Infinity General - Neoterra Bolts edition

Infinity is a 28mm scale futuristic skirmish game by Corvus Belli where teams of Bad-Apple Veterans go places no one else can tolerate and hell breaks loose. Ask politely and they'll introduce you to their little friend.

>All the rules are for free. Buying the books is only relevant for fluff:
infinitythegame.com/archive.php

>Catalog of fluff, dossiers, and unit models
human-sphere.com/index.php?title=Main_Page

>Rules wiki (now updated with HSN3 content):
infinitythewiki.com/en/Main_Page

>Rules Wiki Offline Backup:
mega.nz/#!Dxs3VbKQ!_tRgLeIszkdMBvnpCFE4xHELtngLRL26cexppwmAIws

>Official Army Builder:
army.infinitythegame.com/

>Token Generator:
inf-dice.ghostlords.com/markers/

>N3 Hacker Helper:
captainspud.com/n3hacking/

>Batreps:
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzrPO7KIAtwXlOUh545nq21WQaW7YxuGc
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLO-Uv_G4cY91ZfMy3rWOKDQL1cl7YyYzf
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLf5JWn6xciCkYcBaTLGs6_FmFiZtCk2zm
youtube.com/playlist?list=gL0RY70TH3C0mb1n3DaRmyToH44sUck

>Terrain:
pastebin.com/Hy9SRkmJ
pastebin.com/PJaETXMV

>Faction Rundown:
mediafire.com/view/mqaaf5fosmti5b4/Infinity_Faction_Rundown_v.1.3.rtf

>All Consolidated Rules:
mediafire.com/?xm5aqb4sdx4g446

>Operation Icestorm Scan (beginner missions)
mega.nz/#!AkkG0ZZA!CE-YzCWIWVROcSnnlkZI8SMWxWoNb1LkFbWI-LamYR8

>The RPG Kickstarter
kickstarter.com/projects/modiphius/corvus-bellis-infinity-roleplaying-game

>WIP Tactica
1d4chan.org/wiki/Category:Infinity_Tactics

>RPG Character Creation
infinity.modiphiusapps.hostinguk.org/

>RPG previews (+ a couple scans)
mega.nz/#F!8pRURayK!Kj16fd7nQhEcaId8hKD4oA

Last Thread:

I'm genuinely at a loss as to what I would want for MRRF in Acheron Falls. I would just be happy with new scale resculpts t b h, I like how we play already.

Same with kazaks although a linkable MI would be cool and haris vet kazaks would be the shit

Metros need some kind of fixing, but IDK how.

Kazaks are already strong and have a ton of units. You can easily play vanilla Ariadna using nothing but Kazaks.
They basically need to be told what's linkable with what.

Forward deployment options instead of inferior infiltration?

What's the Schtick we should be focusing on for Metros that makes them unique from line kazaks, volunteers and grunts?

Maybe even an impersonation profile, for undercover cops pulling their guns?

Pretty much, even having just a core line kazaks link changes the dynamics of everything.

I love all the new scale kazak stuff that has come out too, I'm looking forward to new line kazaks

Didn't they say MRRF and SEF revamp won't be in the next book?

This comment came last time but... fucking XCOM them up.
Mass AD1 units, that can do so before the game starts as to preserve orders perhaps.
Lots of shitty mech deployment, Halqa style.
Baguette Level 2: Superior Baguette.

I wouldn't be surprised and not exactly disappointed either. Kazaks is enough for me, I play all Ariadna sectorials anyway.

Interesting, maybe include more bounty hunters as hired help.

Shit I wouldn't even mind a secretly nomad funded response team dedicated to assfucking hyperpower guys.

French guys with Breaker rifles/grenades and nullifiers or something.

Play with more terrain rules, Multiterrain is good.

But for serious I was playing Looting & Sabotaging against an Ariadna player and 11 point 0 SWC dudes with D-Charges and infiltration are nuts in that scenario.

