/cyoag/ - CYOA General

Previous thread Archive and other resources: pastebin.com/vrqYhnpu

Welcome: waifus, adventure, adventurous waifus, comfy, comfy waifus, superpowers, superpowerful waifus
Not welcome: namefag drama

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=s2A3LaYDlHM
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

youtube.com/watch?v=s2A3LaYDlHM

Waifus!
Comfy!
Power!
Lore!
FASTER!

Waifus! And draw!
Comfy! And write!
Power! And point limit up!
Lore! FASTER!
With the sting of the WIP on my shoulder ...
With the salt of user on my board
SDA. God on high
Can you hear your people cry?
Help us now
This dark hour

DELIVER US
Hear our call
Deliver us
Authors of /cyoag/
Remember us, here in this burning thread
Deliver us
There's a thread you promised us
Deliver us to the promised thread.

I wonder when Time of Troubles 2 is going to be released. Maybe at the start of october?

wait how the fuk does this cyoa weigh so little

TRAVELLER

YOU WHO I CALLED AUTHORS

HOW COULD YOU HAVE COME TO HATE US SO

IS THIS WHAT YOU WANTED?

Jokes on you user, I like SDA and I want him to have my babies.

>>>/discord/
>>>/wherepeoplegoandstaygo/

This is going to get milked try.

I like SDA still too, and I definitely dislike Tok, but this entire experience is just draining

I just want it to end

dry*

What in the actual fuck happened to these threads? When will the shitposting just explode into a giant shit bomb that ends all this?

>What in the actual fuck happened to these threads?

Tok posted his newest masterpiece
SDA took it poorly, as usual

Someone, post Guardians of Earth(idk if that is the right name), the CYOA that is of the opposite side of this one.

It only ends if one party decides to take a long hiatus from /cyoag/.

Never going to happen.

SDA is never leaving because he's SDA

And Tok's never leaving because he needs the attention to survive. He left to reddit for a little while, but came back once he realized they only have to post once, whereas here, he can post his shit as much as he wants.

Well what about you? If you take a vacation from /cyoag/ everything will die down eventually.

Here it is: I've completed my first OC! I give you: Deepest Pit.
I'm still willing to call it a WIP if anyone has anything they think I can improve.

I'd recommend reading the other page and making your choices before reading this page. It helps keep the mystery alive

And here's the mystery boxes. I trust you to figure it out.

And there may or may not be a secret Mystery Box that I'll only post if someone gets the right requirements
It's kind of a joke box

I enjoyed the text version of this. Just glancing at it, it looks really good!

Intentional or not, some pics are too dark

Blind ass cunt

Beta as fuck here, but would be interested to hear feedback for the general concept. I'm not opposed to suggestions for the other powers, but I can't promise I'll use them. And certainly I'll consider adding to the list any books I have missed.

Anyway, Children's Reading CYOA.

Thank you! I learned a lot since then, and I've done some text editing as well.

...I agree. The ones at the start were from early in the process, and I figure I can touch some of these up pretty easily. But could you/anyone else point out specific pictures? I'd prefer not to miss any on my second pass.

Same thing here. The update looks really good, though I'm not entirely sure how to interpret all the mystery boxes. But mystery is a good thing.

W H E R E I S G U A R D I A N C Y O A
H E R E I S G U A R D I A N C Y O A
E R E I S G U A R D I A N C Y O A
R E I S G U A R D I A N C Y O A
E I S G U A R D I A N C Y O A
I S G U A R D I A N C Y O A
S G U A R D I A N C Y O A
G U A R D I A N C Y O A
U A R D I A N C Y O A
A R D I A N C Y O A
R D I A N C Y O A
D I A N C Y O A
I A N C Y O A
A N C Y O A
N C Y O A
C Y O A
Y O A
O A
A

This is really nice. Really solid visuals for a first-timer. The adventure format is uncommon but works really well here. Good job my man.

>The Very Hungry Caterpillar
FATPOSTER! GET IN HERE! WE HAVE A SOLUTION FOR YOU!

