/exg/ Exalted General Chat

What is Exalted?
An epic high-flying role-playing game about reborn god-heroes in a world that turned on them.
Start here: theonyxpath.com/category/worlds/exalted/

>That sounds cool, how can I get into it?
Read the 3e core book (link below). For mechanics of the old edition, play this tutorial: mengtzu.github.io/exalted/sakuya.html
. It’ll get you familiar with most of the mechanics.

>Gosh that was fun. How do I find a group?
Roll20 and the Game Finder General here on Veeky Forums.

>Resources for Older Editions
pastebin.com/GihMPwV8

Resources for Third Edition
>3E Core and Splats
mediafire.com/folder/b54o6teut3fx6/Exalted_3e

>Arms of the Chosen Previews
dropbox.com/s/15xddoahzedtkwu/Arms of the Chosen Preview.docx?dl=0
drive.google.com/file/d/0B7FqViticwNuam9lbVJBWFhJM2s/view

>Dragonblooded Charm Previews:
theonyxpath.com/dragon-blooded-charms-preview-exalted/
theonyxpath.com/the-elemental-aura-dragon-blooded-pt-2-exalted/
theonyxpath.com/signature-charms-dragon-blooded-pt-3-exalted/

>Other Ex3 Resources
pastebin.com/fG1mLMdu

>New NPCs and a Behemoth rework
pastebin.com/sRPqtNqU

old thread SWLIHN is your waifu edition.

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/RPRRWiZN
pastebin.com/FCZPQt64
docs.google.com/document/d/1_eMBIX4SdFns4UvP-NSlglcZDiY44X8t2_jO6NiDef8/edit?usp=sharing
docs.google.com/document/d/1Qp1rHy1Tm-jQBWEtPIj1G4JSol9xYFCRBEnZZKNm1K4/edit?usp=sharing
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>SWLIHN is your waifu edition.
Excuse you, Ipithymia best waifu.

From the previous thread: Yes, that was pleasing to the Ebon Dragon.

For those who are curious, I used Cyan's stats, upgraded to E3. The relevant Charms were Loom-Snaring Deception and the E3 upgrade. (Admittedly, Infernal Excellencies lose a lot of their shine in 3E.)

Which of the Yozi has Charms for being a ranged character? IM is right out, and Malfeas' Charms can help, but do any others? I think Adorjan is right out as well

Ebon Dragon has a few, mainly the Life-Blighting Emptiness line.

Are those currently being converted for 3e? Been out of the loop for a while

Exorcising Demons was a Thaumaturgy in 3e, wasn't it?

I don't know. 3E Infernals will be completely different, apparently.

Not really.
>The two dot ritual allows an exorcist with a specialty in demonology, and with a specialty in knowledge of a specific demon, to drive that demon out of a host, causing spirit to flee into a clay vessel, statue, tree, cattle or other proxy for a month and a day. This ritual’s procedure is the same as that of one to drive out a ghost, save that it uses the demon’s Resolve as a difficulty. A sorcerer who has bound a sealed demon may free it by commanding it out of the containing vessel—if she can find it.
>There is another two dot version of a demonic exorcism that involves forcing a spirit back into its sanctum, but this works for no more than a single night, has a goal number of (the spirit’s Willpower x2), and a terminus of three, after which the same exorcist may not attempt to banish it for a year and a day.
Exorcism is not really a thing, except for Sorcerous Workings I guess?

Is drawing Linguistics or Craft?
I want to say Linguistics but it's probably Craft, isn't it?

>Ebeli Quest
>A Green Sun Illuminates the Void
>Alchemical Solutions
>Swallows of the South
>Exaltwitch
>Conquest Quest
>Lawgiver of a New Age
>Scroll of Exalted Ponies
>Keychain of Creation
>Whispers of the Neverborn
>Cast in Gold
>Glorious Shotgun Princess
>Fiend (Worm/Exalted)
>Zenith (same)
>Almighty Engine, Infernal Thunder
There's also the Manse of Ivy, but the site's borked.

>>Alchemical Solutions
>>Fiend (Worm/Exalted)
>>Zenith (same)
>>Conquest Quest
>All this Worm shit
But Worm is shit why would you do this to someone?