They should give the French a unique Antipode unit that's just straight up Antipode braves, not controlled like the Russian one, since they actually conduct diplomacy with them. Kind of like the vanilla Antipode pack but perhaps with some more technological toys the French trust them with and no handler.

Or they could just up the Chasseurs AVA. That would be good too.

Good point.

And yeah the inferior infiltration guys are obnoxiously good for 11 points, I personally just don't like how it's random whether their rule will even work, which is why I was thinking of forward deployment as an option: less up the field but at least it's consistent

The trick is you just run 10 of them and rely on the law of averages. That's what my opponent did.

That's hilarious, I might try that

For dudes that reliably go upfield use Zouaves. Infiltrating Metros are for yolo maneuvers.

I ended up tying the game but first turn he blew up my AC2, Duroc walked on and got some smoke on the AC2 + killed my Maakrep, then a couple of Metros moved in and cc'd the AC2 with d-charges under the cover of smoke.

>up the Chasseurs AVA
Jesus Christ, how horrifying.

>Jesus Christ

Your god can't help you here, this is Merovingia.

>Ah-hon-hon-hon

>Baguette Level 2: Superior Baguette.

They said it has something to do with planned "reinforcement" rules and the reason they were supposedly dropped from Human Sphere N3 in the first place.

Would Jeanne D'Arc have Baguette Level 1?

LEWD

Huh, interesting.

Is it going to be cheaper profiles that walk on your table edge on turn 2? A new kind of AD?

Someone in the last thread said they'd want Dakini links and higher AVA for Posthumans for Vedic.

I donno man, Dakini links sound good (and it seems like they'll require a Danavas to form a link, which I think is really cool personally), but I feel like the capability to run 4-6 Posthumans would be incredibly broken.

I'd like some HI that isn't 68+ points to field, personally. Or just one character with smoke.

I just want a Haris option for Loups and/or Briscards. Maybe a free Duo for Moblots, but who cares.

Yeah, for the sake of most people's sanity, keep Post-Humans at AVA 1

Baguette Level 1: Mimetic Baguette

Damn I wish what is wrong with my psyche. I see an awesome painted model and I feel bad. Everyone else is talking about inspiration to paint better, and I just feel like shit and wish everything bad on the person that painted those models. What is worse I know it is bad, yet still it happens everytime.

I think you'd feel a lot better if you just practiced your painting more and got more experience. It's really not that difficult and works much better than jealousy

yeah I painted my first model in 1991. A plastic GW set of 8 Dwarf warriors. I did not only not improve, but with age got worse. Am doing and redoing the models and they always end up looking bad. I think in spring I spent full 30 days painting 4 wu mings, ended up throwing them in the trash got so angry at myself.

Hey, man. I'm sorry you're not feeling great. I want you to know that I love you.

Shut the fuck up and DO IT FAGGOT. Paint a model. Then paint the next one. Then the next. And so on. You are forbidden from stripping unless you literally no unpainted models left. Even then, leave a model for the sake of comparison. With regular practice there's a non-trivial chance you'll get much better in a few months and it feels good to see your old shitty models and realize how far you've come.

Just stop caring.

Maybe you just never learned the proper painting techniques. Though if you painted since 1991 I suppose you would see some paint guides. Though I can attest personally to laziness and stubborness: I have only tried wet pallette once and was to lazy to ever do it again, despite having been constantly told how much it increases painting quality. And I refuse to get an airbrush.

Parfait.

I have a ton of shity models. And as I said 15 years ago I could hold a model without my hands shaking. At least the colors were landing where they should be. Righ now it takes me hours to try to paint a single belt. But the worse parts, at least as infinity models go, is part between the back armor and butt. and the inner legs. It is impossible for me to not get paint at the back or side of a leg am not suppose to be painting at given moment. And yes I was given advice here to put try put elbows on something solid etc, it does not work for me. Does give brutal cramps though, and somehow lowers blood pressure drasticlly.

You could try putting the model in some kind of vise instead.
Or just give up, slap some basic paint on it or just ask/pay someone to paint them for you according to your preferred scheme.
IMO painting the models is not as important as marking LOF on the bases and I am predominately a painter myself.

