Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

Secret new thread edition
last >GW FAQ (1.1):
games-workshop.com/en-US/Rules-Errata

>FW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/15/new-and-updated-forge-world-faqs-july16gw-homepage-post-2/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Thanks Chart-user!)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

>Death Guard codex (thank you Vladimir)
>Epub
mega.nz/#!9hkg0LgL!_Y53qiTD0VDA641V4NBQtnZ8hTGLA_VE-CkTPh9YQzE
>PDF
mega.nz/#!p0tzAIya!DEVmw60_jOLXCdvWqoKBDx8_BW-wxbV6KD4CpB5WbvY

First for Nids

You've all heard of elf on the shelf, but are you all ready for this?!

Ha

this meme is fucking gay

my dudes > your dudes

Fly on a guy? I don't understand

reminder that even nids cannot stop da orks

Mortarian on a Librarian, bro.

Doesn't rhyme, fake and gay, also fuck off, user.

Blood Angels power fists are 12 points.

...what. Yes it does. Mort-tarian, Lib-rarian.

But their dreadnoughts are 87 points.

This user's was better.

That may be so. Aint my meme.

Incorrect, those are only Dreadnoughts with GREY KNIGHTS because they are psykers with a different datasheet and keyword.

Nope, now they're 20 points apparently.

but in the updated points listing, Dreadnought is 87

According to what publication?

>deluded xenosfag crooning about being in a top 5 when he didn't even make top 3
>spots 1 and 2 taken by chaos
Ha ha, whatever helps you feel relevant, NPC race.

Oversight that they didn't include 'Grey Knights'.

Just like it was an oversight that they forgot to list Daemon Prince with Wings for Death Guard. Or are you going to argue that DG DPs get their wings free and it won't be FAQ'd?

Not if you're British, and GW are, so Morty's name isn't meant to be said that way.

Well apparently the costs are determined by the latest publication and since the latest codex is AdMech where power fists cost 20 points, now all power fists are 20 points.

Its MortariOn you fucking mongrel.

Funny it hasn't been errata'd in the past month, even when they put one out for GK already...........

>Tyranids got 4th just for existing
>showed up literally yesterday compared to how long ago Horus Heresy was
>that paragraph in their listing explicitly states they have the power to beat Chaos and are a threat to the entire Universe, not just this Galaxy like Chaos
Lol, stay cucked

How else would you even say Mortarian?

>and since the latest codex is AdMech where power fists cost 20 points
If you have scans of the AdMech Codex please share. Or are you just making shit up?

They only FAQ things that people ask about. It hasn't been a relevant oversight because everyone understood what they meant.

Mor-TAR-ion
Lie-bRARE-ian

t. britbong

Sorry, I tend only to care about the undicided daemon primarchs. Though Magnus aint bad.

Wait, I thought that chaos was strong against the nids? How do the nids beat chaos?

Tahr and Rare don't rhyme you idiot.

Brits are fucking weird. Need to come back to speak proper english.

There's reviews of the AdMech codex up on youtube that have been there for days that go over every single change. None of them mention any change in cost for power fists.

Tare and rare absolutely do.

>Already annihilated a dozen galaxies
>Chaos can't manage one
How's being the universe's punching bag treating you?

>Wait, I thought that chaos was strong against the nids?
Why would you think this.

Tyranids don't feed Chaos and have the Shadow in the Warp which is a mobile FUCKYOU field to Daemons.

I thought that they couldn't enter the warp

i wanna start playing 40k and cant decide between orks and space marines , any input?

Surely Winters couldn't have omitted a minor change to a single piece of wargear only found on one model in the Codex, he always tells us the exact changes to everything and get all of it correct and never leaves out a speck of information!!

Or, even better:
Surely GW couldn't have phoned in the AdMech Codex and forget to change the power fist value from the index (because it's not like they've needed to errata every single Codex released so far with missing or wrong points values or rules text right?) and surely you won't be irrefutably proven to suck huge cocks when the errata comes out and says "Power Fist - 12 points".

Marines are easier to paint and easier for a beginner to play.

In old lore, they did. Now they don't because they retconned them to have a new version of FTL which doesn't need the warp. Occasionally they get caught in Warp storms anyways though and get spat out somewhere else. It doesn't really matter. They still BTFO Chaos overall.

>everything that doesn't support my argument is a typo, oversight or both
Your levels of self-delusion are outstanding.

They're immune to corruption because they have no souls, the Shadow in the Warp suppresses daemonic power, and their numbers are so impossibly vast as to be effectively infinite while growing each and every day. Moreover they're perfectly unified and relentlessly strategic.

Even in their own codex the Death Guard can't do any better than slow them down a bit with surgical strikes and get into a poison contest that annihilates their entire force while the Tyranids lose a measly one ship.

