EDH/Commander General /edhg/

Hate Sink Edition

Previous: RESOURCES

>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.
tappedout.net

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the the internet.
edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.
manabasecrafter.com/

CARD SEARCH

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface.
magiccards.info/

Thread Question: Do your commanders fear any kind of narrow hate? (Gravehate, etc) If so, how do you deal with it?

Other urls found in this thread:

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/pissisi-blood-piss/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/kawaii-vampire/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/01-09-17-neheb-the-burninator/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/morning-wood-4/).
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/edgar-markov-card-ideas/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

This is my husband.

He's pretty much perfect in every way. He's big, he's fast, he's kind, what more can you ask for in a guy?
He just gave me haste, shit was SO cash

Processors. And I just start playing like a normal deck at that point.

is there a cycle of creatures more badass than the praetors?

Hope he comes back, he was a cool guy

I hope someday we get two or even three color praetors. Like Gruul, Jund or Naya Vorinclex.

All of the other ones are dead so he's the last chance

No, the only one probably dead are him and sheoldred?

I thought only Sheoldred was dead. Norn killed her, has Vorinclex on a leash, doesn't care about Jin, and Urabrask is hiding.

I'm fairly certain he was the first to actually die. The others have died or submitted to Elesh Norn but probably just submitted.

Vorinclex is not on a leash, but does pretty much nothing, the true one controlling the tangle is glissa, and she is allied to norn.

Neither have been confirmed as dead since we were given this information from the perspective of what little Mirran remnants remained on Mirrodin.
Given Urabrask title and his card I find it incredibly hard to believe that they'd leave this much space for him to live and them simply just have him dead.

tfw Jacetice League confronts Norn,
gets their asses handed to them then a portal tears open and urabrask flies out of it sonic style, starts plowing through bitches and collecting coins
Gix comes out after him all suave and collected talking about how NuPhyrexians are like little babies and that he'll restore them to their former glory

>all the other praetors joined in converting atraxa except Urabrask
>is 4 colors excluding R
Damnit, i just got this

Doesnt mean he is dead, Atraxa has her colors because he is the only one not cooperating with the other preaors, and even took in mirran refugees in his forge.

Didnt imply he's dead, just noting that its a nice bit of flavor i overlooked

Plus, Atraxa represents slow, steady growth which is not at all red

All of the four-colors are defined by what color they aren't rather than what colors they are

>tfw have a Queen Marchesa deck, a Black Rose Marchesa deck, and a Marchesa playmat

Am I being a waifufag?

What? Regal Behemoth would be great.

>cycle of kamigawa dragons reprinted
>okagachi as new commander
I hope they arent brushing everyone up everyone on kamigawa lore for a return to it. They would probably ruin the setting by making Minamo the new Hall of Jacetice against Bolas since it was the only place to push his shit in hard, fully cementing the main cast as anime.

You might be but hos is that bad? My waifu is Master Transmuter but I don't have deck for her right now :(

Just embrace it

Make a cheese stands alone deck to complete the set

He looks like something straight outta Metroid.
Metroid Prime: New Phyrexia when???

>what more can you ask for in a guy?
Colors with card advantage.

>Urabrask cooperating with Gix

Now that is some shitty fanfiction.

So shitty that they just might use it.

These days red has plenty of that, mostly in the form of exiling from the top of the library or straight up casting for free from the top x cards.

>Supreme Judge Isperia playmat and Isperia, the Inscrutable sleeves
Get on my level.

>implying urabrask jumping onto gix's shoulders to form mecha-shiva wouldnt be the best writing to come out of wizards in a decade

I wish Norn had me on a leash.

Gix is super dead user. Let it go.

But what about Sheoldred? She is thic

I love how well designed all the praetors are.

Anyone running Loaming Shaman? Or are y'all more Relic people?

I use bojuka bog or scavenger grounds. Graveyard hate in landform doesnt take away any slots in your deck.

I love how close his design is to classic Phyrexian aesthetic.

Crypt because I'm an OG nigga

>exile from the top
>it's a land
>already had a land drop
thanks red

>exile from the top
>can't afford to cast it
>would've been able to next turn
thanks red

>exile from the top
>it's an instant speed answer
>nothing to cast it on
>opponent drops a threat on his turn that the answer would've solved
thanks red

Is he supposed to resemble a giant mutant goblin?

Dont think so

He's pretty cute. I always forget how lithe he is. His card art is impossible to parse.

In decks with black, I feel pretty good with Grounds and Bog, but I feel I need more in other decks.

He is the rabbit of encouragement.
Look at him cheer on this Loxodon. You can do it!

Wow, he really does look like he's saying "yeah, you can do it!". I never even noticed him in that art.

Good Guy Urabrask

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/pissisi-blood-piss/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/kawaii-vampire/

What's a cool deck for a waifu-fag like me? Looking for white or red or green with some planeswalkers in the mix.

madolche.

Sidisi is a guy btw

>In the heart of the Dragonlord Silumgar's fortress, the undead naga Sidisi bides her time…
No she's not.

Incorrecto.

What decks do the trannies at your card shop play?

Unsurprisingly here all of them play elf decks and Alesha

How do you feel about blind chicks?