I actually tried building a wet pallet this summer. Funny thing, I found out that in my country it is impossible to get the proper type of paper for it. Either it is too soft and "melts" from the water, or it lets water through too good, and all paint ends up in the foam underneath. Only thing I "learned" to do was smoke inking, followed by dry brushing. Worked ok on WFB dwarfs, as long there was no skin visible. But somehow each time I go to my store, they never has black paint. Also I don't know what happened to inks through the years, but somehow they got better effects. At least the GW ones. Now they are some oily shit,

There are a lot of free resources on color theory, and painting tips online. Get some cheap figures that you won't feel bad about experimenting on and stripping to test new techniques.

Also, consider keeping an eye out for, or looking up online for painting cliniqs taught by professional hobby painters, and see if any are slated to be held near where you live. Usually for a few bucks you can get in and have someone that does this stuff professionally help guide your technique, correct your misconceptions, and physically show you in person what to do and how to do it.

And the big thing is to just practice. Even if it's just an hour a day, every other day although every day would be best, if possible, but the constant practice will do more for you than years of on-and-off bursts of activity followed by dormant periods. If it sickens you that much, just strip it and try again.

I'm the sad SOB that has periodically bitched about my Aleph and Yu Jing never quite clicking with me in terms of color schemes and never meeting my personal standards. Well, I kept at it, and now I'm working through my Red Veil YJ, and I'm actually fairly happy with my results, even if they are what I'd consider lower-end tabletop standard. You just need to put the brush to the model, not be too afraid to try new techniques or experiment a bit with your painting, and keep at it for a few hours every day or every other day.

>Your god can't help you here, this is Merovingia.
>tfw Hunzakuts make the best Chasseurs
So true.

My I wish my disability money was enough for me to buy the stuff I want, paying for painting is way above my price range. Here a box painted to table top standard, means buying 2 boxs. Also it aint an esthetic thing for me. It is not like I have some great need for my models to look great. I think it just has more to do with my general dislike of people as a whole. If someone is happy I feel bad, if something happens aka bad, to someone I feel good.

You don't happen to live in Poland? Seeing how you paint could help a lot in establishing what needs doing.

Are you the disabled Ukrainian from before?

the wu mings were 7-10 hours each day with breaks fro stripping and glueing for 1 month. I don't think anyone painted wu ming over an over again as often as I did. I watched some guides in the past. I never understand how the stuff works for those people. They say stuff like "and I think the paint with water and put the darker or ligher color in area X". But they never say how much water they use. Or stuff like I spread the ink without getting it on Y. Again they never say how they do it. Or I look at how they paint and it feels as if the dude has 3-4 hands and 2-3 sources of light.

Yes I am.
No I don't although, I wish I would or in germany. From what I heard about family members that have disability pensions, it is heaven

If they're doing one sectoral per faction per book, what would they replace SEF with?

It's Artoria who has the baguette.

Shut the fuck up about your mental health problems you god damn sociopath, this is a toy soldier forum and I want to talk about toy soldiers

Well, I don't think you're Muslim enough to qualify for Germany. But you could fit in Poland, despite the anti-East propaganda broadcast by the government. I doubt anyone would suspect a disabled guy of being a banderist baby-killer.

Anyway, just don't let the painting keep you down, you seem to have enough proper problems already without also worrying about some toy soldiers.

How does these threads always devolve into some 50 shades of slav -shitfest?

>55485186
Washpainter here: Generally use 50/50 thinner to start with. If you want it more solid, use less. Thinner, use more.
For shadier parts like the insides of cloak fabric where the top areas are much lighter than the bottom areas, bring that up to 75/25, or even 80/20.
Basically, experiment. Your stuff will get better over time.

Lot of people go work in Poland. My disability prevents me working. My family line is complicated enough to me be not counted among any nationality. And while I do agree with you about the don't worry thing. My problem is just that is that first I can't, and second I have to do something, my PC stoped being "game" worthy 8 years ago, so I have to do something whole day. Don't want to go more crazy then I already am.