I'm making them for a homebrew conversion whenever I get around to it.

Officially? No clue.

What is wrong with worm?

Hey man, it's not my list.

Horribly terribly written

So here are my basic thoughts, I can explain in more detail if necessary:

The fans can be annoying. The main character becomes a supervillain. You occasionally see fans not really grasping that the protagonist of a story is not always in the right.
You also see some stuff like ridiculous amounts of a hate for some characters.

The story is nice. especially considering it is essentially a first draft.

I don't think it works that well as a crossover, due to certain elements of the setting.
The endbringers, and Scion are plot tumors for fanfiction. Stuff like Cauldron makes people incredibly asshurt, and so sometimes counts as a plot tumor for fanfiction.

Advent of the God-Harem King

When did you last play Exalted?

I'm sort of in one right now.

>Using phone during a session

share?

3e thaumaturgy is a tumor of boring used to artificially make exalt's sorcery even cooler by comparison. just houserule 2e thaumaturgy back in. "it is if you say it is" just give your special unique thaumaturge(because they only ever get the one special unique power anyway) the ability to exorcise. being entirely up to st fiat on a "things just happen" case by case basis makes it more "magical" apparently.

many things. mainly the fanbase, but wildbow is a bit of a diva and doesn't write as good as he thinks he do

From what I hear 2e Thaumaturgy was fine aside from some silly stuff like mass produced Exalt Detectors and Horse Breeding.

pacing

worm fans don't understand the concept of unreliable narrator. taylor is too good at rationalizing and sucked most fanfic writers in to her horribly skewed pov

exactly! 2e thaumaturgy was fine, a tiny handful of procedures should be cut or rewritten, and it maybe needed to be about 1/3rd the price for exalts that it was for mortals, especially after they said essence couldn't substitute for regents/tools(again, because of a handful of procedures abuse of which would have been slapped down by st in the first place)

but it got caught up as part of the 3e antimagitech purge for "sufficiently analyzed magic, removed the mystery herpaderp", and because exalts didn't generally use it nobody cared to object on the onyx path forum (that hadn't already been banned as trolls for something inconsequential like saying they didn't like the new glyphs as much as the old ones) so we got 3e's bland sack of shit in it's place.

it wouldn't even have been difficult to just add both.
name the new inherited unlearnable stuff of seemingly random power "mysticism" and let the two exist side by side. because I can definitely see it having it's place, but there was no need to replace the old tricks mortals could learn.

I don't remember him boasting about his writing or making a fuss about anything.

The fanbase definitely has some issues.

honestly, I think the issue was Varang.

I think its existence meant that virtually all forms of thaumaturgy had to be held up to the scrutiny of "what if an entire society of people did this" and it's hard to have anything cool if you do that

Not exactly.

It's Craft unless you're talking about calligraphy, which is Linguistics. Used to be Craft (Air) in 2E, in 3E it's Craft (Horribly Outdated Subset Mechanic).

Secret power of Parian running joke went sour

>Alchemical Solutions
>Conquest Quest
Does someone wanna tell me whether the heroes and villains in Worm murder each other? Because lack of murder is what utterly prevents me from reading most comics.

>Lawgiver of a New Age
Holy fuck that sounds like a terrible crossover. Goddamn.

What happened with that?

>Lawgiver of a New Age
Holy fuck that sounds like a terrible crossover. Goddamn.

What's that one about?

>Does someone wanna tell me whether the heroes and villains in Worm murder each other? Because lack of murder is what utterly prevents me from reading most comics.

Yes, they do kill each other (it wouldn't exactly be murder in most of the cases we saw). I don't remember how much exactly, but it happens.

>Does someone wanna tell me whether the heroes and villains in Worm murder each other? Because lack of murder is what utterly prevents me from reading most comics.

Worm is a semi-realistic (inb4 screeching autists) take on the genre, so there are murders, mass-murderers, and heroes that get killed. Some even by the heroine.

You should read it if only because it's a cult classic. Though you shouldn't expect a deep profound plot and questionings. Some chapters still verge on the good occasionally.

>Lawgiver of a New Age

Miracles of Ancient Wonder is somewhat approaching the half decent as far as fanfictions for exalted starved go. Leagues better than Lawgiver of a New Age in any case.

