/WFG/ Warhammer Fantasy General

> He's using book covers again.

That's right boys, I'm bringing sexy back... edition.

> Resources (Crunch, Lore and Warhammer Fantasy Role-play)
WFB: pastebin.com/8rnyAa1S
WFRP: pastebin.com/0e6RuQux
Novels: mega.nz/#F!9Lw1WIRZ!eKxkOlAQwuZO3_8pHOK-EQ

> We're looking for these novels for the archive
pastebin.com/TSQhemJR

> Alternative Warhammer Miniatures and Manufacturers
pastebin.com/CvGaNyrk
the-ninth-age.com/lexicon/index.php?lexicon/462-the-9th-age-miniature-library/
tabletop-miniatures-solutions.com/13-the-9th-age
Tomb Kings Alternative: indiegogo.com/projects/tms-undying-dynasties-army-release#/
Bretonnia Alternative: indiegogo.com/projects/tms-kingdom-of-equitaine-army-release

> The 9th Age
the-ninth-age.com

> Warhammer Wikis
warhammerfb.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Wiki (most complete)
whfb.lexicanum.com/wiki/Main_Page
warhammeronline.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Online_Wiki

> Warhammer Video Games
Total War Warhammer: store.steampowered.com/app/364360/
Vermintide: store.steampowered.com/app/235540/
Mordheim City of the Damned: store.steampowered.com/app/276810/
Bloodbowl 2: store.steampowered.com/app/236690/
Man O' War: store.steampowered.com/app/344240/
Return of Reckoning: returnofreckoning.com/

Last Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

humblebundle.com/books/warhammer-rpg-books
docs.google.com/document/d/11F6qQpGqsDjizrWCps3EJemQPfZGkzgaUU6RkMI1hDQ/pub#h.9gohltx782rg
grognard.org.uk/WFRP2/Careers/
youtube.com/watch?v=45_HtJ_DXrc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Thanks for nice answers in the last thread, gonna read rulebooks now
t.newfag

humblebundle.com/books/warhammer-rpg-books

You have 7 days left to get all the Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay 2nd edition books for a mere 20 Burgers.

> INB4 shill.

It's a good deal...

> But I can get them all for fre-

For you....

What interactions have the High Elves had with the races of the Old World in the fluff? Any distinctions between the Empire and Bretonnia, patching up of grudges with the Dwarves, etc etc?

Limit him to two cannons, if he complains call him a doyle.

wrong guy

They trade with many, they have a trading relationship with marienburg specifically. Not much known other than what I just said, Elves are mentioned mostly interacting with empire (teaching people magic, trading with empire etc)

The lack of bookmarking is a dealbreaker for me.

Mainly they just kept to themselves until Finubar became king. He was the one who started allowing people to visit Ulthuan from the rest of the world (giving their economy a boost thanks to the trade) and he went exploring to try and build relations with people.

Including trying to patch things up with the dwarfs, to the point where he sent his nominal daughter the Everchild to Karaz-a-Karak as an ambassador.

It's mainly because of this that I'm so narked about him being basically shoved out of the narrative for the ET, since he clearly knew how to be a king better than Malekith.

Malekith did nothing wrong

Rule poster from the last thread, thanks for the answer. Guess this just means "don't put characters on monsters/chariots ever," or use the "combined profiles" rules from ET, play on more terrain, or houserule that cannons aren't actually a template per se, and thus have to roll to see if they hit a character or monster. Otherwise, eww. (especially given the weird raw that apparently a cannon can "land" through a barrier, then bounce).

I played Empire in 7th and don't want to be too 'that' guy about dem cannons. Would changing their damage from D6 to 2d3-1 be an acceptable ruling? Lower damage ceiling, the values are more normalized.

>Not painstakingly crafting your own autistic bookmarking system

Never gonna make it.

How would you prefer to to fimir? Ancient kin of man and daemon, or some sort of primordial precursor race, coexisting with whatever troglodytes humanity was uplifted from and dominating the world before the Old Ones came?

Perhaps they warred with the Old Ones and got absolutely fucking roflstomped. Perhaps this marked the beginning of their association with Chaos, and they helped to bring it into the world.

