Adeptus Mechanicus Thread Secundus

For all things Admech.
Talk about your lists or just the fluff you have for your army.
Post your models.
Anticipate the new codex.
Lament that Kastelans are sold out.
Kill Guilliman with two turns of firing.

>Kill Guilliman with two turns of firing.
Or one turn of melee combat, if the stuff said in the last thread about how dangerous Dragoons are in the new codex is accurate.

Someone messed up their math, it actually just gets him down to one wound.

>fluff you have for your army.

Haven't started my army yet, since I have other things on the backlog to do first, but I have thought of fluff.

They were a small ad-mech support faction assigned to an Agri-world to maintain their farming equipment, and provide some support in the way of genetically modifying crop and animals to make things more efficient.

Eventually, the Arch-Magos in charge of the project come to the conclusion that the best way to get the most efficient yields was for them to simply take over everything, so they did. Replacing working with machines or servitors where they can, and taking their genetic modification to the absolute extremes.
The surface of the world is completely covered with crop, agri-domes intended to farm insects for edible biomass, and the occasional old-fashioned animal farm.

Due to the planet now being run by the Ad-Mech, they have gained an interesting advantage that they did not have before. The tech priests and Skitarii can happily subsist on tasteless, nutritious paste manufactured at the planets many insect farms, meaning that the planets supply of rare, real meat which was previously hoarded by the ruling class, can be saved for bribing purposes to call in favours from other parts of the Imperium.

Colours I am thinking of doing will be Green cloaks, and the metal will mostly be a dark bronze/copper colour to give it a sort of earth look.

I will also be using the various insect and owl bits I have left over from my Sylvaneth to try and give them a little bit of charm. One idea I have is to try and make a beetle bit that comes with the Treemen look cybernetic somehow, and use that instead of a servoskull on some model.

That was for 3 dragoons. If 3 dragoons can get him down to 1 wound, then 4 should be able to kill him pretty easily.

Sounds cool. We haven't seen much of country farmer Tech-Priests yet.

It is going to be hard to resist the urge to turn the Tech Priest Dominus axe into a pitch-fork

Had this thing in my backlog for the longest time, still needs minor touchups but I'm pretty happy with it.
Glad that the codex has made dragoons actually pretty good units, just wish I had a couple more to back him up.

Fluff it as a suped-up taser goad and go for it!

Anyone else disappointed the new codex doesn't let us make dark mechanicum lists and we're stuck with imperials?

>Anyone else disappointed the new codex doesn't let us make dark mechanicum lists and we're stuck with imperials?
Yes.
Would have been so much to ask for one of the forgeworlds to provide no bonus and instead confer the Chaos Keyword?

Honestly, it wouldn't have been too hard to have like '4 imperial options, 4 chaos options' (Each one giving you chaos + god keyword).

The dark mechanicus doesn't strike me as the type to dedicate themselves to any single god.

As if the dark mechanicus has anything in common with the Imperials anymore

If they ever release a Dark Mechanicus codex, it'll take more imagination that GW collectively has to pull it off. Probably why they haven't already.

It's not like you can't already play Dark Mechanicus. Just take a Hellwright (literally the 30k Archmagos Draycevak model) and a bunch of Hellforged tanks and dinobots. Maybe throw in some Renegades and Heretics for Dark Skitarii, since you'll just be running it as a detachment anyway.

AdMech discord server when?!

It will probably be in a FW book down the line like the Lost and the Damned.

>green and bronze/copper

BEHOLD, CITIZENS OF JAUNDIIR! RESPECT THE GREEN AND YELLOW OF OUR AUTHORITY, FOR WE ARE THE MECHANICUS TO CLEAVE THE EARTH AND GROW UP TO THE HEAVENS!

Only one being serves all four dark masters - Belakor

Carnac please go.

Or, you know, they aren't dedicated to Chaos as much as using and abusing its power like the Iron Warriors.

And Abaddon the Despoiler. And Perturabo. And Lorgar. And most of their Legions, for that matter.

>treads on a tractor
>multiple sets of treads
>giant smokestack exhaust pipes
All it needs is some skulls and eagles, and it'd fit right in!

Last night my brave science boys faced off against a massive chaos army with the help of some Deathwatch.