Be warned that the author of MoAW has a very bad case of show-don't-tell that go far beyond the range of sanity, often forgoing whole important conversations altogether and only showing the characters' reactions to those important conversations afterward. It is needlessly cryptic for the sake of it.

>What happened with that?
he deliberately stirred up and poked speculation because he liked people guessing what brilliant twist it could be(claimed to already have it written and made it a game that if anybody guessed he'd publish the snippit), and then suddenly out of the blue decided it pissed him off and claimed even though it had been guessed he was going to add one month delay for every guess(retroactively), person asking why it wasn't out yet, and even the slightest mention for any reason. people started arguing between one group calling him a baby and the far larger group talking about how he didn't actually mean it and it sowballed from there. iirc it was up to not being published til 2025.

then "dude, if you don't actually have an answer that's fine, just admit it." "everybody knows wildbow is a troll, why did you guys take it serious" and "he was probably just winding you up, but said we could guess in case we said something he liked and decided to retroactively adopt as the true reason"
got the interval extended to years. which just proves they're right even though those were joke replies.

tldr worm fans are annoying, wildbow is a troll, and honestly wildbow what did you expect?

I thought the delay thing was a joke. Like the one on if you call Gabe Newell fat Half life 3 gets delayed.

and then because of it's "update as written" first draft format wildbow writes himself into a corner where he'd have to write the protectorate from scratch since he just finished burning it down, timeskips away an entire third of the story to hit the next point in his outline rather than miss a scheduled update, after which pacing goes off a cliff and characterization out the window as he mostly just publishes the rest of the outline in a fit of runaway escalation because wildbow is the kind of guy who thinks the finale of the fireworks display should be a big pile of fireworks all set off at once with no coordination or higher planning, and this pile should contain at least as many fireworks as have already been used.

Pact has the same problem, except he never got his mindset wound down from the worm finale. the whole story reads like post timeskip worm's halfway fleshed out outline where stuff just happens. his stories start streetlevel gritty and end in a marvel/dc crisis event, and it takes about 4 months time in story to happen, total. which is a shame because pact would have been really cool if he took it more slowly and if he didn't always make the "final bossfight" doom's hell level as found in a jrpg that was suddenly switched to the 'bullet hell' genre. his stories always end the exact same way.

pact's epilogue was much better though. I liked that vs worm's feeling tacked on. so he is getting better

I think it was.

Mostly the cancerous fanbase that can't help but go through the same things as in canon with very little in the way of meaningful changes. 99% of all Worm fics/quests are the same as canon, but with different powers.

Whoever makes the next thread, please add these to the 3e NPC pastebin.

Rantai: pastebin.com/RPRRWiZN

Mouse of the Sun: pastebin.com/FCZPQt64

Also if anyone has Elephant/Mammoth and Fulope from the newest Hundred Devils Night Parade, that'd be nice.

Who says Exigent don't have Great Curse?

Is it wrong of me to want to play a chosen of secrets who has autism?

I want to be an expert in REEEEEEEdacting information

How does the Great Curse manifest in Sidereals again? It could be in line with what you want.

Fiend is actually good

Worm is shit for a variety of reasons and like said Wildbow is not as great of an author as he thinks he is and is a troll and a bit of an asshole. He really likes wanking his setting and making things as cynical as possible. I think the world is fucked up, greed rules, the government is both corrupt and incompetent but Wildow takes it to the next level. If you talk to him you will realize that he thinks everyone in any position of authority is inherently a selfish asshole.

Most Worm fans that I see seem to think that Worm is the next great literary work. That it is the most perfect divine piece of writing and that Wildow is a genius because it is the most realistic piece of fiction ever.

Worm has a lot of world building but not a lot of it is good.

Worm also has walking plot device known as Contessa who can be used to explain away anything that doesn't make sense. Wildow also flip flops on how much powers influence their host in regards to creating conflict.

The fanfiction is like 99% the same shit recycled over and over.

Villains do kill each other sometimes. Heroes on the other hand are forbidden from using lethal force unless a person has a kill order. The heroes are like cops not being able to use lethal force against a gangbangers with machine guns. You have a hero get into a bunch of trouble for almost killing a mass murdering gang boss.