After they changed the rules so that cheap infantry stopped being the end-all be-all, we had to find new ways to kurwaspam.

Typically you prime the mini, and then thin the paint so that it has the consistency of milk. How you thin your paint can depend on what kind of paint you are using. Some places recommend water for water-based acrylics, others recommend a little bit of alcohol or paint thinners, and others still will recommend adding just a drop of ammonia-free Windex.

Then get just a bit of paint on the brush so that it doesn't flood into the base of the brush or pool all over the mini when you go to paint it.

>But they never say how much water they use.
Thin paint to the consistency of milk. Can use water, or a few drops of alcohol, paint thinner, or ammonia-free windex. It's something you just need to practice with to get the feel of.

>Or stuff like I spread the ink without getting it on Y. Again they never say how they do it.
They probably do, or at the very least, there should be other videos where people DO show you how they are doing it.

>Or I look at how they paint and it feels as if the dude has 3-4 hands and 2-3 sources of light.
There are plenty of resources out there that show you the tools people use for painting minis. Good work lamps and proper lighting are important, as are good brushes. Other helpful tools can include work goggles to help you see minute details when painting, wet pallets for keeping your paint from drying out, shard cutting blades and good clippers, a drill and pinning set, corks and alligator clips for holding things in place so that you don't keep directly touching the mini while you paint it, etc.

At the end of the day, if it's that unenjoyable for you, or if you don't want to take the time to properly familiarize yourself with the hobby, it just might not be something for you. In that case, consider commissioning a painter for your stuff, or just play the game with your minis as-is.

>Thin paint to the consistency of milk.
Everyone says that and I never found it to work.

What's worked for me was thinning paint little by little, seeing when it starts running into details like a wash, then thinning it just a bit less than that breaking point next time.

Yeah, milk consistency doesn't do it for me either. The key is really just experimenting and getting a feel for it. It sounds wishy-washy as hell, but just like with cooking, there's really no other way around it - only experimenting and experience will net you the proper idea on how to dilute paints, and even then you won't always do it right with the first go, adding a little more paint or water depending on how it goes.

Just give up, paint three colors without worrying too much about staying within the lines, give a heavy wash, mark the LoF, and play the game. No one makes fun of "bad" models in real life. Or at least, not in my experience. The only one hating on your skills is yourself and you need to let that go. It's unhealthy to be so negative over yourself over something you can't control.

It really comes down to individual style.

>How does these threads always devolve into some 50 shades of slav -shitfest?

>so I have to do something whole day.

Joining the winning side, I see.

I'll have to greenstuff a comlog on the spare rifle Chasseur, give him a Haqq rifle, field him as a Hunzakut and see if people notice and if they get triggered for wasting a rare shiny rifle Chasseur.

Well their forces are the rapid deployment one.
So forward deployment would be fitting.
Furthermore the sculpts themselves are missing a common theme.
Would say going for swat/counter terrorism themes would be most fittingm

Gameplaywise mostly snatch and secure as exemplied with chaussers and zouves. Fast movement to get the most grounds (more climbing) and then sapper; mines and good suppressive guns (smg).

asked in last thread but didn't get a response. What exactly is a sepsitor? The description just says it is voodoo tech, and the template and name make it sound like it sprays shit on cube wearers

I'm triggered, desu.

Dear god, what's with her hand!?

It's a virus that overwrites personality recording circuits to switch troop loyalty to "kill filthy humans".

Antipode infection

yeah. I think this is mostly it. Ton of slavs at some hours having nothing to do. Maybe there are no slavic infinity forums, or maybe even no table top forums for them at all.

Would you go to a forum full of slavs?

I was bored.

Would you live in a country full of slavs?

Id love for Metros and loups to get the SWAT look with zouaves, chasseurs, moblots and briscards being tacticool federal troops.

Briscards should totally have climbing plus, totally agree.

It is not like I was given an option where to live.

Did that qt trauma doc art get a model yet?