>Locations(M2 S4 H3)
Submerged Tunnels, Maintenance Level, Glowing Veins
First priority is sustenance. There should be enough wildlife in Glowing Veins to sustain me for a while, and in a pinch I can get hydrated in the pools. Given the high Symbiosis rating, it is likely my body is already acclimated to the tainted flesh. Maintenance Level can provide a safe haven once I unlock some doors.
>Mysteries
Biological Project LGM, The Great Armory Heist, Watcher in the Dark
Priority here is to get some fucking big fuckin' doom guns to rip the enemy apart. Then find the stalker and rip him a new one. Then find the flesh FUCKING RIP AND TEAR. Sentient Malignant Hivemind High-yield superfood, never take more than one of these. By this point, I'd likely have become super specialized to this medium I would not make it out there.

Be at peace. Know that even now many authors toil to bring you delicious OC. Do not lose faith, the escapism you seek is just beyond the horizon.

So apparently Dream of Genie has DLC now? Do you need to be a Genie yourself to "get it"? I dont understand.

>Flesh caves
>submerged tunnels
>glowing viens
1, 7, 1
>Spore jungle
>Last call
>Watcher in the dark
>Towards the light
>Shrine

Grow a mutation, meet some friends, and get revenge on the raiders. I can deal with this.

Neat cyoa, though a lot of the mysteries' answers don't seem particularly clear.

WHY THE FUCK AM I INCLUDED IN THIS?!

Because you can't contain your gay lust.

Angelanon? Is that you? It's because you need to realize that yuri is bad, and yaoi is the one true light.

Angel, this is what you get for ever trusting Tok.

WRONG

That's a reason for me not want anything to do with this.

No.

All I did was write a story based on one of his CYOAs. It has nothing to do with trust or whatever the heck this is.

You either pick choices from her perspective or for yourself if you are a genie. Most people ignore it.

It's all fucked up, but I can tell this was borrowed from Worm.

>Most people ignore it

I dunno man, that's actually my favorite part of the CYOA. I've only ever made one 'get a genie' build as vs 3 'be a genie'.

Can we agree that creating pdf CYOAs usually kills authors brevity?

Fucked up in what way?

Angel (and user) you must accept our lord and saviour Fujoshinwizard! Yuri is a sinner's path and you'll never be truly happy if you accept such a flawed life!

But what if its all just image files since my next work is gonna be like 20 pages and I dont wana post that shit one at a time?

Letters are all out of order and shit, nearly impossible to read.
Have a screencap.

I've got SDA's guide to visuals sitting somewhere, as well as a dozen "how to do X in gimp" searches in my history

A build! This feels nice.
I should remind you that the weapons in the armory were deemed "unreliable and impractical", and can't move from their power sources anyway. I suppose you could make some defenses out of them, but they wouldn't be much use in the rest of the tunnels.

Thank you. I figure the last of the three boxes is the most confusing. Let me see what I can do.

As your shepherd I will raise my staff and all the self-absorbed author bullshit posts shall be swept to the side, and lo, like the red sea of old, there shall be only CYOA posting and discussion. And when we are done reading the thread, and the authors begin to get bitchy again I shall lower my staff, and like the pharaohs troops, they shall drown in a sea of their own bitching. For I am Choose Your Own Adventure Moses

Thanks. I'm glad it was added on to.

PRAISE HIM! DELIVER US!

You misspelled Berenstein Bears as "Berenstain Bears."

Well, high levels of symbio is pretty horrible. My face is too pretty to be taken over by a tumor.

Lets max magforce I guess. Darkest Chasm, Shafts, Mud Pits.

Mysteries: Across the Great Divide, Watcher in the dark, Last Call, Towards the Light.

Resolution:
Great Divide : Not bad. Will likely be useful eventually.
Last Call: All the free blackmail and tech advances without actually taking the history path. Plus I'm sure the genius can design a shell yeah?
Watcher: Im sure she'd make a nice pet. She'd enjoy the contact.
Light: I bet the ability to punch footholds into the stone walls helps here. And it seems the hunt has begun. I wonder if she is a good fighter. Must not be too bad to have survived for so long. Maybe I'll lend her my slicey toy since I can just punch things
Green Extra: Aw. Glad I could randomly find both of them.