>Worm is a semi-realistic
Hah! Yeah right. Call me autistic all you want but no Worm isn't realistic in the slightest. Admittedly its more realistic than other superhero setting but that's not saying much.

>Wildow also flip flops on how much powers influence their host in regards to creating conflict.

I'm pretty sure he hasn't said that.

Even with in worm itself, we see that it varies from host to host.

So how much Limit is too much for you guys? I'm in a couple Exalted. One, which I really like, unfortunately runs into occasional mechanical clashes with the Storyteller; they keep slipping Limit for stuff that isn't exactly a Trigger or opposing an Intimacy (but is usually at least related) and occasionally hand out straight points. They really want to run Limit Break scenes and although fantastic in many regards, the stress over clashes on the subject of Limit and certain other mechanics is frustrating. The most reason was after a vignette I wrote for my character, watching a friend die; no Intimacy was really involved but the Storyteller suggested (lightly, not forcefully) that I take a point of Limit and became unhappy when I balked. Am I being unreasonable? How do you use Limit, Veeky Forums? Should I stop stressing and learn to love the madness or should the terror of Limit remain leashed to its rarity? How do we compromise on an issue that has us both at ends?

I'm not that guy, but here's mine. Compatible with Sandact's thing; the TL;DR is Infernals have a 5m, 1wp action called Shintai that is indefinite until dismissed, obviously inhuman, and applies (10 + Essence x 2) points worth of Shintai effects. Everything else is obvious.

docs.google.com/document/d/1_eMBIX4SdFns4UvP-NSlglcZDiY44X8t2_jO6NiDef8/edit?usp=sharing

Hey looks like someone is doing my work for me. Awesome!

> He really likes wanking his setting and making things as cynical as possible.

How does one wank their own setting?

>I think the world is fucked up, greed rules, the government is both corrupt and incompetent but Wildow takes it to the next level. If you talk to him you will realize that he thinks everyone in any position of authority is inherently a selfish asshole.

I am pretty sure this exaggerates things.

Note that the main character is in conflict with the authorities due to being a villain, so they are going to be biased.

>Most Worm fans that I see seem to think that Worm is the next great literary work. That it is the most perfect divine piece of writing and that Wildow is a genius because it is the most realistic piece of fiction ever.

>The fanfiction is like 99% the same shit recycled over and over.

Mostly accurate.

>Hah! Yeah right. Call me autistic all you want but no Worm isn't realistic in the slightest. Admittedly its more realistic than other superhero setting but that's not saying much.

only since you insist:
your an autist

>Worm is the next great literary work

It's not high literature, but it does represent a watermark of success for a new mode of self-publishing, and it didn't achieve that success by being unpopular.

> I think the world is fucked up, greed rules, the government is both corrupt and incompetent but Wildow takes it to the next level

You're probably a European; Wildbow's most corrupt setting elements are pretty optimistic by American standards. The government is mostly decent people with a few blinded by intense passions or submitting their morals to realpolitik.The people who are evil for the fuck of it are clearly insane and not just greedy.

Also, when people say Worm is realistic, they really mean it's smart. Comic books traditionally use a lot of handwaving and vagary that Worm generally tries to avoid with a heavy focus on tactics, information gathering and use, and logic. It's not that the setting is realistic or models a high-verisimilitude world, it's that the setting is CONSIDERED.

>Exalted General - Wildblow edition

This thread has been worm infected.

bureaucracy stereotypes to 11. if there are three sids in a room they'll make at least 4 political factions working against eachother. the more sids on a project the less optimal the result.

as individuals they get something far more minor(like solar's limitbreaks vs longterm madness) where they just up and do.../something/ related to their caste without consulting anybody or thinking through whether it's a good idea.

so a secrets sid would either blab classified info or refuse to tell you what he had for breakfast as if it were a state secret.>I'm not that guy, but here's mine. Compatible with Sandact's thing; the TL;DR is Infernals have a 5m, 1wp action called Shintai that is indefinite until dismissed, obviously inhuman, and applies (10 + Essence x 2) points worth of Shintai effects. Everything else is obvious.
>docs.google.com/document/d/1_eMBIX4SdFns4UvP-NSlglcZDiY44X8t2_jO6NiDef8/edit?usp=sharing

this is infernal dbt

>You're probably a European; Wildbow's most corrupt setting elements are pretty optimistic by American standards

lol

>when people say Worm is realistic, they really mean it's smart. Comic books traditionally use a lot of handwaving and vagary that Worm generally tries to avoid

more lol

Hey kids? Seriously. Stop it with with the "it's popular so it sucks" worm trash talk, and get back to Exalted. We haven't got the time for that shit.

