Getting ready to play a cleric with 6 int...

Getting ready to play a cleric with 6 int, normally I play with at least average intelligence so I'm looking for examples

Int score is just for nerds. As long as you keep your charisma above 10, you're a born leader and someone men will follow to their deaths. Leave the Int-cucks in their labcoats.

Trying to think of more "6 int" characters. not, non functional retarded, just a bit dumb

Simple but wise.
Small words, but the sentense carry heavy meaning.

You didn't study very hard at the seminary, but you're a normal, functional human.

Don't you need 7 INT to understand language?

No, you need 3 Int. But let me put it like this OP is still functionally retarded. Since 7 int is the lowest a human can get naturally.

He's dumber than the average Orc and about as smart as a particularly stupid one.

I think that's 4

I'm what system?

Looks like you've already got a great example right there. Hal's about as smart as a stump.

like an ogryn who loves the emperor

Just be yourself.

>not 3 int, 18+ wis.

Make him a priest that's spent so much of his life in the church he doesn't understand how the outside world functions

6 int, 18 wis

Might help if i explain further, she's a warforged cleric of Thor tempest domain high con/wis

>worships Thor
7 is average then

Druids, Shamans, and other clerics that don't have any formal education because they were raised in the wild, but have great insight, intuition, and wisdom.

Smart in regards to my God and religion but dumb/ignorant in the ways of everything elsem

This is the only excuse to play an evangelical

>tfw wizards are better at religion and nature skills

IQ = 10*INT

Everything is by the book unless somebody tricks you. Take all of your god's tenants literally.

This is the most helpful, thank you!

Watch any debate between creationists and atheists.

Hey, come on man. Atheists aren't that stupid.

The perfect example is in your pic, OP

I feel like 6 int is dangerously close to actually retarded.

It pretty much is. Low int does not mean you're ignorant, it means you retain less information than the average person, and in turn understand less. So yes, when your intelligence is a few steps above an animal or child while you're an adult, you're functionally retarded.

Came to post roughly this but he/she posted better.

So... like Gump?

>Hal Jordan had extreme wisdom but low cha and even lower int.
>Kyle Ranner had decently high charisma and some intelligence but not the highest wis for a green lantern cleric
>John Stewart was a reasonably high wis and above average charisma but also not very intelligent

Let's face it. Being a pawn to the guardian's mistakes means you're not gonna be the brightest bulb.

at least not a human lantern... done of the alien ones were pretty smart

You're forgetting this paragon of willpower.

Yeah, Gump is a pretty good example actually

You're welcome. Veeky Forums is full of shitlords these days, figured Id be actually helpful.

Usually the Lantern intelligence ratings go

1) John Stewart
2) Guy Gardner
3) Hal on a good day
4) Kyle "I'mapunchDeathstroke" Rayner
5) Modern Hal
6) Classic stupid Hal

Bas and Power Ring aren't on the list since I really haven't kept up with them. Also, an excuse to post stupid Hal panels.

Every time you have an idea about what's going on in game, flip a coin. Heads, the character has the same idea. Tails, they don't.

Don't go overboard on "I'm dumb." Int 6 is someone who hasn't received any education, but that doesn't mean they have no cunning.

"Tenets", user, it's "tenet".

A "tenant" is someone who's renting a room or an apartment.

Sorry, English isnt my first language.

Low intelligence high wisdom is an uneducated person full of common sense.
High intelligence low wisdom is highly educated no common sense.
Best summed as Edith Bunker vs Richard Nixon.

No worries, just remember it for the future. And I'm sure there're plenty of native speakers who wouldn't have known it either.

>Best summed as Edith Bunker vs Richard Nixon.
I read those books!

Sounds like I have some reading to do

But we're all the tenants of Eden! For god has leased us this land that we might make it a paradise for his glory.

If you have good wis, play up the Socratic wisdom.

"Well sir, I ain't smart. I don't know too much, but I know I don't know too much."

Communism.

Literally take your god's temants. Kidnap all other clerics.

This man owns a weapon that puts the power of creation on his fingertips, and gives him power rivaling even Superman.

