This is a thing now

This is a thing now.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=uwgkZqbMoN8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Okay.

Oh, some webshow or somethinng I've never watched that some people on Veeky Forums don't like has a comic from Dark Horse. That's... something.

Eh. Good on them I guess. I just dont know why it rustles so many jimmies to be honest

Alright, tell me about it.

No tension can be built because we know the characters live. Id rather Matt write a comic seperate from VM but set elsewhere/when in the world. With a good artist on board you could have a fun fantasy book

Without knowing a thing about Critical Roll I'd easily pass this just because of how bland and derivitive the cover looks. It's so generic I don't think I could find it even if I were actively looking for it.

>inb4 "don't judge a book..."
In a medium like comics, it's all about the presentation. This has none.

I agree, they can atleast try and splurge on some good artists

They're reasoning is they wanted someone from their community to do it, so they contacted a long time artist who draws fan art for the show.

>First number
>Let's use the two most boring characters for the most generic cover ever

>No tension can be built because we know the characters live
How is it different from other comics? We know Batman will be fine.

Or any prequel ever, really

I guess MGSV had an interesting spin on that. Shame that game sucked otherwise besides that one plot twist

I'm surprised no one's bothered to rip it for us to read/make fun of. But I don't know how /co/ does it for the digital releases, or if any of them would want to drop the $4 USD for it.

should have used the girl who did the cover art to do the comic art imo

So what machine, exactly, are they the voice of? I never thought to ask until now.

I guess I have nothing better to do today.

Thank you.

sweet. thanks :)

It's "vox machina", not "vox machinae". No genitive. It's just "voice machine".

>Grog Strongjaw
>Lord Percival Fredrickstein von Musel Klossowski de Rolo III
>Tiberius Stormwind
please don't tell me people use names like these

gotta say i am not a fan of the art style but the writing is decent so far (can't stand colville though)

Now they do.

The first name is the very first time that player had sat down for a tabletop game period.

The second was needlessly long specifically for the purposes of sounding like an aristocrat,and the character himself only drops the full name for the purposes of political lineage. Most times, people just say 'Percy.'

... I don't actually remember if Orion (the person who made/played Tiberius Stormwind) had played TTRPGs before this one, but if he has it's only a few games at most prior to the start of this campaign.

Thanks to whoever's dumping, you've saved me a sandwich's worth of money from my morbid curiosity.

orion had never played dnd before they all got together

Which doesn't make a lot of sense since as far as I remember latin doesn't put the adjective\possessive before the noun like english.

wurd

The art's fine so far, if a bit basic. The linework isn't too bad, and that's the one made by the fan they hired for it. I think the colors are done by Dark Horse's folks.

to each their own i'm not a fan so far

If it were a possessive, the noun would have to be declined, and even if you interpret "machina" to be an adjective, that just makes it "machine voice".

Dem dirty greek sharkspeakers.

keyleth?

>Deate to ll trespassero
I guess.

ugh she's the worst

>that first pannel
Oh god, I'm stabbing it but it's still a shark!

So far I think my biggest knock against the art so far is that there's not a ton of variance on the weights of the lineart. The other thing I think that's missing is some more 'action' lines, be it implied motion or something to imply a speedy reaction. Right now it's rather static posing/action. But considering this is probably the first time the artist has done stuff like this, they're not doing a bad job, it just shows their inexperience with this medium.

Even in comics where Marisha isn't even involved in bad decision-making for her character, Keyleth is still terrible.

check out photon betamax on twitter and compare

marisha ruined keyleth for me years ago. she's a disgrace to the human race.

I don't know what this is (a D&D thing?) or why OP is hoping that we'll get upset about it, but Dark Horse Comics are usually pretty great, so I assume this is pretty great. Whatever it is.

it's a dnd/rpg web show that started 2 1/2 years ago where a bunch of semi relevant voice actors sit around and play on twitch

That person isn't bad (using color/form/shape to define people and few lines for shape/form), but that art style doesn't lend itself well to the comics medium.

Many thanks to the user uploading.

ugh. vex looks like a man so far and keyleth looks retarded with the freckles

How awful!

It's the prequel to a streamed game of D&D with a bunch of voice actors playing the PCs. It's pretty Skubby around here, mostly cause any other place for discussing it is a hugbox with regards to negative criticism of the quality of the entertainment on offer.

>That, "Stop paying attention to the hippie, she's not worth the trouble!" slap.

>Fell's Five will never be continued
>instead this garbage gets its own comoc

>half-elven
>half-elven
>half-elven
I'm out.

it was great entertainment for a long time but since they got into the higher levels it's lost a lot of spark for me

>Keyleth looks like a retard
So 100% accurate then?

Is that on the left supposed to be a dude or a chick?

Be alchemist, live in wooden box and share rent with an aligator...why bother.

Fell's Five was based. Tisha was my waifu.

She's a twin of a man, which the artist has taken to mean looks like one. Also the tumblr idea of how to draw women.

>those names

Back when it was a smaller thing it wasn't too bad. But now that it's the most watched D&D thing that streams on Twitch on a weekly basis - combined with it hitting the higher levels of 5th edition D&D - it's getting bogged down in it's popularity.

Probably the best arc of the show was the Briarwood arc, which has the group go and try to free a town under the thumb of a vampire and his wife, with undead patrolling the streets and the town on the verge of collapse. I think they were in/around the level 9-12 range for that arc.

Only reason I stick around is Travis and Sam, also I'm curious if they'll actually pull succeed now and they're are talks of a new campaign. All I want is Travis to roll up a smart tactician style character, you can tell it kills him listening to them plan because they're horrible at it.

They also sound like reasonable rpg character names to me, even if they fall into some pretty big cliches.

>Kronk Manlydude, the Barbarian

>Lord Overly-long-name McFancypants Von Something-or-other De Placename the Number, the nobleman

>Gratuitus intelligent-sounding Latin name, the magic user

They're cliche as all fuck, but they're owning it.

What is the appeal of these characters supposed to be? Is there any?

yep

agreed. the briarwood arc is still my fav along with the conclave after vex/percy get killed the first time.

i wanna see him as a lycan bloodhunter

>DM: okay so your companion has been grabbed by something in the water, waht do you do?
>Player: Uh..uh I SHOOT THE WATER!
>[Laugh-track plays in the Background]

THE END

You do know there are more ways to build tension than whether or not characters die, right?

Is there a PDF or whatever of this instead of individual images?

Thanks user.

seriously?

there will be soon most likely be patient

Oh god, she is the ''I AM SO QUIRKY''-The Character-Character isnt she?

Seriously. For now.

Nope. I found this as a digital scan on Readcomics;website

>He doesn't know
youtube.com/watch?v=uwgkZqbMoN8

the clasp?

She's a bit of a weirdo, but druids usually are. She doesn't seem too bad so far at least.

Finally...

Even if it's in comic form, Keyleth finally gets called out for her stupidity.

>everyone is a Half-Elf

Wow. Thats the safest fantasy choice I can think of. Kinda ''I want to be special but not too special' that really boring people like to do. Even Human characters would be more interesting.

marisha makes her the absolute worst watch the show