Wallets

How many of you guys actually use wallets?? For a majority of my coins, I just leave them in the exchange I got them from.

I honestly don't see the problem with this.

>inb4 getting hacked

its all about sonm today, mooning mooning into the billion cap

you must be new or else you would know that its extremely common. you wont have fear until it happens, then its poof gone goes your money. ask any OG ltc holders back with btc-e, or basically everyone with mt. gox

ive got a few friends who left in exchanges. if they strop dealing with that crypto you loose it. also more easily to hack an exchange then a local wallet

I know a guy who lost about 300k worth of dogecoin from just leaving it on an exchange

Listen... just store your Ripples in a local wallet, its only $28 paid to Ripple Company to create a wallet.

Would you suggest transferring for only long positions?

my question is.. can I cold storage tether?

hacking is not that common and the coins that I keep in exchanges have a big enough market cap they will never be taken off

wtf you have to pay?

a bunch of peoples wallets got dumped on bittrex a couple of months ago. unless they were all larping.

For those of us who have been here a long time it is exactly that.
Getting hacked, exchange goes under, exchange gets hacked, they stop withdrawals during some critical time, etc.

If you don’t play on trading then move them to ur wallet. Takes very little effort and could save you a headache in the future.
Ill give u an example.
>it is the year 2020 newfag user (you) has been in crypto for a couple year an amassed 1millillion dollar during the boom of crypto, suddenly banks had enough pressure China to take down all exchanges in an emergency move to protect their currency, your 1million dollars is locked on Binance, countries follow suit banning crypto and cracking on crypto as the bubble bursts, user is unable to withdraw to sell while he still can.
>by the time Binance starts slowing it’s client to withdraw the price of newfag user crypto is 100usd$
The end

What wallet would you suggest for holding ripple for a long ass time?

Yeah, to create a ripple address it costs 20 XRP. I imagine 90% of ripple holders dont know.

>have a big enough market cap they will never be taken off
The fuck are you talking about
If your account gets compromised you lose all your coins

>il just leave it in an exchange!

rip mtgoxers

What exchanges are the least scammy?
Something that supports a decent amount of alts

toast

If you are hodling large amounts for a long time, move it to a secure wallet.

>Unironically being this retarded

Mt. Gox was run by an idiot tho, and likely wasn't even hacked, just mishandled and lost.