I love Hal, his stupidity is part of his charm

How does John "BEAMS" Stewart show intelligence? At least the others tend to be creative with their rings occasionally. Ring creativity is clearly INT based.

John stewert was an engineer and most of his constructs were actually built from the ground up, glowing green nuts and bolts and all.

But user, wisdom determines how street-smart you are. Intelligence is all about book learning, so a high int low wis character is a bookish know-it-all who doesn't function in broader society.

In a surprising twist, the low int cleric thinks that the tenets of his religion are just metaphors and while he takes them seriously he doesn't really think they represent the absolute truth. That may irk his deity once he becomes powerful enough to draw its personal attention.

So he's a conscientious catholic who ignores the worst parts of the bible and just wants to help people.

Fair enough, i admit my experience was him doing nothing but shooting out beams via cartoons.

6 int is a dog. You are literally playing cleric good boy.

Yeah the cartoons aren't representative at all.

Jordan was a fighter pilot which would have required him to have at least a masters degree, usually in Aerophysics

Steward was US Marine smart enough to get the fuck out, and he was an architect.

Kyle was an artist. Out of all of them he would have the lowest int because he got a fucking humanities degree.

The others would all have at LEAST 12-13 int.

3 INT
4 WIS
18 luck

Do you have a page number where this is represented?

obvious example

I really gotta applaud /pol/s ability to make everything about them

I really gotta applaud you for being such an assblasted retard and thereby representing exactly what this thread is about

As off-topic as this is, I think it works.
At 6 Int, your intelligence would be pretty much at the level of a political cartoon.
More specifically, the opinion that the writer disagrees with.

Intelligence really isn't that important for day to day functioning. There's a reason very few animals on Earth have intelligence anywhere near the human level.

I don't know what Int score a sheep would have, but where I live we have more sheep than people and farmers spend their whole lives making sure the sheep are disease and parasite free.

Play off low Int as uncreative, usually. Not much to think outside the box, not likely to solve a puzzle. Perfectly competent at everyday functioning. Hell, low Int + excellent at basic mathematics isn't too much of a stretch.

Stop making warforged characters you dumbfuck or at the least don't give them classes which don't at all fit such a "race".

Your next post is a fedora picture.

>assblasted retardation
thanks for being so topical

>not fearing whether or not sentience constitutes having a soul
>not hoping you die in glorious battle and are granted an afterlife filled with that which you were created for.
>not taking a half step away from the norm to try and improve your skills as a role player
>playing anything but a literal heal bout made for war

I appreciate all the effort you went through to make the post but I think ill continue playing what I want.

Interesting concept. To join in on what others have been saying, I would think that she might extremely ignorant and maybe a little dopey, but apologetically so and wise enough to realize that she's not the greatest thinker.

Please stop this. If you're baiting it's no good and if you're actually this dumb it's no good. I'm sorry you're still upset about an irrelevant candidate for an irrelevant position that lost more than a year ago but you can stop now. Really, it's fine.

Part of the fluff of having 6 int is the crack in her dome, slight "brain" damage since it was difficult for me to imagine not being created with at least average int

>assblasted retardation
thanks for being so topical

Expanding on this thought:

>Have difficulty with some abstract ideas and advanced hypothetical situations.

>Work out problems based on common sense, emotional response and instinct.

>Limit your knowledge base to clerical and habitual matters learned by rote.

>Be genuinely apologetic every time you must ask for clarification on something.

You're playing a fucking robot. A fucking retarded robot of a race constructed for war and service. One of the things I dislike is limiting character creation options, but fuck man, please realise how retarded it is to even conceive of such a being as a cleric, and then having shitty stats on top, which don't correspond with the class. The dilemmas you stated? Non-applicable, because your character is FUNCTIONALLY RETARDED.
Warforged are below even Goliath-tier in their redundancy, with the latter being at least living creatures, even if ones made specifically for being "a human warrior/barbarian BUT BIGGER AND STRONGER".
Just fucking stop. In my group you'd be allowed nothing but human characters until you stop basing the personality and characteristics of your PCs on their race WHILE ignoring the basis of what the race is about.