I took 10 Vanguard with 3 plasma, 5 Rangers with 2 arquebus, 3 Plasma Destroyers, a Neutron Onager, Dominos and 2 punchy robots.

MVP were the Vanguard

>chaos terminators drop in, fucking melt my Kastelans with combimeltas
>bloat drone kills 4 Vanguard, pass morale
>next turn pop reroll 1s canticle, unload 6 overcharged plasma shots into terminators
>all die

sure they then got charged by a chaos lord and died but it was glorious

I think Sector Mechanicus terrain already has some admech tractors.

I really like the gold. I usually reserve brass/gold for my Alphas, but this looks pretty sweet.

hey guys I was going to get the start collecting set to boost my Admech and was wondering if there's enough parts to build 2 alphas as I would prefer to have 2 squads of 5 instead of one of 10, can anyone tell me?

There are 2 heads but only one torso. Nobody will notice anyway.

yeah, I guess as long as I make sure the alpha who hasn't got the torso stands out as an alpha it'll be ok

The torso is pretty much identical anyway. And yeah, there's two sergeant heads in one kit. Just only one of each melee weapon/pistol.

thanks for the answers guys

So on alpha's is it more worth it to give them Radium Carbines over pistols?

I want to run a combat heavy list with a lot of Dragoons, Breachers, Sicarians and maybe even some Electro priests and Vanguard(just for those sweet Alpha pistol poses)

Which forge world would be best for this kind of list?

Thanks for any help.

Don't forget the angry tractor

These ones?

Yep, those are the ones.

Cyraxus when? :(((

Pistols are just one shot, radium carbine gives 3. For free.

Dragoons and Electro priests are best off with Stygies to get infiltration. Their Forgeworld dogma is pretty great for moving across the table too.

Biggest cuck of them all.

>The Forge World of Toletar is located in the Gothic Sector. Its endless wastes are filled with slag, and the manofactoria continously produce billions of tons of high-quality steel, adamantium and ceramite, that are then shipped to several other Forges to build the War-machines of the Imperium. The planet has been drilled to depths unbelievable to the rest of the Mechanicus, some wells reaching hundreds of kilometers in depth. Its Legio Skitarii is known for the quality of their equipment, both offensive and deffensive. Their armors are made with the very same high-quality materials that the foundries produce, and each weapon has been finely crafted to make it uncannily accurate and reliable. They focus on infantry, with support from Onagers and Kataphron battle servitors, mostly. In the planet, several Titans are found, although none of them are assigned to any Legion, but to the Forge World itself. Sometimes, they are said to be attached to the Legio Toletar. A group of Battle-Automata cohorts is present, too.

>Its Skitarii are mainly "voluntarily" conscripted from Toletar's population, although many join the ranks of the Thagmata by their own will. The planet as a whole has developed some weird interpretation of the Omnissiah, known to the outsiders as the Binaric Cult. Although the Tech-Priests usually try to keep in line with the main Martian doctrines, they can't help but to deviate from them in several aspects, mainly in the treatment received by Xenos tech and in the I+D field.

I am going to work on the my forge world Lutum III. A forge world that mostly scavenges old battlefields recovering and repairing destroyed equipment. Wanting to go for a Rome meets ferengi.

Work on the fluff for my forgeworld*

Tractors trigger the shit out of me during rush hours when I want to get home from work. FUCK

A solid green/yellow chevron stripe pattern would be pretty sick.

What are some cool color schemes for a skitarii army?
I'm trying to decide how to paint my new army and I need ideas.

I've been considering nabbing some details of WW2-era soviet tanks/infantry. I think Green AdMech could look pretty cool. Konflikt '47 has some cool Russian-themed power armor.

Maybe the AdMech are from a ForgeWorld that specializes in working in jungle/forested environments?

I'm doing some Greenmech based on pic related, although I left out the red trim. Orange glow is simple to do, and because the robes and glow tie all the models together I can use whatever metallics I want. Skitarii and Sicarians have regular leadbelcher, walkers like Onagers, Ironstriders and the Knight have black metal and everything else is more or less whatever works.

a portrait of my explorator tech priest for an oncoming RT game who will liberally use a turntable for anything he can get away with

Seems cool! I love red, but it's also neat to see some alternate colors. I think that's something the new codex will certainly ensure.

