Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

He's a big guy edition

Last >Daily Duncan Playlist
youtube.com/watch?v=fVWObn2XXLo&list=PLEaPE4sLDA7ucJ0dkiVZSW6ghZUNGFHIW

>GW FAQ (1.1):
games-workshop.com/en-US/Rules-Errata

>FW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/15/new-and-updated-forge-world-faqs-july16gw-homepage-post-2/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Thanks Chart-user!)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

warhammer-community.com/2017/07/22/the-other-angels-of-death-and-codex-space-marines/
warhammer-community.com/2017/09/20/the-siege-of-terra-dawns/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

First for FW

Let the shit posting begin

>vanquisher and punisher are unusable
So, what's the best loadout for a tank commander?
battlecannon, lascannon and twin heavy bolters?

To restate:

warhammer-community.com/2017/07/22/the-other-angels-of-death-and-codex-space-marines/

"Blood Angels, Dark Angels and Space Wolves army lists in Index: Imperium 1 all let you use units from the Space Marines section of that book. If you own the new codex, you should feel free to use those same units’ Datasheets from that book instead, until your own codex comes out."

Likewise, they mention in another one, that units not in the Space Marine codex use Codex costs for wargear.

Further still, much like how TSons can use the full Hereticus psyker discipline, clearly Codex rules can apply.

Thus, logically, wargear cost for TSons are updated, as it uses the same costs as normal CSM in the index, which have now been updated.

Why is punisher unusable? Its the best.

nth for Blck Library ruining Horus Heresy
warhammer-community.com/2017/09/20/the-siege-of-terra-dawns/

Why are Powerklaws 25 points?! Powerfists are only 12. 25 is more expensive than a nob reeeeeee.

It wouldn't be /40kg/ without it.

Maybe Citadel won't make plastic sisters cus smucks keep on buying their metal models. HMM

When will you learn, Orks will never have nice things. Stop being disappointed all the time.

>Nth for Black Library ruining Horus Heresy

user...I...

>a klaw made by a skilled Mek with the force to rip apart tanks and gits is more expensive than a giant retard born ten minutes ago.

Get a load of this git

Nobz aren't born 10 minutes ago, user. Those are Yoof Boyz.

Nobz are at least a few days old.

Nobs are older. They're like, you know, a day. At least.

Kinda feels like hearing that a relative or somebody you care about is in the process of being raped.

Which primarch can bench the most?

>plastic sisters

"I have come to put an end to your reign, Roboute Guiliman! For the Warmaster, for Chaos!"

50 cons Yarrick and a Company Commander is fair and fluffy.

Pass it on.

Because all russes are unusable

Magnus probably, based on sheer size. Before mind fuckery too. Manus after maybe.

Vulkan supposedly. But then again it's Nick Kyme that wrote that, so yeah ...

Fair.

Do u comison?

I'm about to take the plunge. New edition, new army.

How does this look? I would get Biovores and Hive Guard but they are sold out.

Are there any good FW models I should look for?

Yes...

>Are there any good FW models I should look for?
>FW models
>FW

This is bait.

Try searching for that stuff on eBay at least before getting it all straight from GW

Angryron (pre-daemonhood) did squat a titan...

>During the battle against Imperial forces, Angron saved Lorgar by stopping a Warhound Titans foot with his bare hands before it could stomp on his brother

A pic that shall be forever depicted as carnac. Thank you user

Punisher is only really good with Pask. Hitting on 2s makes the 20 shots a lot more reliable.

If Battle Cannons and the plasma cannon where changed to 3+d3 then Russes would be a lot stronger.

>Are there any good FW models I should look for?

This is some sort of new advanced tactical b8, right?

Codex incoming. Lets hope so.

GW makes a 3 part series about the siege of Terra going from the start of the siege to the final battle between Emperor and Horus, what one author, black library or not, would you want to write it?

Vulcan(he's a big guy) first then Angron.

Yes, I do conversion work too, if you want.

I did scrounge up ebay. Found 3 boxes of the old Warriors for $7/box

I have a lot of GW store credit so I'm not too concerned about the cost.

I don't understand this reaction

Does 40kg hate FW or something?

Matt Ward

>Does 40kg hate FW or something?
It's the hip new contrarian meme

FW is known for 2 things.
Cancer causing shitty models
And overpowered rules to sell said shitty models.

Veeky Forums has always hated FW since 6th
Now back to pleddit with you

Calgar the Despoiled
Calgar the Lord of Thicc

Alan Bligh.
Only good Heresy writer.
Now I'm going to cry

FW is literally Hitler, didnt you get the memo?

George R R Martin. Because if the story of the final battle never gets finished, it can never be ruined.

Blast weapons now have a rule that states that for every x number of models in the enemy unit, roll an additional die to determine the number of shots and pick the highest. 8th edition fixed, yay or nay?

I'm picturing the Primarchs on a flight deck bench pressing rhinos when Angron walks over to a Stormbird on it's skids, has the pilot retract them, and start squatting

Nay, there are no blast weapons anymore, get over it

Leve him to me

Is that the new Keeper of Secrets model?

Yes it can
>Sunset found her squatting in the grass, groaning. Every stool was looser than the one before, and smelt fouler. By the time the moon came up, she was shitting brown water. The more she drank, the more she shat, but the more she shat, the thirstier she grew.