The question is - why do they need human women? The warpstone fimir are originally part human, but the canon chaosy ones have no explanation. Maybe it was a curse for fucking up and failing Chaos - binding them to a race of upstarts that they despise?

Maybe this allows us to have our cake and eat it too vis a vis their relation with Chaos. Most oppose it because it was not their original faith and betrayed them in the end, while a significant minority want to impress the Dark Gods and be lifted in their favor again. No matter the case, they'd still freely use dark magic and summon daemons, if mostly unaffiliated ones.

I might do that if I had no alternative, but I certainly won't be paying for the 'privilege.'

Do you guys have a discord or something where you gather and play?

(replied in old thread by mistake)

Hard to say how much the writers were aware of. Sometimes the novels contradict the rulebooks (e.g. Fall of Altdorf), and I hear a lot of mixed stuff from the writers themselves.

For example, Josh Reynolds said he was brought into a meeting where they lay out the basics of End Times around the time he was writing Thorgrim (2012/2013?), but also said in another interview that he didn't know exactly what would happen at the end of the world or anything about AoS until he was half-way through writing Lord of the End Times.

I imagine rulebook writers would've had that knowledge way in advance, but there's a bunch of stuff in the rulebooks that makes me think the writer was unaware that literally everything would be killed off within a few months.

When will Grombrindal get pic related as a mount?

Then why'd he get burned?

If you were to change things about a given army in WHFB, what would you change? This part is an early draft, but the idea of Savage Orks "forming ranks" was a bit weird.

Savage Orcs: Gain Skirmish. Big Stabbas are redone as: For every 5 Savage Orcs, 2 may be formed into a Big Stabba Team for +15 pts; Big Stabba. Big Stabbas inflict 1 S+2 Impact Hit on the Charge; these have Multiple Wounds (D3).

Optionally, there would be more "variant" spiders (spitting spiders, trapdoor spiders, etc), or squig options (spiky, splodin, etc).

So if a unit loses a fight and retreats, and the enemy succeeds on their chase check, they're dead? Am I reading this right?

What might an incredibly corrupt and wicked exiled dwarf living among humans trade t Skaven such that they don't kill and eat him merely for fun?

I'd say primordial precursor race, one that was the favored of Chaos before man started growing and spreading and gained their favor over them.

I have no real explanation, but I imagine it was fuckery on the part of the Chaos Gods - the Fimir said something like 'We wish we had the power to fuck over humanity!' and Chaos made such a wish come true in the most ironic way. Some oppose Chaos and have created their own god or worship nature spirits of the heath and bog, while others embrace Chaos fuckery as a blessing and serve them, or at least the daemons who deign to accept their worship.

So do you guys make any headcanons for your total war warhammer campaigns?

Yes

Correct, or completely scattered or otherwise routed. Of course, the enemy cannot pursue unless every one of your units breaks (multiassaults, ho). Assaulting with a smaller unbreakable unit, or a steadfast unit (alongside a BSB) are two options of course.

Of course, if all else fails, keep several expendable units on-hand. Minimum-sized wolf riders, warhounds, etc. The key is that you want said units to "block" your foe at a diagonal, so that even if you lose your unit, they can only pursue/overrun at said diagonal (of course, watch out for intervening models/terrain that would force you to "close the door" and thus prevent your chaff from disrupting your foe's advance).

Although greatly diminished in 8th due to assorted rulechanges, fast cavalry and disruption units win you games, as although big infantry units can out-attrition foes (or grind them down with static CR), they're not *maneuverable*, and changing their angle of attack costs them a precious turn.

it was a plot by court mages, Phoenix king is unnatural thing, actual elf gods set this all up to test him

Bull-Fucking-Shit.

look it up mate, elves aren't that good as you would think, at malekith ended up being a good guy

Yeah, and then the world got blown up. Can't have been that good at it after all.

Now that I think about it, all this stuff about the Phoenix king being something unnatural could very easily work as Naggarothi propaganda.

It was a stupid 8e era retcon.