How would you fit electro-priests into that scheme?

You did that yourself?

>Observation:
>The masterful synthesis of resonance and harmony crafted by my prodigious intelligence produces a symphonic creation unchallenged in its exceptional composition.
>Conclusion:
>My beats are ill.
>But to the unaugmented human, my mathematical constructs and algorithmic formulae are beyond the scope of cerebral conception. You will require a demonstration...

ye

Green loincloths, glowy orange weapons, Rakarth Flesh/Reikland Fleshshade with slight Pallid Wych highlights for the meaty bits. Everything glows orange, regardless of weapon type or lenses or cables or whatever. I think it looks decent and is comparatively easy to do. Probably need to get some blue and brown paints for doing Ranger guns, though.

thats very kind of you user.
i actually wrote a few quotes for him when working on his backstory, which includes being sent away from his forge world because of his... eccentricities.

"Yo yo yo! To all the chromeboys in da haus, this is DJ Mechanix, coming at ya live from the underhive of tempest city!
Bringing righteous rythms to all who listens! So throw your hands up for the Machine God and all heretics bow down and prepare to receive the Omnissiahs blessing!
Keep upping the heat, and ill keep dropping the beat!
CAN YA DIG IT!?"

"Yo where da bolter bitches at?"

"Get ya soundholes ready for the mechanized music of Mars."

"Sacred supersonics coming at ya fullspeed letting ya know this is the Omnissiahs house and all flesh is weak. Glory to the Machine!"

"Hold on to your face cus holy harmonics 'bout to smash into it."

"Mechanical melodies warming up to proclaim the gospel to all of creation."

>Lutum
>Soil, corrosion, mire
>"Loot-'em"
>Roman Ferengis
You're off to a beautiful start user.

THE METAL MEN OF PHLOGISTAR IX
Known for their varied and myriad eccentricities, the tech-priests of Phlogistar IX are constantly on the brink of being labeled hereteks by the wider mechanicum. Despite this, they are indispensable to the imperial war effort in their local sector and a blind eye is turned. The reason for this is two-fold: magi from Phlogistar IX are renowned for their ability to harness the power of radiation, using it to enhance the abilities of their soldiers or simply bathe the battlefield in harmful rays. The other, perhaps more telling reason is that Phlogistar IX is home to one of the few Kastelan forges remaining in the galaxy. These attributes combined make for an indispensable forge world on the northern fringe where supplies and war materiel are otherwise sparse.

Basically I'm going for a 50's B-movie sci-fi forge world.

Posted this a few times before, but here's the fluff for the Takwin Explorator Fleet.

40/30K Mechanicum Genetors Lore

The Takwin Mechanicum are the evolution of a Xanatite Explorator fleet, who were out of the Imperium's territory when the Heresy broke out. After the first planet they came to shot at them for being Reductor ships (who were mostly Loyalist) and the second for them being Xanatite (traitors) they decided fuck it and returned to a cushy system they'd found in their trip. Fast warp lane through a couple fiddly sectors, but an easy trip for Mechanicum precision. They set up on a planet with a whole bunch of greenery, started mining the asteroid belts and steadily assimilated the planet, using their already large number of Magos Biologis to turn the local flora and fauna into war machines. The Archmagos in charge, Xander Treides, is largely a massive cogitator bank spread throughout his fleet, and sends out copies of himself in custom bodies to lead expeditions whenever required. If he "dies", he's obviously still fine, but he loses the data that body was carrying, and his mind gets steadily more corrupted by interference and such every time, so he slowly goes a bit mad. Eventually, late into the Scouring, he realises what's happening to him and locks the useful parts of his mind into the ship, losing his memories in the process. He takes over subordinate's minds and uses their memories and perspectives, which has led to strange command strategy as he commands with the biases of anything between a great Archimandrite and a Skitarii Alpha Primus, each taking prominence as required.