>going for the waifu options
Good build, user.

Ones I really want
>Charlotte's web
>Where's Waldo
>The very hungry caterpillar

What about the magic treehouse books?
Or gregor the overlander (or is that too young adult?)
OH, JEREMY THATCHER DRAGON HATCHER

What is the answer? in that case what is the question?

But I didnt even know they were the waifu options until I waifued them.

Also you's saying I can waifu both of them even given the mystery box yeah ? Well I mean one of them is a machine and will have to design a body anyways I guess.

>Well, high levels of symbio is pretty horrible

No, no, I was complimenting your good taste.

Yuri isn't Heresy. Dicks are and need to be purged with fire, plasma, and lead.

This is really good for a first OC; sorry for have shoehorned a shitty beta of a thing right after it. Unintentional.

> Mud Pits, The Shafts, Darkest Chasm
I want the magical monk option.
>Powers: Soft Landing, Wall Climb, Full-Body Kick, Maximum Output, Whip, Cartography
>Spore Jungle
Remove the gross tumor thing
>Across the Great Divide
Now I'm a Magical Monk with a magic sword.
>The Great Armory Heist
Magical Monk with a magic sword and magic punches
>Toward the Light
Magical Monk beats all their asses.

Fun!

Google it.
I *know*. Believe me. It blew my mind, too.

I am unfamiliar with any of those books, but will look them up and consider them. Thanks for the suggestions!

could a waifu love a monster like me?

By the way, wheres my companion for Towards the Light?

Can someone post the Magical Girl CYOA that starts off with you replacing a magical girl that dies? I believe it was a pdf.

I like this build! Well, not *all* the free tech and blackmail. Do you know everything about the company you work for?

Symbiosis path is a trade-off. While it's overall stronger than Magforce, it comes with the price of difficulty in going out in public.

If quads can't make a waifu love you, nothing can.

You need both puzzle pieces of the same color in order to qualify the optional Mystery Boxes, don't you?

>Symbiosis path is a trade-off. While it's overall stronger than Magforce, it comes with the price of difficulty in going out in public.
Eh, All I need is some sort of full faced helmet and a really big poncho.

I mean. No. But I'm not a super high level main researcher on an extremely important project that could earn the company bajillions of dollars and potentially be unethical and illegal. But ok fine, many free tech and blackmails.

>Dicks are and need to be purged with fire, plasma, and lead.
But Angel! How will they fertilize your eggs then?

Deepest Pit CYOA:
Locations:
>Mud Pits
>The Shafts
>Darkest Chasm
Magforce:
>Soft Landing
>Wall Climb
>Full Body Kick
>Maximum Output
Symbiosis:
>Whip
Historian:
>Cartography
Mysteries:
>Across the Great Divide
>The Great Armory Heist
>Watcher in the Dark
>Towards the Light
Mystery Box:
>Swordsman

I take the bandits on. At this point I'm at anime tier levels of combat ability. Also, gotta set a good example for my robo daughteru.

Please remember that one of those "options" is 20-ish years MIA

I think reuniting an old family will take precedence over starting a new one

She's had a couple decades with nothing to fuck but rocks. It might not occur to her, since anything else with genitalia was either predator or prey. But since you're the first intelligent being she's seen in that time, you've probably got the best shot at her, disfiguration or no.

The CYOA ends at the edge of the pit. I do intend to continue work in its setting, so maybe I can allude to the results of the Deepest Pit.

This would be a great metroidvania platformer

Ye

Hence, difficulty. But yeah, that works

You'll do some fine ass-kicking, user. But you also get a reward!
SECRET PLATINUM MYSTERY BOX

shit's been fucked in the threads I guess, anyway, I'm 60-70% done with my current project so I raise a glass to that mates!

That was my thought exactly. But I don't really know how to make a game, so I turned it into a CYOA instead.

>Loveless fucking
>No shitposting
>Less content