I can actually dig the idea of Malekith being the true chosen, and Azunyan's fire burning him not to kill him, but punish him for his wickedness and flay it from him. By the time he finds this out it'd be too late to go back, he's fallen well and truly.

its a literal claim by elf gods, malekith did good job, it was old worlders who fucked up everything

We just house rule that cannons that hit ridden monsters roll to see who they hit. 1-4 Monster, 5-6 Rider.

Seems reasonable enough. The whole "clipping the wheel, thus your Tomb Prince is dead" was a bit much.

I like the idea that Elves are immoral scum, and so are their gods.

Relations with the Empire are good since the Great War against Chaos when Teclis established the Colleges of Magic. They're basically a Ulthuan ally.

Bretonnia worships them as Gods because the Lady of the Lake is an Elven deity.

Elves trade with most human kingdoms, Cathay, Tilea, and Nippon are all mentioned as having a presence in Lothern's foreign district.

Dwarfs....yeah there's a lot of bad blood there

Skaven are covetous of Ulthuan but can't reach it because they can't tunnel under it. There is a starter box that has a Skaven warlord invading Ulthuan though, so it can happen

Lizardmen are cautious but supportive of High Elves as they play a part in the Old One's plan

Elves see Orcs & Ogres as savages and exterminate with extreme prejudiced.

Chaos and its affiliates speaks for itself

I never play un-fluffy battles in Warhammer Total War.

Beastmen and Empire fighting on the same team? FUCK OFFFFF

Total Warhammer 2 ain't even out yet and they're already advertising the new DLC

Skaven, High Elves, and Lizardmen are all getting new legendary lords. Ikit Claw and Kroak are pretty much confirmed given how the campaign's end, so it's just high elves for speculation

What's the mortal empires campaign mean?

>Bretonnia worships them as Gods because the Lady of the Lake is an Elven deity.
Wasn't that revealed during the End Times? Neither Bretonnians nor Elves knew about the identity of the Lady before that.

Non-Elves/Lizardmen

Yeah but the Bretonnians always knew there was SOME connection to the lady and elves, it's why they revere the wood elves

#
>We know that not all the empires and characters featured in Mortal Empires are ‘mortal’ in the truest sense of the word. But compared with what may be stirring on the distant horizon…

nah it's the combined map campaign, that's the first DLC release and you get to play if you own 1 & 2

LL only dlc is usually free, the only DLC I regret buying is Beastman because I hate playing as them.

High Elves will probably get Alith Anar.

>Bretonnia worships them as Gods

As far as I know, that's never been in the lore. They're dumb enough to mistake the Wood Elves for fey spirits and assume a connection between them and the Lady, but they don't grovel at the feet of High Elves, and when they actually fight alongside Wood Elves they don't treat them particularly specially.

As of Now, High Elves are exiting a period of complete isolation that lasted eras, thanks to Finubar

He's the first Phoenix King that actually gives a shit and tries to fix things, pushing for the HE to open up to other races.
Now HE trade with the mainland somewhat regularly (they even have an entire district in Marienburgh dedicated to them), and found in the Empire and Bretonnia steadfast allies to fight off chaos at sea. Finubar actually managed to get on somewhat friendly terms with the Dwarfs. Meaning they don't try to kill eachother at first sight anymore, and sometimes trade too with eachother, but relationships are still very cold and full of suspect for eachother.

Finubar tried to patch up thing with Wood Elves too, but things didn't go very well, so as of now they're still estranged

Hopefully never because bringing Gotrek AND Grombrindal to the table means GG for everyone else

Anyone know where I can get my hands on the ETC rules?

But user, what if CA makes them shit?

This appears to be the most recent one. docs.google.com/document/d/11F6qQpGqsDjizrWCps3EJemQPfZGkzgaUU6RkMI1hDQ/pub#h.9gohltx782rg

I'm still waiting for Rune Guardians.

Just make it so Grombrindal, Gotrek and Bugman take one slot up each, that way they are kind of maybe balanced.

But Kroak is probably the super unit you get for doing the final ritual, I'd bet Gor-Rok or Tehenhauin will be the LL for Lizardmen.

grognard.org.uk/WFRP2/Careers/

Are the unique careers here worth anything? I'm thinking no and that they can be easily represented by other careers (Veteran instead of Pit King, or the career that it itself says can be substituted for during character creation). The only worthwhile part I see is the career for Dragon Slayer as a bridge between large gap between Giant and Daemon slayer and also due to the fact that becoming a Daemon Slayer requires killing a Greater Daemon and a fully advanced Giant Slayer isn't going to succeed in that.

