Is this real?

Is this real?

Other urls found in this thread:

duelmasters.wikia.com/wiki/Mega_Dragnai_Dragon
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Yes, it seems that WOTC has made three promotional cards as rewards to a series of teams in their different divisions. That one is for a team that worked in DnD 5e. They made a chandra planeswalker for the magic team that did the planeswalker decks, and some Duel Masters dragon for the Duel Masters division in Japan.

Only around 5 of each exist and they are giant-sized.

..that Chandra looks kinda cool. If gremlin was a supported tribe worth a damn it could be very fun.

This is the Duel Masters card. It uses the same art as the original card it's based on: duelmasters.wikia.com/wiki/Mega_Dragnai_Dragon

>genuinely good and playable cards
>wasted on promotionals

I'm a bit surprised they still remember the DM character

I hate how their not legendary.

>giant sized
That's shit. They should give the guys a regular-size copy to put on casual decks.

>they're

I would make an EDH deck with that. Likely wouldn't be much good but it would be fun.

where is Boy Next Door?

I want to play a deck entirely based around shit like this card.
100% loss prevention, and very little else.

>wouldn't be much good
Literally 5c goodstuff with a built-in panic button that ancestral recalls, prevents you from dying, and is a soup of evergreens.
If you don't bulldoze fucking everything on your path with it you're literally retarded.

What if you lost by drawing out? Checkmate.

They don't do dicerolls on regular cards, so no, Dungeon Master isn't a card they would actually print.
The Chandra is closer, but is silly and they'd have a third ability instead of flavor text. They should print a version that's exactly this but with a third ability
The last one is the only one that is like a normal card. Slap some normal art on it instead of DuelMasters art on it and they can even keep the same name (you know you want to see a hellkite acting like a dignified duelist)

>roll a d20

How's many of you fags are going to roll your life counter?

Huh. That's actually cool enough to be used. Why didn't they print this in the Ur-Dragon commander deck?

>-X Destroy target artifact with CMC X. Create X Gremlin Tokens.

Eh, I'd make it 'destroy artifacts with a total CMC of X or less' if it's an ult.

>Warrior and Rogue are most useful
>Cleric is low quality chump blocker
>Wizard is barely better
I don't think Wizards understands how parties work. Warrior should be 1/1 with menace or something, Rogue 3/1, Wizard 4/2 with first strike, and the Cleric 3/5 with lifelink and protection from Red and Black.

Chandra finally looks like an attractive adult.

Sword of DnD pls

As I understand it there's a giant-sized version of each of the three and the normal-sized version which were what was handed out (and have this non-stanard backs).

It's supposed to be fifth edition, user. Can't have OP spellcasters now, can we? Gotta balance it like a videogame.

They would lose the game on one of the draw trigger.

The card says "next time", so you'd prevent the loss from the first card draw, but you'd lose the game on the second draw.

The thing that kills me the most, as awesome as this card is, nothing about it lines up with the show other than summoning a party, and it doesn't even represent the actual party.

They just revealed three other crazy cards at Hasco.

A transformer, Sword of D&D, and a nerf gun related one.
This are probably all going into the new Unglued (joke) set.

So yeah it's an official non-magic card.

>Confining fun to the relegated fun zone box.

Anyone else remember bebbles or Goblin Games?

Only Sword of Dungeons and Dragons will be in Unstable. The rest are Hascon only

Wait...not having OP spellcasters makes something a video game?

Quality bait.

>they are giant-sized.
>first card is in a Ultra Pro sleeve with the seal

What did he mean by this?

All classes have to be equally efficient, user. If spellcasters can simply one-shot most low level enemies with one smite or fireball, how is the warrior and the rogue supposed to be relevant?

Too busy turning one of the generic filler cards they made into a butchered O-Kogachi

>d lose the game on one of the draw trigger.
This guy

They could probably get added to cockatrice

>Only two loyalty abilities.
It’s like staring into the depths of hell.

>just revealed
That was weeks ago. And only the Sword will be in Unstable. Real shame about Grimlock, since it was confirmed that DFC's would be buffed by his ability.

Nothing wrong with that. More Planeswalkers should get creative with the template.

Maybe it's not an ult.

What the fuck is this card design?

You can add anything to Cockatrice. I've played against a guy who designed his own Magic set.

It's so boring though. Two-ability walkers are like having walkers at uncommon, they're just boring and really not worthy of dealing with. At that point, they become glorified enchantments.

I'd be up for more 2-ability planeswalkers. How often do you even get an ultimate off with it matter in anyway?

It's the full-art frame.

yeah well what if i have doom blade
checkmate, atheists.

i thought they didn't do extremely limited promotional card releases anymore.
any idea on how much these are worth?

fuck i want the chandra and the dragon.

Yeah
Naw

>i thought they didn't do extremely limited promotional card releases anymore.
lol

god DAMN that's rad as fuck. Hopefully with the release of Ixilan and dinosaurs they'll realize that people fucking love crazy sweet timmy cards with over-the-top flavor and we'll get more stuff like this bitch

Those are holiday promos.
You can get those off Ebay.

I'm talking about the cards where they only make a few copies and give them to select people.

>like having walkers at uncommon,
I think there should be. I'd love to see them as non-mythics. They need to get creative with walkers because they feel incredibly stale.

>they become glorified enchantments
They already are. Planeswalkers are bland as fuck with how they follow this same boring template of costs and abilities.

How does making them more common help? What they need to do is stop repeating the same characters so often so they can make walkers that actually do different things.

Having the same characters has nothing to do with it. We just got a UG nissa that was also the first X-cost walker. The reason they slow roll doing new things is because there are frankly not that many things to do with walkers. The design space is pretty shallow for a thing we're expected to have around 2-3 of each and every set, often new. They're trying not to run out of things to do.

>We just got a UG nissa that was also the first X-cost walker.
Good, I'm glad we got this far before seeing that abomination. I could've gone my entire life without seeing an X-cost walker. Same for two-ability walkers, uncommon walkers, and any and all gimmickwalkers.

You mean stuff like Splendid Genesis?

Do you just want boring as fuck value sticks? Planeswalkers need to get a big changeup to stay fresh because they're almost all samey garbage. Do more adventurous shit like Tibalt or UG Nissa. Not all walkers need to be mythics, especially since most of them are too boring for mythic. There are plenty of "literally who" characters who are walkers that would fit better as uncommons or rares. Let the truly legendary or iconic characters be mythics. What you're promoting is stagnation of an already bland and shallow card type. You're the problem with magic. The only way to fix the Planeswalker card type is with gimmicks.

Doesn't rarity have more to do with card complexity than anything?

Not really. They say it does, but they never follow it. It's more for balancing draft than anything.

yes. makes me wonder if there are similar cards that we don't know about?