I'd noticed that in her portrait and was going to ask. Does she know how that happened? It might make for a fun plot-hook later if she can't remember and tries to find out.

God thing I'm not in your group

She knows where she woke up, who's been talking care of her and what she's been told of the situation but not the entirety of events that actually took place

Baz doesn't really seem stupid, but he also doesn't put a whole lot of smarts into anything he does. Jessica is actually pretty smart.

>low INT, high WIS

Hahahaha get fucked you little pissant

Low INT and low WIS I see.

>High wis

Nah he's low INT and low WIS but high CHA

>Everyone is living for everyone else now. They're doing stuff so they can tell other people about it. I don't get all that social media stuff, I've always got other things I want to do - odd jobs around the house. No one wants to hear about that.

Masters in Aeronautical Engineering, ten years flight time to qualify for test pilot work, another 2-3 years other stuff on top of that. When you think about it, Hal is fucking old. Easily into his 30s by the time he starts out.

Compare to Superman, who's starting somewhere in his early to mid twenties (Masters in Journalism from Metropolis university plus a year or two wandering the globe before he starts being Superman).

If this is the case, you could also construe her low intelligence score as a severely faulty memory.

got em

That's the power of limited budget for them cartoons

That felt like a cop out though

I can understand that sentiment. What will her personality be like? Maybe that canticle some inspiration on how to play her low intelligence.

>One of the things I dislike is limiting character creation options...
> In my group you'd be allowed nothing but human characters until you stop basing the personality and characteristics of your PCs on their race WHILE ignoring the basis of what the race is about.

Sure character personality never has any basis in what they were born/created as. Like, it is absolutely unreasonable for an elf to love the woodlands and for a dwarf to love the undermountain. And it isn't like was going through the full personality of his character in the post, even though it might not be very much of a personality when compared to most living things - because he is...
>playing a fucking robot

And way to go contradicting yourself. You're telling him to play a retarded robot all the while berating him for his character's personality having basis in his race. Apparently you only allow stereotypical characters at your games.

I'm really glad I don't play in your group, user.

That's any exceedingly difficult question....

Difficult to explain, or difficult to decide on?

It seems to me, based on our discussion, her clerical nature and her character portrait, that she might be good natured, humble and aware of her own mental limitations. She would be fairly intuitive and a good reader of people, given her high wisdom, but wouldn't have a head for abstractions and hypotheticals, and wouldn't have much in the way of worldly, academic knowledge. She might worry about being a burden on her party members and do her best to make sure she isn't by asking a lot of questions and seeking instruction from those more in the know.

Or none of this might be true. I'm just brainstorming.

>roleplaying a dump stat

OP I think your INT might be 2.

>Hey my CHR is my dump stat, I should play a socially awkward uggo who most people hate.

Said no one ever. It's funny how INT is the only dump stat people are willing to roleplay.

I don't know about that. I did play a low-charisma rogue once with a haggard, stray-dog appearance and really off-putting mannerisms.

Hard to explain, or put into words rather.

She's strong willed, and a soldier by nature. Afraid that she had no soul and by extension afraid of death. She's a true believer in the stories of Thor. She was gifted with her clerical powers when fighting a losing battle with her brothers in arms, she was struck with lightning and had a nice little chat with Thor who was curious about the soul so he granted her powers with the promise that if she died in battle he would come and take her soul to Valhalla himself, if she had one.

It was after that she took the blow to the head and blacked out, woke up in the bed a kind dwarf and a rude human trader in a small dwarven "village" just a few branch clans living away from the main families

Very different than my imagining then, okay. In that case, she might be just as honest about her shortcomings but less apologetic and more brusque about them. An old line from the show Dragnet comes to mind: "Just the facts, Ma'am." In any given situation, the character might be aware that there is a lot of information that she might find confusing or bewildering but she is also wise enough to get by without this information, so when interacting with others she might insist on being shown, told or taught only the basics required to do her job.

"I don't understand any of this. Do I need to know this? Why are you telling me? I just need to know what I should be doing."