(1/2)

The fleet is still there, dug into a system that was a cosmological fortress even before it became a collection of Forge Worlds, gun platforms and energy farms. The Genetors continued their experimentation, slowly developing research paths that were sealed in the Vaults of Moravec for good reason before, combined with some of the Vodian research from their last homeworld, and before too many centuries had passed could be considered the equal of any in the Dark Mechanicum. Strange corrosive bio-weapons, living ships, creatures of the Warp bound screaming to flesh as the Soul Forge did to metal. Occasionally, a rumour would spread of the "Old Mechanicus" beyond the Ghoul Stars, but aside from a few missing ships little was found besides worlds picked clean and poisoned more subtly than the results of the Plaguefather's loving attentions. Inquisitorial attention had been planned, but was dramatically disrupted by the launching of the Thirteenth Black Crusade.

Now, with the formation of the Cicatrix Maladictum, their fleet is rearming for war once again, sensing the onset of a new Ruinstorm, and with it, opportunity. The new rifts hid their fleet from the Space Marine chapter guards of the Ghoul Stars, and now they move south towards the path through the Great Rift, bearing weapons not seen for a dozen millennia. The Pale Wasting has returned.

Fleet command structure has rather diversified and decentralized after Xander's apotheosis, most warfronts are led by a Magos Dominus or Magos Reductor supported by a collection of lesser Magi and attendants (in-game, they're Enginseers and converted Mechanicum Assassins). Xander's 2IC, Magos Canaris, is still leading the main body of the fleet, supported by the House Malinax Knights of equal age, swarms of millions of cannon fodder and teleporters that allow the Mechanicus to seemingly appear from nowhere amid the choking haar their bio-phage bombardments create.

Are they led by Magos William Robinson? Because if not, you've missed a trick there. I dig it, I just wish 40k Rad-weapons had the kick of the Heresy versions.

AP3 Torrent Fleshbane flamers, anyone? Rest in peace, anything apart from a Terminator.

>*flickering static*
It is I, Magos Mobius! Broadcasting to you from my manufactorum shaped... manufactorum in the forbidden zone! The zone that is, yes, FORBIDDEN to you!

All of the yes, and you could always have his attendants be the rest of the TT. Please do post pics when you've converted some stuff.

I was thinking of a Dune Navigator Magos-in-tank for something, might counts-as as a Dunecrawler bristling with weapons.

I posted this last night when the previous thread was almost dead, any thoughts?
Stygies VIII Brigade - 1995pts, 12CP

HQ - Tech Priest Dominus
2 Techpriest Enginseers

T - 5 x 5 Vanguard, 2 plasma calivers each
5 Rangers, 2 Transuranic Arquebus

E - 2 x 10 Corpuscarii Electropriests
20 Fulurite Electropriests

FA - 4 x Sydonian Dragoons, 2 single
and 2 in a unit.

HS - 3 x Onager Dunecrawlers with neutron laser

The index puts me at 2030, but the change in troop points should drop 35 off the list. Infiltrate the Electropriests as a big group, chase down transports and what not with the Dragoons, advance the techpriests up the table melting anything tough with a wall of lasers and plasma.

Which forge world rules would fit the best, do you think? I know I'm going to try to spam kastelans and vanguards.

Lucius is always good for that, because flashy teleportation with terrible special effects, and they make the Skittles a touch tougher. Stygies lets you get right up in their grills and makes your gunline tanky and Mars is just generally shiny.

>converting a counts-as Cawl that looks like a think tank
Thanks Grimsby.

So, let's say that some really bad shit happens on a Forge World, and an enginseer like any other decides to get the Rite of Pure Thought because of it.
However, the guy who does it is absolutely fucking mad, and instead decides to transfer the poor sod's consciousness into a cogitator, throw away the brain, and install said cogitator in the skull. The hapless sap retains all emotion, memories, and trauma, but is otherwise unaware of these changes in the procedure. For all he knows, the operation went as planned.
In the event that this is discovered, how would people react? Would he be destroyed for being an Abominable Intelligence? Keep in mind that any and all tech used is strictly orthodox, regularly sanctified, and is, technically, perfectly allowed to be used freely.
Is this a stupid idea for a character?
These sound really nice! Both biotech-focused tech-priests and stompy robot armies have their charm.

Do you happen to accept requests? A quick one (I hope so at least)

I have the codex lads. Anyone wanna look at anything?

Points cost page plox. Only thing we're really lacking.

Okay lemme get my phone. One thing I remember that changed is fulgurites are up to 17ppm

C'mon man where the pics at.

phone is charging

Scan and upload to the Mega

Fluff pages? New fluff mainly

What device are you posting on then?