>power fists are 12ppm
>chainfists are 22

Even if it did, costs are still based on faction, not universal. IG still have to pay 20, and 1 for bolters.

The fact that literally every book in 8th edition has had typos definitely makes your argument look real solid.

Oh wait.

>perfectly unified
yeah except when one hive fleet decides to up and attack another one

nice ill start there then , ty

Orks are plenty easy to play and paint numbnuts
we dont need more space marine players

None of the codex erratas have changed point values.

That's purely beneficial for them and bad for everyone else.

In fact this passage literally starts out by making fun of people who think that hurts Tyranids in any way for being short-sighted retards.

Every Tyranid agrees that the weak should fear the strong.

>>Tyranids got 4th just for existing

That's wrong. They are number four because of their invasion fleets that ravaged the Imperium.

WRONG.

Tyranids re not immune top corruption. Tyranids have been corrupted and enslaved by Chsos before.

For fuck sake, Tyranidfags are continuously posting sources that have Chaos as number 1. What a stupid bunch.

Only when the Hive Mind decides to deploy one against the other to test drive the latest adaptations. And when the loser, well, loses they just eaten and all the biomass gets recycled so actual costs are almost nil. It's all one gigantic organism, they don't fight unless the Hive Mind says to.

They've added in missing ones.

Also just because they haven't fucked up points specifically yet doesn't mean they didn't with AdMech.

Also this entire chain of discussion is based on some guy assuming power fists are 20 points in the AdMech codex because reasons.

>They still BTFO Chaos overall.

No, they don't. There are more examples of Tyranids getting rekt by Chaos than the other way around.

user, you're claiming typo ahead of the fucking book being released, you are preemptively trying to defend your assertion with "lol but gw are just incompetent!" before the assertion even needs to be made. I shouldn't need to explain how insecure that makes you look.

But how about we turn things around. How about you post some hard facts about this supposed streamlining of wargear points costs that you keep spouting about? Screenshots, videos, anything.

>with the power to overcome even chaos, the tyranids may well signal the end of all life
stay cucked chaosfag, sounds like even the roaches are much more credible of a threat than your sorry ass

>They are number four because of their invasion fleets that ravaged the Imperium.
It says "the coming of the Hive Fleets". Them just showing up was a top 5 catastrophe in all of 40k history. Get rekt.

>Tyranids re not immune top corruption.
Yes, actually, they are. There are no Chaos Tyranids.

>There are no Chaos Tyranids
There are no Chaos Eldar either, sure as fuck doesn't mean they're immune to the touch of Chaos.

Carnac has arrived.

Quick, someone redirect him into the wargear points autism discussion. Maybe they'll all annihilate each other.

Nids are ez as fuck to beat ingame, and you fellas are trying to convince me that they beat everyone else?

>Tyranids re not immune top corruption. Tyranids have been corrupted and enslaved by Chsos before.
There's literally nothing there to corrupt, no soul to poison and no emotions to feed on.

>It says "the coming of the Hive Fleets". Them just showing up was a top 5 catastrophe in all of 40k history. Get rekt.

The coming of the Hive Fleets as them entering the galaxy and eating everything in their way.

Also that's stupid as fuck. I can say that Chaos by just existing has caused more destruction to the setting than any faction.

>Yes, actually, they are. There are no Chaos Tyranids.

Except there are sources that have corrupted Tyranids. "Storm of Iron" and "Daemon World. They have Chaos enslaved Tyranids

Notice that there isn't a single confirmation. While Chaos has.

>There are no Chaos Eldar either
Actually there are, they're mentioned in the main rulebook and the Death Guard Codex. They just don't have models yet.

But there are no Chaos Nids mentioned anywhere. Even the rules in Gathering Storm to possess your Warlord and shit didn't let them add Daemon to certain models. They are utterly unfazed by Daemonic corruption/possession.

What are you still playing 7th edition? They have one of the strongest indexes, and their codex is said by the playtesters to be some absolutely insane shit coming up.

Fucking NECRONS AND PARIAHS got corrupted. You think the Tyranids are special, why?

Why do Tyranidfags continuously ignore the lore? They are most dishonest people I know.

>They have Chaos enslaved Tyranids
Enslaved and corrupted isn't the same thing retard. Just because you catch a feral Tyranid and slap some chains on it doesn't mean it's worshipping Chaos or being controlled by daemons. It's just a dumb animal in chains that will rip your throat out when it gets free.

Yes, they are. The iron Warriors corrupted a Hive Ship with the Obliterator virus and then dragged it to the Eye to begin its transformation. When it reemerged it was a biomech titan lander.

>Faithful subjects of interesting discussion understandably took heart to see Carnac strike at the heart of the autistic rules dispute infestation of /40kg/. With two implacable evils turning on one another, the thinking went, the forces of quality threads couldn't help but win. Unfortunately, Carnac would emerge from his victory in the autism contest more dangerous than ever.