Nope

Too busy racking up a bodycount to get a new sculpt.

Viral sniper instead of normal sniper and normal+stun GL instead of flash GL for Loup Garou. Also haris, potentially duo.

Fixed Anacondas. Probably some more mercs as well. Druze would be very welcome.

Mimetism as standard on Blots, or something else beyond panzerfausts and decent stats to make them attractive. Also haris.

Some new unit, they're a little understaffed atm.

Looks like Nomad tinbots all look like that.

Rage fist is non-negotiable.

Fuck. I may actually be in love.

Fuuuuuck. I want a Bakunin army now but all the other units I like for the sectorial don't have enough variants, like Zeros.

Got my USAriadna force last night, started assembly. I have no idea how I want to paint them. I need inspiration. Help!

Paint them up like redcoats. Don't forget the little Union Jacks.

USAriadna has the last Coca-cola Bottling plant so therefore you should paint them with a Coca-Cola scheme. Minute Men should be painted like Minute Maids. Van Zant as Van Santa.

Eeeh I was thinking a little bit more tacticool
What do you think I am? A filthy traitor?
That's actually kinda neat

Yeah, apparently anthropologists like to study USAriadna areas because it's a bit of a look into 21st century culture.

I've been thinking of doing a Coca-cola themed force for a long time.

Oh man I am so happy they are giving you all the nerd bots with this.

I was about to buy a Yojimbo just to get them.

if a sepsitor carrying unit gets possessed and sepsitorizes a cube carrier who controls the sepsitorized unit?

hey its andrew!

Unknown. It's never come up because Avatar is immune to possession.

>tfw no crossfaction rules
>you will never be a Fusiler right out of bootcamp trying to relinquish with your garrison after a CA force blasts the "easy" post you were promised
>you, an ORC, and a Sikh commando link up with some Yu Jing, Nomad, Ariadna, Haqq survivors with the help of a ALEPH bot and a Tohaa sniper covering you
>you will never travel from ruined town to ruined town, trying to find a working spaceship off the rock
>you will never fight off Morat and Shavastii patrols who know you've survived
>you will never find an Ariadnan FOB for shelter, but since you're cut off from the others by a freak ambush, you have to slowly guide the others through a CA minefield and patrol surrounding the base
>you will never hear a slight click as one of them accidentally steps on a mine
>you will never have to frantically guide the others into disarming the mine as quietly as possible while one of the CA patrols gets suspicious and begins moving to investigate
>you will never have nothing more than an infrared scope, a hijacked CA UAV, and a tattered map to guide your comrades, knowing full well they may not be able to extract you in time if they find a working ship in the FOB

You could probably switch a pathfinder for a machinist, and I imagine that the TOOS could be swapped for something more useful.
A hacker may be a decent idea, even just a fusi one, so you have at least a some kind of defense against possession without burning command tokens.

>tfw no crossfaction rules
>you will never sepsitorise an entire platoon of Ghulams and use them to launch ambushes and false flag attacks on the other filthy humans
>you will never offer a Druze officer a choice between immediate annihilation and a chance to work for you
>you will never bring collaborators into your ranks so they may shed the blood of their foolish kin for the glory of the EI
>you will never be forced to step in as your human and morat troops get into fights over old grudges
>you will never free a team of Kosuil from their wrongful imprisonment
>you will never help a dogface conquer his fear of flight so that he may be more useful to the Combined Army

Why the hacker with LGL? I'd rather a sapper sniper to bring some ARO presence.

Looks like a fun list to me, not that I own PanO.

It is likely you will able to do this shit in the RPG.

Shit like this makes a game hard to balance because players will always cherry pick units to make up for weaknesses.

You CAN always do this yourself with your friends in a scenario game.

I really wanted that sensor in there. Depends on your preferences, but I find playing with no long range AROs pretty manageable when you've got good supp fire and plenty of mines to work with. Hacker is generally useful and can coexist with the sensor dude.

>BA Bacarus as a fucking dogface

Should this be considered a WMD?