What's the charm that makes this happen?

taboo inflicting diatribe?

Worm powers are blatantly magic. The fact that any worm character given a chance to speak on the subject autistically screeches about how they are obviously science does not make them scientific. It makes them flat earth atheists.
Although to be fair taylor is a bitch, Glorygirl is blond, and the only other people who ever actually do that are in fanfiction not the original work.
"bekuz spacewhales" is not a more nuanced explanation than "speedforce". In fact it's probably /less/ of an explanation than if Taylor Hebert was bitten by a radioactive termite queen and thus gained the arachnid's radiation enhanced pheromones. ;)

The character shields and author favoritism are blatant, and Taylor's bugs all have superpowers of their own.

The view we get of worm's government isn't even accurate for worm's setting, let alone a reasonable extrapolation of America. You're an idiot for thinking the second, and your reading comprehension is weak for the first. Look up unreliable narrator and then realize that Skitter is nuts and a supervillain.

Sooo...how bout them anathema?

Personally I think the Siddies did nothing wrong. fite me

I would go so far as to say that the Primordials should not have been usurped. Things went to ass when the Solars booted them, and it's not like they didn't have ridiculously easy access to Wyld Shaping Technique. Just leave. Make your own damn pleasuredome

He has said contradictory things on how much shards influence their hosts in regards to creating conflicts. Some posts have him saying that the shards constantly drive their hosts to create conflict even if there were no reasons to because they have to fight while other posts have him saying that the shards to don't influence their hosts at all except in rare cases like Rachel or Leet and that all the conflict is pure human nature.

>How does one wank their own setting?
Endbringer cores being denser than entire galaxies when people started discussing ways to fight them.

>I am pretty sure this exaggerates things.
>Note that the main character is in conflict with the authorities due to being a villain, so they are going to be biased.
I'm not talking about Worm itself, though it and PRT quest shows examples of it, but actual discussions with the author. He really does think like this.

>It's not high literature, but it does represent a watermark of success for a new mode of self-publishing, and it didn't achieve that success by being unpopular.
That is true but I see so many of its fans treat it like its the greatest thing ever written in regards to its actual writing quality and content.

>You're probably a European; Wildbow's most corrupt setting elements are pretty optimistic by American standards.
I'm pureblooded American living in California where our state politicians are complete idiots and love spending money we don't have.

>Also, when people say Worm is realistic, they really mean it's smart. Comic books traditionally use a lot of handwaving and vagary that Worm generally tries to avoid with a heavy focus on tactics, information gathering and use, and logic. It's not that the setting is realistic or models a high-verisimilitude world, it's that the setting is CONSIDERED.
Somewhat. But like I said its better than most superhero stories but you can't use realistic to describe it.

>Sandcat
This?
docs.google.com/document/d/1Qp1rHy1Tm-jQBWEtPIj1G4JSol9xYFCRBEnZZKNm1K4/edit?usp=sharing

One of my character's Allies is an old war-buddy who exalted as an Outcaste in their (disastrous) last battle together, and in the 6 years since has risen the ranks of the Legion and reached the rank of General. Would such a character be able to marry a dynast, would he be accepted into any of the Scarlet Houses, and if so which houses would be most likely to take him?

pic unrelated

How the fuck do Yasal Crystals work? Can I only use them for Eclispe charms, or can I use them for any charms, or can I use them for charms and merits?

>Whispers of the Neverborn
It's CHORUS of the Neverborn!