What makes them unique?

I WANT MY HIGH ELF EDGE LORD! GIVE ME MY SHADOW KINGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!

Hey guys, due to a scheduling conflict our WFRP2e GM had to call it quits so I'm taking the reins and looking for one or two more people to fill things out. Here's the details...

>Discord text game
>PST and EST timezones preferred
>We've been starting on afternoons and nights on Tuesdays but we're open to rescheduling if necessary

If you're interested PM Suggins #9950 on Discord.

youtube.com/watch?v=45_HtJ_DXrc

Medusa confirmed for TWW. It seems a few units that didn't make the cut for the actual game, like the Rune Priests, Verminlord, and Doomfire warlock will still get a role.

It says right at the bottom that this is FLC. They used the same image for W1 FLC.

The fact that it appears in a cutscene doesn't mean it's in the game.
Same with Kroak.

It's called DLC

>EDGE LORD
You didn't read the book did you

Homebrew would be a more accurate description. But yes, I'm not thinking that these can't be covered by other careers.

There are barely any careers that can't be covered by others to begin with.

I dunno, he's kinda edgy in the book. Assassinates people and sticks their heads on sticks outside the enemy camp etc. Not as bad as it sounds when you put everything in one short fluff entry in a rulebook, of course. I think better of him having read Shadow Kang.

wich skaven wud u pat

The angry stormvermin. Something about giant rats in armor is adorable.

Well if i had to choose i would pick Sneek just so i could say i managed to touch the lord of clan Eshin and lived.

Sneek Scratchett scribe-slave to grey seer Vulscreek

Can I pet Boneripper instead?

The one with the big red eye-lenses, I say.

Is Queek such an alpha that he walked in and grabbed a seat on the council?

You can't pat most of them sadly. They're wearing spiky helmets.

Thats gnawdwell. The red armor and spines on back/shoulders are clan mors uniform, adorning them is optional. Queek is different in that he has alot, including ikits body, and talks to them.

Isn't that Queek's sugar daddy Gnawdell though?

>the absolute state of the Lizardman realm

I heard somewhere that they'd managed to reclaim a city, what was that about?

Once the whole Sotek thing kicked off, they reclaimed and rebuilt quite a bit of their empire.

Any maps of that?

Did I get it right?

yeah seems right. I don't remember ever hearing about this Clan duh though.

Don't forget they have a lot of temples in the Southlands.

>You will never be Morathi's sexslave

REEEEEEEEEEE

Mate, I doubt anyone lasts particularly long in her tender care, it's probably better this way.

No. Swittch Warlord-General and Moulder, then Moulder and Carrion.

>wanting to be the sex slave of an ancient hag that fucks her son and just about everything else
just stand in a hallway and helicopter your dick, it's the same experience

Absolutely fucking disgusting.

100% lore unfriendly, CA.

Absolutely fucking disgusting.

100% lore unfriendly, CA.

What's the matter?

white lions should never lose to har ganeth executioners

Why?

High Elf cuck.

because they are a far superior TT unit, and TT translations should be fairly straightforward, it's what they are drawing from instead of history, as this is not a historical title
fuck off to /v/ you pathetic baiting retard

Sounds like Adepticon is canceling all 9th Age events this year. Sounds like they're getting cucked by GW

no one plays social justice age

They seem like the exact same in melee, except har ganeth have murderous prowess and white lions have an extra rank.

What's wrong with 9th Age? I'm not very familiar with it and the setting itself just looks like an excuse for a fanmade 9th edition of Fantasy without getting sued into oblivion, but some of the new rules look interesting, like the variants for Tomb Kings. Heavy armour skeletons are sweet.

I've heard this meme before on /twg/ what's so social justice about 9th age?

I don't think elves teach anybody magic since Teclis got all the human hedge traditions in line and gave them a few pointers on how not to blow themselves up. The point of the Colleges of Magic was that they'd sustain and regulate themselves

the devs are SJWs that post political shit in community releases