How successful would the greatest living martial artist of our time be in your setting?

How successful would the greatest living martial artist of our time be in your setting?

>Greatest living martial artist.
>Can't beat a old retired boxer.
>Got outboxed by a stoner.
>Promotes a cardio program but doesn't have good cardio.
>Never defended any of his four (4) titles.
>Stripped of his "2 wight champ" after 2 weeks without having a fight.
Just what exactly did he mean by this.

Op didn't "pic related".

Just saying.

Let's switch to Mr Satan.

How well does he do?
He does have legendary Con stat given he got bitchslapped by cell and wasn't dead

Given that it's a Wuxia setting, and that sort of physical training cultivates Chi, upon entering it he'd likely experience a massive power boost. Probably enough to count as at least a Rank 3 Xia out of the gate, well on the way to Rank 2 as he mastered his Chi.

His stats are probably really solid, given he IS the strongest martial artist on earth. It's just that the people he run into have CRs and levels way beyond just level 20 monk.

I have the animated corpse of the greatest dead martial artist of our time working for me, so...

I run Exalted, so I figure the greatest martial artist irl would be pretty likely to exalt. If they didn't, they'd still be powerful, since it's a kung-fu setting.

Here's the thing I never understood. Goku and friends used their powers during the tournmanet when they were kids and before Satan shows up. Piccolo nukes an entire island and people have seen goku and friends use Kamehameha and Tien use his special abilities.

Satan can neither fly nor use ki and he's the reigning champion of the martial arts tournament

How? Especially when Tien is not only alive but has his own school where he's actively teaching students.

Knock it off, Jun

Because once Goku fucked off none of the Z fighters cared

Nice.

Mr Satan is like, legit, the greatest non ki-using martial artist on Earth. He's probably a badass.

I wonder if he could take Yamcha.

That bulge.

Its because toriyama is a fucking terrible writer but more than anything its because he doesn't give a FUCK

Dragonball (including z) would be one of the best anime series of all time of it had good writing. Instead its just one of the most influential and successful.

Yamcha has (unfortunately) turned into a punch line, but he is still an unbelievable superhuman badass compared to normal humans, and that includes Satan.

>How?

Toriyama is a hack who doesn't actually into any world building.
Beyond the Z-Fighters, nobody really exists or is important. Nothing happens unless the Z-Fighters are somehow involved and even to go further: nothing of substance or importance happens unless Goku is around or involved.

If Toriyama respected his own setting you'd be seeing dozens if not hundreds of other people on earth popping up every year who're just as powerful if not more so than when the saiyans originally showed up on earth. You'd also have more "original" or unique peoples and techniques then just literally kicking, punching, throwing an orb of energy, or kamehameing someone.

>the greatest living martial artist of our time
ernesto hoost?

I would like to point out a few things from dragon ball that pokes a hole in that theory. First two characters made a point of killing off the more promising fighters that they ran across. Those being mercenary tao and king piccolo. In the case of king piccolo he had minions actively looking powerful martial artists to kill in order to remove possible threats.

Second master roshi points out that for a martial artist to improve the need to a have goal. That is why he entered the fist world martial arts tournament that goku was part of under a false name. He knew that non of more skilled martial artists were in that years tournament and goku would easily win it. If he did that he would of lost his goal.

Third z-fighter stop going to the lime light/ entering the worlds martial arts tournament. The end effect is that it became a case of second and third fighters trying to overcome each other. The bar of being the strongest KNOWN martial artist fell by a lot.

He's clearly wearing a cup

Tyson would do well as a bodyguard or backguard. Donnie Yen may make a pretty penny teaching Wing Chun to monks. Saenchai would be a 10/10 monk himself.

Didn't the announcer comment that after Piccolo Jr much destroyed the venue at the end of DB, the tournaments stopped altogether for a while?

Mr. Satan swore to never use ki techniques or anything he considers 'cheating' after Tao killed his master.

Well, from the Piccolo Jr saga, all the way to Cell...the Z fighters were dead, too busy, or had no reason to join the tournament. Like, they were training from the Saiyan saga, and either dead or on namek, then there's a relatively short break, Goku makes it back, and its android time.

Ofcourse there's people like Nam, but there's no real reason for him to continue showing up to tournaments since his people were fed. He also didn't have ki powers, so Hercule could've possibly beat him too.

It really pisses me off how everyone becomes useless apart from goku. I started watching Super and even the closest thing to him, vegeta, is now a cowering retard who makes villains food.

In D&D 4e he'd likely make a very good Brawler Fighter. High Heroic to Mid Paragon most likely.

Because after Goku won against Piccolo, nobody really gave a shit about the tournament since Goku had to raise families and all. It's implied that they haven't spoken to one another in years as well.

Wait...seriously? When did that happen?

Hercule is obviously a Warlord though. Nothing but CHA and STR out the ass with a bit of Luck on the side.

With his 18 Cha, he would be a great bard.