Can you just type out any changes you see while we wait for pics?

>almost a half hour later, nothing has been posted
You better not be bullshitting us user, what's the hold up.

Phone is charging. Swear on my life I'm not bsing. Gimme 5 mins

My computer and nah

Alright I'm trusting you. May the Omnissiah bless your cellular cogitator with the motive force.

Praying this isn't shit quality. Sorry for the shadows

That is depressingly unchanged. God fucking dammit GW. My list is almost exactly the same points now as before, since I pay 20 more for Electropriests and 20 less for the Rangers.
Ty user, you're a star. Fluff pages would be great.

Oh shit, thanks man.
Any changes to point value of omnispex/data-dether?

Nothing changed.

Thanks a lot, could you upload the stratagems?

Could you confirm whether the taser lance for dragoon is unmodified 6 for 3 hits or 6+?

Arc breachers got 10pts cheaper each
Neutron Onager got 3 points cheaper

Cognis Heavy Stubber is now 5 instead of 8 points. Makes it kinda decent.

Looks like TA is down 10 each as well. Ranger spam when?

No? That's clearly still 25

> All special weapons take a 10p drop

I'll let you guys bitch all you want. This is candy to me and my skitarii.

user, did anything change the Dominus? He is still the same cost; did he get any buffs?

What special weapons went down 10 points?

Arquebus, Caliver, Arc Rifle, all the exact same.

Oh, fuck. I was comparing it to battlescribe and forgetting Battlescribe added in the price of the model too. Goddammit.

Arc rifle, caliver, and Arquebus prices are the same as now.

At least rangers are nice and cheap now. Saves 2 points per model, Vanguard 1.

Here's my list for 2k-ish:
Spearhead:Mars:
Belisarius Cawl
2x3 Kastelan Robots, 3x3hpblaster
2x Onager, neutron laser, h.stubber

Battalion:Stygies:
2xEnginseer
2x5vanguard
5 rangers
20 Fulgurite Electro-priests
3x1 Sydonian Dragoon; taser lance

Basically Fulgurites deploy in the enemy's face, Robots from Mars kill stuff with shooting and the rest of Stygies captures objectives

So here's what I'm looking at to take to a local tournament, as part of my promise that whenever an army I play gets a codex, I will bring it tot he next tourney. It's built out of what once was a War Convocation, but I think it'll work out.

+ Unknown Forgeworld (Lucius/Stygies? Taking advice) Battalion +

Tech-Priest Dominus: 135
Tech-Priest Enginseer: 52

5 Rangers: 90
- 2x Arquebus

10 Rangers: 92
- 3x Arc Rifle

10 Vanguard: 132
- 3x Plasma Caliver

+ Mars Spearhead +

Belisarius Cawl: 250

3 Kataphron Destroyers: 210
- Plasma + Phosphor

Cybernetica Datasmith: 52

2 Kastellan Robots: 232
- Full Phosphor
Onager Dunecrawler: 140
- Neutron Laser and Cognis Heavy Stubber
Onager Dunecrawler: 140
- Neutron Laser and Cognis Heavy Stubber

+ Superheavy Auxiliary +

Knight-Errant: 475
- Stormspear Rocket Pod

2000 points on the nose, 7 command points.

Cawl stays in the back and provides a reroll bubble to everything, the robots and servitors staying near each other to get +1 to hit. The Enginseer follows the Knight around with the relic that gives you +1 to healing stuff and the warlord trait that does same, healing it as it's an Imperium vehicle, while the Dominus follows the Skitarii (and possibly the Knight, if the Enginseer can't heal it; I'm away from my books) and provides a reroll 1s bubble.

Thoughts?

Your Kastelans are 12 too expensive
split up the 10 rangers to two troops with 2 arc rifles each, put arquebuse rangers to cawl, still got 8 left.
maybe give kataphrons flamers, but its optional, else you can kit a onager with heavy stubber

8 left sounds like it's time to pick up some shit for the squad leaders of my skitarii squads, honestly.

Thanks for the advice!

oh yeah, true. arc maul plus arc pistol is very nice for vanguard alpha, he gets to wound t4 on a 2 this way