This about right?

Pic related.

What's Planescape?

What's Spelljammer?

If I had to guess... maybe Top left

Ooooh... I'd say either bottom left or bottom right.

Not really. What is it you're trying to convey exactly?

Neither the setting themes or the players are distributed like that.

Planescape can't be defined by any single philosophy whether political or otherwise. It is a vortex of all poorly thought out philosophies taken to their extremes and spiraling infinitely.

Well sure they are. Ravenloft's domains are very authoritarian more often than not it is under the thumb of one Dark Lord.

FR can get a little weird some times sexually. I mean I read about how Elminster turned himself into a woman and then gave birth to his daughter and one of the early chapters for FR Campaign setting book talks about birth control. Not to mention #NotAllDrows

.../pol/scape?

Should also mention... Eberron firmly in the Authoritarian Left because they have international law regarding Warforged being people and not being allowed to make anymore. Also there is some race mixing in Eberron beyond half-elves and half orcs.

Now in FR, they have sex with literally everything. Angels, Demons, Fires, The wind itself, water, and a rock. Genasi and Planars.

This chart does not suggest the alignment of each setting. Rather, it suggests the alignment you should be when creating a character for the setting; the one that is most likely to net you rewards for having chosen it and which will fit in best with the overall tone of the setting.

Sounds about right.

I kinda question LE for Ravenloft though. Thing is, when you choose Good or Evil in RL you're pretty much inviting the Dark Powers to fuck with you somehow.

Yeah, but that can be fun as Hell. "Rewards" in this sense was meant to refer to the player, not the character.

Sometimes it's fun to play the bad guy.

Oh yeah it's always fun to play the bad guy. I just meant all the crazy curses you get and your character possibly being trapped in his own domain. For the player though, that is very rewarding.

>.../pol/scape

Why the fuck does Ravenloft logo look so much like Castlevania logo?

>Two gothic-horror-like settings filled to the brim with classic monsters, the most famous of which is the vampire that runs everything.
Hmm, can't see any similarities there. Must be a coincidence.

Jokes aside, while one setting is more focused on hitting that gothic tone while the other is only at the aesthetic level, the settings share quite a bit, and bold-but-fancy font has been a staple of gothic works for a while (check out your local used bookstore for cheap genre-fiction paperbacks that use basically the same font for the title).

It's not just the font, it's overall shape and texture that really bring out the similarity.

>Ravenloft
>Creating anything BUT good character
It's like you want to get fucked in the ass. Even in Curse of Strahd, a massively, massively toned down Ravenloft adventure, you get benefits for being good, and can lose your character easily if you play evil.

Yeah, Ravenloft is 200% set up for 'Ironic punishment of your sins'.

a bit derailing but how does mystara differs from fr or greyhawk? I know fr is more marry sue - good guys and greyhawk is more neutral less good/evil more unexplored lands etc. But I have no idea where mystara stands or what it is besides being an old setting and have civilizations in the center of the planet core.

>chaotic evil
>Dark Sun
It's like you don't even want to rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Yeah, I get a more chaotic neutral vibe from it?

But I WANT to be a Darklord.

The biggest difference is that Mystara is actually interesting, whereas Greyhawk is not. That's the other reason why Greyhawk is True Neutral - it has literally nothing to recommend it that doesn't exist in other, innately more interesting settings. It's basically a blander version of the Forgotten Realms, which is weird because it predates the Realms, or at least the published Realms.

I also want to be Lord Humungous.

>Lord Humungous.
>chaotic evil
He was neutral evil at worst and lawful evil at best, he was willing to offer surrender and end things peacefully the killing would only come if they refused.

>200%
Twice as much ironic punishment than your sins merit?

>But I WANT to be a Darklord.

No, you really really don't. No Darklord wants to be one, as the point of being a darklord is to be fucking miserable and never get what you want.

If not more!

> he was willing to offer surrender and end things peacefully the killing would only come if they refused

That doesn't necessarily mean that he's not Chaotic Evil. Chaotic Evil just means you do what you want to do, all the time, without considering the desires of others. Lord Humungous could have simply been in a merciful mood, or considering the resources he's already wasted and the resources he'd still need to waste (i.e., a lot of his stuff was already broken, how much more stuff is about to get broken?)

Chaotic Evil doesn't mean stupid.

Okay, that's on me. Let me rephrase: I want to play a CHARACTER who is becoming a Darklord.

>Okay, that's on me. Let me rephrase: I want to play a CHARACTER who is becoming a Darklord.

Oh, that's more reasonable. Yeah, I can see that.

>I want to play a CHARACTER who is becoming a Darklord.
What would be your fatal flaw, and what would be your greatest desire that Ravenloft would always withhold from you?

>Implying that Planescape isn't Enlightened Alt-Center

What is the alt-center? Completely disinterested?

That's regular centre.

Alt-center is the place where you find 3profound4U political positions that Don't Fit in the Traditional Political Spectrum (tm)

....So basically all the factions of Planescape.

> Most neutral location in existence.
> So opposed to preference that even nuclei lose their bonds within 100m of the center.

So it's plane for people with absolutely no strong preferences one way or the other.

Also, since magic does not work near the center, Planescape Torment be damned, I suppose you might call it the Plane of Martial Supremacy.

Dunno, haven't played a character in Ravenloft yet.