Even Outcastes generally Exalt relatively young, and rising to the rank of general in six years after one's Exaltation is completely implausible. IIRC training in Pasiap's Stair alone takes years for those Lost Eggs who want to join the legions. A succesful Outcase could conceivably marry a Dynast, though. Probably a mortal one, but possibly an Exalt if the marriage offers some advantage that makes up for the Outcaste's weak or at least unknown breeding. He'd be unlikely to be adopted into any House, however, although Tepet in its current state might make an exception.

6 years was just a rough guestimate; I'll make it 10 or more years when I submit the character.
This character was a bit of a prodigy for tactics, and was already in the Legion for a fair bit before he exalted, so I don't think it would take THAT long for him to become a general, or at least highly ranked.

Sids did everything wrong but Firecrotch did nothing wrong.

I'm sorry

why do my players always seem to want to restore the sun cult? what has that crackhead done for anybody lately? it's not like he doesn't get a all unlabeled prayer anyway, or that he even asked the zenith to do so.

>He has said contradictory things on how much shards influence their hosts in regards to creating conflicts. Some posts have him saying that the shards constantly drive their hosts to create conflict even if there were no reasons to because they have to fight while other posts have him saying that the shards to don't influence their hosts at all except in rare cases like Rachel or Leet and that all the conflict is pure human nature.

Cite?

>Endbringer cores being denser than entire galaxies when people started discussing ways to fight them.

That isn't what he said. The whole "Galaxy level durability" thing did have stuff supporting it in Canon.

>I'm not talking about Worm itself, though it and PRT quest shows examples of it, but actual discussions with the author. He really does think like this.

Cite?

>That isn't what he said

I meant that wasn't exactly what he said.

this is better than that other one(that made them ability based). hope he does szoreny next

that was supposed to sound more flattering than it came out as

That? It is a highly reasonable interpretation in 2e (though in 3e I don't know if things changed with Gorken and Morken).

Before the Primordial War, everything was pretty good for everyone, except maybe the humans. Sure, from times to times there was that mega Primordial hurricane that destroyed part of Creation, but aside of that, everything was right. The gods worked their jobs. Creation had 9000% more concepts worked into it by their rightful Architects. The super conceptual trains were on time. Beauty never seen ever since was worked into Cities that were soul crushingly wonderful. Humans died routingly witnessing the beauty of Creation.

The Wyld was not only controlled, but the Primordials' bitch. There were no Neverborns. No Underworld. Creation was just working as intended.

The Primordial war destroyed countless concepts, the most beautiful piece of art and architecture of the Primordials, the natural defence of Creation against the Wyld, created the Underworld, the Neverborns. It all went to shit with this war.

I want a Solar circle that has dream of that age and want Creation to become great again by freeing the Yozis.

They may not have done anything wrong back when they masterminded the Usurpation, but a lot of them are doing plenty of things wrong in the Age of Sorrows. Chejop Kejack, in particular, is - understandably but unfortunately - too blinded by the past to calmly and rationally assess the threats and possibilities of the present.

Just freeing the Yozi or healing them and coercing them to be not as antagonistic as well?

My doomed Solar circle sensor want them to free the Yozis, whatever it got. Realistically though, freeing the Yozis would make Creation worse. You need to heal them first.

I fucking love the three spheres cataclysm. A lot of autism don't like it, but I do. There this theme in Exalted that every usurpation had a pretty good reason, but diminished Creation further. The three spheres cataclysm? Before the Primordial war there was this concept of Hykios and this natural force of Abolus. It was so beautiful. You have no idea. The rainbow of Abolus in a Hykios morning in the city of Jal? The most beautiful thing you can imagine.

But it was erased in the war. We created a first age of wonders and incredible magic. But we never captured the rainbow of Abolus in a Hykios morning.

>The rainbow of Abolus in a Hykios morning in the city of Jal? The most beautiful thing you can imagine.
Shit got nothing on Hire singing over Topka while it drinwed around the edoling Guref tho

None of the usurpations did nothing wrong

Are you sure you're a fan of Exalted and not Primordial: The Primordialing?

I don't think the blame for this can be laid solely at the feet of 2e, but I don't like the idea that the primordial war was the greatest thing the Exalted ever did and no accomplishment can ever measure up to that. It ties directly into certain parts of the fanbase explaining almost every significant setting element as being related to the war/primordials somehow. Why does X exist? Primordial War.