Silly NPC, Orkz don't have pauldrons therefore they don't matter.

If Calgar turned against daddy it'd be because of feeling dejected and left behind, probably not because of Chaos. The seeds for that are clearly sown in the new novels, too.

That's the yncarne. Read filenames.

Speaking of, you can summon after disembarking with the new chaos eldar.

>because of feeling dejected and left behind
So literally Horus' feelings after the Emperor left the Grand Crusade

Or Perty's feelings for getting left behind with all the shit jobs.

Sounds like something a Nazi would say.

Only if you are using Forge World doors.

Its a meme, bro.

You can summon after killing the real Alpharius

He's joking, user. The Yncarne being Slaanesh bamboozling the Eldar is a semi-common headcanon.

Sounds like something Cegorach would do, because even if it dooms his race, it's just too damn funny to pass up.

>That's the yncarne. Read filenames.
So a named Keeper of Secrets?
Skarbrand the Bloodthirster
Fateweaver the Lord of Change
Yncarne the Keeper of Secrets

I swear this is the only bit of his writing 95% of the internet is aware of.

It's the only bit that matters, desu

>Powerfist
12 pt, goes generally on 2A model and gives them S8

>Power Klaw
25pt, goes generally on 2A model and gives them S10

>the new chaos eldar
Okay, no meme, I'm curious. Where in the DG codex does it mention them? Anyone have screenshots/page references?

*3A for Klaw, sorry

But power fists cost 20 points user.

Will it be in the show though?

Isn't scat play banned on Veeky Forums?
Despite /gif/ posting it constantly

No

That's quote from daenerys chapter in dance with dragons. Seriously.

The big book mentions them kinda in the section on aeldari

Still not sure how to equip Blight Lord Terminators

They seem expensive for plasma and melta platforms, but are combi bolters any use either?

Would be nice to show humans aren't the only fuckups ruining the galaxy for everyone else by inciting Chaos.

Crone World Eldar aren't new.

The... The only thing I'm seeing is ++REDACTED++, is that it? I was hoping for more.
>that Slaanesh rune though
Surely it can't be Chaos Eldar. Being able to devote themselves to Slaanesh would be such a fucking retarded retcon.

Eldar literally created one of the chaos gods, they're doing a pretty good job of fucking things up already

Combi-Bolters aren't bad. 4 shots per guy from 18" away is decent. They are appropriately costed at 2 points, it's just that them dropping down and shooting a volley of plasma or melta is just much more effective. Plus, the guys already cost 38 points, so you might as well give them a decent gun. Personally I will probably go for 3 Plas, 1 Blight and a Flail on the fifth guy.
At least with the melee weapons the axe is clearly superior to the sword, even if they crank its cost back up to 6 points like in the codex.

It's in Xenos Index.
They mention a [Redacted] Eldar that looks Chaos.

I don't understand the whining about this unit.

In Heresy it's overshadowed by Leviathans

In 40k it's incredibly expensive, dies hilariously easily and Predator Autocannons are superior to its shitty one. It's aioli missiles don't even ignore Los now and are weak as shit and it can't intercept either.

It's a cool high quality model but that's about it.

I figure people who just suck shit at this game.love to cry they lost because they're poorfags rather than lost because they need to get good.

Yup, that's pretty much the only hint
Yes it would be retarded, but I think it's dumb the whole "slaanesh is too greedy to do anything but eat their souls completely" thing, can't he just turn them into daemons or something?

To be fair it was, and still in in HH, absolutely brutal against flyers, which is something the Leviathan can only claim to be in 8th, but in 8th it will never be in range of a flyer for more than one turn not that it needs to be but still

Typhoon or Multi Melta on a stormraven

>It's a cool high quality model but that's about it.
No it's not. The reason people complain about it isn't because it's too strong, it's because it looks retarded as fuck and the only thing it has going for it visually are the bitchin belt-fed autocannons.

What does the rest of your army need? Melta is better and only a few points more but typhoon has really great range that's crucial for some armies beginning with G.

They're quite good with just Plasma/bolter at 192 points.

Nobz are old boyz git

What if you put those belt-fed autocannons onto a Leviathan frame? Better then?

>i have no taste: the post

Horus Rising killed the Horus Heresy.

Blood angels. I was thinking of not taking a devastator squad because of the dakka I can get from big bird. I dont have much long range anything besides assault cannons and thats still somewhat limited. Anti tank is plasma and melta

Already a thing

I can't decide between Eldar, thousand sons, tau or orks.
Can someone give me a quick pro con of their game play? I'm new but like all of their aesthetic.

Literally scourge bundles on GW or on Ebay than buy seperate, you'll save a lot.

It's a simple, clean, functional design, fits the aesthetics of the likes of Iron Warriors especially well.

I bet you think a model only looks good if it has tons of superfluous shit all over it like every 40k model these days.

Plasma/Axes preferably in a group of 10 to get VoTLW and Putrefaction going. They only look expensive because its hard to visualize how much tougher they actually are for 7 extra points.

if you aren't playing ultramarines then you are just a faceless baddie to be stomped

They fucked up majorly once and have been in the process of fighting it since. Humans are Chaos' greatest champions, and more fall every day.

Besides, in their drive to make everything in the setting revolve around humans, wasn't Nurgle awoken by the Black Plague and Khorne by something of the sort?