Pheeew thought I might be gay for giant serpent. Thank god it's a female

Stay away from my waif

Luckily I have never seen a tranny in my LGS.

Your waifu's a slut for my Godsire.

What is a good place for EU to buy cards?

magiccardmarket, dont think there is even something else nearly as big and good in EU

And use the "Want" tool to put all your wanted cads in a list and then use the shopping wizards. Its super easy and automaticly orders in the cheapest possible way for you.

See if hell has any options.

He's a compleated furnace dragon.

But why is he so smol and has no wings?

Real talk about the legendary planeswalker change. Does anyone here runs a superfriend deck? I have an atraxa deck that has slowly been getting more and more planeswalkers, and I want to know how much it affected the superfriends deck.

>atraxa
Can't even run Bolas what are you doing son

I wish I could fit in the "hit and opponent with a bolas equipped bolas", but unfortunately, I can't.

He and Nahiri are really the only losses, as far as EDH playable walkers go.

>when you're swinging into her with your convoked Autochthon Wurm and she moans "tap me daddy"
NUT

>she will never commune with your progenitus

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/01-09-17-neheb-the-burninator/

How do I make this shit more competitive?

>ywn Planar Outburst all over her slutty board, awakening her Jungle Shrine
Why even live

Well, I wish I could run some of the Chandras, and I would have loved to run Sarkhan Unbroken too. For now I have been having fun with just some planeswalkers, but there are some that may help me a lot like GideonS, but I have no idea how much fun they are.

Also, I am already negotiating with my friends to let me have a proxy of Dungeon Master on my deck.

I'm mad that that card will never be released.

I want to make a spicy Treefolk tribal deck with Doran (tappedout.net/mtg-decks/morning-wood-4/). Is Slagwurm armor and Eland Umbra only decent permanents for bumping up toughness?

>negotiating with my friends to let me have a proxy
>"hey guys can I run this goofy not-a-card that doesn't do simply absurd things like actual silver bordered cards"
>"we're not a bunch of assholes so we don't see an issue with you using non-tournament legal decks once in a while"
That should be it.
Do they even know what the card does, it's hardly powerful.

Is this really so good it should be banned in EDH but not modern? Is it more broken than demonic tutor?

more fast mana you cunt
> mana crypt
> mana vault
also
> red elemental blast
and stuff like that for those pesky blue boys

He ramps to good and instantly searches for land combos like Dark Depths and Thessian stage or vesuvia etc

No, no, no. Jacetice league confronts New Phyrexia but Liliana refuses to go with them, says more prep time is needed. They get defeated because they weren't prepared. Liliana shows up to save them at the last second with a bunch of Dominarian planeswalkers looking to settle a grudge. Karn joins the league of underwhelming walkers.

RUN!

Oathsworn Giant is not bad and Spidersilk Armor is underrated

Wood Elemental for $5. Y/N? Satan says they're selling fast.

Oh, I am most sure that they will let me play with it. It's just that it's always good to ask for permission first, especially in cases like these. I mean, they didn't even know the card existed, and I also didn't until someone posted it a couple threads ago.

Buy them out, I think you can make big money!

Alesha is petrified of grave hate; other than that, not really

>Do your commanders fear any kind of narrow hate? (Gravehate, etc) If so, how do you deal with it?
Selvala hates boardwipes I have probably 6 or 7 cards to mass flicker, dodge removal or give things indestructible

>unironicly being gay

wut

>wanting more than 3 lands in play
>playing big shit
>having answers
you arent thinking RED enough

Will there be a duel deck thing for Ixalan? Any news on that? Looking to get a Pirates v Dinos or something to teach my girl how to play.

No duel deck, the next one is Merfolk vs Goblins. Maybe the planeswalker-intro decks is what you seek, seems like Jace/Merfolk vs Huatli/dinos.

>the planeswalker-intro decks
these were the worst idea ever

Yes, but I am kinda happy with the new red-white one, because the planeswalker is decent in Gishath edh and can be tutored with the rare dino in the deck, which itself gets tutored by Gishath.

Yeah, but I kinda see the appeal with them for new players. Playing a planeswalker, the flagship (I dont like it, but wizards advertises them as that) of the game, and having cards to tutor and recur them from the graveyard is a pretty hype start for newbies.

that picture is surreal, id be shitting if i saw that

>question

built unesh last week and I hope nobody in my group decides to use pic related

They sold so well that the team responsible for them got an award from Hasbro.

really?
I guess thats not very surprising considering the flash of the product

Best ways to deal with annoying enchantments in grixis?

>needing card advantage to win
look at this scrub

Chaos Warp

>in grixis?
thats a tough one, obvi you have cyclonic rift and counterspells
and in some respects thats prettymuch what you get. This is going to be ok against anything but enchantress decks
to beat enchantress decks you pretty much have to race them, which in grixis, shouldnt be terribly hard

I'm trying to build Edgar markov in (at least semi) competitive way. I'd like to have an aristocrats style build that gains card advantage through group discard and breaks parity with madness and flashback. I'm still in the brainstorming phase. Let me know if I missed anything. It feels like the deck has a lot of stuff it's trying to do but no one thing well enough

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/edgar-markov-card-ideas/