What. Orks are a bitch to paint well. Don't lie to him.

Carnac getting his panties twisted into a bunch over nids being a scarier threat than his gay chaos crush is always the best, holy shit. Keep projecting about how they're the ones ignoring the lore and not you.

They'd be 20 for the AdMech. Not for anyone else.

WRONG AGAIN, doofus. The Tyranids were corrupted and enslaved. See my other post about the details. The Iron Warrior sorcerers spent some while breaching the mental barriers of the bioship until it was totally in Chaos's thrall.

That's like saying Chaos corrupted an asteroid because they hollowed it out and used it for storage space. A dead Hive Ship being used as a shipping container isn't a "Chaos Tyranid" lol. You're so fucking stupid.

That's wrong.

All 8th ED sources say that the Tyranids specifically are a lesser threat than Chaos. I own you bitch. You cannot beat meh!

>Why do Tyranidfags continuously ignore the lore? They are most dishonest people I know.

>Tyranids expressly have the explicit power to crush Chaos and annihilate all life in the universe
>"Chaos is unbeatable and unstoppable and the biggest threat to everything REEEE"
>"Dishonest"

>it msut have a model for it to be canon
There are also no Chaos Tau, yet Tau have been influenced by daemons and possessed as well in that one Farsight book. Very little completely resists Chaos, that's why those things that do (GK) are such special snowflakes.

>Actually there are

I really, really hope they aren't Mono-Slaanesh. In fact, I hope they are everything but Slaanesh.

WRONG AGAIN. The Ship is very much alive. That's like three times in a row with your squirming.

>yet Tau have been influenced by daemons and possessed as well in that one Farsight book

Daemons can also possess non-living objects, to I think it's a matter of Tau being not really worth the effort most of the time rather than true immunity.

>>"Chaos is unbeatable and unstoppable and the biggest threat to everything REEEE"

That's what the lore says. Saying otherwise just makes you wrong.

>>Tyranids expressly have the explicit power to crush Chaos and annihilate all life in the universe

Having the power doesn't mean they would and it certainly doesn't confirm that the Tyranids will win anything.

I'm shaking in my boots here, C-dawg.

Nice job on Konor by the way being the "real big bad" lol.

Remember that time Nids actually attacked Ultramar itself and almost won?

Rolled 6, 1 = 7 (2d6)

>it's another "tyranidfags bait carnac bait tyranidfags" episode
Christ
Rolling for Vortex of Doom to suck all these faggots into the Warp.

>hollowed out
>alive
Yeah, somehow I doubt you know what you're talking about.

I also like how you have to resort to some throwaway line mentioned in no detail in an old obscure black library book that is never brought up in any Codex or rulebook publication.

Christ you're pathetic Carnac. You give Chaos players like us a bad name...

I have a fluff question, can new space marine chapters only be successors of first founding chapters?

>Nice job on Konor by the way being the "real big bad" lol.

Konor is the opening salvo of the new Ultramar invasion, genius. And I have no idea why you are so obsessed with that quote. It makes no sense at all for me.

Anyways, why do you refuse to address that the Tyranids specially were said to be a lesser threat than Chaos? In their own novel no less.

Rolled 3, 1 = 4 (2d3)

Rolling D3 mortal wounds, first D3 is Carnac, second D3 is Nidfags

Rolled 3, 1 = 4 (2d6)

Assuming you're a GK detachment that's a pass. Rolling to deny just to fuck with you...

You know I'm tempted to make a Chaos warband that specifically says fuck the Long War since it's basically over let's kill some bugs/subhuman Orks/faggot elves. Thoughts?

Carnac, what do you think of the whole "Blood Angels powerfist" issue? If you can argue this I'll at least admit Be'lakor looks slightly cool, though I think he could have had better colors and stuff.

I'm not aware of any chapters in the lore spawning out of successor chapters.

Source. Last I checked nids don't have novels.

Prove it's dead.

And I like how you squirm like a bitch each time I prove you wrong.

>Storm of Iron
>Obscure
>canon source is not canon because I said so

Honsou's invasion was mentioned in GW studio sources anyways.

Anyho...the ship have mind have to be broken and corrupted. If the Iron Warriors wanted its structure only, they wouldn't have bothered with spending an unknown period of time breaking its mind. Admit your defeat.

They have plenty and it's the "Devastation of Baal".

>But the tyranid swarm numbers in the trillions, and they are not the only danger to the Chapter’s future. As the galaxy slides toward a terrifying new era, events far away threaten to unleash a greater evil. A further enemy must also be overcome, that of the Black Rage that lurks in the souls of all Sanguinius’s bloodline.

>novels where Tyranids get trashed or job harder than the Titanic are "Tyranid novels"

you funny guy
you real funny guy

>it's not canon because I said so!