The overthrow of the old rulers of the universe should just be as important as was presented in the 1e corebook - a glorious history of the exalted, establishing the scale and stakes of these wuxia heroes, but not really significant beyond that. Hell, you can already see 3e doing this in both the corebook and the Arms of the Chosen previews.

how would you feel about a 2e thaumaturgy to make graves that are resistant to necromancy. like if you take the body out of the grave nothing stops you raising it, if you target it individually the grave is too weak to stop you, but those enmass automatic type effects get stopped. like a midnight abyssal's "i raise corpses just by being nearby" or that super lowlevel necromancy thing that looks similar. possibly also traps hungry ghosts but doesn't technically stop them

OnLy ThIngs I DOn'T LIkE AbOUt It ArE ThAt ThErE Isn'T MOrE Of It(ThE COrE GrOUp FOr ExAmpLE Isn'T FInIshEd YEt), ThAt It TrEAts InfErnAL MOnstEr StyLE LIkE A YOzI FOr SOmE WEIrd REAsOn, And ThAt It UsEs ThE DEmOnIc BEAstmAn TrAnsfOrmAtIOn In PLAcE Of ShIntAIs BUt AgrEE ThAt ThIs Is BEttEr ThAn GOIng WIth AbILIty BAsEd SO YOU CAn CLOnE SOLAr SUpErnAtUrALs. ALsO ThE FLUff SEctIOn BUt ThAt DOEsn'T MAttEr AnywAy.

EvErythIng ELsE AbOUt ThIs Is AwEsOmE And I CAn'T WAIt FOr ThE REst SO I WILL COmE TO YOUr HOUsE And StArE WhILE YOU TypE And MAybE BrEAk YOUr LEg SO YOU CAn'T LEAvE TIL YOU FInIsh BUt WE'LL CrOss ThAt BrIdgE WhEn I'M FOrcEd TO GEt ThErE By YOUr TrOUbLIng LAck Of PrOgrEss.

It COULd BE BEttEr, BUt ThAt'S SUbjEctIvE And It'S StILL ThE BEst InfErnAL POrt SO FAr. NOt TO DIscOUrAgE AnybOdy ELsE DOIng ThE SAmE Of COUrsE MOrE VErsIOns Is ALwAys BEttEr

At LEAst YOU HAvE AdOrjAn ChArms ALrEAdy

There, like, a secret message in that random capitalization, or did you just have a stroke.

Monday.

Its the mockery font.

I thought it was a Homestuck thing

nO It jUsT seeMEd LikE a FunNY WaY tO TyPE SomEThiNG I inTENTionaLly MadE SOunD CReEpy. But waS Not moCKERy meaNT The Part ABOut waNTiNg MOre. HanDY OnlINE CONvertEr ForSTickyCAps So nO ExtrAWorK imPULse. nOTREally GoNnA bReAk HiS lEg FoR eXaMpLe

iNdEeD bUt I tRaNcEnD tHaT pIlE oF sUcK

> • He can bind the spirit’s Essence into an object, creating an artifact rated at half the spirit’s Essence (round up). The Storyteller designs the artifact, based on the powers of the spirit. The artifact lasts only a year and a day, however, before the spirit goes free.

Wait, so could a Sidereal just craft stuff by summoning and beating up demons?

This is neither funny nor creepy. It made your entire way of typing obnoxious, and you look like an attention whore 14 year old who just thought that homestuck was the bestest thing ever, and the best way to show it off is to roleplay your favorite character on Veeky Forums.

Since countermagic isn't a thing how do you get rid of active spells like the maggot vomit thing?
Sorcerous Working?

that's what distortions are for
don't you just kinda fuck with it til it pops and throws magic all over the place?

why

this is Veeky Forums but you still must have standards. you are an unreadable toddler

No, 2e tried to make everything thaumaturgy, like literally everything. Eventually, you wouldn't have been able to do perfectly normal tasks without it. So, it got hit like a pinata, and a lot of things that used to be thaum are not just ordinary rolls in 3e.

And speaking of problems from 2e...

>not just
meant to say now just ordinary rolls.