Are you lookign foward this?

Optimistic?

Do you even care about it?

Yo, thanks for informing me, already signed up for the beta

It can't be worse than MTGO.

Can it?

Im excited

hate how cards are tapped though

I hope not but I think it will fail just the same if they decide not to add code cards to physical packs. People do not like buying both online and physical cards.

I'm not sure how that's going to work but it say son the FAQ they want this to be connected with tabletop.

It's crazy how pokemon tcg is a shit game fundamentally but the only big tcg that can get down rewarding irl and online players at the same time

Yes, even if it's just "Magic Heartstone Edition", so long as the gameplay is the same as the paper product it'll scratch the stupid itch to play Standard so that I don't ever spend another dime on rotating formats.

But why are they cards?? Why not have little dudes standing on top of the cards, and have them actually do their things like the Yugioh show? What is the point of a card game emulator that has low fidelity to the actual game and looks as boring as the actual game?

Depends.

Can you earn packs/buy singles with ingame currency which you get by playing the game?

If no, then Wizards can bite my hairy pale ass.

>tapped 10 degrees

i won't play if this isn't changed

Supposedly every card available ingame, you can get it for free.

>exclusively on PC at release
Duels was clearly built for console gaming first, and PC/Touch controls were an afterthought. I realize this is built off a different base, but honestly playing a bit of mtg on my phone was the best and only reason I cared about duels, so I'm dubious
>that hearthstone asthetic to be streamer friendly
shit taste, shit market, fuck it all
>possibly better rules engine and system, the full control option to deal with priority looks promising
maybe they'll jam some of this shit up MTGO's butt if it works out, give it a facelift. it'd be nice.
>focus on standard
meh
>in-game drafting
depending on exactly how this works out, could be great fun. again, if they can get it on my phone i'll totally draft a shitty limited deck when I have time to kill.

>Are you lookign foward this?
Yes...
>Optimistic?
No...
>Do you even care about it?
Too much...

Unless it comes with built-in macros for infinite combos, I don't see why anyone would prefer this over Forge and its ilk.

I refuse to spend money on this after being burned too badly by Duels. I'll probably try out whatever it offers for free though because I can't play MtG in person anymore really.

hell, if they'd reign in their power creep on big basics and provide better incentives for being on the draw it would even be a good game.

I have a friend that taps like this. He gets super pissy whenever I ask him to tap like everyone else.

It surely can't be worse than MtG Puzzle Quest

Hope it fails just like the rest of the trash tcg it is.

The best way for this to work is to release the game with a one time fee and have 100% of the cards available for all current MtG games.

This will allow people to build whatever the fuck they want for new decks and get them to chase cards for the physical game for tournaments.

Oh, make no mistake, Magic the Gathering is a shit game by Today's standards.

Want dueling Mages in a quick game? Ashes is a better choice.

More strategy? Mage Wars is the way to go.

All in all, it is fucking retarded to play Magic the Gathering these days. The mechanics are flawed, the gameplay is too luck dependent on card draws, mana screwage/floods is annoyingly far too common, the whole of the game built around the TCG model is also outdated.

No reason to play it, no reason to support it, and yet it is still absurdly common. Just like how D&D is a flawed shitty RPG with outdated mechanics but is still popular simply because it has been around longer than the other guys.

Drafts for free that aren't as much of a hassle to manage as on Cockatrice? Sure, I'm willing to care about it.

If it's just MtG, I'm sure it'll be fine. I hope you can set it so that it looks more like the actual cards, though. Not a fan of the aesthetics. Especially the tapping.

The main thing the Arena has going for it is that it's built on the Unity engine, which I think is also the same engine that Hearthstone was built on. So it will quickly show up on other devices once they get the base PC version to be stable.

Yes, Yes, and Yes. I don't expect it to replace magic online or real life card playing any time soon, but I am looking forward to it.

i'm mostly concerned with how long that will tske (easy or not wotc's track record in digital media doesn't inspire optimism) and how well implemented it is. duels was fully cross platform but very, very clearly put console controls first and everything else was secondary (with touch controls almost tertiary). a shitty phone game will not enamor me more than an okay PC game.

what the professor said, sans having actually played it. looks cool, but wizards has done nothing to earn our trust that the game won't die off in a year after they make all the wrong decisions.