. It even has a mechanic where you have to admit to cheating and the game will alter slightly for it. A bad token gets added to your draw bag. No idea about tabletop simulator though.

Prepare ahead of time with weapons and the like, but also getting through the acts as quickly as you can. Also a bit of luck as everyone mentioned.

Try to save some cards to toss towards the skill tests to mitigate the bag. Getting crazy lady at the end helps with putting out damage but if you can't get her just focus on getting the priest killed.

Yes it can be played solo. Though a good amount of the coreset investigators may not lend themselves to solo-play too well.

Try to keep things clear so the final act doesn't speed past too much, but don't bite off more than you know you can chew. Certain spawns (you know which ones) are a bit much if you don't have a dedicated monster slayer on your team, so if you are without such then it is okay to save your efforts for the ghoul priest.

This sounds pretty spiffy if done right. I've chewed through everyone out atm (some of it twice or more), so I need something to tide me over.

Whatcha got figured out so far?

I'm missing a copy of Where Doom Awaits, which is keeping me from completing the Dunwich Legacy cycle.
But yes, it's very fun. And difficult. I have yet to defeat the Devourer Below. The card pool is still small, but very diverse, which is good for me, because I spend a LOT of time just coming up with gimmicky decks.

Only some of the core 'gators aren't really capable of solo. All the Dunwich 'gators are solo'able to various degrees. Not sure about Carcosa's gators yet as I have yet to finish my Dunwich campaign.

miss me with that gay shit, nigga